#1 2019-09-09 05:45:20

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

a potential fix to the short omaha rounds problem

abstract :

the omaha beach map in simple fra ends way too early, way too often, and has done so for years, due to allies capturing the upper flag too fast. this could be partíally solved by setting the axis mobile apc spawnpoint to respawn, even if the upper flag is held by allies

full :

the maps in simple fra which dont have two uncapturable mains, can be finished early by capturing all flags or completing other objectives. this creates an issue : those maps are on average played less, timewise, than the other maps. some see no problem with this, while others, including me, see it as a big problem. ideally, a software mechanism should be created to repeated those maps once, if they end before x amount of time, just like the head admin of ax server has done. all maps in there are repeated once if they end before 15 minutes

my estimate is that about 75 % of all omaha rounds in simple fra, end before full time is reached, and that average round time is 15 – 20 minutes. i find this very unfortunate, and since something similar to that ax 15 minute software code most likely never will be created for simple fra, a second best solution should be used, to attempt to prevent those omahas to end too soon

yes i know, 80+ % of clanners and most admins and most veterans dislike the omaha map. a good omaha, according to them, is an omaha that ends in less that ten minutes, or even better, just gets skipped. they would love to permanently remove this “broken” / “boring” / “crappy” map from all rotations in all servers. except if one of them get the axis tank, so they can whore away against allied infantry

this second best early round fix for omaha that i have in mind, is simply modding; to set the axis mobile apc spawnpoint to spawn even if all flags are captured by allies. just like it does it liberation of caen due to recent modding, and to lower its spawntime. this will make it harder for allies to eliminate axis completely from the map, and will therefore result in, on average, longer omaha rounds

im guessing that the omaha AMAPCS is currently linked to the upper flag and thus wont respawn if allies capture it. it could be set to respawn even if allies hold that upper flag by linking it to the allied beach flag. a bonus result of this would be that it wont spawn before allies has captured that beach flag

the spawn time of the amapcs should be lowered to around two minutes instead of current four minutes

and its spawnpoint could be set further north of the current location, so it wont spawn in the middle of allies when they hold the flag

red : current location
blue : new proposed location

01.png

trying to predict the effect of this :

scenario 1 – allies hold beach flag and middle flag, axis hold upper flag : no change, except lower spawntime and new location

scenario 2 – allies hold beach flag and upper flag, axis hold middle flag : when the amapcs is destroyed, it will respawn in that area, giving axis a good chance of recapturing upper flag. it is near impoissible to recapture that upper flag for axis, without an amapcs up there, in a round with 40+ players

scenario 3 –  allies hold all three flags : when the amapcs is destroyed, it will respawn in upper flag area, giving axis a good chance of recapturing upper or middle flag

Positive reputation 6   Negative reputation 0

#2 2019-09-09 16:01:59

Horza
Player
France
Windows 10 Firefox 69.0

Re: a potential fix to the short omaha rounds problem

Finally you can think and not be selfish ? wow
(I put a +1 on your post to prove even I dont like you I can be agreed with you)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2019-09-09 20:51:29

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 76.0

Don't believe that. He does that not because he thinks on other people.

He just want this so he can rape even longer, ... nothing else.

Not long ago he asked to remove the APC's from some maps or increase the spawntime.

Please... !

Last edited by Arkos (2019-09-09 20:53:05)

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#4 2019-09-10 09:24:52

Goldie
Marshal Murat
Georgia
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

he's kinda smart man, don't be against him all the time, I haven't met him I think........

#5 2019-09-10 13:17:33

Snake Eyes
Player
Brazil
Website
iOS Safari 12.1

This idea isn’t bad, it’s really very difficult to axis take back the flags.

#6 2019-09-10 22:35:14

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 53.0

I can't believe you didn't suggest more jeeps.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#7 2019-09-11 18:38:04

Netherlands
Unknown Firefox 68.0

Nice and very interesting post. I do not agree tho! I have a totally different opinion. I expect more from you. Especially since i think i know u used to play vanilla Ohama.

Beats me why modders took out the mines and nades. Thats like taking the football shoe's in a soccer match.

With nades we had something on Allied side to prevend the tank spammers on the edge of the hill.

Of course we all.hate to die, especially by a nade. (nonsense, it is all in the game)

I say keep it vanilla. Take away the APC spawn thing and put back the engineer kit and nades.

If u really need to mod something add some darkness and a blinky xmas tree in December or something like that. But  i know  that real mod job never been taken in Battlefield 1942 modding world. Seriously these small delete features modding is not something that impresses us much, right!?

My 2 cents

Last edited by iCQ (2019-09-11 18:39:54)

#8 2019-09-12 17:57:10

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 76.0

Forget Omaha, this is old hat, determined enough allies will take it no matter what, this is known for years, lets talk about Britains spawn dot/building weakness, that is a map that has over 90% unfair, quick outcomes, and one of the best maps ruined in a fraction of its time limit set

Last edited by Zatoichi (2019-09-12 17:57:28)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#9 2019-09-12 19:06:01

Goldie
Marshal Murat
Georgia
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

can't we just add bonus AA to prevent brits/gers to mass bomb the area?

#10 2019-09-12 21:33:20

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 76.0

In Britain it's just because of the uselles Allies who like to camp Axis Base the entire round only. (And 90% of them are those Probailers). 

The funny thing is, they mean how usefull they are.

Meanwhile the Bombers dropp all their bombs over our Hangars and factories.

Not that long ago, we won around 50% of BoB with the team played together.  There are so many FlakGuns on that island, for those who can't fly, and on the other side, all the planes intercepted the incoming Bombers and Fighters. The FlakGunners were mostly engineers and 1-2 played as medic at the factory.

Shämeless, i guess you should remember.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#11 2019-09-13 02:48:12

Netherlands
Windows 7 Vivaldi 2.4

I just realized, takin nades and mines out of the map... why not take the bunkers and the hills out the map? And while u at it modder, also take away the beach cause it makes our Allied machines way more rusty than the Axis side machines. So unfair.

No seriously... to me it is sad and noob to take away nades and mines... adding spawns... man get a real job the maps are FINE as they are.

#12 2019-09-14 03:57:42

Netherlands
Windows 7 Vivaldi 2.4

sorry, i have to add... i have to be honest (one of my golden rules):

i DO like the ALLIED APC spawn on Ohama Beach A LOT... nice nice nice game element!

Who came up with that idea? I would like to buy a coffee for the mod who did that. I am not joking here bud, but no additional cake tongue sorry hehehe

Last edited by iCQ (2019-09-14 03:58:56)

#13 2019-11-17 15:24:49

CptEngage[YouTube]
Player
Russia
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 78.0

iCQ wrote:

Beats me why modders took out the mines and nades. Thats like taking the football shoe's in a soccer match.

With nades we had something on Allied side to prevend the tank spammers on the edge of the hill.

Of course we all.hate to die, especially by a nade. (nonsense, it is all in the game)

I say keep it vanilla. Take away the APC spawn thing and put back the engineer kit and nades.

Yeah, the lack of grenades, mines and expack makes the map more dull and boring. I remember playing (almost) VANILLA MAP in 2010-2012 on the old russian server and it was a great experience. Only non-vanilla part there was PoW instead of Fletcher2. Map felt pretty balanced and very fun!

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#14 2019-11-17 15:53:55

Netherlands
Unknown Firefox 68.0

CptEngage[YouTube] wrote:
iCQ wrote:

Yeah, the lack of grenades, mines and expack makes the map more dull and boring. I remember playing (almost) VANILLA MAP in 2010-2012 on the old russian server and it was a great experience. Only non-vanilla part there was PoW instead of Fletcher2. Map felt pretty balanced and very fun!

Same here, our old clan was the biggest and best. Nobody could beat us..

We ran DC and VANILLA server. No ff.... No team wound, very arcade feel like pacman... i love IT

Sure we had noobs come in and cry about getting killed by a few nades. We had guys cry away "expacker!".

But where is that logic? my nade against your tank? my expack against your bomber?

oh it is just people who cant make a map or a vehicle but they can "hack" nades away

last night i played on my old buddies wake server super vanilla... love it

after that i went play on our russian modded ut server, that beats anything u see around here ANY day

Last edited by iCQ (2019-11-17 15:57:09)

Board footer