#1 2012-11-12 11:38:21

JoJo'
Germany

the ! commands *SOLVED*

tuia wrote:

They've disabled keyhashes in v1.612. Keyhash shows an empty field with game.listPlayers command and in the "/status/" Gamespy packet there is no keyhash associated with any player, that's why BFServerManager doesn't work normally with the v1.612. BFServerManager should restart the server in case of a crash, though. I tested it and it restarts.

s[sk] wrote:

so that means that !commands are messed up too

to test, i just joined some random (empty) server with bfsm and issued !runnext
and it worked

(they probably have bfsm users with empty keyhashes and that now matches mine. and yours. and everyone's)

bah, why they have to mess up stuff that works instead of fixing real problems

Since s[sk] mentioned the !commands yesterday, i think its best to make an own topic.
With new version of battlefield, they disabled the keyhashes (tuia quote). Im not really known with this server stuff, but this is probably the reason why you can use the ingame !commands on many server. Every player(!) has access to the remote control commands.
This includes the commands to set next the next map, restart maps, run the next map, warn player, kick player, ban player (which is useless, since you dont have a key, you can just rejoin).

We (me & some pas-players) tried it on several servers.
It is possible on every (!) lowpingserver.com-server, which are the most populated servers right now.
It didnt work on EA - server -- but when i tested, i was the only player, dont know if it works with 2+ players (server restarts with more than 1 player online)

We also tried the console commands (like admin.kickplayer #). Those commands did NOT work. Only the !commands are available.

Its just a matter of time until the majority of the players will find out, that those commands are available to everyone.
Due to the fact, you have to use the ingame chat, everybody (or at least your team) can see the commands.
If these server do not change their settings, many server wont be playable anymore soon.

Last edited by JoJo' (2012-11-13 17:55:45)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-11-12 14:11:20

Denny
Croatia

Re: the ! commands *SOLVED*

haha omfg, dont use it guys..never!!!!!!!
otherwise origin will get fcked up as u say

#3 2012-11-12 14:48:10

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

you belong on those no skill server denny! send YM there and its heaven for him.. accept he cant ban lol

#4 2012-11-12 19:05:57

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

JoJo' wrote:
tuia wrote:

They've disabled keyhashes in v1.612. Keyhash shows an empty field with game.listPlayers command and in the "/status/" Gamespy packet there is no keyhash associated with any player, that's why BFServerManager doesn't work normally with the v1.612. BFServerManager should restart the server in case of a crash, though. I tested it and it restarts.

s[sk] wrote:

so that means that !commands are messed up too

to test, i just joined some random (empty) server with bfsm and issued !runnext
and it worked

(they probably have bfsm users with empty keyhashes and that now matches mine. and yours. and everyone's)

bah, why they have to mess up stuff that works instead of fixing real problems

Since s[sk] mentioned the !commands yesterday, i think its best to make an own topic.
With new version of battlefield, they disabled the keyhashes (tuia quote). Im not really known with this server stuff, but this is probably the reason why you can use the ingame !commands on many server. Every player(!) has access to the remote control commands.
This includes the commands to set next the next map, restart maps, run the next map, warn player, kick player, ban player (which is useless, since you dont have a key, you can just rejoin).

We (me & some pas-players) tried it on several servers.
It is possible on every (!) lowpingserver.com-server, which are the most populated servers right now.
It didnt work on EA - server -- but when i tested, i was the only player, dont know if it works with 2+ players (server restarts with more than 1 player online)

We also tried the console commands (like admin.kickplayer #). Those commands did NOT work. Only the !commands are available.

Its just a matter of time until the majority of the players will find out, that those commands are available to everyone.
Due to the fact, you have to use the ingame chat, everybody (or at least your team) can see the commands.
If these server do not change their settings, many server wont be playable anymore soon.

Thanks for the notice. I will test it and try to fix BFServerManager, if it's not a misconfiguration problem.

#5 2012-11-12 23:31:56

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Confirmed. If you have an admin with an empty keyhash, anyone can use the commands in the server. That is a bug in BFServerManager, which only got noticed, because of the new server version disabling keyhashes.
A workaround is to save a bogus keyhash in every admin, never leaving an empty keyhash field in the list.

#6 2012-11-13 17:55:13

JoJo'
Germany

SOLVED

I talked with the support of lowpingserver.com.
They were very pleased to see that there are still faithfull players out there and they fixed the problem within 24 hours.
When i tested the !commands, they didnt work anymore.

#7 2012-11-13 23:43:49

Denny
Croatia

JoJo' wrote:

SOLVED

I talked with the support of lowpingserver.com.
They were very pleased to see that there are still faithfull players out there and they fixed the problem within 24 hours.
When i tested the !commands, they didnt work anymore.

nice to hear, also looks like this guys have few servers around world, very good to see

Board footer