#1 2019-08-17 08:37:13

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

teamstacking rules and the new autobalance

half a year ago, tuia made a change to the autobalance

http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic. … 96#p133196

tuia wrote:

I did a small change to autobalance system in BF1942 server, it now does not switch killed players to the team with less players , it only prevents players from switching to the team with more players, when autoteambalance is activated.

in my mind, thats a super tweak and much better than the default autobalance. it prevents those annoying forced switches to enemy team in the middle of a round. the down side is that teams now sometimes are slightly more unbalanced. but overall, this new autobalance is much better, as i see it

but it has resulted in a new human problem;  a few simple admins mistakenly now think that this new autobalance is broken, and that whenever theres a big player imbalance in the teams (many players in one team, few in the other) admins are allowed to kick or ban players for staying in their team and not switching to the team with the fewest players

this is wrong and a complete misunderstanding of tuias intention with this new autobalance setting. admins should not start to act as a new "human-admin-autobalance" and kick / ban players who stays in their team and refuse to switch to the underpopulated team

can we agree that :

1) selecting / switching team, once, in the 30-50 seconds before a round starts, is perfectly allowed

and

2) a player who selects a team before round start, (or joins during a round and makes a non-stack selection) is allowed to stay in that team for the entire round, no matter how underpopulated enemy team gets, and that admins never are allowed to warn / force / kick / ban these players for staying in hir teams and not switching to the underpopulated team

? .... i hope so, because ....

if anybody disagrees with the above two statements, then they probably cant theorize properly, and they should realize that the majority of admins, clanners and players in simple servers are breaking the rules repeatedly and could be subject to kicking / banning

Last edited by 000 (2019-08-17 08:56:19)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#2 2019-08-17 14:49:54

Hillbillyninja
United States
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 18.18362

Re: teamstacking rules and the new autobalance

There is no need to explain any further with this : its seems you don't know the difference between right and wrong? Let me see if I can try to help you once again {Its basic math} 23 against 14 players and you never try to help ever! That's a 9 player difference almost double.
And when I ask you not to stack -You will need to Listen to the Admins: Request and help balance the teams.
I will be counting on you. Thank you very much for your corporation. That is all on this topic .
The End
Hilly

And this is why admins have !wstack command Tuia wants an even game, and he wants us to enforce it.

Last edited by Hillbillyninja (2019-08-17 14:51:51)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2019-08-17 16:12:40

seVen

Windows 10 Firefox 68.0

Re: teamstacking rules and the new autobalance

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

half a year ago, tuia made a change to the autobalance

And two posts later in that thread:

tuia wrote:

Ok, I think it works, I did not have time to test it rigorously, please, report any problems. I am not sure if new players are assigned to each team randomly, when autoBalanceTeam is enabled.

There is an unresolved discussion regarding the team balance issues in the admin forum.
tuia does acknowledge that it is not working as expected.
Last post was Feb 26th.

One thing which would end this madness entirely is to have the server assign your team when you join.
You're placed on a team, and you fight for that team.  This method worked flawlessly on Call Of Duty.
If a player chooses to switch at a later point, the team balance (if it's ever working properly) will decide
whether or not to allow it.  No more of this "i don't have to help the weaker team" nonsense...

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer