#1 2020-11-09 23:55:32

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

this and that ra ta tat tat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-y0G8nNA8

I get it, some of you are young, competitive and full of ego.  It's normal.  I'm not here to steal your thunder or your gold!  I don't claim to be the best, or even close.  Most of you could easily beat me in a 1v1 or w/e.  After all, FPS is a young man's game and I considered myself washed up more than 10 years ago.  Covid sucks, but I thought I'd make the best of it and join a team that's in most need of players and also have some fun in public.  So if I somehow get lucky and grab gold or make a few kills, just relax, I know you're better.  I know some people take public seriously and enjoy the attention and reputation of getting high scores and medals.  I get it, most of us have been there in the past.  Just chill.

Ahhhh bugging.  Something's change, but something's never will!  I don't know exactly what constitutes to "up down" bug these days, but I thought it was continuously spamming z/ctrl, in quick succession of each other.  Bugging has always been a bit of a grey area.  In my opinion, it's impossible to police.  It happens to me all the time, but I never complain because there's always a way to deal with it, and of course, I'm not a little bitch.  Prefire, nades, don't engage, positioning, shoot the legs/ankles/feet, to name just a few.  Bugging was never an issue back in the day when bf was booming because when games are more mainstream, bugs like this (if not patched) are accepted, embraced and dealt with.  CS:GO Bunnyhop, ESO animation canceling... the list goes on.  The only reason it became such a taboo in 42 was that the community shrank down so small that a select few players with beta mentality got a monopoly on admin powers and spread their infectious way of thinking.  Normally you'd be told to gitgud or get out.  Remember TsT bug table?  The whole tactic for TsT revolved around that nasty bug table, far more difficult to deal with than anything else!   If anything, it just raises the skill bar.

I respect the rules though and never intentionally bug, because it is sucky.  What constitutes to an up/down bug?  I press z (once) in battle sometimes because it can disrupt the enemy's aim and throw them off.  It also momentarily tightens up my recoil. Sometimes I dive for cover etc etc  I don't think I've ever spammed ctrl+z, unless it's been agreed beforehand when playing a private 1v1.

Birds of a feather flock together.  I know how it works.  Pack mentality.  One dog bites and the others join in, until it becomes a feeding frenzy and he's all chewed up banned from the server.  Well, if you really think I'm intentionally bugging to create an advantage, just spare me the long, arduous warnings and kicks.  Just go straight to that IP ban button and clickety click clack.  I'll see simple and liga in another 3 years to see if people have grown up.

On a brighter note, I hit 40 very soon, but we're in lockdown here in UK, so no party party in Bangkok for me this year.  I will be eating plenty of TUNA and drinking beer though.

B

One more thing... I didn't want to scold her in public because I've got a daughter of a similar age.  I think her name is KILLER666 or something like that.  I'm pretty sure it's a young girl from what I remember, if it's not I apologize.  She's constantly harassing players on the server, especially if she isn't doing as well as she'd like.  In particular, she's always barking on about some guy called 000???  I wouldn't normally notice or care, but her sheer persistence and spam take up a lot of space on my 800x600 res.  Reminds me of G!ZmO on energy drinks!!  For days I didn't know who she was on about, and then I clocked it, some guy changed his name to something provocative when he achieves gold at the end of a round, eg.  000=____.  From what I've seen he doesn't break any rules, I've never even seen him talk in chat.  It's kind of harassment from what I saw.  Maybe her parents or guardian play here too? Or an older figure that knows her can ask her to calm down a little?  Anyway, apart from this and that and ra ta tat tat and raketenhorst killing me far too much, I enjoy playing on your server, so thanks for putting in the time and effort to maintain a nice populated server.

I hate making these long drawn out public posts that attract attention.  For some reason, pm's don't seem to have the same effect.  Please be nice or I'll set Lachesis on you.

Stay safe

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 1

#2 2020-11-10 00:25:47

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Re: this and that ra ta tat tat

Hi Butcher.

Welcome back. Bugging is a grey area, but it was dealt with appropriately in your Infantry mod, which by the way is great. Thanks for making it.

Have you heard of Lachesis recently? He just disappeared.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2020-11-10 00:54:07

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 86.0

Killer is a girl?

Ok, that explains a L O T smile

Last edited by Arkos (2020-11-10 00:57:01)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#4 2020-11-10 01:03:44

Timmos
Player
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Good old days

#5 2020-11-10 01:13:03

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

For normal and most of ur post u seem to be a wise man, but rest of ur thread just shows. I do not feel offended, even if u might have tried.  Nowadays since u came back ( lockdown is almost everywhere in Europe rn I think ), u also seem to be a troll. Changing nicks at the end of the round,  I dont think you will get much success with it, but  000 will give u +1 for this and surely on this post as well.   Sometimes I do whine about 000, you have missed a lot here what he does and also missed that he has ingame chat uninstalled, he just change nicks to insults  others, but ..

I am harrasing constantly other players on the server? Dude are you high? smile  What do u take? I want it also... You are horribly wrong, but thanks for fake report and all ur effort, visibly im lying in ur stomach. Jealousy maybe ? I know its weird to see really good players in this game still

Butcher wrote:

though and never intentionally bug, because it is sucky.

The final part ..  Excuse me ? Players maybe dont care, but since the day u came ( even with ur name TUNA and same IP, i was told about ur past etc ) You know this game very very well, you do constantly bug  to be unhittable and you are pretty much aware of it, so dont play this little game. If you were new, maybe i would trust you, but never like this. As i said, you pretty much know what u r doing and u doing it on purpose. No matter if its behind that little hill in Berlin map as Axis to rape Allies base, or behind sandbacks or whatever. That's funny really. Maybe get ur shit together and play normaly, if u think you are that good. Cyu smile

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#6 2020-11-10 01:13:43

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Android Chrome 86.0

What's this topic about? smile

#7 2020-11-10 01:20:05

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Black Mamba wrote:

Hi Butcher.

Welcome back. Bugging is a grey area, but it was dealt with appropriately in your Infantry mod, which by the way is great. Thanks for making it.

Have you heard of Lachesis recently? He just disappeared.

Hi Mamba.  Lache was talking about moving back to the middle east.  He deleted most of his online presence, and gave away his steam acc and went off the grid.  I think I have him on skype or whatsapp, so I'll give him a shout.

#8 2020-11-10 01:25:31

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 60.3

Lache left when I beat him in 1v1 9 times in a row.

#9 2020-11-10 01:28:30

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Sunshine wrote:

Love this, Sun smile You know how to make late nights better.

#10 2020-11-10 01:40:29

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

nämeless wrote:

Peace treaty

Trying to calm some egos down that target me in the server and create a more relaxed, pleasant atmosphere. 

Would like to know exactly what I can and can't do with the button "Z"  because it seems I keep getting kicked and banned. 

I use a VPN.  I consider that normal practice these days for home security reasons.  It's not some elaborate scheme to be anonymous.   Is that a punishable offense?

If you're one of the whiners and you don't want to accept my olive branch, just take it straight to admin.  Don't spam me in chat.  I don't want to uninstall it, it's useful for "sry for tk".

Hello Timmos, I definitely remember you.

If you're offended KILLER, I'm sorry again.  It just shows how things can get misconstrued over chat.  TBF you're a bit overkill in chat and it never seems to be positive.

#11 2020-11-10 01:42:53

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 86.0

nämeless wrote:

About a Butchers Mid Life Crysis smile

#12 2020-11-10 01:43:11

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Sunshine wrote:

It all makes sense now.

#13 2020-11-10 01:46:50

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Arkos wrote:
nämeless wrote:

About a Butchers Mid Life Crysis smile

...And a bit of attention seeking.  Still got the boyish looks though.

I just want to play on the server without hassle!

#14 2020-11-10 02:05:22

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

I said I am not. Read ... properly? smile

After all I have heard, seen etc you are a true veteran of this game and very known in infantry. Stop pretending to be innocent lmao. Ur expression, it makes me laugh, sorry. You came with " I hate making these threads ", but u take 20 minutes to write this novel and do it anyway. You said " I never intentionally bug, its cocky", yet you do it anyway on purpose. You said "I dont want to harass him", yet you did it like 10 times in ur last paragraph. 

Butcher wrote:

you're a bit overkill in chat and it never seems to be positive

Huum, again wrong. Im pretty much chill, I like to laugh and make jokes of every possible situation. We joke around a lot in the server when nice peopl are around. Im well known and I mostly have friendly terms in this community. I barely take anyone's name in my mouth excluding zero. Good try tho.

Butcher wrote:

Would like to know exactly what I can and can't do with the button "Z"

Eh, we forgot you never played this game before. What is inf .. shouldnt we teach you how to launch BF? I wonder what ur next post is gonna be.
And about ur comments that im not doing any well.  Well, I guess you noticed during ur spawnkiling from window that Allies were pretty much stacked with all decent players  while I was the only one who had balls to help Axis who were raped for like 25 minutes in e5 flag and couldnt make it further than behind first wall, yet still made it to 100 frags.  Maybe try to show some respect next time. Talking about ego from anyone like you, that was a good one. smile

#15 2020-11-10 02:16:16

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Can admin just pm me the answers to my questions and close the topic.  Cheers xD

#16 2020-11-10 02:17:48

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 86.0

There were questions?

Seemse i could not see the Forrest because of all those trees.

#17 2020-11-10 14:14:37

Timmos
Player
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

The fun part is, all the skill of the players nowadays have vanished.
If you compare the skills of players in the old days.

The game died, its a shame.

#18 2020-11-10 18:01:04

wasabi
Japan
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

You the same Butcher who used to play on Moon Omaha in like 2006?

#19 2020-11-10 19:40:04

petr8
don't leave
Windows 8.1 Firefox 81.0

Currently some of known VPN's are banned, check PM.

#20 2020-11-10 20:11:49

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

Timmos wrote:

bs, nostalgia, wishful thinking, coming from somebody who wasnt good at this game

a lot of players say this because they were noobish back in the days and easily impressed

the overall bf1942 highest skill level and emergence of best players, took place after 2013

#21 2020-11-10 21:58:18

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

wasabi wrote:

yes, its THE butcher

good to see some of the oldtimers back, brings perspective into the game

id like to see :

raptor22
drago
valento
lachesis
flasche

and similar ol'skoolers play regularly in simple too. but of course, it likely wont happen

the golden age of bf1942 has passed, and prolly wont ever return

#22 2020-11-10 22:08:36

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Pretty proud of my drunken rant.  Kicked, banned and spammed a gazillion times all week will do that to you!  Problem sorted now.

@Wasabi Yes, it is.  I remember running the beach with you, Lin, Pepe etc  Those were fun times :-)  From 04-06 it was Wagoogies, Bugs and Moongamers for some Omaha fix.  Covid has brought me back.

#23 2020-11-10 22:58:47

s/w
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:
wasabi wrote:

yes, its THE butcher

id like to see :

raptor22
drago
valento
lachesis
flasche

and similar ol'skoolers play regularly in simple too. but of course, it likely wont happen

The skill level is so low currently, that they would instantly get bored.

Especially  raptor (a.k.a Ëlf ) and drago. Only like 2-3 players stand a chance against them.

Though, I somehow have a feeling that drago will make a surprise comeback like last time.

#24 2020-11-10 23:50:48

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:
wasabi wrote:

yes, its THE butcher

id like to see :

raptor22
drago
valento
lachesis
flasche

One of these players was busted for having a DLL injector on his Desktop, guess who.

#25 2020-11-11 01:02:44

dary
Player
Website
Android Chrome 86.0

Ego is the biggest trickster. And getting rid of ego can be the biggest ego trip. big_smile Didn't you play in pas42? Was irritated by LegioX tag. And greetings to Lache, was fun playing with you two.

Last edited by dary (2020-11-11 01:09:31)

#26 2020-11-11 01:44:03

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

dary wrote:

Ego is the biggest trickster. And getting rid of ego can be the biggest ego trip. big_smile Didn't you play in pas42? Was irritated by LegioX tag. And greetings to Lache, was fun playing with you two.

Yep, we played in pas42 together briefly and was fun until life got in the way.  Haha  LegioX was very fun.  I think we have Doubti to thank for that one, he was the mastermind.  I don't think we'll see Lache again, unfortunately.  Nice vid edits btw, really enjoyed the last one.

#27 2020-11-11 14:27:27

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Black Mamba wrote:
BFSoldier 1 wrote:
wasabi wrote:

yes, its THE butcher

id like to see :

raptor22
drago
valento
lachesis
flasche

One of these players was busted for having a DLL injector on his Desktop, guess who.

My 3.5 years around havent been enough to get to know some of these better players, its a pitty, I would love to play against 'em.
Even though we still have many of "fat" players around and its a shame anybody barely gives a shit about it...Smh

Last edited by KILLER88 (2020-11-11 14:28:24)

#28 2020-11-11 15:26:11

dary
Player
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Butcher wrote:
dary wrote:

Yep, we played in pas42 together briefly and was fun until life got in the way.  Haha  LegioX was very fun.  I think we have Doubti to thank for that one, he was the mastermind.  I don't think we'll see Lache again, unfortunately.  Nice vid edits btw, really enjoyed the last one.

haha alright, and thx for feedback. will keep it that way... funny and some luck shots in between. tongue

#29 2020-11-11 18:31:24

ziba128
Website
Android Opera 60.3

Ah, that jumping serpent on GBZ... big_smile

#30 2020-11-12 11:22:46

Timmos
Player
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:
Timmos wrote:

bs, nostalgia, wishful thinking, coming from somebody who wasnt good at this game

a lot of players say this because they were noobish back in the days and easily impressed

the overall bf1942 highest skill level and emergence of best players, took place after 2013

Who are you?

Board footer