#1 2016-03-19 20:23:30

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 49.0

[THEORY] Use PunkBuster to take videos of players?

After looking at some PB commands for admins, I've been wondering whether it would perhaps be possible to use the program to record suspicious players.

The following commands are what come to mind for this:

PB_SV_AutoSs [0/1] - we use a value of 1 here since we want PB to take screenshots automatically.

PB_SV_AutoSsFrom - this is the tricky part. By default, PB uses a value of 60 (measured in seconds) to take a SS from the last time it took one. Clearly it is not even close a rate for us to have a movie. If this parameter accepts float values (numbers with decimals) and values that are less than 60 seconds, then we might be able to set it to an extremely small float value. Remember a video of 30 FPS (the lowest rate on Fraps) is equal to one screenshot being taken every 1/30th of a second, 60 FPS is 1/60th, and so on. So for our 30 FPS framerate, a SS would have to be taken approximately every 0.033 second. If, somehow, PB accepts this value, then we can successfully have recorded videos of suspicious players. Navigating to the pbsvss folder, where all the PNG files reside, one would simply have to assemble the hundreds or thousands of image files into an AVI converter, similar to how Fraps operates. You would then have minimum quality videos with a small resolution and no sound.

Yeah, I like to dream. If someone wants to screw around with those PB settings to see what the minimum value allowed is, please be free to do so and report your findings here. Tbh I don't thibk the AutoSsFrom command allows values lower than 1 but it doesn't hurt to try.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-03-19 20:44:23

LL22
Windows 10 Firefox 45.0

Re: [THEORY] Use PunkBuster to take videos of players?

This topic should be in admin section

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2016-03-19 20:53:39

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

LL22 wrote:

nah he is just dreaming smile

Black Mamba wrote:

Yeah, I like to dream.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#4 2016-03-19 22:21:28

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

bud wrote:
LL22 wrote:

nah he is just dreaming smile

Black Mamba wrote:

Yeah, I like to dream.

Give it a try, maybe it'll work, who knows...

#5 2016-03-21 01:24:19

razor
Player
Estonia
Windows 8.1 Chrome 50.0

lol

#6 2016-03-21 17:08:35

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 49.0

I HAVE A DREAM

#7 2016-03-21 19:38:53

SpacePotato
Player
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 13.10586

Black Mamba wrote:

I HAVE A DREAM

So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Battlefield dream.

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all players are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the maps of aX the sons of former teamkillers and the sons of former admins will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day, even the server of SiMPLE FRA, a server sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that players will one day live in a community where they will not be judged by the eliteness of their skills but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day down in MoonGamers, with its vicious teamkillers, with its admins having their lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, one day right there in MoonGamers unskilled players will be able to join hands with skilled players as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places plains, and the crooked places will be made straight, and before the Lord will be revealed, and all players shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the mount with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the genuine discords of our community into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to play together, pray together; to struggle together, to be banned together, to stand up for freedom forever, knowing that we will be free one day.

And I say to you today my friends, let freedom ring. From the skilled players of SiMPLE, let freedom ring. From the mighty servers of aX, let freedom ring. From the small but mighty community of Pixel-Fighter, let freedom ring!

Let freedom ring from the snow capped Battle of the Bulge!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of Operation Battleaxe!

But not only there; let freedom ring from the train HQ of Stalingrad!

Let freedom ring from the airfield in Wake Island!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill in MoonGamers. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every map and sprite, from every server and every mod, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, unskilled players and skilled players, MoonGamers and non MoonGamers, SiMPLEs and aXes, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old gamer spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty, we're free at last!"

Last edited by SpacePotato (2016-03-21 19:46:01)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#8 2016-03-21 22:50:10

SpacePotato
Player

PS: I love the fact that I have a -1 rep for the above post. Probably that basement dwelling moron known as AzurdosBAL...

Last edited by SpacePotato (2016-03-21 22:51:24)

#9 2016-03-21 23:05:57

Zody
москит
Germany
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

SpacePotato wrote:

PS: I love the fact that I have a -1 rep for the above post. Probably that basement dwelling moron known as AzurdosBAL...

Nope that was me. You raped MLK with that post.

#10 2016-03-21 23:16:27

SpacePotato
Player

Zody wrote:

C'mon! It was a joke!

I didn't mean any harm, nor was I intentionally insulting blacks!

Last edited by SpacePotato (2016-03-21 23:17:06)

#11 2016-03-21 23:27:19

Zody
москит
Germany
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

SpacePotato wrote:
Zody wrote:

C'mon! It was a joke!

I didn't mean any harm, nor was I intentionally insulting blacks!

I just like the speech. Didn't even think about blacks.

#12 2016-03-22 03:14:08

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 49.0

SpacePotato wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:

I HAVE A DREAM

So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Battlefield dream.

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all players are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the maps of aX the sons of former teamkillers and the sons of former admins will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day, even the server of SiMPLE FRA, a server sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that players will one day live in a community where they will not be judged by the eliteness of their skills but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day down in MoonGamers, with its vicious teamkillers, with its admins having their lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, one day right there in MoonGamers unskilled players will be able to join hands with skilled players as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places plains, and the crooked places will be made straight, and before the Lord will be revealed, and all players shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the mount with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the genuine discords of our community into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to play together, pray together; to struggle together, to be banned together, to stand up for freedom forever, knowing that we will be free one day.

And I say to you today my friends, let freedom ring. From the skilled players of SiMPLE, let freedom ring. From the mighty servers of aX, let freedom ring. From the small but mighty community of Pixel-Fighter, let freedom ring!

Let freedom ring from the snow capped Battle of the Bulge!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of Operation Battleaxe!

But not only there; let freedom ring from the train HQ of Stalingrad!

Let freedom ring from the airfield in Wake Island!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill in MoonGamers. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every map and sprite, from every server and every mod, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, unskilled players and skilled players, MoonGamers and non MoonGamers, SiMPLEs and aXes, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old gamer spiritual, "Free at last! Free a t last! Thank God almighty, we're free at last!"

+ rep'd

#13 2016-03-23 15:28:48

tiger
Troll
Hong Kong
Windows XP Safari

while pb is on, admins have less excuse to bust away any outsiders those own them. and most importantly, admins themselves cant cheat as well

proposal rejected. thank you very much for contributing the community whose server owner is also a cheater.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#14 2016-04-02 00:47:41

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

tiger wrote:

while pb is on, admins have less excuse to bust away any outsiders those own them. and most importantly, admins themselves cant cheat as well

proposal rejected. thank you very much for contributing the community whose server owner is also a cheater.

I see you haven't read my OP correctly. Try again. This is about trying to film other player's game play with PB.

#15 2016-05-24 13:43:29

sank81
Player
China
Android Opera 11.2

you mean...
player will "live" their playing to server..
and at least 10M bandwidths will be needed..LOL

Board footer