Re: Weather topic

Im not Uly, Merlin is Nameless

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#32 2019-07-25 16:47:59

joint
Ukraine
Android Chrome 60.0

Just found Rutger Hauer was a dutch! And still he was best actor in the world. Rip.

#33 2020-01-06 14:17:56

Zwarrior
Gulag guard
Spain
Windows 7 Chrome 79.0

IMG-20200106-060439.jpg
IMG-20200106-060443.jpg
IMG-20200106-060454.jpg
IMG-20200106-060458.jpg

weather is crazy

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#34 2020-01-06 22:49:17

Unit 17
Player
Australia
Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11.0

You are not wrong Z. The fires here are that intense they are creating their own weather. In the last week I have experienced thunderstorms and lightning and even small amounts of rain created by the fire front. In my 14 years as a volunteer firefighter I have never experienced such phenomena and hope I never do again. Climate change? Who knows?? Our property is safe for the time being, the fires are only 8kms away and under control for the time being. It's a strange feeling knowing you are 100kms from home, defending someones property when your own property is under threat and being protected by another unit. I really can't praise my comrades enough. it's a tough time for all. If I knew how to upload some pics, I would.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-28/ … e/10561832

#35 2020-01-06 22:53:57

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 79.0

There is another way (German Subs if needed)

https://www.srf.ch/sendungen/dok/von-kl … chen-busch

Last edited by Arkos (2020-01-06 22:56:47)

#36 2020-01-07 00:20:34

Unit 17
Player
Australia

Hi Arkos, I couldn't understand the lingo although I got the point (I think)? But I'll have a little rant anyway ;-) What they are showing on that program is no doubt correct and practical in that geographical area, which we would class as scrub. Our first peoples have practiced this in these areas for thousands of years. We have a much different environment and geography here in the S.E. Heavily forested gorges and mountains, most of it inaccessible as well as a great deal of infrastructure and small townships. During the cooler months here, we undertake firebreak restoration and backburning to reduce the fuel load on the ground as much as possible. There are 2 main causes for the current problem, climatic and political. Australia's south east has seen warmer temperatures and little rainfall over the last 4-5 years which has created drought conditions. This adds to the fuel load on the bush floor. The dry conditions, warmer temps and prevailing winds during the cooler months over the last 3 years have prevented us (Rural Fire Brigade and other services) from backburning and clearance in a lot of these areas. Now for the political side of things. The majority of the area burnt out during these fires are areas of National Parks. The Greens here in Australia, by political means have banned numerous planned operations to reduce the risk in National Park areas when they were most viable. The Prime Minister and state premiers were all advised of the potential risk of what we are currently experiencing waaaaay back in February 2019. The federal and state governments in their wisdom reacted by cutting back the Emergency Services budget even further!! Go figure. Our brigade (over the past 2 years) has received more $$ through public donations and fundraisers than government funding. An example, our brigade of 3 units (of 4 persons each) has 2 SCBA's between them and we are limited to 2 'O' bottles each in an event!!. I can tell you that is not nearly enough. We don't get payed to do this stuff, we do it gratis for sake of our community. I have a day job, I've spent most of my Xmas and NY away from home and family, stressing about them while seeing others lives and lively hoods destroyed. I was supposed to go back to work yesterday but have the rest of the week off. (I have great boss) :-) You would think a country like Australia would be prepared for something like this. We can't do much about the weather, but the lame ass politicians have a lot to answer for! And I agree with Paul in the vid. He's a member of one of the crews we were teamed with on the coast. He really is the most quietest of guys lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wpV3lHK90o

#37 2020-01-07 01:05:35

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 55.2

So terrifying and sad sad

I read that police have arrested some people who have started some. Is that true? If so, feed them to the crocodiles!

#38 2020-01-07 01:07:47

Netherlands
BeOS SeaMonkey 1.5

bud wrote:

Saw some theori that the weather on earth might be influenced by our position in the spiral arm.

because galaxies commonly have arms that branch, merge, twist unexpectedly, and feature a degree of irregularity. The possible scenario of the Sun within a spur / Local arm emphasizes that point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way#Spiral_arms

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … l_arms.ogv

https://3c1703fe8d.site.internapcdn.net … kboneo.jpg

I think this is the best post so far. Not that he is 100% right.... i do not know actually. Nice artificial picture of our solar system! And yes i know the spiral DOES have effect, but how much is hard to say.

The sun polars shift every 11 years... and with that weather gets influenced...

The earths magnetic north is moving like crazy, that has MAJOR effect to the weather.

People cry about pollution...  yes if you fart it affects the weather around you. But hmmm... i think the heavy industries AND our cars AND the planes AND plastics AND the nuke tests affect the weather too a lot.

But i was talking to a geologist the other day (he lives next door) he could not stop tell me about the weather in the past. When you dig in the ground you will find the earths pole shifted many times in the history of this planet. Now a Christian, Jew or Muslim would claim god plays with the water. Well sorry buddy... there aint no god. And if there was u think he a little boy playing with water? Leave me alone please! Nonsense.

I think my point is we humans have grandiose idea's about ourselfs. How we can create and control life and this world. Well yes WOMEN can create life... we men can only stick our dicks in life. (actually many smart men AND woman scientists did MAJOR work on life, forever thank to them).

OMG... i am so rude... mother nature rules us all. She is not a MAN.. not a GOD... she just runs the show called EARTH.

Let us not forget many nations have bucketloads of scientist whom are trying to CONTROL the weather. Well that could not go wrong, dont you think? (but it is COOL they try, lol, crazy professors, u gotto love em).

More about effects from space on life on earth from (russian in canada):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWsVpKhaurc

Did you guys know i actually held part of the SOHO satellite in my hands many years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJAcrorHx8I

That space shit is EXPENSIVE, the research and work they do in that lab where i also came (long time ago) was amazing. I learned a lot there... nope sorry u want to know about the military stuff? Sorry wont tell you... tongue

Anyway the SOHO satellite is an SOLAR OBSERVATION camera. Detectors in many ranges (xray, visible light etc). Europeans (and asians and americans) all worked hand in hand to make this thing go BOOM to the sun. That is what real team work can do. But yeah i know.. u want to put your dick on the table and fight a holy war. Man... people can be so stupid sometimes (that includes me).

Last edited by iCQ (2020-01-07 01:10:36)

#39 2020-01-07 01:49:53

Unit 17
Player
Australia

Sunshine wrote:

I read that police have arrested some people who have started some. Is that true? If so, feed them to the crocodiles!

Unfortunately that is the case Sunshine. They have also caught a few looters as well & yep, feed them to the crocs also. It makes me so mad that I'd probably put a bullet between their eyes at this very moment. Sad fact is, many of them were children. :-(

Last edited by Unit 17 (2020-01-07 01:51:13)

#40 2020-01-07 02:46:02

Zwarrior
Gulag guard
Spain
Windows 7 Chrome 79.0

Unit 17 wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

Unfortunately that is the case Sunshine. They have also caught a few looters as well & yep, feed them to the crocs also. It makes me so mad that I'd probably put a bullet between their eyes at this very moment. Sad fact is, many of them were children. :-(

i´ve also read that, at least 24 people were arrested by the moment.

firefighters have to face also the wind which is more than 100km/h+ 48ºc (118.4 fahrenheit) it must be horrible to work under this contitions, i wish you guys the best of luck dealing with this  catastrophe.

Last edited by Zwarrior (2020-01-07 02:46:19)

#41 2020-01-07 03:13:54

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 55.2

Zwarrior wrote:
Unit 17 wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

i´ve also read that, at least 24 people were arrested by the moment.

firefighters have to face also the wind which is more than 100km/h+ 48ºc (118.4 fahrenheit) it must be horrible to work under this contitions, i wish you guys the best of luck dealing with this  catastrophe.

It's up to 183 arrested now sad

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation … 6ed1acf53f

#42 2020-01-07 05:59:28

Unit 17
Player
Australia

That 183 aren't all intentional arsonists Sunshine. That figure also includes those that have been fined (not arrested) for disregarding fire bans ie, burning off, outdoor fires BBQ's etc, though they are just as bad as firebugs!

Last edited by Unit 17 (2020-01-07 06:00:50)

#43 2020-01-07 06:37:36

Netherlands
BeOS SeaMonkey 1.5

Note this picture is synthetic but this is what they are talking about above.

This is not due to the weather, this is due to beings that make fire, cool huh?

ANYWAY a bit off topic but hey, who cares!?

I would not be surprised if some group of angry men is doing this. There are PLENTY angry, resentful and destructive men on this planet. I feel they double by the day:

hater wrote:

Ah who cares about peace... mine is BIGGER than his so... and oh im so smart i can light him (them) up. I live in a desert, they cant burn that! I am SAFE! tongue

Stupid, again this feels like the work of mindless drone zombies.
And oh well, who really cares anyway... BOMBS AWAY~!!!
With a big proud smile on his face as he blasts another innocent family into oblivion. U know those precision bombs that were not aimed right. Talk to his wife.. she can tell you about his aim.

1578375630971.jpg

Pray for AUSSIE!

joint wrote:
Arkos wrote:
bud wrote:

Saw some theori that the weather on earth might be influenced by our position in the spiral arm.

Na, i don't think it has some influence on weather. The magnetic field of the sun surrounds the entire Solar system.

They most likely have, even other galaxies have influence, an other galaxy jet could even kill all as:) powerful objects probably even have micro influence on dna of conciving living beings, weird.

It is proven last year that there is a NET in the universe that connects everything with everything. Actually if u look at the simulation of that net... it looks like a neural network! Aint that something? (let me see if i can find that news)

Last edited by iCQ (2020-01-07 06:47:39)

#44 2020-01-07 10:02:11

Zwarrior
Gulag guard
Spain
Windows 7 Chrome 79.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCOv2XiB9o

min:3:48 that is not normal.

#45 2020-01-07 10:43:20

jorgen
fishing
Norway
Website
Linux Firefox 45.0

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#46 2020-01-08 01:34:52

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 55.2

In FL and in my original home state of Michigan, they always did prescribed burns. It truly helped a lot. Unfortunately, certain idiots bitched and moan about it. And one time there was a huge fire because they forced the DNR not to do a prescribed burn. We always did them on our land and GOATS! Use goats! They help clear the brush smile

Board footer