#1 2022-10-01 14:08:27

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

The Berlin TDM main base problem

The Berlin Team DeathMatch uncapturable base zones need to be debated.

There’s some confusion and ignorance amongst Simple admins and players regarding this area.

Players risk getting kicked and banned in Berlin TDM, even if they aren’t breaking rules, because most admins don’t exactly know where those imaginary boundaries are.

Movements and shots are perceived as allowed by one admin and disallowed/kick/ban reason by another.

... That’s unacceptable ...

Actually, it’s not even certain that the Simple server founder wants main base attacks to be disallowed.

- All 21 Conquest maps in Simple have modded in deathbubbles, and main base attacks are disallowed.
- All Capture The Flag maps in Simple have no deathbubbles, and main base attacks are allowed.
- All TDM maps in Simple have no modded in deathbubbles. Maybe Tuia intended main base attack to be allowed in TDM.

Senhor T, podemos sua opinião sobre isso?

In case main base attack in Berlin TDM indeed is intended to be disallowed, at least three things need to be clarified with accuracy:

1) How close to the enemy main base are players allowed to move?
2) How far into, or near the enemy main base are players allowed to shoot?
3) Is shooting at inactive / newly spawned players inside enemy main base allowed?

Berlin TDM allied and axis main bases (ignore the tanks):
01.png
02.png

My take on this Berlin TDM deal:

Moving into, and shooting inside enemy main base should of course, and definitely be allowed, just as in CTF. This is not conquest, it’s Team DeathMatch and maybe intended by the original BF1942 creators to be more hardcore and action-packed than CQ.

When one team has lost both flags in Berlin TDM, the overall fighting slows down, and it’s not unusual to see half of that team hide and be virtually inactive in their main. The enemy team then has to wait too outside, lower the pace, and fight for the few escaping scraps.

The daily map rotation of Simple, this recent year, has consisted of 19 conquest maps, 1 CTF map - El Al, and 1 TDM – Berlin.

There’s plenty of room and space in those 19 CQ maps to hide in main bases and vehicles, for those frightened and scared players, who even after 20 years of playing BF42, still find it uncomfortable and awkward to play infantry and to be shot at.

In case somebody, sadly, insists on disallowing main base attack in Berlin TDM, here’s my view on the lines and rules.

Allied base: Axis should be allowed to get as close as the blue line, and shoot at all visible allied players, even if they are inactive and inside Allied main.

A player has a serious problem if playing Berlin TDM, is in allied main, and complains about being shot from long distance by axis, when it’s so easy to hide from fire in Allied main. And generally .... players should not hide in main in Berlin, they should attack.

(Yellow dots are spawn points)

21.png

Axis base: Allies should be allowed to get as close as the blue line, and shoot at all visible Allied players, even if they are inactive and inside Allied main.

44.png

Thoughts?

Should Berlin main base attack be allowed?

1. Yes
  2. No
Total votes: 29

Results of poll are hidden from guests

Last edited by 000 (2022-10-01 15:04:08)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 3

#2 2022-10-01 14:27:48

L0rd Waggachugga
Windows 10 Chrome 105.0

Re: The Berlin TDM main base problem

Image BBCode test

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#3 2022-10-01 15:12:58

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 106.0

You have no moral standing to come to propose anything about any rules or to question any administrator of this server because your word is completely devalued and justified by your actions within the game...

No wonder you are one of the most banned players, you got a gold medal for that. Case closed.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 2

#4 2022-10-01 15:13:51

Anna Nym
FakeNickAdmin
Germany
Windows 10 Firefox 105.0

absolutely, he just has to have clarity for his ''spawnraping-scorewhoring concept'' - another ban because of baseattack ends in long time banned from here on

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#5 2022-10-01 15:18:39

Alfred
At duty
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 105.0

Sin-t-tulo.png

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#6 2022-10-01 21:30:47

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 105.0

S.E.L.F wrote:

You have no moral standing to come to propose anything about any rules or to question any administrator of this server because your word is completely devalued and justified by your actions within the game...

No wonder you are one of the most banned players, you got a gold medal for that. Case closed.

He just needs to make sure he can still do his "volume killing" on his 5000$ BF1942 PC, don't be so harsh wink

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#7 2022-10-02 10:45:57

deeko
Player
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 105.0

It would be interesting to know how far the lines are

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#8 2022-10-02 12:08:25

Paul Baumer
straight outta options
Ukraine
Android Chrome 99.0

TDM mode is not an excuse to spawn kill players in main base as written in the rules. Decision to make baseattack forbidden in TDM mode came from best practices adopted by our admins and by logical intention to make the game more enjoyable via allowing players to spawn without getting killed instantly. If servers owner will want to make different choices he will let us know and we will discuss it. But those decisions are made based on what is better for majority of players and not on request from someone who wants an entire server to be adopted to his gameplay.
By the way 000, you accuse players of hiding in main base instead of attacking but usually you are hiding more than anyone else - correct me if I'm wrong.
We understand however that boundaries of main base are not clear in Berlin TDM so we are looking forward to establish them better so it will be clear for everyone.

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#9 2022-10-02 12:21:47

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Android Chrome 85.0

It is though a wide misconception that forbidding baserape on berlin and stalingrad makes it somehow easier for the locked team to get to flags. On the contrary. And it actually would force those inactive players into some action. Right now it is like this: 30 players in a team, out of which about 5 who are attacking and the rest just sit there and play dumb.
Also I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the 10 second spawn time after every single death makes getting a flag even harder than actual baserape.
Logically - which is easier: the enemy blocking all the exits from base and camping there or the enemy coming into base and getting killed by spawning players?
Right now about 70% of players on the server are absolutely useless just because of that baserape rule when a team is stuck.
How many of you have actually played through some serious baserape? Very few players left who remember it, and they also remember it was way more fun for the majority. The crybabies will cry anyway
Just for the record, I'm not talking about all maps

#10 2022-10-02 12:40:15

NuBian
Windows 10 Opera 90.0

imo axis shouldn pass the jeep spwan line and brown box.

allied shouldn pass the ruin/house square block, only blue house and blue ruin are fair game.

there will always be "useless" players, no point changing them

main issue is the baselock itself, doesnt make sense to have the possibility to lock down a whole team in a perimeter in TDM mode.

TDM should be more dynamic and frag heavy.

I suggest to add more spwan points outside of the main bases to make it harder for the teams to lock down a perimeter.

e.g. for axis spwan point at the blue corner ruin across the street or at the red corner ruin (not inside of the corner, outside of the corner)

for allied in the white corner house

Last edited by NuBian (2022-10-02 12:41:52)

#11 2022-10-02 13:41:46

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

Paul Baumer wrote:

Decision to make baseattack forbidden in TDM mode came from best practices adopted by our admins and by logical intention to make the game more enjoyable via allowing players to spawn without getting killed instantly.

allowing main base attack is not neccesarily a bad thing, it can be very good and improve gameplay

of the 19 cq maps in simple rotation, 10 of those already have “main base attack allowed” in one or two mains  (some of them have ships as mains, spread out, or no mains)

battle of britain
battle of the bulge
coral sea
invasion of the philippines
iwo jima
liberation of caen
midway
omaha
tobruk
wake

is gameplay poor and ruined in these 10 maps, because players cant hide safely in mains ? no, it actually makes them more enjoyable imo

and this is not about changing server settings to suit my gaming style, its about improving things for the majority

im rather sure that berlin tdm would get better with uncap attack allowed

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#12 2022-10-02 15:46:40

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 105.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

and this is not about changing server settings to suit my gaming style, its about improving things for the majority

Yes it is about molding the server to your needs, and you have been posting your imbecilic requests here for years, ever since your failed TTB experiment crashed and burned.

You know nothing of what the majority of SiMPLE players want or how the server works. The people that possess this knowledge are the actual admins: Paul, Raketenhorst and a few others.

I have a great solution for you, which will be mutually beneficial to SiMPLE and you:

1) Make your own server
2) Populate it with bots. You can even add bots to TDM!
3) Add all your retarded mods there, and do all the spawnkilling you want: no one will complain!

As you can see, its a great solution that would rid SiMPLE of your stupid requests while allowing you to play in your little magical world like the delusional lunatic that you are. Everyone wins!

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 1

#13 2022-10-03 00:37:20

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 106.0

That this 000 guy now has an idea to improve the "gameplay" for the good of the people makes the joke tell itself.

#14 2022-10-03 02:47:57

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

forum stalking, hard language and rough personal attacks against me constantly in this forum, not just recently but month after month

Black Mamba wrote:

and you have been posting your imbecilic requests here for years
ever since your failed TTB experiment crashed and burned.
You know nothing of what the majority of SiMPLE players want or how the server works.
Add all your retarded mods there
its a great solution that would rid SiMPLE of your stupid requests
like the delusional lunatic that you are
No it's not 45-75% you dumb f*ck.

S.E.L.F wrote:

I can tolerate the stupid things he does in-game
You are a capricious child
dig a hole and don't come out anymore
000 who is a known provocateur with a disgusting history of bad play, with a lousy behavior
Let the freak be happy
That this 000 guy now has an idea to improve the "gameplay" for the good of the people makes the joke tell itself.

paul, how come you let everybody severely insult me 24/7 here, and let them post offtopic irrelevancy in my serious threads ? i try to ignore the most of it, but those rare times i talk back, you swiftly interfere and warn

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 01#p181901

why dont you give them a warning ? am i the only one that has to behave here, while everybody just can forum-assault me, disrespect me, etc ?

by the way, its the same story, every time i post something useful here in forum, the common forum mob will start attacking and provoking me, for no good reasons

they are not against my proposals, they are against me, and will blindly and automatically object to my ideas

even if i posted the best and most beneficial suggestions ever, they will be against it.

actually, they are easy to handle, cuz i just need to say the opposite of what i want, which they then will be against, and then in reality, they will support my plans

luckily, the simple founder is way more clever than these emotionally bound pedestrians, and see the usefulness in many of my points

#15 2022-10-03 05:35:09

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 106.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

by the way, its the same story, every time i post something useful here in forum, the common forum mob will start attacking and provoking me, for no good reasons

they are not against my proposals, they are against me, and will blindly and automatically object to my ideas

If you want to be taken seriously post something intelligent, not about a rule that is very clear because you were told a thousand times that you do not cross the limit and you keep doing it wanting to debate and impose your unbiased perspective of things. You were banned for this reason several times.

So if you want to manipulate Paul Baumer by making him believe "that you are a victim" you are not going to get anywhere. The only way you will get anyone to take you seriously is if you start to change yourself and have some self criticism of the bad things you have done in the past and for some reason continue to do.

You reap what you sow.

#16 2022-10-03 06:52:28

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

self just insulted me gain .....

i surpass you in bf1942, regarding knowledge, insight and cleverness

im not interested in discussing with you or any of these other stalkers, who obviously lack clearvision and cant see things in a big perspective

i just want to point out that you and the other insulters should get warnings or sanctions

s.e.l.f    ..... please stay away from this berlin tdm topic, if you got nothing constructive to say about it .... you have made three insultive offtopic spamposts now ....

stop it

#17 2022-10-03 11:56:11

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 105.0

Self insulted you? Owwww,it hurts so much...must be like getting a pm from you,right?

Let him who has no sins cast the first stone.....check your older posts perhaps with threats and insults to players and admins...  tsk tsk     don't be so sad 000

Also,If you surpass all and everything in bf in knowledge,insight and cleverness why do you have the record in ragequitting?

And we are not really interested in discussing any change you want to make to your advantage (again) in this game,we know it's your wet dream to spawncamp all and everything because we do see the big perspective...
And beware about your request to sanction insulters....your head might be the first on the chopping block.
I'm sure it was a coincidence again you tk-ed me on BOB ,as I was surpassing your score again....

As for your 'proposal'

It's fun to see how much effort you put in to sway Tuia ,even using Portugese....my my ,bit of a suckup if you want something ey?
But your idea is just so you can get into those spawns,preferably on the advantaged team so you can post high scores again where you will talk down to others,as per usual.
Ain't you got enough places to camp on most maps yet?

But yea,sure ,define those no go zones in these spawns better ,just so to make sure you don't pitch a tent there.
By the way ,it's TEAM deathmatch but I know you don't comprehend the word 'team' anyway.

You reap what you sow indeed.

Last edited by Dr.ZoidbergCLAW (2022-10-03 12:06:17)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#18 2022-10-03 16:55:44

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
iOS Safari 16.0

Its kinda simple, nobody takes you seriously anymore and you shouldnt ever wonder why after all these years, you are irrelevant, only admins keep protecting you from being banned when you constantly keep breaking rules for years which is sad and frustrating.

#19 2022-10-03 22:21:49

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 106.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

i surpass you in bf1942, regarding knowledge, insight and cleverness

You are so smart that you did not realize yet that your petition in this thread is not going to prosper. The reasons are more than clear even though you want to distort a rule that was already made, in legal terms it is called "res judicata" and in street terms it is said "go home boy you wasted time".

And regarding your personal challenge that you want to have with me, I will give you a piece of advice every time you want to "underestimate me". In this beautiful war game called BF1942, you have two ways to win, on the battlefield and on the forum.

And so far my boy... you are eating dirt on your knees.

#20 2022-10-03 23:06:50

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

i made a serious topic about an issue that affects a lot of players, and i even suggested some easy solutions

but, its obvious that self, mamba, zoi, c88 arent here to discuss berlin tdm. they are not interested in that

instead, theyre doing everything they can to attack and insult me, and to try and ruin this thread

nothing new in that, those and many others have done that endless times, when i post threads about simple issues, and its been like this for 5+ years.

there should be zero tolerance for forum insults, these kinds of thread hijackings, and trolls like those four

id forumban self, mamba, zoi, c88 for 30 days if this was my forum

#21 2022-10-04 01:22:42

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 105.0

Nah,I replied constructively,I said I agree with defining those nogo zones better to avoid 'happy trigger mistakes' by 'some' in mainbase area's but I cannot agree with you getting more spawncamp opportunities in said mainbases.

Because it's just about your high scores in the end ,not the 'playerbase' with which you don't really interact well at all.
You sadly have never had anyone's best interests in mind ;except your own.

also....serious topic.....very debatable ....get off that high horse smile

#22 2022-10-04 14:55:53

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 106.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

i made a serious topic about an issue that affects a lot of players, and i even suggested some easy solutions

Your proposal of wanting to change the limits on this map is inapplicable to the control of the administrators (because you would drive them all crazy and would generate an endless controversy) and the reasons have already been exposed to you.

The funny thing is that a paroled criminal like you wants to judge the other users who don't agree with your childish proposal for not knowing how to discuss in a forum.

Bring something interesting to the game, not a whim like yours.

#23 2022-10-06 03:05:02

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

to those who scold and reject my ideas; yall dont really fathom whats going on in simpleland

01.jpg

its you who are wrong, not me

in all modesty, i must say that my simple propositions are more relevant, more detailed, and have a higher implementation success rate than the majority of the feedback

behold ....

many of my helpful suggestions have been incorporated into simple over the years since 2012. the common simple forum mob often protests against, and disrespects me and my proposals, and say that they NEVER should be applied to simple, but luckily, tuia the simple founder makes wise decisions

ive advocated for main simple slot increases several times. the server founder usually does whats best for the game and community. ive spoken of the advantages of 72+ slots instead of 60, which was the simple standard for years. most were against it, but now 84 slots have been set. good, thats what i wanted, not just for my sake, but for everybody’s

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 45#p143645
https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7979
https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8942

invisible border barriers on ocean maps, so ships cannot be sailed off maps by vandals and newbies, suggested by me too. i was the first to implement it on my servers, and eventually tuia did it too. you can all thank me (and tuia) for hundreds of admin hours, misery and trouble saved by this mod

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 102#p29102

i also was the first to move the middle flag in stalingrad cq to that far west hangar. i modded it on my server, posted about it here in simple forum, and both tuia and ssk set it permanently in simple and ax

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 129#p12129

various ticket settings changed, and omaha beach flag capture time reduced because of me

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5978

player spawntimes were reduced to 11 seconds in 2020. before, they were as high as 18-21 seconds. they probably werent changed by tuia due to my advice, but ive posted about the advantages of lower spawntimes and faster gameplay several times, and its satisfying that they finally have been lowered

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 1485#p1485

stalingrad tdm was a complete joke with grenades enabled, due to placement of the middle flag. it was the farce of “grenadeshower tdm”. tuia modded out grenades after i made this post. it made stalingrad tdm better

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7173

tuia put berlin tdm back in rotation, right after i politely asked him if we could get it back

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 43#p172643

after i exposed knife bonus cheaters, and advising to reduce the knife bonus to +1 or completely remove it, in order to prevent more swindling, tuia reduced the knife bonus from the previous +2 to +1, one day after my post

as usual, i got a disgusting -12 reputation from the unwise and hostile simple forum mob for my post, but tuia was smart enough to see the central and important point of my case, and make the change. i shouldve gotten +12 for catching these fraudsters and revealing the bonus vulnerability

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8154

the mobile apc spawnpoint was too overpowered and dominated some maps too much. after this post of mine, where i suggested a solution to down power it, tuia implemented my suggested changes

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6874

omaha was unbalanced for many years, and too easy to win for allied, i presented a quick and easy fix to that, which tuia soon after applied, and it has been set since

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7399

there were lack of jeeps, tank and planes in some maps. i made a balanced increase and pitched it to the server foundet. he implemented all my changes right after my post

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7482

and other things ....

see ?
get it ?

btw, for the sake of fairness and perspective, it needs to be said that tuia probably is one of the individuals that has done most beneficial things for the bf1942 game and communities since 2010. he has done at least 100 times more than me

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 1

#24 2022-10-06 20:09:41

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 105.0

All this stroking of self ego and using Tuia's name and you are still one of the least liked guys in the game....

You really don't get it do you?

Useless....just ask Tuia for complete control,then you don't have to suckup so much to people anymore....but you will end up with an empty server...you have experience there too.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#25 2022-10-06 20:45:04

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 106.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

see ?
get it ?

Nobody discredits the good things you did in the past, but this self-recognition that you do to yourself has to be done by the community.

That for something they demand you many things that you have to change, you only have to learn to listen and to overcome in you that this waste of egocentrism plays against you, for which all the respect that you are looking for is not going to give you a position of power even if you get it.

The deeds make the kings, not the crowns.

#26 2022-10-06 22:04:11

Vietnamese
Banned
Vietnam
Android Chrome 106.0

I totally agree with 000 here. He has the point. Berlin would be way more fun with spawnkilling.

@Alfredo: Those rules are not God's rules. They can be changed anytime.

@Zoidy @SELF @K88 @Anna @Mamba @Waggawugga: Why can't you guys just talk about Berlin? Why can't we argue like civilised people?

@Paul Baumer: Look at your PM, gonna sent you a message.

#27 2022-10-06 22:44:53

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 105.0

Serious Berlin discussion ey?   
Isn't that an infantry map?
Then how come EVERYTIME it's a medic that gets first place on this 'infantry' map?
Don't these 'pseudo infantry medics' want an INFANTRY round then?

So how about taking out the spawnprotection but ALL players spawn as Infantry class?
No more petty selfhealing.....

Or

Second medic proposal;make it so that medics can only heal OTHERS,this would encourage TEAMplay in TEAMdeathmatch.

So then it  is actually an infantry map...but I'm sure all these medplayers wouldn't want to lose their selfheal crutch...
But yet ,my favorite class,engineer is nerfed...no decent expack usage on many maps....

And we also all know that the topic starter will join the easiest and more advantageous team to get his kill scores  (phillipines allied,berlin axis,Bob allied,Bocage allied,Guadalcanal allied,omaha beach axis,etc etc).
So,ain't it a coincidence almost any proposal coming from him would actually mean he can get his campscores up ?
..shorter spawntimes,more players,allowing spawncamping...
You draw your conclusions,his attitude towards me and others and his posts in this forum, personal messages and actions on the server have adequately described his personality for me.

Eternal sadness.

extra link for topicstarter; he knows what I mean by it smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Z7TerOSxk

ps :0

Last edited by Dr.ZoidbergCLAW (2022-10-06 22:57:27)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#28 2022-10-07 03:08:33

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 105.0

I think he propably is paying tuia for servercost or something. tuia doesnt give a shit about the server anymore, there is a long list of files and backlogs waiting to be finished and uploaded but nothing happens other than the years goes by. The talk here about saving the community is hilarious, the server now running with content check off just makes the whole thing a sad sad ending for a great game.

#29 2022-10-07 08:48:35

Paul Baumer
straight outta options
Ukraine
Windows 10 Opera 90.0

Tuia may not be present at the moment but he keeps paying all the bills by himself and still continues to do a good amount of work that is needed to maintain the servers and that is often unseen to most people. For everyone who knows him a little, it is ridiculous to even think that he would take money to allow someone. Don't forget that Tuia always allowed everyone no matter what they done in past, as long as they wanted to start over and play peacefully, and never asked anyone for money. You should rather ask him why he is being so kind to people who perhaps do not deserve it.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#30 2022-10-07 14:54:11

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 106.0

Vietnamese wrote:

@Zoidy @SELF @K88 @Anna @Mamba @Waggawugga: Why can't you guys just talk about Berlin? Why can't we argue like civilised people?

If you were ever an administrator of a server you will understand that it is not a good idea to put imaginary lines between the limits of "legality and illegality" just to grant a questionable benefit that will only generate controversy and unnecessary claims about what is camping and what is not.  The administrators already do too much control for them to have to hire committees such as the VAR (Video Assistant Referee) system to see if an enemy was killed for being at certain meters from the allowed line.

So the cute little drawings made in "Windows Paint" are inapplicable.

Vietnamese wrote:

@Alfredo: Those rules are not God's rules. They can be changed anytime.

I love that your argument is based on something that "does not exist", but I will make the effort since you like to look for my tongue.

In case you don't know, this is born because the guy you defend creates the topic having previously received a ban for this, and after complaining privately in a disrespectful way to the administrator who applied the corrective he comes here and wants to sell you that this is for the benefit of the people, not for him. And you buy it innocently.

Do you understand the point? or do you want to continue playing the role of Robin Hood defender of thieves?

Board footer