#31 2020-11-12 20:48:47

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Re: this and that ra ta tat tat

nämeless wrote:

What's this topic about? smile

I guess it is another way to ask who's in control of the admin-race which "sometimes" takes place on Simple - and of course a hello from Butcher and to Butcher :-)
- If you don't find peace or a solution, Butcher, I can recommend aX, which I can (finally) play on here in my 2020 "comeback". Although there are rarely any admins it's quite peaceful - there isn't 100% ff so the trolls and noobs often don't succes in teamkilling you wink.

Il try to stay out of the "oldschool" skill discussion because, as I see it, it's not that straightforward as it always ends to. And who is really to decide in a 18 year old game - the one who played regularly since 2002 around all aspects of this great game? If there is such player he should proably start seeing a doctor smile.
- A sidenote to that: Are you concidered the best pilot if you win the most closed 1v1 dogfights. Are you the best infantry if you win the most medals on GBZ Stalingrad or 1v1 duels. Are you the best tanker if you kill from the longest distance with your tank on Arcor Arena or win duels on Tank Arena. I think we all look and measure that differently and hopefully we do.

Finally: I think it's damn cool that this game is still played and is playable with populated servers and a running clan league for closed organised matches. And/ but I don't think "newer" players need to get reminded they joined and play in a different era of BF42. Those who started playing in 2009 was told the same by the 2002 guys who still played or came back, those who joined in 2014 the same, etc., etc.. They know they joined an old game with a lot of history and we who play should be very happy that people still install this game - if they didn't  we would play alone or on very low populated servers ;-). Let them make their own history.

/Sorry to disturb your thread, Butcher. I hope we can squeeze some fun out of playing with Tampliers together with Lighty Eyes. Cu

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#32 2020-11-12 21:26:06

wasabi
Japan
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Butcher wrote:

Pretty proud of my drunken rant.  Kicked, banned and spammed a gazillion times all week will do that to you!  Problem sorted now.

@Wasabi Yes, it is.  I remember running the beach with you, Lin, Pepe etc  Those were fun times :-)  From 04-06 it was Wagoogies, Bugs and Moongamers for some Omaha fix.  Covid has brought me back.

Damn, nice to see you back. I definitely picked up some sniping moves from you back in the day. Stop by the Moon server sometime, we don't run Omaha that much anymore but there's a decent crowd in during the weekends.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#33 2020-11-12 22:45:39

Timmos
Player
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Light Eyes is back? Yeez i remember him from the N84U era.

#34 2020-11-12 22:56:56

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 60.3

Timmos wrote:

Light Eyes is back? Yeez i remember him from the N84U era.

No one remembers you smile

#35 2020-11-13 00:38:49

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

its nice to see you back butcher

but

you still bug constantly ..... its not allowed in *new* simple

pls stop it ..... completely

taken 10 minutes ago :

https://youtu.be/Ze5dNgeBB-g

#36 2020-11-13 01:20:07

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

but

taken 10 minutes ago :

At least once are these videos for something..
I said the same things couple days ago and loudly in public server many times even when though anyone doesnt/didnt like it...
Thanks for the video...

#37 2020-11-13 01:31:14

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

but

taken 10 minutes ago :

This video proves my original point so well.  One press of "Z" doesn't create any bug.  Its only intention is to move my head away from your crosshair, especially in tight spaces where it's hard to strafe.  Do you really expect me to keep my head at the same level as your crosshair?

Judging from what I've read in a few sections of this forum, I think you have ulterior motives.  You're toxic and full of ego. 

This is the last time I will reply to you.  Just take it straight to admin in future.  If it's a ban, I'll take it on the chin.

#38 2020-11-13 01:45:50

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
iOS Safari 14.0

Butcher, honestly, you are also right “about him”. He’s the most hated player by 60% + of this community and rightly so, but I have to give him right in this one. I also think its not allowed and i do not know any other player who would do this nowadays and even in the last 3 years. If its allowed and Im wrong, I will say sorry to you, but..
No one said you are gonna be banned for it, but maybe we should take it to higher power and wait for their opinion. Not many of admins play inf, so opinions can be different, thats why i would like to hear one from players like nameless, Raketen for example and also why not from regulas inf players like me etc.
No offense .. just, it really would be nice to make it clear.
Cheers

#39 2020-11-13 02:27:02

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

In my original post I did ask for some clarification, but nobody's come back to me.  I'm just playing by liga rules, where, as far as I know, pressing 'Z' once, seems to be allowed.  If it's different here, then admin should let me know.  If I took a video of someone every time they proned vs me, admin would get very busy.  I'm baffled by that video, I'm 100% hittable/killable.  Sometimes I think people are too lazy to adapt their play style.

50594783838_9d15894890_z.jpgbug by Donny Tubab, on Flickr

#40 2020-11-13 03:42:23

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

you make these "z once" often. to my knowledge, they arent allowed in simple

you also make other "worse" deliberate bugs that make you virtually unhittable for 1-2 seconds

ive rarely seen anybody bug as much as you in simple, they way you played a week ago, with severe frequent bugging

also, to my knowledge, the bugging rules here are stricter than bf-league rules

you should look around in *new* simple and watch the seasoned infs. youll see little or no bugging. its not that they dont know how to bug, they just dont do it because they know its not allowed

#41 2020-11-13 09:56:14

dary
Player
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

It doesn't look like bugging for me. You can see that you had a hit even though he was on the ground, because the hitbox is simply slower than the body. I just don't know how you prone that fast. A normal prone looks differently.

What could be considered as bugging is if you prone in front corner and then go up and show up. It is unfair because you don't have regs then if you shoot in the head, because the hitbox is still on ground for a wink.

Just some thoughts.

#42 2020-11-13 09:57:49

Goldie
Marshal Murat
Georgia
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

i think, if i remember right, i've tested this manouver with henk....and i can't believe it makes you invincible, no matter what....

#43 2020-11-13 12:46:12

Timmos
Player
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Butcher wrote:
BFSoldier 1 wrote:

but

taken 10 minutes ago :

This video proves my original point so well.  One press of "Z" doesn't create any bug.  Its only intention is to move my head away from your crosshair, especially in tight spaces where it's hard to strafe.  Do you really expect me to keep my head at the same level as your crosshair?

Judging from what I've read in a few sections of this forum, I think you have ulterior motives.  You're toxic and full of ego. 

This is the last time I will reply to you.  Just take it straight to admin in future.  If it's a ban, I'll take it on the chin.

100% agreed with Butcher, good that all ''new school'' players are falling over this. This shows that the game haven't seen any good skill for a while. If you press Z once, you are bugging? What a crybaby's.

Learn how to play this game, or shut up

#44 2020-11-13 14:25:17

nifty
Player
Android Chrome 74.0

Sparrow wrote:

The skill level is so low currently, that they would instantly get bored.

In simple server it is easy to get quickly bored. IMO, player that usually spends time on simple cant posses the same skillset in aX, bcoz in simple for planes and tanks the distance to aim far ahead of target is relatively lower than aX. Means one has to aim more far ahead in aX compared with simple.And i still suck at making good score on simple, coz i dont take game so seriously to run and make score and impress others.That makes me bored too easily..

Morover, in simple we always find each minute someone is reporting someone. Even i report people sometimes. No such bullshit on aX..and i feel there are more noobs on simple than aX. Clan players mostly play on simple, but in aX there are even many non-clanners that posses great skills. Plz dont confuse skills with scorewhoring. Finally i meant to say that, people who feel they are best in SimPLe will relatively find little hard in aX. Its just my opinion. Have a great day!

#45 2020-11-13 17:01:56

s/w
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Pure score-whoring is effortless. Therefore, not a skill in my book.

A skilled pilot may for example have a slightly harder time with aiming on a 200+ ping server,  but he would still know the moves to take down the  opponent. Leading distance is not much of an issue for those players.

And what I meant to say with the skill being very low currently, is that most skilled players have already left the game. While most noobs/averages and some mediocre players, have remained. Highly skilled pilots like DraGo, -=Raptor22=-, Lurch, will get bored. There's virtually no-one to give you a good challenge when you possess that type of skill. It isn't much fun to play ''alone'' on the server, If you know what I mean.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#46 2020-11-13 18:13:43

ziba128
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 82.0

Timmos wrote:

100% agreed with Butcher, good that all ''new school'' players are falling over this. This shows that the game haven't seen any good skill for a while. If you press Z once, you are bugging? What a crybaby's.

Look who's talking about skill, a blatant cheater smile

Last edited by ziba128 (2020-11-13 19:33:41)

#47 2020-11-13 22:10:29

Timmos
Player
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

ziba128 wrote:
Timmos wrote:

Look who's talking about skill, a blatant cheater smile

Lol who are you?

#48 2020-11-22 10:03:09

llzkk
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 83.0

dary wrote:

(...)It doesn't look like bugging for me. You can see that you had a hit even though he was on the ground(...)

I guess 000 can kill him because he has a fairly low ping (~14). For me (I have over 60 ping), hitting this player who did kind of prone would be almost impossible. In the past I have had many opportunities to play with lower ping like ~43 or ~27 (on SiMPLE server of course) and most of time I could easily hit other players. So ping really does matter.

dary wrote:

I just don't know how you prone that fast. A normal prone looks differently.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the animation speed, or just about hitting prone key in a different way than normal.
But to clear many thing up, I have some thoughts about it below.

Most likely it's a problem with the game engine. Many things are possibly hardcoded at 30fps (like animations, menu transitions, etc.), so exceeding this limit will cause many things to play faster.

How to check this ?
There is one command:

"renderer.extrapolateFrame" - by default it is set to 1 value. If you set this command to 1 the maximum fps will be ~30. While this command is disabled, with "renderer.lockFps" you can go below this value, but not over it.

Hidden text

I also made 2 videos below showing what is the difference between low and high FPS when it comes to prone (1st video) and jeep animation (2nd video) (enter and exit).

1st video

https://streamable.com/rfzfzu
I cut this video a bit as I ran into weird performance issues while recording. No issues with normal gameplay

2nd video

https://streamable.com/pfd4cn
I know, the video may be a bit long, but I hope it clearly shows the case. As you can see, if you set your FPS over 120 (as host), you should notice, that when player is exiting the vehicle it is warped to exit place from somewhere place on the map (I think player is warped from map border, but it happens really quick, so it is hard to see). From client perspective you can spot similar thing, when you exit jeep or other vehicle, sometimes you may encouner small lag, I'm pretty sure it is the same thing that I mentioned above.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#49 2020-11-22 13:24:21

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Android Chrome 86.0

lol the type of people that get all technical about everything but have so little experience as a player?? hm must be some bots created by tuia
the one and only reason Butcher goes down that fast is because he pressed ctrl and z ..

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#50 2020-11-22 13:41:42

llzkk
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 83.0

simon wrote:

lol the type of people that get all technical about everything but have so little experience as a player?? hm must be some bots created by tuia
the one and only reason Butcher goes down that fast is because he pressed ctrl and z ..

Ahhh, you've got me poOr h00m4n, I'm b0t *beep*boop* big_smile
But jokes aside, if low experience as player is somehow related to me, I've never consider myself as a pro player, I'm playing to have fun, this is it tongue My biggest problem is my bad and unstable internet, maybe that's why I can't be seen as a good player for some, because I'm lack of hit regs neutral

Hidden text

+1 for joke smile

Last edited by llzkk (2020-11-22 13:44:21)

#51 2020-11-22 14:46:19

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 7 Chrome 86.0

Sparrow wrote:

have a slightly harder time with aiming on a 200+ ping server

I know you said skilled, but slightly? I have to shoot off-screen half of the time.

#52 2020-11-22 14:54:48

dary
Player
Website
Android Chrome 87.0

llzkk wrote:
simon wrote:

Ahhh, you've got me poOr h00m4n, I'm b0t *beep*boop* big_smile
But jokes aside, if low experience as player is somehow related to me, I've never consider myself as a pro player, I'm playing to have fun, this is it tongue My biggest problem is my bad and unstable internet, maybe that's why I can't be seen as a good player for some, because I'm lack of hit regs neutral

Hidden text

+1 for joke smile

The regs on the server is for me bad too with ping if 20. Sometimes no regs at all. Ping of 60 is good if the server is quite OK. The craziest Inf back than had a ping of 60. Honan from eyes of wonder.

Last edited by dary (2020-11-23 09:04:50)

#53 2020-11-22 16:28:39

llzkk
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 83.0

dary wrote:

The red on the server is for me bad too with ping if 20. Sometimes no regs at all. Ping of 60 is good if the server is quite OK. The craziest Inf back than had a ping of 60. Honan from eyes of wonder.

You mean the red dot that is next to the server icon in the server list? If so, I can totally agree with that as it means server resource usage is really high = low server performance.  It was common thing on an old SiMPLE's server with Intel Atom processor. Probably the worst for this server was Battle of Britain map with plenty of added vehicles on server-side. Everyone was literally teleporting forward and backward on this map (at least it looked from my perspective). But I'm certain that on new server with Xeon it is not a problem anymore.

I also agree, that 60 ping is good, but you know... when it is stable, while mine is not (ping sometimes varies from 60 to 400). Sorry to repeat myself again complaining about my internet hmm

#54 2020-11-22 19:59:52

Moss
Undercover Agent
New Zealand
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 87.0

Welcome back.

once a legend always a legend.

Last edited by Moss (2020-11-22 20:00:03)

#55 2020-11-23 09:34:32

dary
Player
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 87.0

llzkk wrote:
dary wrote:

The red on the server is for me bad too with ping if 20. Sometimes no regs at all. Ping of 60 is good if the server is quite OK. The craziest Inf back than had a ping of 60. Honan from eyes of wonder.

You mean the red dot that is next to the server icon in the server list? If so, I can totally agree with that as it means server resource usage is really high = low server performance.  It was common thing on an old SiMPLE's server with Intel Atom processor. Probably the worst for this server was Battle of Britain map with plenty of added vehicles on server-side. Everyone was literally teleporting forward and backward on this map (at least it looked from my perspective). But I'm certain that on new server with Xeon it is not a problem anymore.

I also agree, that 60 ping is good, but you know... when it is stable, while mine is not (ping sometimes varies from 60 to 400). Sorry to repeat myself again complaining about my internet hmm

Sorry, I meant regs and not red (edited now). smile Where are you from btw.? Noticed too that the ping is jumping.
In Germany many people have internet issue too currently. We have very bad internet here too considering it is 2020.

Last edited by dary (2020-11-23 09:35:40)

Board footer