#1 2016-08-25 06:28:49

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 48.0

Observation:

recently in pass many of the "skilled" admin would switch sides to assist losing side if needed to be to even out the playing field.  Today, what i saw wasn't leveling out the playing field at all.  Couple of admins switch to same side and basically slapped our rears, yes i was frustrated, trying to get the "team" to get out instead of standing around.  Some of us tried but to no success, doesn't take a rocket genius to figure it out, some would say "why didn't you say so" look at the scoreboard.  If you need someone to hold your hand and spell 1+1=2 ( and insert the smart asses!!! tongue) then PitViper needs to line you up and slap your ass! (PiPers couple of more).  A server will succeed on how well its populated, and quite frankly, Simple server in my opinion has done better then Gamers, but who wants to stay on a server which one side will WIN by a large landslide?  Today Map, Myaz i could of switched sides and camped but instead choose to stay put.

Level playing field -

Alright insert all negative comments - btw admins please listen to your regulars on the server that are trying to tell you about the rule breakers, instead of thinking we're trying to tell you what to do.  Not all admins but few

Last edited by BoS (2016-08-25 06:29:42)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#2 2016-08-25 06:49:04

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

Re: Observation:

hey i wasn't even there why is my arse getting slapped lol

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2016-08-25 06:51:39

Oscar Goldman
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

I was on for a while tonight as Lt. Norm Buntz and switched several times (suiciding in the process) to even the teams, FWIW.

#4 2016-08-25 06:52:44

Moss
Undercover Agent
New Zealand
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

I dont see much trouble so why the neg BoS (the only trouble i see are map hackers with aimbot and tk'ers)

#5 2016-08-25 06:55:06

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 48.0

PipeR wrote:

just because .... you are .... P....I....P....E.....R big_smile

#6 2016-08-25 06:56:18

Moss
Undercover Agent
New Zealand
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

i dont get it BoS why are u so negative alot?

#7 2016-08-25 06:56:56

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

BoS wrote:
PipeR wrote:

just because .... you are .... P....I....P....E.....R big_smile

hahahaha fair enough smile

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#8 2016-08-25 06:57:15

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 48.0

Moss wrote:

I dont see much trouble so why the neg BoS (the only trouble i see are map hackers with aimbot and tk'ers)

Not a neg Moss, you know you have that itch that you just can't reach and it annoys the shit out of you?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#9 2016-08-25 06:59:48

Moss
Undercover Agent
New Zealand
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

BoS stop being a retard (NEVER ARGUE WITH ME OR DEATH) please and i dont have an itch

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#10 2016-08-25 07:44:31

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

woah moss u need to chill out .. bos wasnt being all negative etc he was very calmly pointing something he observed in game. There is no need to attack anyone in these forums smile

#11 2016-08-25 08:39:19

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

No really no need to attack anyone ..............................where are my bloody cupcakes Piper sad

#12 2016-08-25 09:04:36

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 51.0

PipeR wrote:

ummm.....ummmm...ummmm..  <insert snappy retort>

#13 2016-08-25 09:08:14

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 51.0

(BB)DinkW wrote:

No really no need to attack anyone ..............................where are my bloody cupcakes Piper sad

just finished...

C A T C H .....

UsCQNze.jpg

#14 2016-08-25 09:11:54

Bob Jarunkel
Player
Australia
Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11.0

PipeR wrote:

Steady on fellas, that there is my particular job wink

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#15 2016-08-25 11:03:14

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

(BB)DinkW wrote:

ummm in the post remember tongue

#16 2016-08-25 14:31:56

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 48.0

Bob Jarunkel wrote:
PipeR wrote:

Steady on fellas, that there is my particular job wink

I don't know about that BoB might have to kick Bock's rear tongue

#17 2016-08-25 15:05:47

Winston Smith
New Zealand
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

Moss wrote:

BoS stop being a retard (NEVER ARGUE WITH ME OR DEATH) please and i dont have an itch

Don't be a dick Moss; you have a Kiwi flag under your name so show a little more respect.

#18 2016-08-25 15:23:14

Winston Smith
New Zealand
Windows 10 Chrome 52.0

I'm definitely not a "skilled" admin, and I'm not as regular as I should be.  However, I usually watch the balance of players and flags; if my team has few players but all the flags, then I'll keep playing my usual "up the guts" style.  But if my team has most of the flags and more players, then I'll hang back a bit; perhaps sit on a sniper rifle, or jump in a plane and give BoS some easy target practice.  If my team has held all the flags, and has superior hardware, players, or tactical position, and it doesn't look like the opposition will get out of their base, then I'll change teams and try going 'up the guts' again.  I do this because my philosophy is: the best way to prevent players from attacking the main-base, is to give them a flag to capture.

There are other reasons why admins might change teams though:

-They might be checking out a potential trouble-maker.
-They might be trying to balance the numbers of admins per team.
-Auto-balance might send them to the other team; unfortunately auto-balance only balances player numbers - not skill levels.

Ultimately, switching teams to take advantage of the opportunity to get a high score is a dickish move.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#19 2016-08-25 16:44:27

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

I usually play where the server puts me.
Sometimes when I see an obvious unbalance, I'll type in chat "should I switch for balance"?
Most of the time with my slow typing one or two of the admins have already switched.

:beer:
Blade

#20 2016-08-25 17:59:17

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 51.0

[ECGN]BladeRunner wrote:

Sometimes when I see an obvious unbalance, I'll type in chat "should I switch for balance"?
Most of the time with my slow typing one or two of the admins have already switched.

Blade

Mannn....are you good....I should try that s l o w  t y p i n g   theory to see if it works... 

ee eee

#21 2016-08-25 18:18:27

Ks Myaz
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

Really Bos you had to put my name in there? By the way, I never switched, I started on axis. I made about 3 passes on the carrier after we had all flags. No altitude whoring , no looping etc. Then I went away to let you up. I don't believe in that bullshit as it gives an unfair advantage to the pilot. I fly at altitudes where AA can kill me. Many "skilled" pilots do not and use this to their advantage. If I wanted to alt whore my KDR would be much better.

Then I'm playing on Stali and you accused me of point whoring on the middle flag. I naded twice while trying to capture middle which I did. And again BTW, I was AFK for a good portion of that map, not a good combination if I was trying to "point whore". Don't let frustration lead to accusation.

I actually like playing with you Bos, you are generally a cool dude until things don't go your way. You can't always have a 20-1 KDR wink

#22 2016-08-25 18:21:19

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

ATF_SurrenderMonkey wrote:
[ECGN]BladeRunner wrote:

Blade

Mannn....are you good....I should try that s l o w  t y p i n g   theory to see if it works... 

ee eee

It works for me smile
Some of the fast reflex guys hit the switch button as soon as they see "balance" in the chat.
I know a few time we all notice unbalance and we will have 3 or 4 guys suddenly on the other side, hit
tab and we have another unbalance problem. smile

Blade

#23 2016-08-25 21:09:44

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

Everyone should stay where the sever put them at start, that's what I do. The wurst thing that can happen is been kill often, loose and the map will change faster for a new game and new team ect.. This should go for any players ( noobs, regulars, admins ) I cant beleive we are still arguing about (staking) swichting teams, it is really anoying for those that get autoswicht 4 to 5 times because of it.

PS: If everyone would follow that rule...  If server put's me in B team I will try to make it a A team whit out swichting smile

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#24 2016-08-26 00:51:46

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

#25 2016-08-26 16:52:21

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 48.0

Dakota wrote:

Everyone should stay where the sever put them at start, that's what I do.

Admins can lock players from switching teams.

#26 2016-08-26 17:58:18

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

bud wrote:
Dakota wrote:

Everyone should stay where the sever put them at start, that's what I do.

Admins can lock players from switching teams.

How can we do that bud?

#27 2016-08-26 19:05:46

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

I dont know if my video is working for you guys to see ? But it was only to show how it was rediculous last night from the sart of my game when I died I got swichted every time. So I just disconnected and wacht tv instead of playing BF all evening whit you guys.

#28 2016-08-26 21:46:34

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 51.0

Dakota wrote:

I dont know if my video is working for you guys to see ? But it was only to show how it was rediculous last night from the sart of my game when I died I got swichted every time. So I just disconnected and wacht tv instead of playing BF all evening whit you guys.

venir au serveur usa

#29 2016-08-27 10:32:26

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 48.0

Ks Myaz wrote:

Really Bos you had to put my name in there? By the way, I never switched, I started on axis. I made about 3 passes on the carrier after we had all flags. No altitude whoring , no looping etc. Then I went away to let you up. I don't believe in that bullshit as it gives an unfair advantage to the pilot. I fly at altitudes where AA can kill me. Many "skilled" pilots do not and use this to their advantage. If I wanted to alt whore my KDR would be much better.

Then I'm playing on Stali and you accused me of point whoring on the middle flag. I naded twice while trying to capture middle which I did. And again BTW, I was AFK for a good portion of that map, not a good combination if I was trying to "point whore". Don't let frustration lead to accusation.

I actually like playing with you Bos, you are generally a cool dude until things don't go your way. You can't always have a 20-1 KDR wink

Those last rounds that day what KDR did i have ?  Didn't really care about the KDR like you might think i do, i asked for respect and now your coming on here and basically attacking how "I" fly or play the game?  I didn't go after anyone, just explaining why I posted this, Stalingrad, you and i were on same team, then you switched, we allies were doing our best to get flags but weren't getting the job done, didn't complain much, but would be nice to have help.  What was your score that match also?  Common sense would come into play here.  I don't judge you on how you fly, if someone wants to challenge me and asked me to change my altitude for a 1 on 1 df then i have no issues.  You shouldn't be judging anyone on how anyone person plays in that server, but sometimes it does come out.  If you looked at the post i wasn't attacking or judging you, i was just explaining an observation......and a reason why I was grouchy during those maps.

Last edited by BoS (2016-08-27 10:33:35)

#30 2016-08-27 16:23:42

Ks Myaz
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 52.0

BoS wrote:
Ks Myaz wrote:

Those last rounds that day what KDR did i have ?  Didn't really care about the KDR like you might think i do, i asked for respect and now your coming on here and basically attacking how "I" fly or play the game?  I didn't go after anyone, just explaining why I posted this, Stalingrad, you and i were on same team, then you switched, we allies were doing our best to get flags but weren't getting the job done, didn't complain much, but would be nice to have help.  What was your score that match also?  Common sense would come into play here.  I don't judge you on how you fly, if someone wants to challenge me and asked me to change my altitude for a 1 on 1 df then i have no issues.  You shouldn't be judging anyone on how anyone person plays in that server, but sometimes it does come out.  If you looked at the post i wasn't attacking or judging you, i was just explaining an observation......and a reason why I was grouchy during those maps.

Bos you're misreading my post. I was just saying that even though I did attack the carrier, I am always "killable" as I don't loop on the carrier or use excessive altitude to evade AA. You know what I mean; that's annoying as shit. If you feel like that's an attack on your flying I can't control that wink.

As far as Stali, I rarely ever switch unless there is a total imbalance on the team. I prefer to stay on the team I started, and if I switched then it was probably auto-switch. The KDR comment was just a joke as you usually have a really good KDR. Like I said, I think you're a good guy and I don't attack people that I like to play with. Just wanted to clear that up!

Board footer