#1 2022-01-30 01:32:49

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

RTR+SW maps in main SiMPLE

I’m curious a certain percentage ....

And that is

How many % of the visitors in the main Simple server have the Road to Rome and Secret Weapons expansions installed on their PCs.

My guess is 45-75%

How about running RTR/SW maps in the main server at least once .... The uppermost manager of Simple has likely thought of this before, but I don’t think it has been attempted.

Population is currently high, RTR/SW could be set for like 1-2 hours in a weekend in primetime, just once as a test, to see how it fares.

Try RTR+SW maps in main SiMPLE server as a unique event?

1. Yes
  2. No
Total votes: 18

Results of poll are hidden from guests

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 2

#2 2022-01-30 05:27:56

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 97.0

Re: RTR+SW maps in main SiMPLE

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

I’m curious a certain percentage ....

And that is

How many % of the visitors in the main Simple server have the Road to Rome and Secret Weapons expansions installed on their PCs.

My guess is 45-75%

How about running RTR/SW maps in the main server at least once .... The uppermost manager of Simple has likely thought of this before, but I don’t think it has been attempted.

Population is currently high, RTR/SW could be set for like 1-2 hours in a weekend in primetime, just once as a test, to see how it fares.

No it's not 45-75% you dumb f*ck. 10 % of SiMPLE players know about the expansions at most and if you were paying attention you would know that the SiMPLE RTR + SW server is nearly dead and uses bots to attract players.

It hasn't been attempted because then all players would have to download the expansions to play on the server. And then the people that don't visit the forums wouldnt know what to do when they get the "Maps not found" error.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 4

#3 2022-01-30 10:17:23

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

You're the one who's deeply ********, if you think that only 10% of the Simple population has RTR/SW installed. Why are your estimates always way off, and why are you generally so intellectually deprived and just plain dumb?

Like said, I believe it's close to 50%, If that's correct, then it will result in around 40-50 players, on a February Sunday around 20:00 CET when player numbers peak. That would be pretty good. Remember, it could be a one-time experiment.

You shouldn't insult me, and you should stop acting like you're the Godfather of BF1942; some all-knowing authority that is right about everything. You’re wrong a lot. It's good that you're not the founder of this server, you would mess up and ruin many things.

I suggested 96 slots. Most of these ultra-conservative cave-forum dwellers disliked it and said it was a bad idea, but it was set. Same with Stali/Berlin TDM. Same with my modding suggestions. Contrary to you, there’s one person in here who’s smart enough to listen and to facilitate what’s best for the majority and B42.

Black Mamba wrote:

No it's not 45-75% you dumb f*ck

It hasn't been attempted

FAIL !  FAIL !    .... Black Mamba you little stupid degenerate

RTR/SW in the main server has been set by tuia before, and for the entire day:

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2097
https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2127
https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2131

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 3

#4 2022-01-30 11:44:54

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 96.0

Hey King Nothing;  if all yur advice is so 'right' why isn't YOUR server running anymore then?

Also ,I laughed at your remarks 'You shouldn't insult me' ,as many have fun pms of you ,remember?

We can't all have an admin d**k in our mouth ey  wink

....and you seem to be so busy sucking on it .......and it's why you are still here....coz all the shit you pulled has absolutely earned you a ban in my  eyes.

If Merlin is being kept on the server to make fun of him then you must be kept here to aggravate people...

I'm still waiting for that balsy admin that finally bans you and it DOESN'T get made undone by another weakpants admin.

Now close yur eyes and dream of a lollypop....

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 3

#5 2022-01-30 13:00:31

jorgen
fishing
Norway
Website
Unknown Firefox 89.0

Good idea

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#6 2022-01-30 13:03:22

JordyG1
Player
Belgium
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 97.0

*get the popcorn*

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#7 2022-01-30 19:01:31

TheVicar
Player
England
Website
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

It would cause mass panic in those that didn't know why they couldn't connect to the main game anymore, and they'd rush out and start buying toilet paper again.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#8 2022-01-31 18:51:02

Paul Baumer
straight outta options
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 83.0

Hey 000, If Tuia listens to you so much can you please ask him to reset the bots on RtR+SW server? When we admins asked him it never got us anywhere. Why asking for single events on main server if there is a dedicated server to RtR+SW? Or you wanna kill it completely so nobody plays there but the bots?
If bots will get fixed it will be enjoyable and fun. You are welcome there anytime 000 - if you follow the rules ofc

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#9 2022-02-01 03:14:53

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 97.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

Why are your estimates always way off, and why are you generally so intellectually deprived and just plain dumb?

They're not way off, they are pretty accurate. There is no way up to 75% of SiMPLE regulars have the expansions installed. You're the one pulling numbers out of your ass; my estimate is a conservative one but much closer to reality.

If you want proof, look at the activity level of the SW + RTR server. If anyone on this forum knows about this server, it's Paul.

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

Like said, I believe it's close to 50%, If that's correct, then it will result in around 40-50 players, on a February Sunday around 20:00 CET when player numbers peak. That would be pretty good. Remember, it could be a one-time experiment.

Wrong, it won't. What will happen will be mass disconnects as the vast majority of the SiMPLE clientele (people that don't visit the forums or have the technical knowledge to download the expansions), gets the ''Maps not found'' error and starts to panic.

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

You shouldn't insult me, and you should stop acting like you're the Godfather of BF1942; some all-knowing authority that is right about everything. You’re wrong a lot. It's good that you're not the founder of this server, you would mess up and ruin many things.

I don't claim to be right about everything, but I would say that most of my statements are pretty accurate most of the time, unlike you. If I was the founder, the first thing I would do would be to permaban you from the forums, so we can be spared from your stupidity.

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

I suggested 96 slots. Most of these ultra-conservative cave-forum dwellers disliked it and said it was a bad idea, but it was set. Same with Stali/Berlin TDM. Same with my modding suggestions. Contrary to you, there’s one person in here who’s smart enough to listen and to facilitate what’s best for the majority and B42.

You don't facilitate anything, all you do is ramble and spam every topic with your unrealistic ideas. To compensate for having lost your TTB server, you try to influence the owner of SiMPLE as much as possible so that he can run HIS server the way you want it. You should make your own server with YOUR own server-side mods, instead of harassing its owner.

Last edited by Black Mamba (2022-02-01 03:24:48)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#10 2022-02-02 02:06:23

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

look .... black mamba aka the foolish eel .... you have no idea what youre talking about, completely disconnected from reality:

"more than 40"  and "56 players" in rtr/sw maps in main simple, and that was back in 2013-14 when simple had fewer players than now

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 512#p45512
https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 123#p46123

and moongamers also ran rtr/sw maps in main server at sundays and peaked around 40-50 players for that

it all points to a current main simple rtr/sw client percentage at around 60% ... i wouldnt be surprised if it turned out to be 70 or 80%

that "10 % of SiMPLE players know about the expansions at most" remark is some of the nuttiest youve ever said

i could dig up more half-witted quotes from you, but youre not worth it

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 3

#11 2022-02-02 19:13:21

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 97.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

look .... black mamba aka the foolish eel .... you have no idea what youre talking about, completely disconnected from reality:

"more than 40"  and "56 players" in rtr/sw maps in main simple, and that was back in 2013-14 when simple had fewer players than now

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 512#p45512
https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 123#p46123

and moongamers also ran rtr/sw maps in main server at sundays and peaked around 40-50 players for that

it all points to a current main simple rtr/sw client percentage at around 60% ... i wouldnt be surprised if it turned out to be 70 or 80%

that "10 % of SiMPLE players know about the expansions at most" remark is some of the nuttiest youve ever said

i could dig up more half-witted quotes from you, but youre not worth it

You are mentally slow.

I know what I'm talking about, and unlike you I don't cherry pick facts to support my ideas. For example, in that first link you posted, tuia mentions that 40 players were on the server during the Cassino map. You are conveniently ignoring the comments of users like Denny, Nosferatu, Flettnerman and Timmos, claiming that one map might have had a lot of players, but the rest of the maps had very low population numbers. Having a ''high'' population on one expansion map is not enough to support your claim.

And if the events were such a ''success'', why weren't they repeated after the first two events?

So, again, you're wrong. You cannot make your assumptions based on the results of two events.

You don't even play in Moongamers, so clearly, you don't know what you are talking about. The population drop from vanilla maps to expansion maps on Sunday afternoon is significant, often dropping by 50 % of the population on vanilla maps. So 50 % of the players leave after the transition, and the server ends up with 30 players, but not in all expansion maps, only the most popular. Plus, they must use bots to sustain population. Moongamers has implemented this system for years, and it works because the vast majority of MG players are registered to the forums, where the announcements are made. Still, they struggle to not have a big population drop during the transition.

This is unlike SiMPLE where a significant portion of players - even more so after the migration of aX players to SiMPLE after the death of that server - most likely do not have the expansions (the players that aren't on the forums that is).

Also, please explain to me why the SW + RTR server is currently almost dead. It fails to have more than 10-15 players, and these players also play on the main SiMPLE server. Simple math, which is too advanced for you: 10 SW + RTR players / 96 players on main SiMPLE when it is full = less than 10 % of the player base with expansions at peak hours.

If you want to experiment, feel free to make your own server and run expansions there. You can watch it crash and burn after a few months since you don't know how to manage anything.

Last edited by Black Mamba (2022-02-02 19:24:24)

#12 2022-02-02 20:21:59

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

im not wasting more time on u in this thread ... ive got no time for airheads who dont know the answer to 2+2

apparently ur just too dull to realize how main simple could get 50+ players for rtr+sw, weekends in primetime

i want you to keep calculating many hours each day from now and months ahead how many players it could be, then after hundred hours conclude that itll be 11 players at most, then be shocked and embarrassed by the high numbers, if rtrsw ever gets put on

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 3

#13 2022-02-02 21:02:31

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 97.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

im not wasting more time on u in this thread ... ive got no time for airheads who dont know the answer to 2+2

That's what you usually say when you lost an argument.

The real question you should ask yourself with this thread, is why you would want to split the users of SiMPLE between players that don't have the expansions and the minority of players that do?

All that will accomplish is drive players away from the server. Some might not come back because of the hassle that comes with installing the expansions. Which by the way are not free to distribute as was the case with BF1942 on Origin, technically speaking. This is why tuia pulled down the links to download the expansions from the forums, in case you haven't paid attention (which you never do).

SiMPLE has been getting solid numbers as of late, it isn't the time to make stupid decisions, especially this late into the life cycle of BF1942. Let the players that want to play the expansions play on the SW + RTR server. There are already efforts behind the scene to try to make that server more active; Paul Baumer in particular has done incredible work to try and promote the server by creating events.

We should concentrate on consolidating the big numbers SiMPLE has received recently, instead of investing time on fantasies.

Last edited by Black Mamba (2022-02-02 21:03:58)

#14 2022-02-02 21:18:27

s/w
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 97.0

Apparently, the concept of logic is entirely absent in 000.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#15 2022-02-04 21:00:10

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

If moving the SiMPLE servers to a new IP/location is possible, like it’s been done 3-4 times over a decade, and the population has almost fully regenerated, then it shows that even the most inexperienced BF1942 newcomers eventually will learn basic technicalities, and find a way to play in SiMPLE.

I think the same would be true if RTR/SW was set in main SiMPLE, like every Saturday or Sunday for x amount of time. The numbers would eventually rise.

As an added bonus, all those who dislike more than 60 slots will get low player numbers.

Making a RTR/SW test now, is a perfect time, since it’s high population season, and aX is no longer active.

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 1

#16 2022-02-05 12:02:25

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 96.0

The ONLY reason you want more players is so you can get higher killscores and insult them to feel superior.

Nothing of what you claim holds ANY thruth......

You have proven that with the post you removed in 'High scores"

Chickenshit Egotripper smile

Last edited by Dr.ZoidbergCLAW (2022-02-05 12:05:37)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#17 2022-02-09 05:18:55

{Phantom}
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 98.0

Threw expansion maps in rotation on Schindler's List main server on occasion and usually 75% had the expansion packs installed. It would be the same percentage now considering most get their version of 1942 free from the internet which is already including the expansions.

Last edited by {Phantom} (2022-02-09 05:19:14)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

Board footer