Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

Harassed then banned in TeamSpeak today

-Simple USA BF1942 Server
-Admin Flick

Hello,

I'm sorry that this has to be my first post here, but I'm seeking some assistance from a senior admin if possible. I'm sorry for the length of this, but I want to capture everything while it's fresh in my mind:

I've been having a good time playing your server for a while now! I've also been in TS with several of your players and admin. It's been cool getting to know some of you (apparently from all around the world.) That said there is history between Flick (his friend Icebag$) and myself. For several years I felt the wrath of their constant targeting and harassment in other servers. I'm sure they have opinions of me as well - suffice it to say we don't get along. I decided it was more fun to play 42 and better for everyone if I simply ignored them in chat and avoided them as much as possible. That's basically how I've tried to operate for the last couple years in that regard.

I first started on Simple's TS months back & I'd been on for several hours when Flick and his friend came into chat. They immediately started calling me douchebag and some other stuff. When someone pointed out I was there, they laughed said 'ooops' and continued. Since I was there for fun, I blocked the both of them that session. I didn't want to bother defending myself/arguing, I wanted to just play. This passive aggressive junk has gone on for a few weeks now, so I made the blocks permanent after a few more instances. Today, after hours of playing and chatting with others without any issues, I said out loud "ah wtf Flick just rammed my tank and blocked me up, grrr" (something short like that). My damaged tank was destroyed and I moved on to other stuff. Then I was moved in TS. I looked and saw Flick had joined. I moved back and was was repeatedly moved away. Eventually I was kicked. I noticed in the log that both Flick and Icebag$ were responsible for these events. Eventually I unblocked Flick. He was bent out of shape because of the comment I made. We had an unfortunate exchange where I voiced that he was being abusive over a benign game comment. Despite this, I offered a frustrated apology and he became insulting. I blocked him again and went back to playing. I was able to continue chatting with others and playing for hours after that without incident.

Later, we ended up at another server playing secret weapons. While in that server and chatting in Simple TS to another player, the discussion with Flick, Ice and the other player was about me (because I'd killed flick a few times.) I tried to continue to chat as if there was no problem and Flick began moving people into other rooms. Flick has also been doing this to me off and on for some time now (my guess is he's trying to isolate me for not speaking to him.) At no other time has ANY other simple admin acted this way in TS. Sometimes I chat, sometimes I don't. It depends on my mood and if someone asks me something! I also use push to talk so it gets kinda tricky. I any case after shuffling people around, Flick outright banned me for no apparent reason. It's par for the course, really. I'd like to please be unbanned so I can enjoy chatting with others when I play. I would still like to avoid direct conversations with Flick unless they are absolutely necessary. This behavior is precisely why. Thanks for your help and sorry for the huge post.

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-08-25 05:46:32)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2015-08-25 05:35:43

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

Re: Harassed then banned in TeamSpeak today

The first event...

<20:55:48> You were moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "General Chat" by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:55:48> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:02> You switched from channel "General Chat" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:56:02> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:13> You were moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "General Chat" by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:56:13> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:15> You switched from channel "General Chat" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:56:15> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:35> You were moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "General Chat" by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:56:35> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:36> You switched from channel "General Chat" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:56:36> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:41> You were moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "Blue(Allies)" by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:56:41> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:43> You switched from channel "Blue(Allies)" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:56:43> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:45> You were moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "AFK" by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:56:45> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:46> You switched from channel "AFK" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:56:46> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:48> You were moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "General Chat" by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:56:48> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:50> You switched from channel "General Chat" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:56:50> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:52> You were moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "Blue(Allies)" by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:56:52> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:53> You switched from channel "Blue(Allies)" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:56:53> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:57> You were moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "Blue(Allies)" by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:56:57> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:56:57> You switched from channel "Blue(Allies)" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:56:57> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".

<20:57:14> You were kicked from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" by "[IceBag$] IceBag$" (don't creep)

<20:57:14> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:57:16> You switched from channel "General Chat" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:57:16> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:57:34> You were kicked from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" by "[Flick] Flick" (if you want to have a conversation your more than welcome to come back)
<20:57:34> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<20:57:58> You were kicked from the server by "[Flick] Flick"
<20:57:58> Disconnected from server
<20:58:02> Trying to connect to server on 188.165.220.115
<20:58:03> Welcome to SiMPLE's TeamSpeak 3 server! Enjoy your stay.
<20:58:03> Connected to Server: "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3"
<20:58:47> You switched from channel "General Chat" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<20:58:47> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "LoneWolf-McQuade" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".

#3 2015-08-25 05:37:00

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

The ban...

<22:37:49> "PusherMan" connected to channel "General Chat"
<22:41:37> "[Flick] Flick" switched from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "General Chat"
<22:41:37> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "[Flick] Flick" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<22:41:48> "[Flick] Flick" switched from channel "General Chat" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<22:41:48> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "[Flick] Flick" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<22:43:18> "Snowball" switched from channel "AFK" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<22:43:18> Channel group "Channel Admin" was assigned to "Snowball" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<22:43:46> "[IceBag$] IceBag$" was moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "Blue(Allies)" by "[Flick] Flick"
<22:43:46> Channel group "Channel Admin" [Inherited from: SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942] was assigned to "[IceBag$] IceBag$" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<22:43:48> "Snowball" was moved from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "Blue(Allies)" by "[Flick] Flick"
<22:43:48> Channel group "Channel Admin" [Inherited from: SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942] was assigned to "Snowball" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<22:43:50> "[Flick] Flick" switched from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "Blue(Allies)"
<22:43:50> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "[Flick] Flick" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<22:43:52> "[Flick] Flick" switched from channel "Blue(Allies)" to "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942"
<22:43:52> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "[Flick] Flick" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<22:44:09> "[Flick] Flick" switched from channel "SiMPLE  USA Battlefield 1942" to "Blue(Allies)"
<22:44:09> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "[Flick] Flick" by "SiMPLE | TeamSpeak 3".
<22:44:38> You were banned permanently from the server by "[Flick] Flick" (Creeping the channel)
<22:44:38> Disconnected from server

#4 2015-08-25 06:30:18

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

I don't have time to play games with you Lone Wolf.  If you want to be in the channel and be a part of the conversation great, if you want to just sit in team speak and not join in the game conversation, then stay in the general chat channel, or go to the AFK channel or go to the color channel of the side you are playing on.  There's a reason you've been banned from Moongamers, ATF, etc. more than once. You are not a team player or a good sport. You are constantly accusing people of hacking and just being plain rude. I have in the past given you a hard time, but no more than you have given to me or anyone else for that matter. Again, I have no problem with you being in TS if you are going to use it for what it's meant. I believe PitViper told you the exact same thing and told you if you continued to do this he would ban you as well.

#5 2015-08-25 06:40:56

Czar_Alek
Serbia
Windows 8.1 Chrome 44.0

Hi Lonewolf,

Seems like you and Flick have a bit of history. I won't get in between this because I don't really know what has been happening.

Hope you two can figure out a solution that works for both of you.

Good luck. Hope to hear your biography because you kept on cutting off earlier.

Alek

#6 2015-08-25 06:42:33

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

I've not had any such conversation with PitViper (to my recollection?!) and you banned me while I was actively chatting with two other people. (a player can easily verify I was removed literally mid-sentence in a conversation with them) You have been harassing me for not chatting with you as you dictate. When you do not demand that from anyone else. I'm not playing games either, because I'm wasting time with your random absurd targeted power trips. I've been in TS all day multiple times. The only time there's been a problem is when? When you came on. I have no confidence in a fair or reasonable answer from you. I do not care to go back and forth with you further. I'll wait patiently for assistance from a senior admin, thanks.

(Thanks Alek, sorry for the drama. I didn't name other names because I don't want to drag other peeps into this mess. Perhaps another time.)

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-08-25 06:44:11)

#7 2015-08-25 07:10:36

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States
Windows Vista Internet Explorer 9.0

Flick,

Unban him. You have a history of enabling Icebags’ abusive behavior, so why is Lonewolf different?  He said Icebags is abusive, who can argue that he isn’t?

Favoritism is a questionable trait for an admin.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#8 2015-08-25 08:21:27

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

This has nothing to do with Icebag$ Reno.  LoneWolf knows exactly what I'm talking about. I did change his ban from permanent to 1 day. Like I said, he is welcome to join TS if that's what he wants to use it for, speaking. That's why it's called Team Speak, not Team Listen.  If not, then he is welcome to move himself to the afk channel or out of Team Speak all together. Otherwise there is no reason for him to be in Team Speak.

FotS

Last edited by FlickoftheSwitch (2015-08-25 08:33:39)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#9 2015-08-25 08:32:47

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States
Windows Vista Internet Explorer 9.0

Thanks for being reasonable,

Lone-wolf

You need to work your conflict out, Flick is being fair.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#10 2015-08-25 10:02:00

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

Oh dear Lone-wolf up to your old games again?

Soon it will be " I will not play you" and you know exactly what I am talking about don't you wolf smile

Sounds like the DAWG PWND all over again eh?

Last edited by (BB)DinkW (2015-08-25 10:11:34)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#11 2015-08-25 10:26:17

Viitapiru
Administrator
Finland
Windows 7 Chrome 44.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ3Pw8i0MzU

I find him very entertaining. He has been doing this to me for years big_smile

#12 2015-08-25 12:01:29

Jazzy
Administrator
Finland
Windows 8.1 Chrome 44.0

Viitapiru wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ3Pw8i0MzU

I find him very entertaining. He has been doing this to me for years big_smile

Legend. Unban!

#13 2015-08-25 18:50:40

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
iOS Safari 8.0

All of the extra folks with unrelated comments chiming-in aren't relevant to the issue here. I will not be directly responding to them further. The fact that there are players I won't play (because of their own history or tactics) or that I've had issues in other servers in my 12+ years of playing the game is immaterial. By that standard, Flick (who brought up those red herrings earlier) wouldn't be here either. The fact that this other junk was brought up is an open invite for a pile-on and a diversion from the core issue. It's a tool to discourage people from speaking up when they should.

I was banned after hours of use of TS. I was not banned for not speaking, and I can have someone verify that upon request. I can name three players that I spoke with throughout the day. And I was literally banned mid sentence with a player who could easily verify this. Flick's insistance that I was lurking is disingenuous at best. His problem is that I won't engage in conversation with him and Icebag$. Why would I? They have been directly insulting to me multiple times since I first tried out TS, including yesterday as they were discussing me with other players. At that point I was simply playing the game! What am I to do, interrupt them calling me names and ask them about the weather? I chose to block them due to their behavior, and have great chats with other more reasonable players. That should be my choice, I shouldn't be bullied into listening to them insult me and then be forced to converse with them as if nothing is happening... Or reply to their crazy insulting interrogations.

Reno are you the senior admin making a decision on this? If so I will gladly respect your decision, though I believe it doesn't fully consider what's been happening. If not, I will continue to wait for further assistance or for you to reconsider. I find it hard to imagine that team-simple would want admins banning people simply because they choose to not engage in distracting nasty arguments in TS.

This complaint is not about Icebag$, more about what I'm being forced to tolerate in TS by Flick and what freedom I have to chat or not with who I want - politely - and in good fun. I have absolutely not been lurking unless others were afk.

#14 2015-08-25 19:30:34

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

If I hurt your feelings for calling you LoneWolf McLame, than I apologize. It's really a comment on your style of game play more than anything. I don't expect you to have in depth conversations with me or anyone else in TS, but if your going to be in TS, if any admin wants to address you regarding something that's going on in game, it is not acceptable to mute them or ignore them. I will refrain from directing any personal comments or conversation towards you, unless it directly relates to the game itself.  You have the freedom to mute or ignore anyone else in TS, but it unacceptable to mute or ignore any admin, whether it be in TS or in game.  I believe going forward we can have an amicable relationship in both the game and on TS.

FotS

Last edited by FlickoftheSwitch (2015-08-25 19:36:27)

#15 2015-08-25 20:03:03

Maasika
Finland
Windows 8.1 Chrome 44.0

FlickoftheSwitch wrote:

If I hurt your feelings for calling you LoneWolf McLame, than I apologize. It's really a comment on your style of game play more than anything. I don't expect you to have in depth conversations with me or anyone else in TS, but if your going to be in TS, if any admin wants to address you regarding something that's going on in game, it is not acceptable to mute them or ignore them. I will refrain from directing any personal comments or conversation towards you, unless it directly relates to the game itself.  You have the freedom to mute or ignore anyone else in TS, but it unacceptable to mute or ignore any admin, whether it be in TS or in game.  I believe going forward we can have an amicable relationship in both the game and on TS.

FotS

That bold text is pure bullshit and as lame excuse. Ofc i can ignore or mute whoever i want. If  i break rules => admin warns and kicks and bans asop, he doesnt even have to know that he is on ignore, he goes by the book.

Or is there a minimum of words per round in TS or u get kicked?

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#16 2015-08-25 20:17:48

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 12.10240

agree with maasika you can talk to or ignore anyone in teamspeak its a public server

#17 2015-08-25 21:06:13

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

Maasika - Red Scorpion

Thanks for the input.

Well, if that's the case and it is a public server with no rules then so be it.  Is there a set of rules for the Team Speak server that I am unaware of, or are there no rules when it comes to TS? I don't believe that is the case either way, otherwise why would we have any Admin privileges  for TS. I will check it out, and if it truely is a public server where there are no rules, I will acquiesce.

FotS

#18 2015-08-25 21:28:04

Czar_Alek
Serbia
iOS Safari 8.0

Someone has to pay for the Team Speak server so I don't get what can be public about it.

Whomever pays the bills should decide what rules and regs they want.

#19 2015-08-25 22:20:06

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland
iOS Safari 8.0

I did not say no rules but if someone wishes not to speak to certain ones I don't see it a being a problem.
Alex server is paid for but its public smile and I agree they make the rules and admin only oversee them.i think common sense then prevails we don't all get along with each other.besides just follow rules that cover in game chat should suffice

Last edited by Red Scorpion (2015-08-25 22:24:16)

#20 2015-08-25 22:25:06

Czar_Alek
Serbia
Windows 8.1 Chrome 44.0

The thing is, you don't have the authority to decide if that is a problem or not. It might be a problem for you, but it may not be a problem for the people who run the server and they are the ones who can do something about it.

You can create your own teamspeak server and decide how it operates, or you can choose not to visit the Team Simple one if you don't like how it is being run, but Tuia and the mod team get to decide how the Team Simple Team Speak server is operated.

But you can try giving suggestions and see if they are interested.

#21 2015-08-25 22:33:07

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland
iOS Safari 8.0

Nah I stick to fra server don't want to listen to all you whinny Americans big_smile:D

#22 2015-08-25 22:33:30

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
iOS Safari 8.0

My understanding is the server can be both privately operated and also be a public server. The implication is that users would converse and behave based on norms of regular conversation. Typically public servers have a low threshold of management responsibilty and rules for a reason: It's a hassle to be the chat police (especially for volunteers) and you want the public to enjoy the experience and feel somewhat unrestricted. Imagine if you would, that it were a public square or park.  There are rules, but they are minimally invasive. In a public server, I should have the ability to reasonably avoid hostile conversations and confrontation as I would in any other public venue - at least until things cool off. Importantly, it's not in my interests to join chat just to block people (and that's not what happened here either.) I would rather focus on having fun and meeting people who want to be friendly in return. But I don't want our inability to get along to boil over into a huge disruption for others in TS. If I am forced to listen, as a captive to more insults, I would eventually do what any normal person would do - I'd respond. Instead, I tried to shut down the problem and create some space. I didn't want to give up on the experience of meeting and chatting with other Simple 1942 players altogether by leaving. It appeared to be working out until all of this unfolded yesterday.

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-08-25 22:35:20)

#23 2015-08-25 23:04:40

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Lonewolf lets be very clear about this.  Your history within this game is far from being immaterial, it is what other players of this game base their opinion of you on regardless of weather that is wrong or right you will have to live by your past actions.
You have been a troubled player for the 12 years you have been playing constantly calling hack when you are being simply out classed and your response to the skill level you have come up against is to shout "I will not play you".

You are far removed from being a team player or for that matter simply having fun playing the game and this has caused you to receive ban after ban and you know I speak the truth because I have banned you on more than one occasion.  Your perma ban from the now defunct Dawg Pwnd was because of these very reasons and you started to play up also on Planet Fun recently again and had to be warned to stop. 

Reading the in game chat in Simple USA server points to the fact your gaming behaviour not having changed what so ever in the 12 long years you have been playing and I personally saw you on Simple TS for two hours and you didn't say a word so you clearly do not wish to talk or make new friends.

#24 2015-08-25 23:16:11

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
iOS Safari 8.0

Dink the truth is that you're another person I just choose not to chat or associate with. You pretend you're friendly only long enough to take a back stab/shot at me. This really has nothing to do with you or your server etc at all. The issue here is simple - do I have the ability to avoid issues and choose who I chat with or not. I'm actually being criticized by you for NOT wanting to fight and argue. It's nearly laughable. I've taken the time to respectfully explain my rationalle as clearly as possible. Meanwhile, you've taken potshots from the sidelines on an issue that really doesn't even involve you, and certainly not to help resolve anything. There are certainly some folks on Simple 1942 that would speak up that I play hard to help them in game and like to have a good time. Your assumptions and accusations are biased and false. I just met a new friend in the last 48hrs in TS by.. chatting lol! Your opinions of me are limited to your ideas. What you're doing here, because you have no interest in the actualities of this issue, is targeting me. It's unfair, spiteful, and completely transparent. Please allow us to settle this specific issue and not drag every item on your list of complaints about me into it - that would likely take the rest of the year to resolve.

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-08-25 23:19:50)

#25 2015-08-25 23:27:14

moon'
Pariah
Website
Windows 8 Chrome 44.0

Red Scorpion wrote:

Nah I stick to fra server don't want to listen to all you whinny Americans big_smile:D

So you prefer to listen to whiny moon and yoda? = )

Last edited by moon' (2015-08-25 23:27:26)

#26 2015-08-25 23:46:30

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland

yea prefer the twins smile besides I can kick when I get bored smile

#27 2015-08-26 00:48:51

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

lonewolf-mcquade wrote:

Dink the truth is that you're another person I just choose not to chat or associate with. You pretend you're friendly only long enough to take a back stab/shot at me. This really has nothing to do with you or your server etc at all. The issue here is simple - do I have the ability to avoid issues and choose who I chat with or not. I'm actually being criticized by you for NOT wanting to fight and argue. It's nearly laughable. I've taken the time to respectfully explain my rationalle as clearly as possible. Meanwhile, you've taken potshots from the sidelines on an issue that really doesn't even involve you, and certainly not to help resolve anything. There are certainly some folks on Simple 1942 that would speak up that I play hard to help them in game and like to have a good time. Your assumptions and accusations are biased and false. I just met a new friend in the last 48hrs in TS by.. chatting lol! Your opinions of me are limited to your ideas. What you're doing here, because you have no interest in the actualities of this issue, is targeting me. It's unfair, spiteful, and completely transparent. Please allow us to settle this specific issue and not drag every item on your list of complaints about me into it - that would likely take the rest of the year to resolve.

Alas all of my comments are based in fact as you are well aware and if you do not wish to associate yourself with me what the hell are you doing on my server tonight?  Of course you didn't spawn in you simply sat there causing a team unbalance until one of the admins kicked you for that.  Just so we are all clear lets just give you an example of a comment made about you 5 years ago by another person that also plays on the simple servers and might even remember this:

In an effort to try to help keep you from getting bansticked again, here are a list of the things you will NOT want to do any longer.

"hmmm..."
suiciding to keep others from getting credit for killing you
suiciding and lying about TK
commenting on every death...we all die, suck it up
making hackusations
teamkilling or teamwounding
taunting others in ANY way

...and other admins may chime in here with more of the things you do to irritate the other players on the server.

And remember that you have made your own bed, and players are NOT going to like you overnight just because you're allowed to play again. They will hunt you, taunt you and do whatever they can to push your buttons; you are not to respond in any way.

You need to change your game persona. I doubt you will be successful, as so far you have acted the same on every server that we know of, but we will at least hope for a change.

Good luck.

Recognise any of your qualities and spirit of gameplay in that little lot or should I start digging out the log files from all of your visits.  Listen Lonewolf I don't pretend to be friendly I actually am friendly but I am also deeply passionate about this game and as far as I and many others are concerned you are trouble with a capital T.  Fed up of seeing all of your puerile rants in game chat and you have been the same for the 12 years I have seen you playing and the above bears witness to this and I think you can see that you are not being criticized for not wanting to fight and argue but in fact being criticized for being one of the worst kind of game disruptors out there.

Saw in my server a few weeks ago and we decided on TS to give you a chance so you were allowed to stay and play but it didn't last long did it?  Now I see you on Simple servers and you are still doing the same old shit and I don't think you will ever changed.
You say all of this has nothing to do with me, on that score you may be right, but I say to you that it is to do with every player that plays on this server to make sure that it remains one of the most popular servers out there and players like you don't feel that like the rest of us and I am more than happy to bring a lot more evidence of this if you or the admin team require it.

More than happy that you do not wish to associate with me also

good day Sir.

Last edited by (BB)DinkW (2015-08-26 00:50:37)

#28 2015-08-26 01:20:01

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

This is the typical Lone Wolf MO. So let me be clear about this. Since we have jumped to this subject. Here is a copy of the server rules Lone Wolf, see rule #5 ? - Please respect all players. Behavior only meant to disturb or upset players is forbidden.

The following list are the exact things that you do which Dink has posted and fall under this rule and will be handled per server protocol. Warn, Kick, Temporary Ban, Permanent Ban.

"hmmm..."
suiciding to keep others from getting credit for killing you
suiciding and lying about TK
commenting on every death...we all die, suck it up
making hackusations
teamkilling or teamwounding
taunting others in ANY way

-Attacking the enemy uncapturable main base (basecamping or basebombing) is not allowed. You must not snipe at the main base. You are not allowed to shoot at planes during take-off. All other vehicles must be given the opportunity to leave their base. Nevertheless, it's permitted to air strike at a fireing AA gun or a shooting artillery that’s inside the base.
- The previous basecamping/basebombing rule does not apply to Battle of Britain map and Capture the Flag (CTF) maps.
- Any form of cheating is prohibited and will result in a permanent ban.
- Pixel-shooting is strictly forbidden.
- Please respect all players. Behavior only meant to disturb or upset players is forbidden.
- Excessive swearing is not allowed.
- Offensive or blank player names are not allowed.
- Do not spam chat or radio commands.
- It is forbidden to use jeeps as a "taxi" to get to a plane or a tank faster.
- Do not insult our admins, please respect those that put time and effort into our server.
- Do not try to evade a ban, that will lead to a much longer ban.

Also, your TS ban has been lifted.  Welcome back to TS. : )

#29 2015-08-26 02:38:56

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
iOS Safari 8.0

I find it fascinating that a thread questioning Flick's clear abuse of admin in TS has now been redirected into a discussion about me that has nothing to do with the events in TS at all. So I come here, politely in good faith, to seek clarification of my leeway in TS, and you turn this into a referendum on me? on issues that had nothing to do with the TS incident? It's interesting that you use the thread hijack as a means to passively threaten me with kicks and bans. This is what you (and dink) wanted I imagine. Your threats and pile-ons from folks not involved will NOT deter me from asking for someone (without a bias) to please review this and assist. The facts about my complaint regarding TS are clear.  I'm respectfully asking for assistance on that issue from someone who can be both objective and mature about it. I have NO history HERE, and I'm asking for the same fair treatmentg that you'd give anyone else. Nothing more. Dink, Your attempts to stop from happening say much more about you than me.

Isn't it curious that these other issues by Flick and Dink weren't enough of a problem to issue to kick, ban, or create a single post about until I posted a clear legitimate abuse compaint on Flick? That's curious. Now **suddenly** Dink and Flick are determined to have a witch-hunt. In the meanwhile, I'm bumping this and disregarding anything not related to my complaint about the **isolated** abuse in TS that led me here. The FACT is that I have NOT been noteably kicked or banned for the above listed stuff. Oh an Dink, I did afk earlier by accident (not reallizing that I'd double clicked before coming to the forums.) Not everything is a sinister plot as you would like it to appear. The afk was just a simple goof. Must you really be so misleading and twist everything to your purposes? Please save your agenda and start another thread about those issues, which by and large, have NOT been in simple as I've enjoyed playing with various OTHER admin without issues. It's clear you two have laid the groundwork for your "complaints' in this thread - again, which weren't a noteable issue until I made a clear valid compaint about something unrelated - to become the pretext for all kinds of interesting activity in the future. I have no history here other than a valid complaint of abuse, and I'll be waiting for a response from somone that doesn't go off on a tangent of personal attacks or include thinly veiled threats. That behavior further validates my decision to not communicate with either of you casually. Oddly enough, I know from my chats with other admin in TS that there are plenty of other more reasonable admin in Team-Simple. I'll standby.

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-08-26 02:45:57)

#30 2015-08-26 02:58:57

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

There's is nothing more to standby for,  the TS issue is over. Your unbanned, and your welcome to come in to TS and do as you wish unmolested. I will no longer bother you about muting myself or anyone else. I have compromised, which works out for all involved, sorry for any inconvenience . As far as the issue of your game play in the server , if you would like me to start a new thread I will, but it will end up with the same conclusion. The rules for the server are clear, I'm just giving you a heads up. Make sure you pay close attention to rule #5 .  Again, if you do decide you would like another thread started, let me know. I will be happy to oblige you, or if you would like, you may start a new thread yourself, either way is fine by me.

Board footer