#31 2023-04-29 19:52:33

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Android Chrome 85.0

Re: SiMPLE is dying quickly now

Liquorice wrote:

How about a ban amnesty? smile
You can always re-ban people if need be.

Just wondering if what Simon said about the server mods and tweaks are true? Has there been some sort of fiddling with the hit reg because sometimes it's fine, other times I find it awful.

That's because it seems while in one team infantry, tanking and flying is easy, in the other team they can't do anything. And then it changes some time during the map where the other team will have it easier regardless of which team has more skilled players. It's as if skill doesn't matter at all
Ever have those games where almost every bazooka hits you, every sniper hits you? When you change team, suddenly no one even sees you anymore.

Well, what do I know, except that especially on inf maps where reg matters more, population drops about 50 percent. I'd also like to know the answer to Liquorice's question

Ironfart, imagine for a second that the way is paved for newbies, no camping, skilled players weapons don't work how they should etc, then what kind of game would it be?
Server settings and tweaks determine how players play; like spawn time for example. Newer games go for looks, which actually doesn't mean that gameplay would be more enjoyable. BF42 has no looks, that's why it is really important to have the right server settings. If you fk up the regs etc in a game like 42 where they already are bad, then nothing good will come

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#32 2023-04-29 21:00:25

Kevin
Player
Republic of the Congo
Windows 10 Firefox 106.0

Ferd Grapperhaus wrote:

Do you really think it is different at Moongamers? I think they are even harder with chat abuse and insults. And why is it mostly the same guys receiving bans there too?  It's mostly the same small group of known guys. The only difference there is they plead guilty because they know there is zero tolerance.

You are right but there's a difference, moongamers has been PG since their inception whereas simple hasn't. On this basis I say certain things need to go back the way they used to because they worked just fine. It was only after nameless left that I believe certain things got out of a line like banning people for slightest of things. I never like nameless personally because he would run away like a girl from a dogfight but as a head admin you have to give it to him because he handled things professionally and not out of emotion or stupidity.
You could tell this guy to go f*ck his mother and he still wouldn't ban you. he would rather look at your case objectively and see if there's actually some material damage you are causing to the server and then punish you accordingly if at all. I see some admin nowadays behaving like a woke civil right activist in the server kicking and banning people for the slightest racist or sexist thing said. Worse is that said admin doesn't even follow his own rules; he provokes, taunts and laughs at players and when they strike back at him he hides behind his admin. Pretty sure that wouldn't fly when nameless was around. Also how long have you been playing this game Ferd? your forum account says registered in 2021. Do you know how it was back then? do you also know that tuia (the owner) is a heavy duty antisemite that he even had hitler and stalin quotes built into the server few years ago? i hardly doubt he would stand for kicking people in the server for saying the n word of making fun of the jews, or worse deleting or editing comments in the forum.

@Alfred dude don't act like you care about the server when your whole Argentinian crew (SELF, darcano, cachi, etc) that plays every single night telling others peoples locations through voice chat does way more damage to the server than 50 trolls put together if you ask me.

All of of that aside, whatever happened to 000? was he banned? i never liked him but i think he was a good add to the server, made it more challenging. Well i also don't know the reason for his ban so i can't say much.

Last edited by Kevin (2023-04-29 21:23:56)

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 1

#33 2023-04-29 22:03:48

Alfred
At duty
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Kevin wrote:

@Alfred dude don't act like you care about the server when your whole Argentinian crew (SELF, darcano, cachi, etc) that plays every single night telling others peoples locations through voice chat does way more damage to the server than 50 trolls put together if you ask me.

And where's the proofs? rofl, like always, if we kill someone they call us cheaters, hackers or whatever disapproval to compensate killing some lower ping guys in the game having +250 ping (another stupid way to down playerbases from other countries).
The result: Argentinian crew still playing while the 50 trolls together are banned. smile

Be smart Fisherman, less crap and enjoy with your skills in the game that i rly admire, and is not sarcasm.

Last edited by Alfred (2023-04-29 22:25:12)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#34 2023-04-29 22:10:49

Ferd Grapperhaus
Administrator
Netherlands
iOS Safari 16.4

Kevin wrote:
Ferd Grapperhaus wrote:

Do you really think it is different at Moongamers? I think they are even harder with chat abuse and insults. And why is it mostly the same guys receiving bans there too?  It's mostly the same small group of known guys. The only difference there is they plead guilty because they know there is zero tolerance.

You are right but there's a difference, moongamers has been PG since their inception whereas simple hasn't. On this basis I say certain things need to go back the way they used to because they worked just fine. It was only after nameless left that I believe certain things got out of a line like banning people for slightest of things. I never like nameless personally because he would run away like a girl from a dogfight but as a head admin you have to give it to him because he handled things professionally and not out of emotion or stupidity.
You could tell this guy to go f*ck his mother and he still wouldn't ban you. he would rather look at your case objectively and see if there's actually some material damage you are causing to the server and then punish you accordingly if at all. I see some admin nowadays behaving like a woke civil right activist in the server kicking and banning people for the slightest racist or sexist thing said. Worse is that said admin doesn't even follow his own rules; he provokes, taunts and laughs at players and when they strike back at him he hides behind his admin. Pretty sure that wouldn't fly when nameless was around. Also how long have you been playing this game Ferd? your forum account says registered in 2021. Do you know how it was back then? do you also know that tuia (the owner) is a heavy duty antisemite that he even had hitler and stalin quotes built into the server few years ago? i hardly doubt he would stand for kicking people in the server for saying the n word of making fun of the jews, or worse deleting or editing comments in the forum.

All of of that aside, whatever happened to 000? was he banned? i never liked him but i think he was a good add to the server, made it more challenging. Well i also don't know the reason for his ban so i can't say much.

Well, thanks for this post which is a bit more constructive. I hope you can find a new way to enjoy playing with us, I really do. Server is pretty full tonight, hope you had a good one!

#35 2023-04-29 22:51:32

S.E.L.F
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Kevin wrote:

I tried to be cordial with you but it's impossible to avoid that you keep stirring up shit.

The nice thing is that none of those you mention have ever disrespected you. Thank God no one cares what you think.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#36 2023-04-30 10:25:15

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Hahaha that screenshot is just spot on, Ferd! big_smile
I fucking love to read posts like Kevins or Mambas telling "At least MG doesn’t have 50 power hungry admins waiting to ban someone for the smallest offence like an accidental TK." - and then you show them this xD. Priceless for those who always only want to hear and see what they want.

I'm still waiting for player names of those you think have been unfairly treated and (temporarily) banned.

Kevin: If you think the "Argentinian crew" is doing their own maphack through vc, then come up with some evidence. There is no admin who would allow or approve such behaviour.

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#37 2023-04-30 22:03:47

Kevin
Player
Republic of the Congo
Windows 10 Firefox 106.0

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits wrote:

Hahaha that screenshot is just spot on, Ferd! big_smile
I fucking love to read posts like Kevins or Mambas telling "At least MG doesn’t have 50 power hungry admins waiting to ban someone for the smallest offence like an accidental TK." - and then you show them this xD. Priceless for those who always only want to hear and see what they want.

Are you trying to put words in my mouth or you just can't read? At no point I've said moongamers is a better server or has better admins or whatever. In fact I said its a PG server and they always had a strict policy regarding chat. I've only compared both servers population in an at attempt to fix whatever is causing this and then revert that change. And by the way I'm not a troll. I've never gotten banned once and have only been kicked one time like 1 or 2 years go. I can also play the game competitive if I want but I've lost incentive the past few years.

#38 2023-05-01 09:34:56

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

The comment was a copy paste from one of Mambas great statements, not yours sorry. I know your not a troll, your a good zook pilot with high ping.

But now you are here often saying that Simple decrease in numbers is only due to admins being "being strict". Could you please enlighten me with some names who have been "unfairly treated and (temporarily) banned"? I guess you have a lot since it's the sole reason.

#39 2023-05-01 14:02:50

Kevin
Player
Republic of the Congo
Windows 10 Firefox 106.0

The comment was a copy paste from one of Mambas great statements, not yours sorry. I know your not a troll, your a good zook pilot with high ping.

But now you are here often saying that Simple decrease in numbers is only due to admins being "being strict". Could you please enlighten me with some names who have been "unfairly treated and (temporarily) banned"? I guess you have a lot since it's the sole reason.

I can't come up with specific names because I've only taken note of this as I play the game. If you would want some names then maybe the appeals sections could be a start. Keep in mind that's only people with a forum account, who knows how many didn't bother to create one and just left the game.

#40 2023-05-01 14:17:13

Black Mamba
Canada
iOS Safari 16.4

You don’t know the full story of what happened, so stay quiet you fool. This was definitely not a “minor incident”, as you put it. One of your clan members was in the server continuously insulting and harassing me, it involved 10 mins at least of trading insults and chat spam.

Last edited by Black Mamba (2023-05-01 14:17:55)

#41 2023-05-01 15:59:01

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Kevin wrote:

It was only after nameless left that I believe certain things got out of a line like banning people for slightest of things. I never like nameless personally because he would run away like a girl from a dogfight but as a head admin you have to give it to him because he handled things professionally and not out of emotion or stupidity.
You could tell this guy to go f*ck his mother and he still wouldn't ban you. he would rather look at your case objectively and see if there's actually some material damage you are causing to the server and then punish you accordingly if at all.

You tried to make a serious statement? Because that is some of the most far from the truth things I had to read here.

Kevin wrote:

You have been insulting me and calling me a cheater for as long as I started seeing you on the server. Always the same excuse "I think you are cheating" (maybe thats why you liked nameless). Perhaps it's time to post proof or shut the fuck up.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#42 2023-05-01 16:36:57

Kevin
Player
Republic of the Congo
Windows 10 Firefox 106.0

Darcano wrote:

You tried to make a serious statement? Because that is some of the most far from the truth things I had to read here.

I know what you are saying. Yes, nameless at times in the heat of the moment might have been annoyed at some players and decided to temporary troll them with kicks, or base attack them but don't think he ever went so far as to take it seriously and permanently ban them for something based on that. Me liking nameless? I told you already I never liked him because of his gameplay. Funny you remind me of him since you copy every little detail of how he played and even do his merlin antics in the game. Could be the reason why sometimes I call you out for bailing or running to flaks but if it annoys you I will stop.

#43 2023-05-01 23:59:36

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Kevin wrote:

I can't come up with specific names because I've only taken note of this as I play the game. If you would want some names then maybe the appeals sections could be a start. Keep in mind that's only people with a forum account, who knows how many didn't bother to create one and just left the game.

I'm just asking because I really don't think such statements as yours have any credibility in them. 90% of those who gets kicked and short time banned at Simple are because they violate the rules through basecamping, trolling and teamkilling. Then some get caught hacking. Only very few gets a permaban like 000, Blitzkrieg, Asbestos... Just take a look at Merlin - Simples line before permabanning is insanely long. That's why I'm asking for names of those who did get an unfair treatment.

#44 2023-05-02 05:17:35

Kevin
Player
Republic of the Congo
Windows 10 Firefox 106.0

I'm just asking because I really don't think such statements as yours have any credibility in them. 90% of those who gets kicked and short time banned at Simple are because they violate the rules through basecamping, trolling and teamkilling. Then some get caught hacking. Only very few gets a permaban like 000, Blitzkrieg, Asbestos... Just take a look at Merlin - Simples line before permabanning is insanely long. That's why I'm asking for names of those who did get an unfair treatment.

What do you expect me to do take note of every one of them that gets kicked/banned for chat and then compile a list? I'm not looking at who got kicked and how long his ban was because I'm playing the game but I can see it happening. That's like me asking you to recall in memory people that got kicked/banned this week for tks or base attacks and then dismiss you if you don't remember their names even though you know it happened. If you are so obsessed with names then take a look at the appeals sections and see how many are there being kicked or banned for chat. Let me ask you something DoubTi, do you even bother to carefully read what I said or you are just automatically putting me in some category and then just writing preconceived notions? You keep bringing up themes like basecamps, teamkilling or hackers when I already said those people are rightly to be banned. I only got a problem with people getting kicked or temp banned for minor chat offenses because its not reliable at this stage of the game and for populations sake. Then you also assume I believe this to be the "sole reason" people are leaving the server when I mentioned its simply the passage of time, almost everyone agrees on that. If you want to take this up further then lets do it on discord or pm me here, i dont wanna spam this thread. Plus I already said my piece long ago.

#45 2023-05-02 13:50:19

deeko
Player
Estonia
Android Chrome 112.0

Liquorice wrote:

Just wondering if what Simon said about the server mods and tweaks are true? Has there been some sort of fiddling with the hit reg because sometimes it's fine, other times I find it awful.

I'm wondering the same thing, because i doubt bad server quality or crashes would create such odd scenarios. I guess henk knows about most mod/tweak stuff, maybe he could enlighten us?

#46 2023-05-02 15:00:35

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

@Kevin: I'm glad to hear that. Maybe I misunderstood your post(s) when I heard it as if the lower population was due to admins kicking all and everyone for nothing / chat related, when you write "i told you assholes not to be banning people for bullshit otherwise the server is gonna empty. and dont blame it on the game dying " and "mismanagement". Therefor I was curious... I'm not playing super much lately, but I still don't recall it to be a major thing or issue and thats what I tried to focus on. Server crashes with map restart and weird ingame experience etc. would be something to catch my "worried attention".

If I had to share my personal reason to why I eventually lose motivation to join the server, it's because: It's just the same over and over. I feel like playing inside a "hamster wheel". There is nothing new and the biggest spice the server can come up with is changing round time and removing heavy tanks from El Alamein. You could say I would like just a bit of "new content" to "stay modern" :-)

#47 2023-05-02 15:16:51

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

If I had to share my personal reason to why I eventually lose motivation to join the server, it's because: It's just the same over and over. I feel like playing inside a "hamster wheel". There is nothing new and the biggest spice the server can come up with is changing round time and removing heavy tanks from El Alamein. You could say I would like just a bit of "new content" to "stay modern" :-)

Dunno how much the headadmins can do or if there is some consensus between admins it can be changed, but the server needs something "new" or different. Maybe we can try El Alamein CQ? Add some maps from the mappacks (Nuenen, Kasserine)? Or make some type of event on the main server?

#48 2023-05-02 15:30:56

Serebro
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

We hear you.
There is a bottleneck in the server administration structure that is complicated to deal with atm.
If it will be resolved changes might follow.

#49 2023-05-02 16:33:42

Ferd Grapperhaus
Administrator
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Memories of last night. This does not look like a dying server to me. Same numbers every night since last friday.

Image BBCode test

Last edited by Ferd Grapperhaus (2023-05-02 16:36:32)

#50 2023-05-02 16:34:57

Ferd Grapperhaus
Administrator
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Darcano wrote:

Dunno how much the headadmins can do or if there is some consensus between admins it can be changed, but the server needs something "new" or different. Maybe we can try El Alamein CQ? Add some maps from the mappacks (Nuenen, Kasserine)? Or make some type of event on the main server?

I think new idea's or feedback on possible changes are very welcome Darcano. I will pass this forward and see what we can do.

#51 2023-05-02 17:33:30

Denny
Croatia
Windows 10 Firefox 112.0

Deeko wrote:
Liquorice wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing, because i doubt bad server quality or crashes would create such odd scenarios. I guess henk knows about most mod/tweak stuff, maybe he could enlighten us?

it has to do with server quality, if you tried new Ax you would see the hitregs are good there big_smile

#52 2023-05-02 18:38:16

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Darcano wrote:

I am a part of the admin section and to keep it short: The admins and 2 head admins can't do anything. They can only change tiny minor stuff. So not to stire something up, but what Serebro and Ferd is saying is just hot air. If you look at my profile I have created topics as old as from the last 2 times I re-joined this game = topics from 2018 and 2021. I know we don't all enjoy the same modifications etc., but at least it's different and can be changed again -> new (content). Nothing happens in game I wanna say for a decade... You allmost have to have an obsession or relationship to the b17 to keep joining night after night :-)

#53 2023-05-02 21:49:48

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

On a more positive note I've noticed my dreaded 'con probs ' seem to have gone for about 5 days now.

Having just done a trace route out of curiosity it seems something has changed!
Much is the same but something has been added.
Four steps of twelve99,net have been added. Something to do with Worldstream.

Anyway I hope I'm not being premature but if there's a connection between this change and my new better connectivity then long may it continue.
Paul Baumer said they were working on server issues.
If so it bodes well for the future of the game.

Has anyone else noticed an improvement? Especially those with similar issues to me.
Maybe it's just my network that's improved...
Would finally like to pin the problem down but if it's gone...Who cares! lol
May all your hits be registered!
Ironfart

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#54 2023-05-02 22:43:44

Serebro
Android Chrome 112.0

So not to stire something up, but what Serebro and Ferd is saying is just hot air. )

I prefer to have hopes. Even here.

#55 2023-05-03 00:47:14

deeko
Player
Estonia
Windows 10 Firefox 112.0

I don't know about you guys, but it definitely feels like i'm on some kind of drugs when i'm playing in Simple. Nothing seems logical or natural, all my years of infantry down the gutter. 300 ping snipers and zookers have it better than me sometimes. They've finally made my reg worthless in simple, but only when i'm on the "no reg team". ONe round i get 2 bullet kills and the next round i die with 2 bullets or a tank shell to the face from who knows where. If these things are happening just cause of "bad server quality" then this server is probably running from some crackheads basement.
Had a day of fun and recorded all the rounds, everything in this video is from today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuOKZ1uO41o
It was definitely easier playing against the best infantries this game had to offer than playing a round of infantry in Simple these days.
Extremely chaotic and sped up gameplay with weird stuff happening every round, i've seen nothing like it before or in moongamers/clanwars. This is not how the game works in normal servers.

Last edited by deeko (2023-05-03 01:20:13)

#56 2023-05-03 13:31:46

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 112.0

it looks like some ppl are just bored and are testing stuff with the server. As of this morning the game is no longer fast and chaotic. I just don't see how it's worth risking the population loss with these useless(?) mods. If me or deeko wouldn't bring it up here
Another example of something implemented that started quite a while ago is the plane jumping and straight falling bombs, I'm sure some have seen it
https://youtu.be/UlrLHY6XpN0

#57 2023-05-03 15:23:32

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 10 Chrome 109.0

That's since years now.

#58 2023-05-03 18:11:39

Lecter
Where´s Clarice?
Portugal
Windows 10 Firefox 112.0

Deeko wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but it definitely feels like i'm on some kind of drugs when i'm playing in Simple. Nothing seems logical or natural, all my years of infantry down the gutter. 300 ping snipers and zookers have it better than me sometimes. They've finally made my reg worthless in simple, but only when i'm on the "no reg team". ONe round i get 2 bullet kills and the next round i die with 2 bullets or a tank shell to the face from who knows where. If these things are happening just cause of "bad server quality" then this server is probably running from some crackheads basement.
Had a day of fun and recorded all the rounds, everything in this video is from today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuOKZ1uO41o
It was definitely easier playing against the best infantries this game had to offer than playing a round of infantry in Simple these days.
Extremely chaotic and sped up gameplay with weird stuff happening every round, i've seen nothing like it before or in moongamers/clanwars. This is not how the game works in normal servers.

We had this conversation in private Deeko, welcome to my everyday day for the last 6/7 years...and its actually worse than you are having it here, btw I completely understand your post not trying to stir things up.

#59 2023-05-03 18:30:31

deeko
Player
Estonia
Windows 10 Firefox 112.0

This is not something that's on my end, i've no such weird experiences in other servers. Besides, there are plenty of others who've said the same things and some even quit because of it, mostly infantries. All of this is fairly recent and certainly cuts down on the player population

#60 2023-05-04 19:25:05

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

So you've got the dreaded 'con probs' Deeko...
It's not funny but whilst you have got them mine have gone (so far).

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 67#p184767

Had them for over a year and a half. Proper complained (above post) but no-one believed me. (Its your router/wiring!!!).
I guess its the luck of the draw.
Try a different internet connection if you can.
Try all the steps in my posts.
Try VPN on Tanks a lot (its allowed) see if its better. My VPN always worked and cleared con probs. (which went to show that my router/internet connection was sound).No VPN allowed on main server though.
Good luck
Ironfart
Of course if the problem is that your cat has pissed on your PC or some other hardware problem I cant help you with that smile

Last edited by Ironfart (2023-05-04 19:35:31)

Board footer