#1 2016-03-03 07:42:53

GoodDayToDie
Player
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

Flick is an Asshole Admin

Go ahead and tell us all what a scripter is and does.
What does it take to "script" expacks?
And how is that easier than doing it the real way?

Since you seem to know all about this form of hacking please, share with us the logistics.

I said GOODDAY SIR!!

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#2 2016-03-03 07:50:04

StarSky
Player
United States
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 48.0

Re: Flick is an Asshole Admin

Let me say that I have known goodday for years. This is literally the only game he plays and he plays it legit. He doesn't hack/script/mod what ever he doesn't even know how to do that. You might want to invest in some anticheat instead of some retard with a ban command...

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2016-03-03 17:57:30

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

Flick has been an Admin for a LONG time. Every human on this planet makes mistakes, even Admins. Lets say there was an error in something he said just for giggles. So the excellent method of working out an issue, would be to name the thread "Flick is an Asshole Admin" which is sure to take this in the direction of learning for everyone and working out an issue to a rightful end. It boils with arrogance. You do realize there are many other ways of taking a disagreement to Forum.
  Over the years Flick has put in more hours than most of the Admins and has learned many things here. Is there any reason this thread could not have begun in an entirely different manner than this and still get the good result in the end??? No Admin on this server asks for or demands respect. But the community here appreciates respect more than such negativity posted here. Can you try and word the issue in a manner that folks will actually take an interest to find the truth, rather than follow the drama in type?
  Being called assholes and retards does not make me want to try and work with a player making complaints at all. I would rather "Consider the Source" and walk away. It tastes more like Purple Cupcakes to walk away.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 1

#4 2016-03-03 21:12:29

JawBreaker
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 48.0

GoodDaytoDie is one of the greatest players in the history of this game, bar none. Period.

GoodDaytoDie is one of the greatest PEOPLE on the planet Earth.

I'd state my life on it.

I consider it a PRIVILEGE to play on a server with him. I came to this server .. because .. I saw GoodDaytoDie on it. And I wish to play with a man of that character. I quit the server I was on .. AND CAME HERE.

So, that I might play a game with GoodDaytoDie.

We don't have superstars in Battlefield 1942.

But if we did, he'd be Bo Motherfucking Jackson.

JB

Last edited by JawBreaker (2016-03-03 21:13:18)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#5 2016-03-03 21:27:59

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

If all this is true about Good Day to Die, then I certainly hope it all gets worked out, in responsible conversation, and then we will all welcome the best, one of the best, the absolute best and all levels of players here, seeking fun. In truth, thats why we all play here. For FUN!
Begin by posting this thread in the "Server Ban Appeals" section and from there, good things typically happen. Disagreements between Admins and players can be worked out there. Sometimes we ALL learn from some disagreements.
  And be aware, there are some pretty darned good players that frequent this server too. ALL of us would love to play against the best. We look forward to the education and learning experience. As long as they play clean. No cheats. No hacks. Come on down, play hard, play fun and kick our asses!!
:-)

#6 2016-03-03 21:43:17

JawBreaker
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 48.0

I founded and was Commanding Officer at CAL champion "Steal Rage". I had the greatest players in the game. We went undefeated. It was a privilege to command them.

I was the Commanding Officer at Reverence. We had in excess of 100 players in our clan. I had an officer corps of eight. They all reported directly to me.

I was the founder and Commanding Officer at First Army. We won the regular season championship in The 3FL. It was a privilege to command these fine men, mostly ex-military coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan. I had an officer corps of five. They reported directly to me.

I was founder and Commanding Officer of the last great clan of Battlefield 1942. We had WACArnold. We had STEVIE_WONDER. We had every great player in the history of this game. It was an All-Star team  .. survivors from the great clans of days gone by. I commanded these men in matches and set strategy. Like I have done for championship teams in the past, it was a joy to be at the controls of an intricate ballet of INTENSE talent. We went undefeated in 26 consecutive matches. So, we quit. It was over. We had defeated them all. With prejudice.

GoodDaytoDie is superior to 99% of all players I ever commanded, ever.

He is 100% unequivocally clean.

I know EVERYBODY in this game. EVERYBODY. I know what they do. I know what they've done. I know every place they've played on a competitive team.

The man plays a clean game of Battlefield 1942.

If he kills you, you needed killin'.

Straight Up.

JawBreaker
Commanding Officer
Founder
Steal Rage
Reverence
First Army
APC!

Last edited by JawBreaker (2016-03-03 21:45:41)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#7 2016-03-03 22:05:49

twigs
Player
United States
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 48.0

Not a surprise. If flick doesn't like you, he just removes you from the server. He is a corrupt admin who has banned me once(got unbanned shortly after) and kicked me twice without any proof for anything. He calls me a cheater and glitcher, and is completely disrespectful to me and other players in the server. (Sometimes just because people kill him). I totally understand GoodDaytoDie's anger towards this guy. He is nowhere near fit to be admin, I don't care how long hes been an admin for. He does more harm to the server than good in my opinion. I'm confident in saying I have been completely fair and respectful to all admins, and the only one I have a problem with is Flick. Wonder why that is? Mistakes do happen, but these aren't mistakes. He is fully aware of what he is doing, and it's wrong. I had no problems with Flick until he started insulting me and kicking me from the server. I have a feeling his admin days will be ending shortly smile - lop|twigsson

Last edited by twigs (2016-03-03 22:10:44)

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 2

#8 2016-03-03 22:10:04

Whoopz
Denmark
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 48.0

Well, no news here. Flick wants to ban anyone better than him, including my clan.
Now he's banning the older players too...

Last edited by Whoopz (2016-03-03 22:12:21)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#9 2016-03-03 22:14:01

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 13.10586

JawBreaker wrote:

GoodDaytoDie is one of the greatest players in the history of this game, bar none. Period.

GoodDaytoDie is one of the greatest PEOPLE on the planet Earth.

I'd state my life on it.

I consider it a PRIVILEGE to play on a server with him. I came to this server .. because .. I saw GoodDaytoDie on it. And I wish to play with a man of that character. I quit the server I was on .. AND CAME HERE.

So, that I might play a game with GoodDaytoDie.

We don't have superstars in Battlefield 1942.

But if we did, he'd be Bo Motherfucking Jackson.

JB

I have to say I find your comments, if they are to be believed, an insult to the rest of the people on this planet.  So you came here to play with GoodDaytoDie and yes it was a privilege for you and not a right but I am not sure that Bo Motherfucking Jackson even plays this game.

smile

#10 2016-03-03 22:15:49

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

JawBreaker wrote:

I founded and was Commanding Officer at CAL champion "Steal Rage". I had the greatest players in the game. We went undefeated. It was a privilege to command them.

I was the Commanding Officer at Reverence. We had in excess of 100 players in our clan. I had an officer corps of eight. They all reported directly to me.

I was the founder and Commanding Officer at First Army. We won the regular season championship in The 3FL. It was a privilege to command these fine men, mostly ex-military coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan. I had an officer corps of five. They reported directly to me.

I was founder and Commanding Officer of the last great clan of Battlefield 1942. We had WACArnold. We had STEVIE_WONDER. We had every great player in the history of this game. It was an All-Star team  .. survivors from the great clans of days gone by. I commanded these men in matches and set strategy. Like I have done for championship teams in the past, it was a joy to be at the controls of an intricate ballet of INTENSE talent. We went undefeated in 26 consecutive matches. So, we quit. It was over. We had defeated them all. With prejudice.

I know EVERYBODY in this game. EVERYBODY. I know what they do. I know what they've done. I know every place they've played on a competitive team.

Straight Up.

JawBreaker
Commanding Officer
Founder
Steal Rage
Reverence
First Army
APC!

Is this for real!!!?????

#11 2016-03-03 23:45:14

JawBreaker
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 48.0

twigs wrote:

- lop|twigsson

S'up twigs ..

JB

Last edited by JawBreaker (2016-03-03 23:45:46)

#12 2016-03-04 03:59:09

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 7 Waterfox 44.0

Thanks for starting the post GoodDay.

I apologize for using the incorrect terminology. I should have said keybinding.  See the Logitech keyboard  G105 for example  @ http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/produc … g-keyboard (which is one of several different brands) that enables players to do several moves in one keystroke. So when you see someone making several moves that ordinarily take multiple key strokes and a fairly set amount of time to make and doing them with blazing speed, now you know why. 

FotS

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#13 2016-03-04 04:03:14

Archer!
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

I have had computers/server connections where I could throw an expack, jump, switch to plunger and blow it while almost still in the air.  I have seen other expert engineers do the same.  I cannot presently replicate this action on my computer and connection.

Congrats Goodday.

#14 2016-03-04 05:21:38

SpacePotato
Player

GoodDayToDie wrote:

Flick is an Asshole Admin

Go ahead and tell us all what a scripter is and does.
What does it take to "script" expacks?
And how is that easier than doing it the real way?

Since you seem to know all about this form of hacking please, share with us the logistics.

I said GOODDAY SIR!!

8917a8deb8c7e4727eab8b56f0687d7b30999dc929c01e16109ecb6fbba7566f.jpg

Last edited by SpacePotato (2016-03-04 05:22:07)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#15 2016-03-04 06:13:02

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

(BB)DinkW wrote:
JawBreaker wrote:

Straight Up.

JawBreaker
Commanding Officer
Founder
Steal Rage
Reverence
First Army
APC!

Is this for real!!!?????

Total joke.

#16 2016-03-04 08:27:02

joint
Ukraine
Windows 7 Maxthon 4.9

(BB)DinkW wrote:
JawBreaker wrote:

Straight Up.

JawBreaker
Commanding Officer
Founder
Steal Rage
Reverence
First Army
APC!

Is this for real!!!?????

lol it is always hard to say, he could be wounded, or a victims of a goverment lsd experement, you know..
hello, JB

#17 2016-03-04 13:15:12

Winston Smith
New Zealand
iOS Safari 9.0

JawBreaker wrote:

Straight Up.

JawBreaker
Commanding Officer
Founder
Steal Rage
Reverence
First Army
APC!

You sound like Idi Amin: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular". 

No one took him seriously either.   I believe he died eating oranges in Saudi Arabia.

#18 2016-03-04 16:40:43

tiger
Troll
Hong Kong
Windows XP Safari

see, such pile of shitty crap just 've got infinite chances here, but flatterer(s) still claims that: oh lets learn from mistake, consider dictators' effort and time paid, be polite when you beg for unban from dictators blah blah blah...

#19 2016-03-04 17:25:51

Oscar Goldman
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

I have played this game for a long time as well.

When I win the powerball, I will hire a coder to fix the problem of deploying the exp pack and then switching to the plunger.  As it stands, unless it is pack number 4, it takes a unbearably long time.

There are some players I encounter that we can deploy the pack at the same time, but they beat me to the plunge.  Maybe they always throw 3 packs and I always catch them on number 4.  Maybe it is a key bind.

On the one hand, congrats if you figured out how to deploy, plunge and bail with one key. On the other hand, since the game was configured to be three key presses in the code, keybinding gives an unfair advantage.

I ask, if you can play the game, can't you play the game well on just about any computer with any configuration, or does one always need 'tricks' or 'enhancements'?

I am not saying GoodDay or anyone else is using keybinds.  I am speaking more theoretical.  However, the fact that some do, and they come on the SiMPLE server and run off the public, it is a SiMPLE server admin issue.

Is banning/kicking the answer? Well, obviously not, because we still have the issue.

If there is a pilot that is unstoppable, I will ask them to consider doing something else in game.  Are they hacking? It's not that, it's just I see person after person leaving the server after being killed by the pilot.  Am I wrong in asking them to stop abusing the players on SiMPLE?  I think not. If that pilot runs off all the players 'just doing their thing,' then it is within a SiMPLE server admin right to ask them to take their thing elsewhere (like, their own server, with no people on it, because they care not to be abused).

Look, we all know this is a dying game.  I ask myself, what can I do to keep it alive.  Keeping the playing field even is my answer. I have had many conversations with many of the admins and public on this matter.  I believe this is where Flick comes from. I believe his intentions are pure. I understand why some don't. I also am aware that overzealous admins can destroy a game.

There is no more PunkBuster updates for BF1942.  There is no check for keybinds anyway.

To those of you that do use key binds, that are excellent pilots that can empty a server, let me ask you, is there a better solution that SiMPLE admins should use? I am stuck on this issue, and I don't find it useful to criticize without offering an alternative.

tiger is a good example of a clueless critic that has a lot of complaints, without solutions.  I have asked on a couple of occasions what is his endgame, if he does not play on the server, and can't stand us, why he comes and iterates issues, offering no solutions.

I have a feeling that tiger may be Mr. Well Done. Well Done can't accept the fact that I will kick him when he breaks the rules, and I will support his with all my skill as an engy when he is in a tank playing by the rules. 

Well Done has no issues TK'ing when he feels someone is not using an asset the way he believes it to be used, and then says 'see, you deserved it for not listening to me.' 

So during you bitching, think, what happens when this game goes away? Assholes like tiger will find a new game to ruin.  I just wont play.  This is my only game, and I don't plan to become addicted to a new one when tiger, well done, and keybinders/hackers finally kill this game.  Is this the ultimate goal for these discussions and actions, to kill the game?

Last edited by Oscar Goldman (2016-03-04 17:27:17)

Positive reputation 8   Negative reputation 1

#20 2016-03-04 17:57:54

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

Well said Oscar, I have your back all the way.

I have no idea if players are using fancy keyboards for key binding.

If they are I think it's unfair on a public server. (some think hardware improvements are ok)
I'm sure a super fast computer and one of those 144hz monitors would help and I think that kind of help is ok.

However keybinds on a public server that new players have no idea about is bad sportsmanship.

We use to call them 'script kiddies" and we considered it cheap play.

:Beer:
Blade

#21 2016-03-04 18:25:27

GoodDayToDie
Player
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

Flick is probably a great person. Just an awful admin.
His approach to me was disrespectful and full of assumption.
It might very well have been the 4th expack. I do like to load 3 in a jeep for car bombs and save the last one for back up.
However, considering that I have known Flick for years and that I have never had issues with cheating or hacking, he could have asked me politely what was going on.

Have a good day everyone and don't forget....  http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4051

#22 2016-03-04 18:29:56

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

And you don't find the title of this thread at all disrespectful?

Strange that smile

#23 2016-03-04 19:18:00

SpacePotato
Player

GoodDayToDie wrote:

Flick is probably a great person. Just an awful admin.

Stop making me wish I had 3 hands to facepalm with.

Last edited by SpacePotato (2016-03-04 19:18:15)

#24 2016-03-04 21:06:25

twigs
Player
United States
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 48.0

Oscar Goldman wrote:

If there is a pilot that is unstoppable, I will ask them to consider doing something else in game.  Are they hacking? It's not that, it's just I see person after person leaving the server after being killed by the pilot.  Am I wrong in asking them to stop abusing the players on SiMPLE?  I think not. If that pilot runs off all the players 'just doing their thing,' then it is within a SiMPLE server admin right to ask them to take their thing elsewhere (like, their own server, with no people on it, because they care not to be abused).

Look, we all know this is a dying game.  I ask myself, what can I do to keep it alive.  Keeping the playing field even is my answer. I have had many conversations with many of the admins and public on this matter.  I believe this is where Flick comes from. I believe his intentions are pure. I understand why some don't. I also am aware that overzealous admins can destroy a game.

I think most people don't have the intention to kill the server by killing people. Not everyone has the same skill level and that's part of video games. I for one play the game to have fun, and to me the most fun is getting good scores on public. I find the competitiveness that BF42 has brought to be interesting and one of the best parts. Even after 14 years it remains a competitive game. Its also no doubt that the skill level has decreased over the years, especially in public play. Any average to good player can have success on public depending on how you play. I don't think those who have dedicated their time to improve and enjoy putting a little more effort into the game should have to worry about "trying to hard" so they don't get removed from the server. I think possibiliy the admin should ask a more well known good player to even the teams a bit if they are uneven skill wise. Or to back off to give the other team a more fair chance in case they are struggling to get out of their main base or something of sorts. You're always going to have the great players, the average players, and the total noobs. But with practice and time a noob can become a great player smile You just got to make the effort.

#25 2016-03-04 22:16:39

Viitapiru
Administrator
Finland
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

Or just add "noobs only" to server name like I suggested on that Icefag$ case? Then the admins can kick any too skilled players off and it would be no problemo at all here.

Nah, seriously. People have different skill levels in this game and unfortunately there are also cheaters that make admin work a bit harder. After playing couple of rounds on USA server I have to say that the general skill level is indeed lower than on FRA server so the skilled players actually really stick out there and this might come as a shock for the newer admins or admins who have never played competitive matches before. You should collect some real video evidence and post it on admin section for the more experienced people to evaluate...

#26 2016-03-04 22:24:17

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

Powerful and well said Oscar.
Please quit your damned job and run for President before we end up with a Commander in Chief with the backbone of tiger.
In the end, seems to me Flick made a good decision, based on keybinding, IF it was used and yes, as usual in a conflict, some of us learn from this thread. Perhaps I am alone but I doubt it.
Course there are those that do not learn, even if they have never experienced this before. Cant teach stupid now can we.
THANKS Oscar for the eloquence in your well thought out words.
I got the next round at  "The Baah"!!!

Blade, the entire reason why folks use cheats and hacks, is like trying to analyze WHY a senior kid in High School, wants to beat a Kindergarten kid. Its the concept of disgusting advantage over others, to feel good. Its a foreign understanding to rationale.
We as typical human beings, do not understand this thought pattern. I prefer to hang with like minded folks.
Most of the good folks have generous genitalia. The ones that use those advantages, I see were dealt the short hand in life and this is how they find their smiles and happiness. Testicular strangleitis.
Welcome to the human race. Kinda strange is it not?
LMSAO!!!

I hope this thread closes with anyone of value to the community, VALUE being the keyword, recognizing what this conflict means and has shown. And may the community hang on to the last player as it may be. Oh and "Player" ALSO being a keyword!!!
Sometimes conflict is good. Today it was.

Oscar Goldman wrote:

I have played this game for a long time as well.

When I win the powerball, I will hire a coder to fix the problem of deploying the exp pack and then switching to the plunger.  As it stands, unless it is pack number 4, it takes a unbearably long time.

There are some players I encounter that we can deploy the pack at the same time, but they beat me to the plunge.  Maybe they always throw 3 packs and I always catch them on number 4.  Maybe it is a key bind.

On the one hand, congrats if you figured out how to deploy, plunge and bail with one key. On the other hand, since the game was configured to be three key presses in the code, keybinding gives an unfair advantage.

I ask, if you can play the game, can't you play the game well on just about any computer with any configuration, or does one always need 'tricks' or 'enhancements'?

I am not saying GoodDay or anyone else is using keybinds.  I am speaking more theoretical.  However, the fact that some do, and they come on the SiMPLE server and run off the public, it is a SiMPLE server admin issue.

Is banning/kicking the answer? Well, obviously not, because we still have the issue.

There is no more PunkBuster updates for BF1942.  There is no check for keybinds anyway.

To those of you that do use key binds, that are excellent pilots that can empty a server, let me ask you, is there a better solution that SiMPLE admins should use? I am stuck on this issue, and I don't find it useful to criticize without offering an alternative.

tiger is a good example of a clueless critic that has a lot of complaints, without solutions.  I have asked on a couple of occasions what is his endgame, if he does not play on the server, and can't stand us, why he comes and iterates issues, offering no solutions.

I have a feeling that tiger may be Mr. Well Done. Well Done can't accept the fact that I will kick him when he breaks the rules, and I will support his with all my skill as an engy when he is in a tank playing by the rules. 

Well Done has no issues TK'ing when he feels someone is not using an asset the way he believes it to be used, and then says 'see, you deserved it for not listening to me.' 

So during you bitching, think, what happens when this game goes away? Assholes like tiger will find a new game to ruin.  I just wont play.  This is my only game, and I don't plan to become addicted to a new one when tiger, well done, and keybinders/hackers finally kill this game.  Is this the ultimate goal for these discussions and actions, to kill the game?

Last edited by Pleiades53 (2016-03-04 22:54:30)

#27 2016-03-04 22:43:59

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

Oscar Goldman wrote:

When I win the powerball, I will hire a coder to fix the problem of deploying the exp pack and then switching to the plunger.

meep i fixed this years ago, ill give you the code if you want it.

#28 2016-03-04 23:06:29

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

LoL Bud smile..........If Oscar gets the code I hope he remembers us. wink

:Beer:
Blade

#29 2016-03-05 02:05:52

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 7 Waterfox 44.0

twigs wrote:
Oscar Goldman wrote:

I think most people don't have the intention to kill the server by killing people. Not everyone has the same skill level and that's part of video games. I for one play the game to have fun, and to me the most fun is getting good scores on public. I find the competitiveness that BF42 has brought to be interesting and one of the best parts. Even after 14 years it remains a competitive game. Its also no doubt that the skill level has decreased over the years, especially in public play. Any average to good player can have success on public depending on how you play. I don't think those who have dedicated their time to improve and enjoy putting a little more effort into the game should have to worry about "trying to hard" so they don't get removed from the server. I think possibiliy the admin should ask a more well known good player to even the teams a bit if they are uneven skill wise. Or to back off to give the other team a more fair chance in case they are struggling to get out of their main base or something of sorts. You're always going to have the great players, the average players, and the total noobs. But with practice and time a noob can become a great player smile You just got to make the effort.

I absolutely agree that not everyone has the same skill level. Myself, I limited to mostly playing in a tank. I'm an average at best pilot, followed up by a my ground game. If we are on a even playing field and you kill me, then good job. Where I don't agree, is in the fact that you and many other people are not playing on skill alone. If you think that myself and others who have played this game from the beginning can't tell the difference you are mistaken. So, you can call me an asshole or a bad admin or whatever you want, it still doesn't change the fact that your skill level is a direct result of an exploit.  At least I can say I am an above average player who doesn't have to cheat to help my team win.  When you state that your fun revolves around getting good scores, it doesn't surprise me that you use exploits to get that "good score" so you can have fun. It's the attitude of "screw everyone else, as long as I am having fun".

FotS

#30 2016-03-05 02:17:18

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

Geeze just drop it Flick.  This thread means squat...the title says it all.  Not a title made by an adult...in mind anyway.

This thread typify's the way these forums are moderated....to drive traffic.

Board footer