#1 2015-10-06 05:13:49

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Player "OLD GREGG"

Current game on Bocage, USA server, generally disruptive behavior.  He started out with radio spam, I think he team wounded someone else, then he kept standing in front of my AA gun.  After I had moved away for a half a minute he shot me for a TW (on main base), then I got a plane and he expacked me for a TK when I was taking off.  Then when I asked for an admin he claimed he was one (I know he isn't).

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2015-10-06 05:51:28

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Re: Player "OLD GREGG"

After I posted that I went back to the game (assigned to Axis instead of Allies this time) and noticed he had a score that indicated he had at least 6 TKs (I think it was -5 points and 13 kills).  Later it looked like he had reconnected after being disconnected or auto-kicked, because he had -3 points and 0 kills, so he had at least 7 TKs in that game, plus whatever disruptions he may have caused.  After I went back he seemed to have calmed down a bit, because he had moved off the Allied main.

I then got some payback in a sniper duel across the river by the windmill, two kills for me, none for him (he could only kill me when I was on the same team, apparently).

#3 2015-10-06 07:10:57

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11.0

sorry...I didn't get into game until 9ish (pdt) and he was gone by then.  Will remember the name...just think of the Brady Bunch....
now, hope that song isn't stuck in your head!

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#4 2015-10-06 14:36:09

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

He is an "odd" player. Sometimes he plays straight and other times he plays like a child. He may be young or adolescent but he certainly understands the rules. The last time I kicked him, when he returned he played straight while I was on. He will likely require a ban next time. Couple of days to either grow up or ask an adult how to behave here.
  As for the song stuck in my head..........yes of COURSE those accursed lyrics are swimming in the tiny cranium.....
dammit.

#5 2015-10-06 15:39:52

oldgregg
Player
Canada
Windows 8.1 Firefox 41.0

Just cause you see a minus score doesn't mean its a TK. I do a lot of suicide deaths which leaves with me with a kill and -3. Your report is unfounded from last nights activity.

#6 2015-10-06 16:41:34

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 41.0

oldgregg wrote:

Just cause you see a minus score doesn't mean its a TK. I do a lot of suicide deaths which leaves with me with a kill and -3. Your report is unfounded from last nights activity.

I'm willing to believe that some of his -3s may have come from suicide deaths if he blew himself up along with teammates.

I mentioned his score to illustrate what was going on.  Of the at least 21 negative points in that game, at least 3 of them were for when I was taking off in a P-51 and heard the sound of an expack blowing up my plane, followed by "Catpain Blackadder is no more," and "OLD GREGG killed a teammate."  Add to that the incident that occurred a minute or two before, when he shot me as I was running by him (and the other stuff I mentioned), and I think most people can figure out what was going on.  You just don't accidentally do these kinds of things, especially on the uncapturable main base where there are no enemies around.

#7 2015-10-07 00:24:50

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

oldgregg wrote:

Your report is unfounded from last nights activity.

You sure about that...tell us where you sit today?

#8 2015-10-07 02:27:14

Oscar Goldman
United States
iOS Safari 8.0

I have kicked him before. I don't believe he joins the server to play the game.

Disruptive, and chatting in all caps (and not playing).

#9 2015-10-07 06:52:06

Archer!
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Anyone that plays as Old Gregg... I mean come on... cut 'it' some slack...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OW7OVn9liA

#10 2015-10-07 11:54:36

NaNi
Player
Iceland
Windows 8.1 Chrome 45.0

I have something to add to this discussion. I was playing Wake the other day (Simple France server) and I landed my plane on the airfield to repair it. This Old Gregg guy runs up to the plane with his screw kit open so I assume he is going to help me repair it. He then enters the plane and just takes off. When he is clearly not responding to my "bail out" commands I landmine the plane.

For the remainder of the round he is following me around trying to teamkill me. He is clearly a disruptive player that deserves to be banned for a while.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#11 2015-10-08 02:25:51

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

Yes that was a pubescent move...don't bring yourself down to his level...that would have been an intentional TK on your part.

#12 2015-10-08 21:38:57

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Yes that was a pubescent move...

I so wish I had worded it that way when I suggested that he may be an adolescent.......

#13 2015-10-08 21:55:50

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States

Old Gregg was banned for three days by me on October 7, 10:17pm pdt on Market Garden for disrupting game play.  No warning.  Let's see if he posts or improves gameplay after a few days off.

#14 2015-10-08 23:04:48

Oscar Goldman
United States
iOS Safari 8.0

Good work Chim Chim!

#15 2015-10-09 00:50:05

oldgregg
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

The problem I have is that you admins are not investigating things properly, someone says something and you immediately blame, warn, kick or ban me. I admit I have been a complete shit disturber but I can play "the right way."

Yesterday, I play the right way for a few games yet when someone with a vendetta randomly says "KICK OLD GREGG....HE TAXI" and I get banned. Yet, when in fact, I WAS WALKING to a plane. That bothers me, a good admin must be unbiased and look at cases objectively, rather than satisfying the desire of one person who is upset because I beat them to the plane. Then of course, I say someone does something against the rule and I get a warning "OLD GREGG DON'T PLAY DISRUPTIVE" which ends up with me getting fed up and going out to be a jackass on purpose to cause actions that are actually deserving of the kick / ban.

You want me to play fair and by the rules, then I will you can count on that however the expectations should be held to the same standard for whomever the admin is to correctly police the game.  Far too often someone who is a non-admin seems to be telling the admin what to do, and that's not an effective way to manage the game.

#16 2015-10-09 01:12:59

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

I don't know any admins around here that do that.  After you have shown the aptitude to be a disrupter( yes a custom word)...we are aggressive.  You will get no warning. 

What I did not say to you in my PM was....I watched you myself...for quite a while...I'm not going to list the crap you did...I did not like most of what I saw...you looked like the poster child of disruption. 
You do not get to play 75% fair...25% disruptive....or any ratio for that matter. You can generate any reason you want to play that way...it's not going to fly.

As far as your "opinion" on how this server is managed....you know what you can do with that sir.

#17 2015-10-09 01:16:37

Oscar Goldman
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

I had a discussion on Team Speak with someone who had a "bad" reputation.  I asked "why don't you switch game names and start fresh?"

As far as I am concerned, there is no statute of limitations for being "a complete shit disturber." I don't care that you got banned based on a comment from the peanut gallery. When you have a reputation, admins are allowed to air on the side of caution to maintain a positive environment.

I love the new message on the server: "Do your part to make this a fun place to play."

So OLD GREGG, what are you doing to make it so?  You just log on and abuse the hospitality then cry foul when it catches up to you? I have no pity for you.

Ciao

#18 2015-10-09 01:19:34

Oscar Goldman
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

PitViper wrote:

As far as your "opinion" on how this server is managed....you know what you can do with that sir.

I agree with the statement, except maybe the last word. "Sir" is a term of respect.  Since OLD GREGG seems to have none, I don't see why Simple should respect him.

However, thanks PitViper (a.k.a. Karma) for getting involved.

#19 2015-10-09 02:01:58

oldgregg
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

I've not asked to be banned or unbanned. I don't cry foul, I don't think you can accurately use that statement.

However, YES! you are correct OLD GREGG is the devil. The lynch mob mentality rules, one can only hope such mindset doesn't find it's way into real leadership. Some of the best advice I have received in life is to ignore what someone says about someone else, and it is far better to formulate your own opinions and assessments of people - based on real interactions.

I have been a shit disturber, no doubt, I am surprised that such a minor occurrence from shooting a cry baby  in the back once is the incident to draw the attention. At the very least, I assumed some of the more diabolical, well planned work would have been highlighted upon my departure.

Would it be a fair comment to say that some really need to not take this game so seriously?

#20 2015-10-09 03:03:00

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

oldgregg wrote:

Would it be a fair comment to say that some really need to not take this game so seriously?

What would be fair to say is that you are in no position to determine or account for how serious anyone other than you take this game.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#21 2015-10-09 04:28:48

Oscar Goldman
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

oldgregg wrote:

The problem I have is that you admins are not investigating things properly....

...yet when someone with a vendetta randomly says "KICK OLD GREGG....HE TAXI" and I get banned. Yet, when in fact, I WAS WALKING to a plane. That bothers me, a good admin must be unbiased and look at cases objectively....

I classify this as crying foul. The fact that you don't is a disconnect in your thinking process, IMO.

#22 2015-10-09 06:16:53

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States

oldgregg wrote:

The problem I have is that you admins are not investigating things properly, someone says something and you immediately blame, warn, kick or ban me. I admit I have been a complete shit disturber but I can play "the right way.".

Your assumption that I did not investigate properly and was not spectating you up until the ban is completely erroneous.

oldgregg wrote:

Yesterday, I play the right way for a few games yet when someone with a vendetta randomly says "KICK OLD GREGG....HE TAXI" and I get banned. Yet, when in fact, I WAS WALKING to a plane. That bothers me, a good admin must be unbiased and look at cases objectively, rather than satisfying the desire of one person who is upset because I beat them to the plane......

You were banned for disruptive game playing, not for taxing.  That would have been a different command.

oldgregg wrote:

Then of course, I say someone does something against the rule and I get a warning "OLD GREGG DON'T PLAY DISRUPTIVE" which ends up with me getting fed up and going out to be a jackass on purpose to cause actions that are actually deserving of the kick / ban.......

Well, you admit to being disruptive, I can't comment on the jackass portion but I believe you.

oldgregg wrote:

You want me to play fair and by the rules, then I will you can count on that however the expectations should be held to the same standard for whomever the admin is to correctly police the game.  Far too often someone who is a non-admin seems to be telling the admin what to do, and that's not an effective way to manage the game.

Awesome.  We will count on you to play fair and follow the rules.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#23 2015-10-09 17:41:23

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 41.0

#24 2015-10-09 19:35:04

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States
Windows Vista Internet Explorer 9.0

Old Gregg,

Are you still banned at Moongamers?

#25 2015-10-10 02:30:10

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

Pleiades53 wrote:

I so wish I had worded it that way when I suggested that he may be an adolescent.......

I just wanted to say "pube" tongue  Otherwise I would have worded it your way.

#26 2015-10-10 03:43:08

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States

Hello Pitviper,

I like the way you laid down the law with “ol’gregg”, it was delightful.

”After you have shown the aptitude to be a disrupter( yes a custom word)...we are aggressive. You will get no warning.”

Your ”custom” word “disrupter” is a well-deserved moniker you applied to “ol’gregg”. By the short definition “disrupter” is a person who disturbs and causes trouble. That word “disrupter” packs a load of meaning. Here are the synonyms for “disrupter”.

Anarchist, demagogue, firebrand, leftist, malcontent, propagandist, racial, reactionary, troublemaker, zealot, advocate, agent, champion, dissident, dogmatic, fighter, fomenter, heretic, incendiary, inciter

Looks like just about anything with a negative connotation can be applied. I got one, solitaire. That is what “ol,gregg”  will be playing if you ban him permanently.

#27 2015-10-10 07:35:23

bidji91
France
Android Chrome 45.0

"Synonyms"

#28 2015-10-10 17:02:15

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 8.1 Chrome 45.0

I was not so sure the spelling, for THIS site was not: pyoob...............
:-)

PitViper wrote:
Pleiades53 wrote:

I just wanted to say "pube" tongue  Otherwise I would have worded it your way.

#29 2015-10-10 19:37:36

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States

According to Archer's timely contribution to this thread “ol’Gregg” must have a pubescent Man-gina, at least he doesn’t need a flashlight.

#30 2015-10-11 03:52:45

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States

Oscar,

Surrender Monkey is not French, a more appropriate name would be, “Lancelot Link, the missing link”.

The Monkey busted “ol’ Gregg” for 3 days for being a disrupter. Just like Pitviper called it, no warning.

Hey, OLD GREGG, please come on back and play like a team player. You would be welcomed on the USA server. Otherwise you will be observed and kicked as necessary by every admin available until you get the permanent ban.

Pleiades53 is in the background flipping everyone off, photo bomb.

ra0wNf2.jpg

Last edited by janet reno (TX) (2015-10-11 03:58:07)

Board footer