#1 2015-09-27 00:10:19

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

Need assistance with perceived abuse

Hello Team-Simple Admin,

I'm seeking your help again, please. This starts today on Bocage - I was booted for AFK as I would expect. (Unfortunately, a guy on my road loss control of his car and had driven across my front yard and the neighbors, so naturally I had to step away to deal with that for a few minutes.) However, I noticed that several other folks had been AFK in game also, and were not kicked. I also noticed when I returned that Dink was still on server, and no other admin said they'd kicked me when I politely asked. Despite my curiosity over this, I continued to play the map.

Later in that session of Bocage, I had been actively playing and dying a lot! I ended up on the small stone bridge southwest of the middle flag, fighting a tank and a guy named "bill." I killed bill and ran from the tank (I thought it was a fairly clever series of decisions.) I was  nearly out of ammo, and I ran to the barn & house on the river to use the ammo box. While there I noticed Dink was AFK in the team list. I wondered if he was shadowing me again, randomly...... You see this has happened before in server where Dink has shadowed me and asked me randomly "wtf are you doing" and etc in moments where I'm not violating any written rule and no one has indicated that I needed to stop doing something in particular. We actually got into a chat about it before last week where I asked him to stop stalking me as I wasn't violating any rule and was playing.... So here I am in the barn reloading and probably being monitored again for no apparent reason. As a test, I wrote the letters "F U" on the barn wall with bullets. I was immediately kicked by Dink. This meant that Dink was indeed stalking me again, and was just waiting for cause to kick me. When I returned, Dink said I was "playing disruptively," yet I was playing and not violating ANY posted rule.  I was never even advised by Dink about anything prior to the kick and there was no reason. Server logs WILL indicate that I killed "bill" about a minute before the kick, and I think two other guys right before that at the flag. I volunteered that I'd take the issue to forums as not to disrupt the server, and Dink then threatened "Next time I will ban your sorry ass." Then Dink logged off and went to PF. I suppose that threat could mean nearly anything, since I wasn't doing anything that was an apparent problem. :\ Simple server logs during Bocage at about 17:00 EDT will support my post.

Dink and I have a sorted history from an old server and it flared up before during the TeamSpeak post earlier in forums this month. Dink had no stake in what happened in that thread and wasn't present for any of the actual TS incident, yet decided to chime in and target me rather harshly (below.) In the end, it was determined that I had NOT violated any rule in TS. The comments weren't relevant to the issue we were trying to sort out before, but shows a repeated history of Dink seeking conflict with me. Meanwhile, I go out of my way not to chat with or interfere with Dink at all, because I know there's an issue there.

http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic. … 504#p70504

http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic. … 565#p70565

http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic. … 575#p70575

http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic. … 598#p70598

I would simply like to be able to play normally without Dink targeting me for kicks when he is on server. It seems abusive and unbecoming of someone with admin abilities. If I break a rule, please remind me or kick me like anyone else. I'm certainly not requesting special treatment! To my knowledge, most of my server kicks are from Dink. I don't appear to have problems with other admin, some of whom were present during this game. If I am to be banned, I would hope it's because I've screwed up and broken a posted rule and was a jerk or something (which i would never intend to do, but I'm human!) and not because Dink doesn't like me and stalked me for 45 minutes analyzing my every move for the slightest insignificant cause to pounce.

Thanks for your assistance with this...

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-09-27 00:11:06)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#2 2015-09-27 00:51:15

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 12.10240

Re: Need assistance with perceived abuse

Before I reply, admins please check logs smile

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2015-09-27 09:12:10

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Ok I will keep this to the facts because I really cant be bothered to get into this with you Lonewolf, you and I both know the truth.

" If I break a rule, please remind me or kick me like anyone else. I'm certainly not requesting special treatment! To my knowledge, most of my server kicks are from Dink." - You broke a rule and got kicked.  It was noted by two other players that you were AFK, for what ever reason, and this is no longer tolerated.  Besides using up band width on the server you are also using up a player slot for no reason.  How many times have you been kicked from the server because that was the first one from me smile

" So here I am in the barn reloading and probably being monitored again for no apparent reason. As a test, I wrote the letters "F U" on the barn wall with bullets. I was immediately kicked by Dink. This meant that Dink was indeed stalking me again, and was just waiting for cause to kick me. When I returned, Dink said I was "playing disruptively," yet I was playing and not violating ANY posted rule."  - Writing FU on a wall in bullets is not playing the game or assisting you team mates and therefore is disrupting game play and a kind of activity you are well known for a rule broken you got kicked as a reminder like you requested, as a foot note you were actually on your third go at writing FU on the wall when you were kicked.

So you consider me to be stalking you because I kicked you twice in a game on Simple server yet its really illuminating that you do not mention in you post about the hours you have played on my server in the last few weeks so who is stalking who?
You are very clear on what you are doing you have been playing the same "I will not play him" game for years seriously google yourself, players have even made videos about you and no I did not put them up to it before you ask.

Oh and the time I asked you "wtf are you doing" was on my server and this was after someone had asked me on TS so please check your facts.

Last edited by (BB)DinkW (2015-09-27 14:32:47)

#4 2015-09-27 17:53:48

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

To summarize:

- It appears that Dink selectively enforced AFK rules, kicking me and leaving others online that had been AFK (in one case for an entire map.) I generally accept AFK kicks (they make perfect sense, and I try not to AFK excessively.) I found it curious that he only chose to kick me and not other AFK players, an action for which he has provided no reasonable explanation.

- Dink kicked me for a fleeting moment of playfulness while reloading that took mere seconds of time to elapse. In game chat Dink stated that I "wasn't playing" as the reason for the kick when I clearly was playing. I had just killed a person about a minute beforehand, and two others moments before that at the flag. The simple logs will show this account to be accurate. Then when I call out Dink's behavior in the Forums for the bogus kick, THE STORY CHANGES and it was that I was "playing disruptively." He clearly feels as if players should be under the level of scrutiny where firing a few rounds off or something innocuous should be cause for a kick. EXCEPT, it's not ALL players, it's just me. The guy he lurks and shadows in game when he's on server. It's a dubious excuse at best.

- The other commentary about googling myself (which I never do but apparently Dink does?!) and other extraneous junk about happenings on other servers is irrelevant and immaterial to my concern about Dink selectively enforcing rules as a means to target me. They are also irrelevant in explaining why Dink is ghosting me in game without any legitimate cause, and using extremely questionable judgment in kicking me from the game for things that NO OTHER PLAYER on your server would be kicked for.

I don't expect to get any accountability from Dink, as he continues to avoid any reasonable explanation of his actions during these specific events yesterday. Dink is more interested in making attacks against me, like disingenuously alleging that I didn't chat to anyone in TS ever (in the last thread, which turned out to be completely false as several admin & users here know.) Alleging that we "both know the truth." in this thread is another disingenuous allegation to spark the idea that I've somehow made this up. Dink says he "can't be bothered to get into this" with me. That's convenient when there's no reasonable explanation for what he did. Interestingly enough, Dink seems to have plenty of time when he's ghosting me in game waiting for an excuse to kick me, and has to resort to kicking me for briefly shooting a wall. roll

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-09-27 18:06:01)

#5 2015-09-27 18:22:32

valento
Austria
Android Chrome 45.0

Do you srsly kick ppl when they are afk even if the server isnt full? If yea, why? Dont get me wrong but i never saw the us server full at anytime. But mby im wrong.

#6 2015-09-27 18:24:01

Coco
France
Windows 10 Chrome 45.0

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#7 2015-09-27 18:44:16

bidji91
France
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

#8 2015-09-27 18:49:54

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

The reason we kick AFK on Simple USA is... We have a set amount of GB's per month, if we reach it before the month is over the server goes off line until the next billing cycle starts. It has happened at least twice in the last year. So , if you are sitting AFK in game, your burning time.

FotS

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#9 2015-09-27 18:50:49

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

I am not even going to get into this with you Lonewolf I have given my response and you will get no more - jog on.

#10 2015-09-27 19:06:27

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

(BB)DinkW wrote:

I am not even going to get into this with you Lonewolf I have given my response and you will get no more - jog on.

Of course not Dink, because you've run out of misrepresentations and distractions in your nonresponse-response and you have NO way to explain your abusive actions in the server yesterday. The log says it all. (concise enough Coco & bid? tongue )

I hope all admin (including Dink) warn, kick and ban me as they would anyone else. Volunteer Admin is a thankless job that I certainly appreciate on simple42. I want the server to do well and don't intend to have issues. But admin are at their best when they keep things smooth and fun, not seeking to use power to punish people arbitrarily as Dink has been doing to me. If there is more clear-cut abuse like this, I will be back with video to ask why he is being allowed admin rights on this great server.

It's a good day for a jog.

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-09-27 19:19:17)

#11 2015-09-27 19:13:13

valento
Austria
Android Chrome 45.0

FlickoftheSwitch wrote:

The reason we kick AFK on Simple USA is... We have a set amount of GB's per month, if we reach it before the month is over the server goes off line until the next billing cycle starts. It has happened at least twice in the last year. So , if you are sitting AFK in game, your burning time.

FotS

Thanks

#12 2015-09-27 19:17:44

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

That's good to know Flick. Generally I try to log off. I had a crazy person drive through my yard yesterday while I was playing, lol. It's a thing on our road unfortunately. I think we need a NASCAR retention wall. It seems ALL of us that were AFK should have been booted yesterday.

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-09-27 19:18:21)

#13 2015-09-28 02:34:57

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

lonewolf-mcquade wrote:
(BB)DinkW wrote:

Of course not Dink, because you've run out of misrepresentations and distractions in your nonresponse-response and you have NO way to explain your abusive actions in the server yesterday. The log says it all. (concise enough Coco & bid? tongue )

No he has not run out of anything....he is following my direction, after all, if was just a kick...however that can change. The rest of the history between u2 should be irrelevant but it will make a good show to attract attention to the forums.... so carry on.

lonewolf-mcquade wrote:

I hope all admin (including Dink) warn, kick and ban me as they would anyone else.

There is no warn, kick, ban when it comes to veteran players that "know" better.  You just get it...period.

So let me get this straight wolf...all this because you got kicked and attached all this past history?  Talk about going WAY overboard.  I actually had to check your name twice because I thought maybe it was Ice for a second.

#14 2015-09-28 03:12:03

Oscar Goldman
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 37.0

PitViper wrote:

So let me get this straight wolf...all this because you got kicked and attached all this past history?  Talk about going WAY overboard.  I actually had to check your name twice because I thought maybe it was Ice for a second.

I giggled.

#15 2015-09-28 03:38:00

MÅrco
Administrator
United States
Website
OS X Firefox 38.0

valento wrote:

Do you srsly kick ppl when they are afk even if the server isnt full? If yea, why? Dont get me wrong but i never saw the us server full at anytime. But mby im wrong.

It does get full sometimes Vale. Also with the bots in the server, sometimes if people are AFK it throws off the autoteam-balance so its necessary to kick AFKs at times.

Last edited by MÅrco (2015-09-28 03:38:42)

#16 2015-09-28 04:27:19

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

Viper,

I wasn't implying a required succession, just that I be treated like anyone else here - Any other regular, that's fine. What on earth is the point in making further threats when I'm here trying to reasonably discuss this?!

It's been more than "just a kick," that's why I posted. So if this is how you want it done, OK. Now I'm clear that Dink can scrutinize and hold me to a separate standard (or just change his reasoning on the fly.) I can expect to be subjected to more whimsical kicks, bans and/or in chat badgering for pretty much anything (if I'm playing a slow game as sniper, just not being "productive enough," for example) Thanks for taking the time to respond. I understand. I'll move on now.

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-09-28 04:56:52)

#17 2015-09-28 05:28:58

TOOKIE GOODNITE
impeached (twice)
United States
Website
Windows 8.1 Firefox 40.0

Your direction? So your telling admins to kick ppl for writing on the wall with bullets? What a ass you are. As is any admin who would follow such directions. And now you're threatening to ban ppl for such actions? Seriously, can you be a bigger dick? Do you honestly believe that's the best for the USA server? Maybe we can recruit Moon & your mother, I'm sure they'll fit right in your garage. I cant believe you dont see the humor in him knowing you're watching him & writes that. THAT is some funny shit. Y'all are taking this game FAR too seriously, lighten up and laugh occasionally.

If you open the remote, but dont sign in you can copy the logs you want and post them here without the logs scrolling down whenever somebody says something. Try that instead of having us waste our time searching thru the logs.

P.S. I wood love to see the video if you have it.

#18 2015-09-28 06:08:39

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

LMAO  You both are confused...

(BB)DinkW wrote:

lonewolf-mcquade wrote:

Of course not Dink, because you've run out of misrepresentations and distractions in your nonresponse-response and you have NO way to explain your abusive actions in the server yesterday.

It was my direction for him NOT to continue in this thread and say what he had to say and be done with it.
That why he stopped...I asked him too...not because of what you said lone....However that can change and he (Dink) could continue...even though I asked him not to ...for the reason I posted.  Tookie you are not good at using brain cells...go have another beer and stfu,.

Sorry I worded it in a way you two could not clearly understand.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#19 2015-09-29 03:33:41

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 40.0

I get kicked when i am afk.  Didn't know that FoTs... i'll log out everytime i'm going to be afk .

#20 2015-09-29 05:29:08

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

BoS wrote:

I get kicked when i am afk.  Didn't know that FoTs... i'll log out everytime i'm going to be afk .

We have quite a few people that like to hang out in server,..thinking is helps show numbers and draw people in....and it does.
That it absorbs bandwidth that can run out of the end of the month, is frustrating and is being addressed so this should not be an issue going forward.

lonewolf-mcquade wrote:

Viper, I wasn't implying a required succession, just that I be treated like anyone else here - Any other regular, that's fine.  It's been more than "just a kick," that's why I posted. .

Ok...I hear that.

Many people play in varying degrees of seriousness here.  You are not required to be a complete asset to your team at all times.

#21 2015-09-29 19:09:19

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11.0

That's about as obliging as anyone could possibly ask! Thanks Bos for understanding AND for the attitude.
:-)

BoS wrote:

#22 2015-09-29 21:32:29

Dakota
Player
Canada

It was more than just a kick ?  Nice try to divide us again LW !!  If I remember yesterday you where on Dinwk server smurffing !!!  Your past behavior  makes me wonder about you, your present behavior makes me wonder more ! Up to you for the futur !.

Dinwk was only doing is admin job!! he was monitoring a odd player !!!

#23 2015-09-29 21:40:04

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

i dont believe past behaviour on other servers should be bought into simple server dakota
im also not sure why other people need to comment on this when dink, pit and lone have sorted it out smile

#24 2015-09-30 19:28:04

Winston Smith
New Zealand
iOS Safari 9.0

I've been busy recently and haven't had a lot of time to donate my useless two yens' worth.  But I picked up my iPad, opened this thread and saw several essay length posts and thought awesome, another soap opera is in its first season, this should be good!   But it wasn't.  Where's the romance, the intrigue, the blatant nonsense that makes these threads great?  There's very little here to entertain me. Oh wow, a problem existed and then it was sorted out with only a token amount of fuss.  Sigh.  I even read the thread backwards cause I thought it might provide more of a climax, but alas, like shagging after too many beers, a climax was nowhere in sight. 

Anyone know what Tiger and !Icebags have been up to lately?  I miss those guys and their interesting nonsense.

Last edited by Winston Smith (2015-09-30 19:28:57)

#25 2015-09-30 20:54:25

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11.0

?eciffus siht lliW

.esnesnon gnitseretni rieht dna syug esoht ssim I  ?yletal ot pu neeb evah sgabecI! dna regiT tahw wonk enoynA

.thgis ni erehwon saw xamilc a ,sreeb ynam oot retfa gniggahs ekil ,sala tub ,xamilc a fo erom edivorp thgim ti thguoht I esuac sdrawkcab daerht eht daer neve I  .hgiS  .ssuf fo tnuoma nekot a ylno htiw tuo detros saw ti neht dna detsixe melborp a ,wow hO .em niatretne ot ereh elttil yrev s'erehT  ?taerg sdaerht eseht sekam taht esnesnon tnatalb eht ,eugirtni eht ,ecnamor eht s'erehW  .t'nsaw ti tuB   !doog eb dluohs siht ,nosaes tsrif sti ni si arepo paos rehtona ,emosewa thguoht dna stsop htgnel yasse lareves was dna daerht siht denepo ,daPi ym pu dekcip I tuB  .htrow 'sney owt sselesu ym etanod ot emit fo tol a dah t'nevah dna yltnecer ysub neeb ev'I

MS

#26 2015-09-30 21:24:27

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

POSTED backwards?????  How the HECK did you do that????????
Monkey Mirror????

#27 2015-09-30 22:44:40

Dakota
Player
Canada

What? I am talking of is past behavior on this server, look at page number 2 !!  Being abuse by another admin ??

Piper this is a plublic section and I learn alot from it smile

#28 2015-09-30 22:57:10

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Pleiades53 wrote:

POSTED backwards?????  How the HECK did you do that????????
Monkey Mirror????

He clearly has far to much free time, or access to a website that does it for you lol big_smile

#29 2015-10-01 01:56:38

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

o-Nay, ut-bay is-thay ill-way do....

I've een-bay usy-bay ecently-ray and-way haven't ad-hay a-way ot-lay of-way ime-tay o-tay onate-day y-may useless-way o-tway yens' worth. ut-Bay I-way icked-pay up-way y-may iPad-way, opened-way is-thay ead-thray and-way aw-say everal-say essay-way ength-lay osts-pay and-way ought-thay awesome-way, another-way oap-say opera-way is-way in-way its-way irst-fay eason-say, is-thay ould-shay e-bay ood-gay! ut-Bay it-way wasn't. Where's e-thay omance-ray, e-thay intrigue-way, e-thay atant-blay onsense-nay at-thay akes-may ese-thay eads-thray eat-gray? There's ery-vay ittle-lay ere-hay o-tay entertain-way me. Oh-way ow-way, a-way oblem-pray existed-way and-way en-thay it-way as-way orted-say out-way ith-way only-way a-way oken-tay amount-way of-way fuss. Sigh. I-way even-way ead-ray e-thay ead-thray ackwards-bay ause-cay I-way ought-thay it-way ight-may ovide-pray ore-may of-way a-way imax-clay, ut-bay alas-way, ike-lay agging-shay after-way oo-tay any-may eers-bay, a-way imax-clay as-way owhere-nay in-way sight. Anyone ow-knay at-whay iger-Tay and-way !Icebags ave-hay een-bay up-way o-tay ately-lay? I-way iss-may ose-thay uys-gay and-way eir-thay interesting-way nonsense.

otS-Fay

#30 2015-10-01 06:03:55

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11.0

fkn-ay hilarious-way

Board footer