#91 2023-05-17 19:19:33

Black Mamba
Canada
iOS Safari 16.4

Re: SiMPLE is dying quickly now

Paul Baumer wrote:

Tuia has been running the servers for more than 10 years and I doubt anyone here has ever put as much effort in this whole thing as he did so we shall give that some damn respect. He also pays for all servers so he decides how to run them; you are welcome to criticize but if you do, try to propose something that can truly improve things instead of blaming servers owner. I actually think if everyone here did his part, this community and servers would have been doing great.

Yup. Maybe the time has come to create a donation system to keep the server running like with Moongamers.

Many positives could come out of such a system.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#92 2023-05-18 01:28:17

Alfred
At duty
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Despite being wednesday, it was quite full today, rotations ruin a little imo.
Screenshot-2023-05-17-18-18-00.png

The new: Wake CTF?, dunno if we need another mod, is enough with the El Al (again, just an opinion). We go from 60 players to 10 after couple maps and massive crash of axis in Midway.
Screenshot-2023-05-17-18-47-57.png

Last edited by Alfred (2023-05-18 01:29:00)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#93 2023-05-18 01:59:47

Blindschuetz
Truckdriver
Windows 10 Firefox 113.0

The Midway Axis crash appears every once in a while, half of the Japanese team getting disconnected.
Isn't there any clever guy who can fix this?
What makes me sad - after the crash almost none of the players of the American team cannot be arsed to switch to even the teams again.
The result: even more Axis players disconnect...

Wake being played as CTF is a pretty good idea. Interesting and challenging game, really.
Unfortunately, very few players were willing to give it a chance.
Come on guys, give it a go! It is definately worth it.

#94 2023-05-18 12:07:51

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Unknown Firefox 108.0

Serebro wrote:

As long as we dont have alternatives this bs will continue. Complaining doesn't work.

Just letting more people know about it. It only affects the infantry scene and most other players would never notice it. That in itself shows who is the target of it and apparently good infantry players are not wanted on simple. It's the era of expack placing and ship sailing now

#95 2023-05-19 00:28:23

Serebro
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Ok, what I observe recent few days:
Infantry - I played not much inf, but I feel like damage from bullets is decreased. THe other day I made like 6 hits with tommy gun at one guy and he was alive w/o medics nearby. Reg is usual.
Tanks - same as before pretty much.
Planes - really improved hit regs. Like 2-3 times more. Takes a second to kill a plane now.

#96 2023-05-19 14:39:32

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Unknown Firefox 108.0

Id like to see someone get their hands on tanks damage points as well. Planes seem to be modded too now
This is not bf42 anymore

#97 2023-05-20 17:23:13

MMO Interactive
Player
United States
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

We have a way of helping get the name out there but I can't find a current discord link to use. I own a gaming based radio/streaming station that would be more than happy to help advertise.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#98 2023-05-21 02:31:51

Black Mamba
Canada
iOS Safari 16.4

MMO Interactive wrote:

We have a way of helping get the name out there but I can't find a current discord link to use. I own a gaming based radio/streaming station that would be more than happy to help advertise.

Good idea, let’s see if anyone bites.

#99 2023-05-22 15:47:09

Deadly Squirrel
Player
Windows 7 Firefox 113.0

Hey, I'm still playing and having "fun" and I'm not miserable trying to play here. "Some" admins are worse then the trolls. This server is dying because...well... I'm not here. I play on smaller servers with admins doing there job. The only kicks I get is when I run to the kitchen because something burning on the stove and I forget I'm still in the game. On the servers I do play, I do not see the level of TKer's that are playing on Simple. Most of those trolls ruined Ax and ended up here. I was most likely banned for "insulting (cursing) "someone that identifies" as an admin but should have never been. Those same admins allow a troll to continue TK'ing and Base Raping and Team Wounding. I suddenly developed "Tourette Syndrom" because of trolls and useless admins. The troll remains in the game and I'm gone.

anyway, this is not a ban appeal... this is just a vent to say HEY, a few of your Admins (AINO Admins in name only) are in bed with the trolls).

Now... I'm going back to smaller servers that use bots and others with some really incredible CTF games. The bots are removed for those maps smile.

I'm sure whoever put the forever ban on me will enjoy "playing with themself" once this server empties.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#100 2023-05-22 16:34:50

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Deadly Squirrel wrote:

Hey, I'm still playing and having "fun" and I'm not miserable trying to play here. "Some" admins are worse then the trolls. This server is dying because...well... I'm not here. I play on smaller servers with admins doing there job. The only kicks I get is when I run to the kitchen because something burning on the stove and I forget I'm still in the game. On the servers I do play, I do not see the level of TKer's that are playing on Simple. Most of those trolls ruined Ax and ended up here. I was most likely banned for "insulting (cursing) "someone that identifies" as an admin but should have never been. Those same admins allow a troll to continue TK'ing and Base Raping and Team Wounding. I suddenly developed "Tourette Syndrom" because of trolls and useless admins. The troll remains in the game and I'm gone.

anyway, this is not a ban appeal... this is just a vent to say HEY, a few of your Admins (AINO Admins in name only) are in bed with the trolls).

Now... I'm going back to smaller servers that use bots and others with some really incredible CTF games. The bots are removed for those maps smile.

I'm sure whoever put the forever ban on me will enjoy "playing with themself" once this server empties.

Not enough fun trolling on Moon?

#101 2023-05-22 19:36:22

Deadly Squirrel
Player
Windows 7 Firefox 113.0

I got banned from moongamers also. For language that developed on this SERVER. That was what a TROLL did to me. DARCANO if you knew how naive 'you' are. My anger was not at the servers. I started spewing FU's to trolls constantly pissing me off to get a rise in their shorts while taking 90% of my health with team wounds, and TK's. I also spewed a few FU's  at  U S E L E S S   ADMINS that did NOTHING to stop the abuse that was coming from their best friends trolling the server. DARCANO...you are most likely one of those AINO (admins in name only) and probably a troll in sheeps clothing.  I'm baffled to why I am even responding to you. YOU ARE SAYING LET THE CESSPOOL SWIRL. I played to win whether axis or allied and players look for a good game which I try to provide. Never cheated and was finally "TROLLED" into taking action when no admin would do so. I say never TK'd meaning someone on purpose. I Tk'd some asshat that was tking me to interrupt their BS.

If the Ban came from you... don't forget to turn the lights out when this server is EMPTY. You are banning the wrong players. If you think I'm wrong then why is this post FOUR pages long if there isn't a problem with STUPID ADMINS that should relinquish their authority.

PS  BAN DARCANO smile

#102 2023-05-23 17:48:24

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

WTF Gametracker!
I think its relevant to this post.
Being an 'average' player little victories are important to me.
Gametracker having reset their statistics have regained a new vigour for some people to top the lists and why not?

Imagine my chagrin to realise my stats have been nullified by whatever...
Gametracker claims that I played for 3 1/2 hours scoring 0 when I actually played for 20 minutes yesterday scoring something dunno what.
Left abruptly due to hopeless stacking btw.

I was quite proud of my scoring ratio but that's f****d now.

I've noticed this before many times but always put it down to my VPN confusing things.
However I'm fortunate not to need it any more due to good connection for a month now.
It also happened to Test01 I've noticed but nobody else!

I guess its no big deal but I've found it discouraging.
Hope nobody else feels the same.
?

#103 2023-05-23 18:53:13

Cicero_01
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Ironfart wrote:

WTF Gametracker!
I think its relevant to this post.
Being an 'average' player little victories are important to me.
Gametracker having reset their statistics have regained a new vigour for some people to top the lists and why not?

Imagine my chagrin to realise my stats have been nullified by whatever...
Gametracker claims that I played for 3 1/2 hours scoring 0 when I actually played for 20 minutes yesterday scoring something dunno what.
Left abruptly due to hopeless stacking btw.

I was quite proud of my scoring ratio but that's f****d now.

I've noticed this before many times but always put it down to my VPN confusing things.
However I'm fortunate not to need it any more due to good connection for a month now.
It also happened to Test01 I've noticed but nobody else!

I guess its no big deal but I've found it discouraging.
Hope nobody else feels the same.
?

Since the Gametracker reset I have been trying to keep track of my scores. Days when I've had over 100 points, gametracker reports less than 50. I see it doing the same thing to others who I know had higher scores than I did. It definitely has problems, probably all along.

#104 2023-05-23 21:34:13

ziba128
Website
Android Opera 75.2

Cicero_01 wrote:

Since the Gametracker reset I have been trying to keep track of my scores. Days when I've had over 100 points, gametracker reports less than 50. I see it doing the same thing to others who I know had higher scores than I did. It definitely has problems, probably all along.

It counts kills only, just in case

#105 2023-05-24 19:03:23

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

ziba128 wrote:
Cicero_01 wrote:

Yeah he's right Cicero.
Eg. I scored 17 11 5  in about 20 mins last time I played.
So i should have got 11 points in 20. Ratio 0.55
However gametracker said 0 points in 210 mins!!??
This has had the effect of reducing my score ratio from 0.49 to 0.35 and my score didn't change.

I think what has happened is because I quit the game without disconnecting from the server.
I'd previously disconnected twice because my sound wasn't working...

When I tried to reconnect I got the 'CD-Key in use' label (twice) before it let me back in.
I think this is what cocked up the gametracker stats. My CD Key 'remained in use'. It doesn't account for my lost 11 points though!

So  the moral to the story is 'Don't quit while still connected to server. always disconnect from server if you want to preserve your stats and want your 'stopwatch' to stop and then quit the game.
Am I wrong?
PS.
Perhaps its a punishment for 'rage quitting' lol. Although I didn't rage quit I just quit the quick way.

Last edited by Ironfart (2023-05-24 19:23:47)

#106 2023-05-24 19:40:14

Cicero_01
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

I'll keep an eye on this when I play again. If it is only kills that it tracks, I'm screwed :-)

#107 2023-05-25 06:26:18

Yukikaze
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Ironfart wrote:
ziba128 wrote:
Cicero_01 wrote:

Yeah he's right Cicero.
Eg. I scored 17 11 5  in about 20 mins last time I played.
So i should have got 11 points in 20. Ratio 0.55
However gametracker said 0 points in 210 mins!!??
This has had the effect of reducing my score ratio from 0.49 to 0.35 and my score didn't change.

I think what has happened is because I quit the game without disconnecting from the server.
I'd previously disconnected twice because my sound wasn't working...

When I tried to reconnect I got the 'CD-Key in use' label (twice) before it let me back in.
I think this is what cocked up the gametracker stats. My CD Key 'remained in use'. It doesn't account for my lost 11 points though!

So  the moral to the story is 'Don't quit while still connected to server. always disconnect from server if you want to preserve your stats and want your 'stopwatch' to stop and then quit the game.
Am I wrong?
PS.
Perhaps its a punishment for 'rage quitting' lol. Although I didn't rage quit I just quit the quick way.

The problem of  gametracker's rank system is that it gets server information every few minutes.

It is easy to miss important information, such as a disconnection leading to the deletion of all kill data.
In addition, it only tracks kill data and is unable to differentiate player data based on maps or vehicles used.

The accurate ranking system can only be created using server-generated XML format game logs.

#108 2023-05-25 19:49:30

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Cicero_01 wrote:

I'll keep an eye on this when I play again. If it is only kills that it tracks, I'm screwed :-)

Unfortunately it encourages spawn camping!
If you got a point for taking a base it might be better but it doesn't and lets face it taking bases can be risky.
Ask Sepp.:)

#109 2023-05-25 20:56:23

Millerke
"Miller is the Key" - Member ]DDW[
Hungary
Website
Android Chrome 113.0

Scorewhores?
No, thx.

#110 2023-05-27 18:25:47

Cicero_01
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Score is misleading on Gametracker. It should be labeled, Kills then.    I'll continue to play for team victory. Kills or Captures I'll continue doing whichever I think helps my team the most. It might very well encourage spawn camping for some, though.

#111 2023-05-29 19:27:34

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Yeah try and play the team game Cicero!
Btw according to gametracker im currently playing in Tanks a LOt and have been for over an hour!!
WTF

#112 2023-05-29 21:20:29

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Having looked at gametracker forum I can see posts concerning 'floods of fake servers' and 'not functioning correctly recently'.
So I believe the stats are not to be trusted. ( I knew that!).
I don't wish to downgrade anyone else's achievements though.

I cant be the only person affected can I? It definitely happened to Test01 as well the other day.
Although a quick browse through a few players didn't show anything untoward.

BTW it is still reporting my presence in Tanks a Lot 3 hours after I left!?
I wonder how I'm getting on lol. Doubt I'll be scoring much seeing as I'm here.
Was actually only in for 5 minutes and got 1 kill! Just to see if it reports my kill eventually...
I played last night and it reported my stats correctly.

Hckrs? (They must be really bored lol)...or maybe just boring sad
I guess I put myself out there as a target with my posts? But why Test01? smile

The reset has been quite enlightening. I believe it has been like this for a while.
Still love the game though especially with my new found good connectivity.
Just have to delete my Gametracker bookmark ignore and move on.
Last post on this subject.
See you on the battlefield. ( if my CD Key is not in use lol.).

#113 2023-05-29 21:20:58

Millerke
"Miller is the Key" - Member ]DDW[
Hungary
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 113.0

SiMPLE | BF1942
battle of britain
27 vs 27

#114 2023-06-01 20:07:10

Cicero_01
United States
iOS Safari

I did check my scores for a few days after reading ironfarts kills only comment on gametracker and that appeared to be true.  I also  tried playing without using my “antifreeze” and my game hasn’t frozen either for a few days. Maybe it’s fixed?

If so that’s great but now I’ll be away from the game for a couple weeks and can’t test it again until I return from my 4th trip to Seattle. At least I will be able to return soon instead of the 2  periods of 8 weeks away last year. Withdrawal symptoms will minimized…

#115 2023-06-10 15:32:52

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

01.png
02.png
03.png
04.png

#116 2023-06-10 16:51:59

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

What happened in February 2022?

#117 2023-06-10 17:06:33

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

shhhh tuia :-) .... don’t give them clues ....

..... they should be able to figure it out on their own

Hint :   

The main reason for Simple's decline in population has got nothing to do with hit registrations, latencies, server quality.

So far, I’ve only seen me and the the Simple server founder come up with the correct answer - long time ago - but now even an average child should be able to guess it.

#118 2023-06-10 17:40:18

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 16.1

tuia wrote:

What happened in February 2022?

I’m back in game

#119 2023-06-10 17:53:19

henk
Administrator
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

You really think that the Russian invasion led to the decline??
hmmpf

#120 2023-06-10 18:00:59

henk
Administrator
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

concerning gametracker. There is an alternative which doesn't do full tracking yet:

DataField42

http://bf1942.eu/Server/194.88.105.25:23000

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

Board footer