#1 2016-08-27 23:57:00

bomberman
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

e.S admin abuse

player name: e.S
server: FRA

Just a few minutes ago on Battleaxe e.S kicked me three times unnecessarily.  Please review his admin rights as they appear to have gone to his head.

First time, I was behind allied base sniping active aa and other snipers shooting out, per the rules.  He was one of my aa victims which I believe is why he was so eager to kick me.  He found me three times in a plane while I was in position, then kicked me (!kbase).  This is despite never taking a shot at anyone but aa and snipers shooting out.

Second time, I asked him what happened.  Said I was basecamping.  Clarified I wasn't and called him a jerk for not asking me what I was doing or warning me so I could explain I wasn't basecamping.  This is where the abuse of power started.  He kicked me again, !klang, when the worst thing I said was that he was a jerk for jumping the gun on a kick.

Third time, came back, asked "what is your problem?" then "lang?" and another kick, !klang.

Quite sad to have an ineffective admin in the mix when all the other admins I've come across are reasonable and respond to help requests when folks are breaking the rules.  Please take a look at the server log and review e.S's admin status.  He could use sometime to cool off and not abuse his admin power.

bomberman

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-08-28 01:55:40

Zody
москит
Germany
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

Re: e.S admin abuse

Taken from the rules:

- Attacking the enemy uncapturable main base (basecamping or basebombing) is not allowed. You must not snipe at the main base. You are not allowed to shoot at planes during take-off. All other vehicles must be given the opportunity to leave their base. Nevertheless, it's permitted to air strike at a fireing AA gun or a shooting artillery that's inside the base.

I think he was right to kick you. The lang thing is debatable, but coming back after getting kicked for lang with " what is your problem" isnt really nice is it? In the end, he voluntarily monitors the server so be more respectful next time or come to the forum right away.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2016-08-28 07:28:19

Serebro
iOS Safari 7.0

Debatable subject. Imo sniping active aa's is allowed. It often happens on Battleaxe too.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#4 2016-08-28 07:55:54

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

Zody wrote:

but coming back after getting kicked for lang with " what is your problem" isnt really nice is it?

Mild sentence , not even worth mentioning...

Bomberman wait for es reply , current rules are clear about baseattack, attacking aa with anything but plane is rule abuse ( not logic to me but it is ) .Take a look at rules if you didnt yet  http://team-simple.org/rules/

#5 2016-08-28 08:58:33

Alvarez-Latino
Player
France
Linux Chrome 52.0

Making à post for a kick come on...
Move on and have fun

#6 2016-08-28 10:19:17

e.S
Administrator
Norway
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

Yes, you killed me while I was in AA? So?... 1 circle in plane and I found you out there. Checking your type of weapon in a few seconds and anticipating  your intellectual level I killed you 2 times more at the same spot.
You know that baseniping is not allowed and anyway you were coming there in order to kill AA, which rarely was taken due to lack of players on server?
Anyway, to end up discussion when you complain about someone inyour st00pid thread you have to be honest enough and mention then when you came back you added a word - jerk -  in the end of your question.
I guess I am done with you for now.
When you will insult anybody on this server next time again you will get ban.
Good bye.

Last edited by e.S (2016-08-28 10:42:59)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#7 2016-08-28 11:21:27

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

e.S wrote:

Checking your type of weapon in a few seconds and anticipating  your intellectual level

LOL.

plus that twain quote. roflll ..this is why i keep coming back to this comedy central.
priceless unintended humor when the guy is all serious about it. the original funny stuff

#8 2016-08-28 11:31:11

bomberman
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

Thanks gents for the replies.  Good point that it looks like it may be worth clarifying rules as they seem to be open to interpretation on sniping aa.  When I ask on server, admins reply yes it is ok.  Clearly some disagree with that.

Thought experiment, sniper shooting out from base is off limits to snipers outside?  Seems clarity on base camping rule and acceptableness of sniping aa and others shooting out by any weapon should be included if it is ok.

Other admins, please do take a look at the logs and consider at least a slap on the wrist for e.S.  He's now threatening me with a ban?!  First, unneeded but understandable kick (he thought I was base sniping) though he didn't warn me so seems like over reach.  Second, kick for "jerk" as language.  Third, kick for "what is your problem?" and "lang?".

Love the SiMPLE community.  Don't like to see play degraded by power hungry admin.  I always respect admins and appreciate their contributions and the volunteer time (see gio and gorr a lot when I play, always helpful with kicking tkers).  Situation yesterday would have been better without admin as no players were causing trouble and admin abused power.  Thanks again.

bomberman

#9 2016-08-28 11:36:02

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 48.0

I'm not going to comment on e.S's kick - not my business. But we do indeed need some clarification about sniping active AA. Admins have told players it's ok to snipe active AA (including me). It's also been stated in the forum a few times that it is allowed. If there is a disagreement, then we definitely need to come to a conclusion about it so there is no more confusion among admins and players.

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#10 2016-08-28 11:42:19

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

Yes  review of some would be good ! Bomberman did you were in your base when killed es on aa or ?

#11 2016-08-28 11:49:18

bomberman
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

Vojislav wrote:

Yes  review of some would be good ! Bomberman did you were in your base when killed es on aa or ?

Sorry for confusion.  No, I was on hill behind allied base when I killed the folks in the aa.  I usually set up on one of the side hills or behind the base if I'm going to support my pilots by taking out aa.

bomberman wrote:

Thought experiment, sniper shooting out from base is off limits to snipers outside?

This comment, which may have caused the confusion, was just to show an example of how if the rule is absolutely no base sniping, then folks can be immune to death if they stay in home base.  I'd be amazed if someone can snipe from axis base to allied base as I can't see a thing from that far!

bomberman

#12 2016-08-28 14:51:28

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows Phone Microsoft Edge 14.14393

Yes, I think it should be allowed by the rules to snipe the enemy AA-gunners. At least I wouldn't kick for this.

#13 2016-08-28 16:42:10

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

Agreed...

#14 2016-08-28 16:57:52

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows XP Firefox 42.0

agree too, the snipers that take positions from where they only can shoot active enemys in their base are pretty challanging for admins.

#15 2016-08-28 18:25:24

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

But you know it's also in the responibility of the other players.

If someone spawns or just standing around or is walking to a vehicle and get sniped, he can say this in the chat. Then the admin warns the raper. If it doesn't help the raper get kicked later. It's that easy.

It's never perfect, but this is a way to handle it.

Last edited by Arkos (2016-08-28 18:26:09)

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#16 2016-08-28 20:04:52

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

Good pilots got a avantage from ground crew, dont think they need the help of a active aa sniper ?  Do you actually give info to your team when you are sniping ? Mean while you are sniping bots in main because they cant complain just to encrease your score ??? smile

#17 2016-08-28 20:10:39

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

It's about Simple Fra and as far i see it... counterfighting "active targets" is allowed in any form.

What is not allowed is spreading mines as example at battleaxe Axis frontdoor as someone did before 2 weeks. He was not putting it on a shooting tank, but closed the way out from the axis base just 2 meters below the AA Gun.

#18 2016-08-28 22:22:43

Gorr
Administrator
Sweden
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

I always think that if someone is attacking from base you can attack them. So an active AA you can snipe even if it's annoying as hell. I know it's only wanna-be pilots that are actually manning the AA:s but anyway smile Same thing for a pilot that bails over own base. He has been active thus allowed.

#19 2016-09-01 22:09:32

Spynet
Portugal
OS X Chrome 52.0

The way I see it, if you contest any admin's decision by calling him jerk, you're gonna get kicked again. Wether he did wrong or right, that's a different issue that you debate on the forum, and certainly you don't do it by calling him jerk lol

But yea sniping active AA's was always allowed

#20 2016-09-02 12:23:23

Jazzy
Administrator
Finland
Windows 8 Chrome 52.0

Taking out active enemies from enemy main base has always been allowed on SiMPLE Fra as far as I remember. So yes, snipe those wanna-be-Gorr's off those AA guns! And Gorr too please!

#21 2016-09-02 13:21:36

e.S
Administrator
Norway
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

I don't understand what are you discussing? It is allowed to shoot AA - gunners. I already answered that I didn't kicked him for shooting AA-gunners, because there were none. But for basesniping generally. At the moment we played there was 15-16 players only and nobody took AA, except of me ONCE. He killed me and after I took the plane and found him right behind the base, on the hill. I found him there 3 times in next 3 minutes - perfect place to kill pilots waiting for plane.

#22 2016-09-02 14:56:56

Jochen Peiper
Administrator
Germany
Windows 7 Firefox 43.0

Did he snipe pilots too or only AA gunner and outher active snipers ?

#23 2016-09-12 15:45:13

bomberman
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

Just got off FRA a few minutes ago for mid-day fun on El Alamein.  e.S was on as admin (I believe Arkos also present).  There were a number of tkers on axis airfield that folks were reporting.  Someone on allies was warning them when they were reported.  Reasonable.

e.S issuing a !bdis1week before the warning would even appear in the console.  Since I was reporting a number of the folks, I felt guilty for getting people banned for so long.  I voiced my concern respectfully.  Here's how the conversation went:

bomberman: 1 week ban seems like a bit much?
bomberman: a kick or 15 mins would be enough?
Arkos: yeah
e.S: next time it is you too (he's implying me)
bomberman: excuse me?
e.S: I uncuse (not sure what that means?)

Next was some server lag and I got disconnected.  Not really interested in re-joining with e.S in the admin seat.  Please take a look at the server log from El Alamein and review e.S's admin privileges.

SiMPLE is doing a fantastic job of keeping an old game alive and thriving.  I fully understand some new players need an attitude tweak to the SiMPLE server rules.  I have a tremendous respect for the admins on the server as most keep an excellent balance of punish and inform.  Most approach this with warnings, chat, then occasionally short bans (15min to 1day max).

I'd rather occasionally get tked by a newbie that eventually learns the error of their ways than to see people show up and get banned for a week to never return.  Having a server that is a pleasant place to play is a good part of SiMPLE's strength.  Keeping on an aggressive bully admin like e.S will not help SiMPLE or BF1942 in the long run.

bomberman

#24 2016-09-12 16:19:44

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 8 Firefox 48.0

In any way, I recommend to avoid these long term bans for such violations. I don't know what is really the reason of these bans, maybe e.S decided to get rid of some bad players who violate the rules every time he sees them. If it's just a small violation and a newbie did it, it's better to warn or to kick him. Maybe 15 minutes, optionally. One week ban suit well only for some really malicious ones.

#25 2016-09-12 17:21:03

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows XP Firefox 43.0

i can punish e.S hard tongue

#26 2016-09-12 17:22:12

e.S
Administrator
Norway
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

Well. Nameless  - you as always are right. Maybe.. all them are trolls and they are not on the server to play. Including Bomberman. He is one of teamkillers as well. And Bomberman get an answer from me for the last time - I am not gonna use my time on him ( read my signature).
Uxcuse - is "excuse", Bomberman - just try to understand that to fly and type is not comfortable. If you want to chat -> get yourself an ICQ. If you are not coming back to server - the goal achieved -> one more less troll on server.

Yes, Arkos was on server - don't know what he did... and I don't care actually. Maybe someone means that this is the way it should be on server - teamkilling and baseraping (as it is on video), but I don't agree. I know those players will come and beg, saying that it was theirs little brothers, sisters and pets who played and that it will never happen again. And it's going on and going on.

This is a short excerpt form this map:

https://youtu.be/GHk0eaqUmoE

Last edited by e.S (2016-09-12 17:24:34)

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 1

#27 2016-09-12 18:23:05

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

e.s. You know exactly what i did on the server. You saw it each time, specially when you banned them 1 week after i warned them.

I warned several people, was also kicking some and banned some too.

But allways with a warning > kick > 15minban if they don't change their behavior.

You can see it in your own video. Those server side messages came from me on allies side, when i used Teamchat for punishements. And before you was also on allies team, so you know exactly what i did.

Since i came to the server, (it was only some minutes before you), i toke care of the disruptors.

Last edited by Arkos (2016-09-12 18:27:40)

#28 2016-09-12 18:28:35

twigs
Player
United States
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 52.0

They are at their own airfield shooting/killing teammates and trolling, you can see it clearly in the video... The ban was appropriate. Don't need these type of players on any server.  A warning won't do shit but let them continue trolling before they get their timeout. They did it right in front of an admin as well... this is a perfect example of an appropriate ban from e.S haha..

#29 2016-09-12 20:22:29

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 53.0

Yes good one eS . In such situation the best is just kick, warnings are useless,but even bans should make them to come here and read rules.

#30 2016-09-12 21:10:34

bomberman
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

e.S is not positing the full video because the cuts he made are designed to hide his actions (e.S version 2m44s, reality 4m59s).

The video posted is intended to be confusing and make the bans seem reasonable.  Some certainly seem to be but better to see full picture with console warnings from Arkos and all of e.S's bans.  In the short time e.S was on server, no one was kicked, re-entered, and continued behavior.  All bans were first interaction e.S had with them.  This is the part that makes his bully behavior as an admin inappropriate.

I've been threatened now twice with a ban from e.S, once in this thread, once today on the server.  Also called troll and implying intentional tker.  Again, bully behavior.

Being good at playing this game and being a good admin are two entirely different things.  It would seem from his recent activity on this server and in the forums (worth looking as e.S's aggressive forum posts), e.S is only one of these things.

To bring some context to the video, I've highlighted key events and where e.S cut the video, may be (TL:DR)...

28:17 start video, bomberman flak38 kill visible (so proof bomberman in flak38)
28:14 bomberman accidentily tks Captain Pepeja (next to NAGIBATOR, intendend allies target)
28:12 intended target NAGIBATOR kills PARADIGMA in jeep with colt to head, bomberman in background still in flak38
28:11 bomberman appologizes for tk
28:09 e.S spawns into game, cut video

CUT 16s not sure what he's not showing here

27:53 e.S ends cut
27:39 BFSoldier tks Pacman with mine
27:36 e.S cuts video

CUT 7s I believe e.S is hiding one of Arkos's many console warnings, probably to BFSoldier_24

27:29 e.S ends cut after Arkos's console warning
27:26 BFSoldier tks Laki
27:20 e.S !bandis1week BFSoldier_24 (not in any of the previous tks)
27:17 BFSoldier_24 ban in console
27:09 e.S crashes into ground, killed by basecamper, cuts video

CUT 45s not sure what e.S is not showing here

26:24 e.S resumes video
26:23 e.S !ktk .18 Aashir
26:15 notice scoreboard, IBRAHIM (.46) has no tks, will be important later
26:02 BFSoldier tks Laki
25:58 BFSoldier tks conlolac27_39 (in strange letters, can't read name)
25:47 e.S crashed plane while attempting to ban BFSoldier after realizing if he doesn't act fast, autokick at <-7 will beat him to it and he won't be able to ban him
25:48 autokick kicks BFSoldier, e.S attempted ban unsuccessful
25:47 e.S cuts video

CUT 29s not sure what e.S is not showing here

25:18 e.S resumes video
24:56 LastStand team wounds e.S
24:44 e.S cuts video

CUT 22s not sure what e.S is not showing here, possible another ban?

24:22 e.S resumes video, e.S !kbase .8 visible
24:21 Pacman can't fly and crashes, not sure why this is relevant?
24:12 e.S cuts video

CUT 17s removed where bomberman was victim of tk

23:55 e.S resumes video, pauleg and bomberman identify tker .46
23:47 console warning to .46 IBRAHIM (from Arkos on allies), was enough to satisfy me
23:48 e.s !bandis1week .46 IBRAHIM who had 1x tk (see 26:15 above), only deserved warning from Arkos
23:43 e.S cuts video

CUT 1m10s this is where I highlight a ban didn't seem fair, Arkos agrees in chat

22:33 e.S threatens bomberman with ban "e.S: for you -2 - next time"
22:23 bomberman replies "bomberman: excuse me?"
22:18 e.S replies "e.S: i uxcuse"

Board footer