#31 2015-11-01 16:54:54

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Re: worst hackcusator ever

PitViper wrote:
Catpain_Blackadder wrote:

and also have bailed and been killed by my own bomb.  And sometimes my chute just wouldn't open, no matter how many times I hit the "8" key smile.

Cat in pain...how on earth do you get blown up by your own bomb? tongue

Usually it's when attacking an AA gun and drop my bomb near the ground just as the AA has damaged my plane down to almost no HP bars.  At that point bailing is kind of a reflex action, but ends up pretty much the same as bailing too low with the added bonus of -3 points.

PitViper wrote:

Chutes wont open at X altitude no matter how many times you press the button.

Especially when I'm hitting "8" instead of "9!" yikes

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#32 2015-11-02 01:19:00

lonewolf-mcquade
Player
United States
Website
Windows XP Firefox 41.0

BOS - Thanks for the sincere offer. However, That tactic isn't something that interests me. I'm certain I could learn it, and the consistent medals would be a brag to some, but it doesn't seem much fun and tends to tangibly stifle/disrupt maps for others. I play Tookie and Pleaides a lot actually and thoroughly enjoy the back & forth even when they wipe me out. They bring a lot to the server in terms of great game play, and being just being consistently decent people to hang out (and chat) with. Good on them!

Dinks is spot-on about bailing in general. I've always felt like it's the opponents job to seal-the-deal and your job to stay alive to fight. If you bail and can cap a flag, defend a fellow player, etc to advance the team goals with that ticket, then you're doing things right IMO. Recognizing that, is probably also a matter of sportsmanship.

The other ad hominem comments on me were a bit much for such a brief post about tactics, but whatever works I guess. Anyhoo... Game on!

Last edited by lonewolf-mcquade (2015-11-02 01:22:46)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#33 2015-11-02 01:29:11

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 46.0

LMAO!!!

Last edited by Dakota (2015-11-02 01:31:12)

#34 2015-11-02 04:28:15

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 47.0

Oscar Goldman wrote:

Ohhh, I get it now. Deathbailer.

I just laugh at them.  It's a game! Who cares what someone else does (on the other team)? You are trying to make sure the team wins!

It is kinda silly though. I would have bailed after him with my chute only to find the dead body! Doh!

I used to care, now as soon as the plane catches fire I'm done and I consider it a kill. If they want to bail, fine, I probably won't see them again for a while.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#35 2015-11-04 09:26:46

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 46.0

I play on a Forgotten Hope (BF1942 mod) server with a rule against bailing without a chute, because they have special "Pilot" kits that are the only way to get a chute (the only weapons in that kit are a pistol and maybe a knife).  I can't think any case on standard games that a pilot wouldn't have a chute, though.

I do agree some pilots might bail without hope of survival, out of spite.  However, there are reasons a pilot might bail to his death unintentionally, and I can give examples of them happening to me.  I've bailed when I didn't realize I was too close to the ground, and also have bailed and been killed by my own bomb.  And sometimes my chute just wouldn't open, no matter how many times I hit the "8" key smile.

changed my chute from 9 key to t key   so I can bail at will without hunting for that damn number key....

#36 2015-11-04 23:18:16

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 41.0

ATF_SurrenderMonkey wrote:

changed my chute from 9 key to t key   so I can bail at will without hunting for that damn number key....

Hmm, does that have the added bonus of preventing unwanted tooltip activation?

#37 2015-11-05 03:22:00

Oscar Goldman
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

I moved the toolkit button a long time ago!

#38 2015-11-05 06:26:54

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 46.0

ATF_SurrenderMonkey wrote:

changed toolkit from "t" to "9"..........

#39 2015-11-05 23:02:37

Archer!
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

I actually play with Tool Tips on...  I'm special that way...

Last edited by Archer! (2015-11-05 23:02:57)

#40 2015-11-06 04:49:17

Ks Myaz
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 46.0

Archer! wrote:

I actually play with Tool Tips on...  I'm special that way...

Why doesn't that surprise me Archer?

And Karma, read my name and take it literally ;-)

#41 2015-11-06 06:53:19

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 46.0

Ks Myaz wrote:

And Karma, read my name and take it literally ;-)

All I got to do is angle up a wee bit from a place to shoot to hit ur azz. tongue

Last edited by PitViper (2015-11-06 06:54:35)

#42 2015-11-08 17:15:56

Count ComBat
Player
Germany
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

have chute @ q-hey, works also fine, one can use the left ring-finger without the need to leave the wasd-key-area ..
dont use all views but i have those i need @ xcv for the same reason - and left-shift to look around.. well whatever..

to come back to the original topic: theres another suckin hackcusator, name is "mitsein zum todä", he isnt that often @ simple us, met him yesterday afternoon again after a while, but if hes in game he always also comes with hackcusations whenever hes gettin killed, really always, if one reply something he immediatelly turns to bad abuses, after those few words he knows in english he always turns to polish i guess, no idea what he babbles there but i bet its the worst lang one can imagine.. tbh im totally fed up with those "players", not because im too thin-skinned - usually it takes a long time before i reply to those morons - but as i think simple-servers just dont need those buttheads, especially because they obviously just dont want to change their poor behaviour!

I do like to play @ us because its not so overcrowded and therefore a more chilly gameplay with less players, and i do like all admins @ simple us, if they witness such things or if one reports in those matters some do react promtly, with some it takes a little longer, sometimes theres no reaction no matter how often one reports whatever, but thats all ok, usually all admins do a very good job imo, n i also do know the difficulties of this job from fra-server, instead of a dozend bots and a few players there are always at least 20-30 + players, sometimes its hard to keep the overview and therefore it takes a while now n then to check out each n all, no question.. and sure before a ban there basically should be a lot of warnings and kicks, not ok thou is that those suckin players can come back again n again just to keep on doing the shit they appearently have to do, no idea for what reason, im totally sick of all the blääh-bläähhh.. to use this ignore-command is also no solution, as there is somewhere a red line, and imho these wee-pees should be warned and consequently banned for some days if they just refuse to change their poor attitudes.. i know theres a lack of players especially in the afternoons @ eurotime, but honestly, does us-simple really need such sickos as players?

Afaic if this continues i gotta stay out of there, those "players" arent worth to play with..

Last edited by Count ComBat (2015-11-08 17:29:59)

Board footer