#1 2022-03-23 17:16:48

Hillbillyninja
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 99.0

Change!

So everyone playing knows the truth- I was not asked if I wanted to be head admin or server moderator.
I just found out by my self yesterday when I looked in the forums.
And Admins are asking for changes and some even write (nothing will change)
So with this new poll the admins will be able to work together as a team to fix any situation they encounter.
There is already 1 player being voted on at this moment by the admin team.
So this is a fair warning (Let it be known) If you are misbehaving regularly in the server and will not mend your ways, this will happen to you as well:

Seems I have a lot of messages over night to look at today on here.
Going forward I would like to see this incorporated into the thought process of all the admins:
1st Be nice!
2nd tell an unruly difficult to deal with player -Be nice or Be Gone!
3rd take out the trash!
Repeat offenders and long time players need no warnings.
If you are uncomfortable banning some one and they need banned PM me, or make a poll in this admin section and leave it up for 1 week and all the admins can vote - it will be a group decision and then we can reply to the individual that gets banned it was a group admin decision: like the 1 above for example;
Its time the Admin community decides the fate of this  individual that  has made  trouble for this community  in the forums and on the server. So I am in-acting this poll, If they lose its a month ban the 1st time, If they continue to get complaints from many members and get voted a loss the 2nd time its 3 months and the 3rd time it will be permanent.
I will not be voting myself unless its a tie, then I will decide. Also this is a Vote only thread - Vote once and leave. Thank you in advance for understanding
I hope this will make things better for us all.

Hilly

Positive reputation 16   Negative reputation 0

#2 2022-03-23 18:23:47

Ferd Grapperhaus
Administrator
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 99.0

Re: Change!

Thanks for this Hilly!

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#3 2022-03-23 22:56:12

Casca
Grand Inquisitor
Sweden
Windows 10 Chrome 99.0

The server needs some change so this is good - good luck man!

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#4 2022-03-26 09:10:55

Gorr
Administrator
Sweden
OS X Safari 15.3

Nice Hilly. Welcome as the new sheriff smile

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#5 2022-03-29 16:53:55

Hillbillyninja
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 99.0

It has now been 7 days and the poll has ended for 000.
The admins have reached a decision.
It will be a 1 month ban, as described above.
The majority rules.
I did not vote myself in this poll.
Like I said I will only vote in case of a tie.

https://ibb.co/QryrcGq

#6 2022-03-29 18:51:06

momzrule
Administrator
OS X Chrome 98.0

Thanks HB

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#7 2022-03-30 10:07:05

hoosier_daddy
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 99.0

Great to see someone with a bit of sense taking the reigns smile

"There is already 1 player being voted on at this moment by the admin team."

"So this is a fair warning (Let it be known) If you are misbehaving regularly in the server and will not mend your ways, this will happen to you as well:"

"So with this new poll the admins will be able to work together as a team to fix any situation they encounter."

I thought this thread was about merlin as it describes him to the point. He has been disruptive rude team wounder/killer language rage etc. i could go on. he's been banned multiple times yet still causes friction on server and forum yet no poll on him?

Last edited by hoosier_daddy (2022-03-30 10:07:26)

#8 2022-03-30 20:13:04

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 99.0

hoosier_daddy wrote:

Great to see someone with a bit of sense taking the reigns smile

"There is already 1 player being voted on at this moment by the admin team."

"So this is a fair warning (Let it be known) If you are misbehaving regularly in the server and will not mend your ways, this will happen to you as well:"

"So with this new poll the admins will be able to work together as a team to fix any situation they encounter."

I thought this thread was about merlin as it describes him to the point. He has been disruptive rude team wounder/killer language rage etc. i could go on. he's been banned multiple times yet still causes friction on server and forum yet no poll on him?

They are waiting for his next delirium, than they can make a poll from his past and present behviour.

#9 2022-03-31 01:42:48

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 99.0

And you two can kiss my a**, im quite sane, generally well liked and appreciated by comparison to 000

#10 2022-03-31 10:47:33

Kevin
Player
Republic of the Congo
Windows 7 Firefox 98.0

im witchu merlin

#11 2022-03-31 11:42:13

jorgen
fishing
Norway
Website
Unknown Firefox 89.0

And merlin actually have friends in this comunity

#12 2022-03-31 14:29:42

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 98.0

Well, I just played a round with this particular person and this is how it went.
EL AL  CTF :
Merlin having a 'discussion' with Ferd:
Merlin-being-nice-1.jpg

As per usual all 'nice and civilised' from a person claiming great intelligence:
Merlin-being-nice-2.jpg

How he talks to me when I shoot him down:
Merlin-being-nice-3.jpg

When others warn him about his behaviour:
Merlin-being-nice-4.jpg

Again,what he replies after killing him:
Merlin-being-nice-5.jpg

More general 'niceties' from this highly evolved organism:
Merlin-being-nice-6.jpg

Can somebody explain to me why this is still a problem on this server with just this player?
Exceptions for Merlin?Comic relief?The town fool?Court Jester?Feeling sorry for him?

Flasche stating that simple wouldnt be simple without him underlines the problem for me even more.
Seen as nothing seems to alter his insultive tendencies I indeed propose the next vote is for    MERLIN!

Others get booted for far less than what he pulls!

CHANGE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UAF8ISSAdw

#13 2022-03-31 14:36:41

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Ferd here can be seen making mimicking names which is considered to be a form of harassment and therefore forbidden

This whole thing began when as often per usual Ferd makes a personal point of singling me out, and camping only me
just to be a jerk for its own sake, to a specific person, yes I take that seriously

Because I only try to kill everyone mainly, not pick on people as individuals in camp kills repeatedly like say to ferd, he does not appreciate this clemency and difference, rather he shits on it, that offends me when he makes it personal and ruins several spawns on an ideal map, then does or tries to again

Ace rimmer also in combined efforts with ferd camping me, yet always loosing in even fights, and some where he still has the advantage, then bragging when he strafes me, "scumbag" was my retort after countering an attack he made with fighter with my own plane, because thats how he was acting in gameplay toward again, me quite specifically, and that I outflew him, beat him with brains, honor and class

I was mad about unreasonable camping targeting which I yes, became profane, but its those two, others who began making personal, character demeaning remarks about ones life, status outside of Battlefield.

Last edited by Zatoichi (2022-03-31 14:39:12)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#14 2022-03-31 15:40:29

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 98.0

Many excuses again.....
And you are completely twisting the story as per usual.
To no avail....
I was Ace Rimmer....
Just one kill against you and you starting your insult tirade....
Seems it's all ok as long as YOU can do the spawncamping right?

I request admins to check chat log of EL AL CTF today between 14h and 15h approx and see how it went down...

I still propose that vote against you!

Last edited by Dr.ZoidbergCLAW (2022-03-31 16:05:13)

#15 2022-03-31 16:43:11

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 98.0

Vertigo wrote:
Dr.ZoidbergCLAW wrote:

Can somebody explain to me why this is still a problem on this server with just this player?
Exceptions for Merlin?Comic relief?The town fool?Court Jester?Feeling sorry for him?

Zoidy, you were recently trash talking 000 for half of a map, then the next map loads,
you shoot down MerliN so he replies with "coward".  You then call of his immediate ban,
followed by derogatory comments at the admins.  That all seems okay there?

Oh yes ,I took some pics in that round!
I thought it might come in handy!
He didnt only use 'coward" sadly...if only it were that...
And I didnt request a ban,I requested you to kick him for his language.
But you didn't.
Admins and players are seemingly allowed to call each other retards....those are your words in the screenshot......
All cool   right.....

CHANGE!

Seven1.jpg

seven2.jpg

seven3.jpg

seven4-upset.jpg

seven5.jpg

seven6.jpg

#16 2022-03-31 17:04:25

Vietnamese
Banned
Vietnam
Ubuntu Firefox 98.0

"If you go fishing, prepare your ass to get wet."

--Vietnamese Proverb

If you guys had specifically targeted Merlin, you should have prepared yourselves for an overreaction. And that's exactly what you did of course ; )

I don't think this is the right topic about the Merlin issues but since there is an ongoing discussion here...

If i were you, Merlin, i would be proud of myself when a group of players try to kill not everyone, but just me. That means i am the "big ..." here.

"Only the trees that bear fruit are stoned!"

--Another Vietnamese Proverb

And if i were you guys, i would be just amused when Merlin responded with those "all two word" curses. That means "mission accomplished! Merlin got mad." But I wouldn't report him here, noway...

The problem about Merlin is that he is a real selfish player. He acts like he is playing with bots, not with real people. He doesn't respect to others. And he should get kicked every time he insults or false-reports or delib tks. I mean every time. Players may ignore him but admins shouldn't do that. Those rules are for everyone.

Simple without Merlin wouldn't be the same. I agree. Everybody asks about him when he is not online, even for a day. He is the number one chat topic : )

That's because i say he should get kicked a lot. That's a good, effective punishment for him. But a one month ban? Come on guys! Look at this list:

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info … =50#search

You see the players with at least 500 hours of gameplay? Those are the ones who keep this server/community alive. None of them should be banned more than a couple of days (if they don't cheat ofc). A kick or even "a simple warning" is (should be) a humiliating act for those regular players. Just try it. Warn more, kick more. See how they react. (Go search for the topics that 000 or test01 opened when they are kicked only for a second.)

And please keep this in mind that: If the "number one player" on the list with thousands of hours of gameplay deserves a "one month ban" that can't be only his fault. That's also the fault of the ones who should have kept him in the line, much earlier!

Besides, i never saw Merlin bothering specific players. As he said, his war is with everyone : D When he b*tches about me i say "shut up Merlin!" and he shuts up, immediately. Simple and effective : )

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#17 2022-03-31 17:35:16

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 98.0

No,I did not 'target' him specifically.
He just invents that in his head.
It is instead him that tried doing that and then typing silly remarks .
I was just defending my flag  mostly.
Ask FOX and the BMC guys that were there...(I tk ed flasche in allied base   sorry again dude!)
And yes,he should be kicked with every insultive thing that he types.
Like shock treatment ....

#18 2022-03-31 18:11:27

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 99.0

From now on i ban all who are negatively involved in those conversations at least 15 minutes.

All involved players!

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#19 2022-03-31 19:42:49

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 99.0

Zatoichi wrote:

And you two can kiss my ass, im quite sane, generally well liked and appreciated by comparison to 000

Am I one of the 2 that you are talking about? You want me to kiss your ass Merlin ?

I was only saying that next poll should be done only if you get ban in futur for same behavior and that goes for any players put in polls. It would be stupid to do it before .

Now that 000 exemple shows that they are not joking about it and disruptive players days are done !  Up to them if they dont want a poll against them.

#20 2022-03-31 23:37:39

mediocre!
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 99.0

"Yes, there should be a poll for MerliN, and to be fair, for many others who constantly
troll others for the sake of drama (the "constantly" is not directed at you Zoidy)."

I think some caution should be exercised with this new direction. Love them or hate them - or find them extremely annoying - players like 000 and Merlin give this game colour. If we ban all the 'characters' from the server, the game will be boring as hell.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#21 2022-03-31 23:44:31

Meow
Player
France
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Nice initiative, Kentucky Bourbon Drinker friend ; but I don't think it'll change a lot.

I see 000 being banned 1 week for forum statements (freedom of speech, he's usually silent ingame and globally respect rules)
But when someone reports real proofs against a player (like Zoidberg did upper), that is not taken in account. Because some babysitters suddenly show up and justify bs...

I just would like to ask them where I can buy "excuses" like the ones they give to merlin so that I can behave like an asshole all the time on the server. Can I buy this with bitcoins ?

And just asking, but will I get 3 months ban for just saying what I just said ?
I know that for saying this ingame, certain admins would give me arbitrarily a good 15 mins....

Last edited by Meow (2022-04-01 00:02:56)

#22 2022-04-01 00:06:12

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 67.1

Vietnamese wrote:

You see the players with at least 500 hours of gameplay? Those are the ones who keep this server/community alive. None of them should be banned more than a couple of days (if they don't cheat ofc). A kick or even "a simple warning" is (should be) a humiliating act for those regular players. Just try it. Warn more, kick more. See how they react. (Go search for the topics that 000 or test01 opened when they are kicked only for a second.)

Spending all day every day playing a game doesn't make them more important than anyone else.

A warn, kick, or a short ban doesn't humiliate most players, including regular ones. Many players who get rightfully banned just bitch in the forum or they play nice when they come back for a few days and then go back to their usual ways.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#23 2022-04-01 02:19:50

Vietnamese
Banned
Vietnam
Ubuntu Firefox 98.0

Sunshine wrote:
Vietnamese wrote:

Spending all day every day playing a game doesn't make them more important than anyone else.

A warn, kick, or a short ban doesn't humiliate most players, including regular ones. Many players who get rightfully banned just bitch in the forum or they play nice when they come back for a few days and then go back to their usual ways.

I didn't say they are more important than anyone else, my dear. Of course they are not. In fact i like newbies more. I always help them, motivate them, try to make them also regular players. If the situation is about "obeying/not obeying the rules" yeah, all the players are the same and should be treated as the same. On the other hand, of course those regular players are more important than everyone. They are the game itself. We mainly enter to the server to play with those regular players. Remove the first 20 regulars from here and there will be nothing left. No daily players=no server.

But, perhaps, i might have misexpressed my opinion on my previous post. Let me explain more clear:

A regular player is a regular because he feels comfortable here. That means he understands, accepts, and obeys the rules, respects the others. If you kick this guy of course he gonna feel humiliated. He gonna feel like an idiot peeing on the carpet. That's the reason why i said don't show any mercy for regulars, just kick them. I didn't say "they're important, spare them." I said just make them feel like a guilty kid. Embarrass them.

"Many players who get rightfully banned just bitch in the forum or they play nice when they come back for a few days and then go back to their usual ways."

If a regular asshole keeps being an asshole then he shouldn't have been a regular player in the first place. That means most of the admins had tolerated him every time and he had been able to play on the server for thousands of hours.

And it looks like this topic is exactly about that "tolerating" issue. Hilly makes a statement above: "The system has been changed and no one will be spared anymore."

Anymore... That's good, that is the change. Just auferte malum ex vobis!

Anyway, my point is: You guys look real serious about banning Merlin for a month. People are celebrating, clapping their hands already. Yeah i hate him too but i don't think there should be a vote about him before slapping him in the ass real hard. Which should have been done a lot before!

This is the second time i advocate Merlin. Hehe

#24 2022-04-01 02:21:23

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Yah, I actually accept 15 min bans, lang kicks without argument, its other stuff, controlling admin personal bias, or that im being harassed first to begin with, even if it isnt in lang, then in gameplay, and what I consider unreasonably alleged disruption, but not a fuss about it, its players I beef with, not admins, and Sun you should heed this more because they're right, people like me as is despite my abrasiveness because they understand I have depth, drive and insight, skills to be learned just by watching me, the long odds I face from targeted attacks, my high ping yet managing first place, high scores like other low pingers, that's something of an exclusive club after all, an overall more likeable layer beneath my bubbling cauldron exterior
And I have principles, that I do best to not compromise, that people see others break regularly while I do not.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#25 2022-04-01 02:52:39

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 98.0

Sorry been away for a bit. Its that moving thingy. NICE to see a new change and I believe it is welcome. Hope I see right and folks agree as well. High 5s ya Hilly and to ALL the admins that work so hard, as always, DRINKS on me!!!
Hope to be around more and in the next month or so, should be finalized in the new home. If not I might go mad.......................

#26 2022-04-09 22:22:16

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Vietnamese wrote:

From my experience of many years of administration and moderation of BF1942 servers and forums, trying to keep the community alive in my country (which inevitably disappeared despite my efforts) I can only applaud what you just said.

This guy just needs to be put on track, he enjoys the game like everyone else and is part of it, and I'm not justifying his "abusive ways", he needs to be put the limits and if he can't change his attitude in any case he will be the one who is crying out to leave this game.

#27 2022-04-09 23:38:06

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 100.0

S.E.L.F wrote:
Vietnamese wrote:

From my experience of many years of administration and moderation of BF1942 servers and forums, trying to keep the community alive in my country (which inevitably disappeared despite my efforts) I can only applaud what you just said.

This guy just needs to be put on track, he enjoys the game like everyone else and is part of it, and I'm not justifying his "abusive ways", he needs to be put the limits and if he can't change his attitude in any case he will be the one who is crying out to leave this game.

The limits was reached and no one that plays 500 hours of gameplay wont change for the good of server ?  If I play 1000 hours and I get so many complaints about me but keep on doing again and again thats means I only think about my self and f**k the rest !!

PS: They got ban many times in the pass and still doing it, these days are over.

Last edited by Dakota (2022-04-10 00:16:13)

#28 2022-04-10 02:22:15

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Dakota wrote:
S.E.L.F wrote:
Vietnamese wrote:

The limits was reached and no one that plays 500 hours of gameplay wont change for the good of server ?  If I play 1000 hours and I get so many complaints about me but keep on doing again and again thats means I only think about my self and f**k the rest !!

PS: They got ban many times in the pass and still doing it, these days are over.

I want you to understand that I am not defending him, not at all, he has insulted me as do several players here every day but I never respond to aggressions. The difference is that here in "simple" if one knows where to claim justice at some point appears.

And about this guy, there is no need to give him a month ban, he has already been exposed in front of the whole community, I would let him come back much earlier, but if he decides to do the same thing he always does (insulting, trolling and saying barbarities of the administration) the next time he will be banned from the forum and the game.

That everything depends exclusively on him. The opportunity is being given to him, and if there is a "last" one, let it be in his hands.

#29 2022-04-19 20:59:04

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

Hillbillyninja wrote:

It has now been 7 days and the poll has ended for 000.
The admins have reached a decision.
It will be a 1 month ban, as described above.

my ban was lifted today ....  9 days early of 30

i must say that i had great amusement and joy from alternate ways of entertainment in those 21 days

cyall in my reticle

#30 2022-04-19 23:26:01

Maj-ID10T
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Well, without any posting of thanks, or remorse..... I don't things changing anytime soon...good luck.

Board footer