#1 2016-04-14 17:35:28

hanyweh
Player
Bulgaria
Windows 8.1 SeaMonkey 2.40

Please unban me

My player name is hanyweh, I'm playing on "SIMPLE bf1942 (fra)" server (clean bf1942). I was chatting with some people in the game about hack&slash games and server banned me. There seemed to be no warnings or something. I was kicked few times before that for no apparent reason. I can't find where the server rules are, but I guess it's because I've used the word "hack" multiple times. it's unfair to ban me for that, when there are so many people casing trouble in the game and not getting any punishment :S

Do you think people should get banned/kicked for using the word "hack" in game chat ?

1. Yes, I think this word is offensive and people that are using it should be severely punished. (Kick+Ban)
  2. Yes, I think people should be more careful when accusing others for being hackers. But i think banning people for that is too extreme measure (Kick only)
  3. No, I think this is rediculous. Very few people pay attention to the chat anyways, restricting people of saying specific words when they are not even offensive is nonsense.
Total votes: 15

Poll is closed

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#2 2016-04-14 18:40:00

Grove4life5
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 49.0

Re: Please unban me

I don't think you should get banned/kicked/warned for talking about hacks or stuff, but if you would accuse somebody of hacking/cheating constandly (while that player is just playing fair and being good) you should get a kick, not a ban.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#3 2016-04-14 18:59:47

Hydra{SRB}
$hbp
Gibraltar
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

First of all you got autokicked 5 times for using words like hacker,maphack,cheat and admins are there to watch if somebody is cheating.I was online and ABAS as well so we did not kick you you got autokciked because of using forbiden words.So it wasnt by admins.I warned you not to use those words because of autokick and you kept saying it.So there is no warning if you get autokick and you need to learn not to use those words and you will not have any pproblems...

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#4 2016-04-14 19:13:45

Hydra{SRB}
$hbp
Gibraltar
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

And ABAS was with allies team he has a lot of exepience as admin and I think he would notice if somebody cheats...

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#5 2016-04-14 19:52:26

hanyweh
Player
Bulgaria

As I said. I was not accusing anyone for using hacks, I was just speaking generally in the game chat about Diablo2, and cheating. And my exact phrase before I got banned was "Please stop kicking me for saying hack, because I refer to hack&slash games". Being auto-banned by the server is the exact reason why I do this ban appeal, and poll. I think that people should have a say, if they want usage of these words to be punished with bans or not. And with all my respect, having experience as admin doesn't make you expert in catching cheaters. I also have experience as being admin on many servers (not bf1942), and as such I always rely on signals from common people in the game, to warn me for suspicious players, before I check them. I think that's the exact reason why this words should be removed from the auto-kick, auto-ban system of the server.

P.S. By the way it wasn't 5 times, I got kicked exactly 2 times, and then when I tried to express my discontent by saying the phrase I quoted above, I got banned. There was no warnings or anything. Just some admins mocking me by saying that I "suck" and that I am a "noob". But I don't take these things seriously big_smile . If this poll gets enough support, please do something mature and fix your auto-ban system.

Last edited by hanyweh (2016-04-14 20:06:28)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 2

#6 2016-04-14 20:08:04

Hydra{SRB}
$hbp
Gibraltar
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

You sad there is a maphack and thats why you cant cap a flag.Diablo talk was started by another player.And most of people playing on fra simple know this so if they have need to express suspition they use like che4t or something...

#7 2016-04-14 20:09:04

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 13.10586

I will of course check but I am pretty sure you are issued an auto warning by the server?
That said, you were kicked after 3 times of repeating a banned word and then went on to get kicked twice more for the same thing and received an auto ban, how long does it take to get the message across really?

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#8 2016-04-14 20:28:02

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

Why not drawings for warnings instead yellow text ?? smile

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#9 2016-04-14 20:31:52

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 7 Cyberfox 44.0

hanyweh wrote:

As I said. I was not accusing anyone for using hacks, I was just speaking generally in the game chat about Diablo2, and cheating. And my exact phrase before I got banned was "Please stop kicking me for saying hack, because I refer to hack&slash games". Being auto-banned by the server is the exact reason why I do this ban appeal, and poll. I think that people should have a say, if they want usage of these words to be punished with bans or not. And with all my respect, having experience as admin doesn't make you expert in catching cheaters. I also have experience as being admin on many servers (not bf1942), and as such I always rely on signals from common people in the game, to warn me for suspicious players, before I check them. I think that's the exact reason why this words should be removed from the auto-kick, auto-ban system of the server.

P.S. By the way it wasn't 5 times, I got kicked exactly 2 times, and then when I tried to express my discontent by saying the phrase I quoted above, I got banned. There was no warnings or anything. Just some admins mocking me by saying that I "suck" and that I am a "noob". But I don't take these things seriously big_smile . If this poll gets enough support, please do something mature and fix your auto-ban system.

me and hydra consisted that we are not kicking you but u claimed that admins are kicking me ,server wanred you 3 times and kicked u 2 times at least ,also if u use too many of those words you will get banned "banning (player x)for using too many banned words" and reason is clear if you talk about cheats or other thing some new player will learn it and search it  and find the hax ,i apologize if i called u noob or i said u sucks smile

Last edited by ABAS (2016-04-14 20:32:47)

#10 2016-04-14 22:26:07

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 45.0

Having words like "hack" and "cheat" on the forbidden word list is intended to discourage people from making accusations of cheating.  They're not really curse words, but shouldn't be needed for normal in-game conversations.  You need to pay attention when the system is giving you warnings, especially if an admin tells you that you need to pay attention to them.

On the USA server I probably would have started with warnings for chat spam, because it sounds like you were carrying on a conversation unrelated to the current game.  It looks like it went on long enough for you to get kicked at least three (possibly five) times for using forbidden words, so it must have been a fairly long conversation.  That can be disruptive and doesn't really belong in the game, because other players want to see the battlefield, not someone's off-topic conversation.

#11 2016-04-14 23:48:43

hanyweh
Player
Bulgaria

Catpain_Blackadder wrote:

Having words like "hack" and "cheat" on the forbidden word list is intended to discourage people from making accusations of cheating.  They're not really curse words, but shouldn't be needed for normal in-game conversations.  You need to pay attention when the system is giving you warnings, especially if an admin tells you that you need to pay attention to them.

On the USA server I probably would have started with warnings for chat spam, because it sounds like you were carrying on a conversation unrelated to the current game.  It looks like it went on long enough for you to get kicked at least three (possibly five) times for using forbidden words, so it must have been a fairly long conversation.  That can be disruptive and doesn't really belong in the game, because other players want to see the battlefield, not someone's off-topic conversation.

What about getting ban for saying cockroach, while people keep talking racist things in chat and admins even tolerate them ? Is that intended too ? Even more ... any of this words you may or may not use in normal conversation could get you banned:
bullwhack, bullwhacked, bullwhacker, bullwhackers, bullwhacking, bullwhacks, bushwhack, bushwhacked, bushwhacker, bushwhackers, bushwhacking, bushwhacks, cookshack, cookshacks, hack, hackberries, hackberry, hacked, hacker, hackers, hacking, hackish, hackishness, hackle, hackles, hackney, hackneyed, hacks, hacksaw, hacksawed, hacksawing, hacksawn, hacksaws, ramshackle, ramshackled, ramshackles, ramshackling, shack, shacked, shacking, shackle, shackled, shackler, shacklers, shackles, shackling, shacks, unshackle, unshackled, unshackles, unshackling, whack, whacked, whackers, whackier, whackiest, whacking, whackings, whacko, whacks, acockbill, ballcock, ballcocks, cock, cockadoodledoo, cockal, cockaleekie, cockaleekies, cockalorum, cockalorums, cockals, cockamamie, cockamamy, cockamaroo, cockamaroos, cockapoo, cockapoos, cockateel, cockateels, cockatiel, cockatiels, cockatoo, cockatoos, cockatrice, cockatrices, cockbill, cockbilled, cockbilling, cockbills, cockboat, cockboats, cockcrow, cockcrower, cockcrowing, cockcrowings, cockcrows, cocked, cockerel, cockerels, cockernonies, cockernonnie, cockerspaniel, cockerspaniels, cocket, cocketed, cocketing, cockets, cockeye, cockeyed, cockeyedly, cockeyedness, cockeyes, cockfighter, cockfighters, cockfightings, cockhorse, cockhorses, cockier, cockiest, cockily, cockiness, cocking, cockle, cockleboat, cockleboats, cockleshell, cockleshells, cockloft, cocklofts, cockpit, cockpits, cockroach, cockroaches, cocks, cockscomb, cockscombs, cocksure, cocksureness, cocktail, cocktails, cocky, corncockle, corncockles, draincock, draincocks, gamecock, gamecocks, haycock, haycocks, heathcock, heathcocks, moorcock, moorcocks, peacock, peacockish, peacockishly, peacockishness, peacocklike, peacocks, peacocky, petcock, poppycock, poppycocks, recock, recocked, recocking, recocks, shuttlecock, shuttlecocks, stopcock, stopcocks, uncock, uncocked, uncocking, weathercock, weathercocks, woodcock, woodcocks

Those are based on just two of the forbidden words, I don't know how many and which are the forbidden words, but in English language there are just over a million. The chance to say something that may contain forbidden word in itself is quite big , and if you do that 5 times you get banned ... Yet you haven't offended anyone or disturbed the gameplay of others in any way, but people who do that are tolerated or ignored by admins and that's fair ?!

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 2

#12 2016-04-15 00:30:13

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 13.10586

So many cocks smile

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#13 2016-04-15 00:31:17

Hydra{SRB}
$hbp
Gibraltar
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

Dude you really need to keep calm or change server so much spam during operation Aberden.Please stop

#14 2016-04-15 00:56:25

Oscar Goldman
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

Dakota wrote:

Why not drawings for warnings instead yellow text ?? smile

lol!

(BB)DinkW wrote:

So many cocks smile

Liberace had a rooster he trained so instead of saying "cock-L-do-DL-do" it said "Any-cock-will-do!"

Last edited by Oscar Goldman (2016-04-15 00:57:13)

#15 2016-04-15 04:39:46

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

hanyweh wrote:

What about getting ban for saying cockroach, while people keep talking racist things in chat and admins even tolerate them ? Is that intended too ? Even more ... any of this words you may or may not use in normal conversation could get you banned:

[list omitted]

Those are based on just two of the forbidden words, I don't know how many and which are the forbidden words, but in English language there are just over a million. The chance to say something that may contain forbidden word in itself is quite big , and if you do that 5 times you get banned ... Yet you haven't offended anyone or disturbed the gameplay of others in any way, but people who do that are tolerated or ignored by admins and that's fair ?!

My point is that you shouldn't be having a normal conversation during the game.  Keep it related to the current game for the most part.  Admins don't !bspam for one off-topic remark, but if it gets too much it disrupts the game for other players who are trying to see relevant messages or the battlefield, without a bunch of unwanted text blocking the view.

The list can't be perfect, and it does miss some things, but I will warn people if they are using racist language or other things the server doesn't catch.  The only word on your list that I think would ever fit the context of the game is "bushwhack" maybe, so I don't believe that this is as big a problem as you're making it out to be.  There also can be false positives.  Again, pay attention to the yellow server messages and messages from admins.  If you see a warning, think about what you said that might have triggered it and try not to use that word.  You should get two automated warnings before the server kicks you for language, so it isn't that difficult to avoid a kick, let alone a ban.

#16 2016-04-15 05:12:04

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 50.0

hanyweh wrote:
Catpain_Blackadder wrote:

bullwhack, bullwhacked, bullwhacker, bullwhackers, bullwhacking, bullwhacks, bushwhack, bushwhacked, bushwhacker, bushwhackers, bushwhacking, bushwhacks, cookshack, cookshacks, hack, hackberries, hackberry, hacked, hacker, hackers, hacking, hackish, hackishness, hackle, hackles, hackney, hackneyed, hacks, hacksaw, hacksawed, hacksawing, hacksawn, hacksaws, ramshackle, ramshackled, ramshackles, ramshackling, shack, shacked, shacking, shackle, shackled, shackler, shacklers, shackles, shackling, shacks, unshackle, unshackled, unshackles, unshackling, whack, whacked, whackers, whackier, whackiest, whacking, whackings, whacko, whacks, acockbill, ballcock, ballcocks, cock, cockadoodledoo, cockal, cockaleekie, cockaleekies, cockalorum, cockalorums, cockals, cockamamie, cockamamy, cockamaroo, cockamaroos, cockapoo, cockapoos, cockateel, cockateels, cockatiel, cockatiels, cockatoo, cockatoos, cockatrice, cockatrices, cockbill, cockbilled, cockbilling, cockbills, cockboat, cockboats, cockcrow, cockcrower, cockcrowing, cockcrowings, cockcrows, cocked, cockerel, cockerels, cockernonies, cockernonnie, cockerspaniel, cockerspaniels, cocket, cocketed, cocketing, cockets, cockeye, cockeyed, cockeyedly, cockeyedness, cockeyes, cockfighter, cockfighters, cockfightings, cockhorse, cockhorses, cockier, cockiest, cockily, cockiness, cocking, cockle, cockleboat, cockleboats, cockleshell, cockleshells, cockloft, cocklofts, cockpit, cockpits, cockroach, cockroaches, cocks, cockscomb, cockscombs, cocksure, cocksureness, cocktail, cocktails, cocky, corncockle, corncockles, draincock, draincocks, gamecock, gamecocks, haycock, haycocks, heathcock, heathcocks, moorcock, moorcocks, peacock, peacockish, peacockishly, peacockishness, peacocklike, peacocks, peacocky, petcock, poppycock, poppycocks, recock, recocked, recocking, recocks, shuttlecock, shuttlecocks, stopcock, stopcocks, uncock, uncocked, uncocking, weathercock, weathercocks, woodcock, woodcocks

Try to defragment your brain dude...

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#17 2016-04-15 10:42:20

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

Hello. You are unbanned. Please, be nice because our word-filter is very strict. smile

#18 2016-04-15 12:23:19

Sociopatico
Italy
Windows 8.1 Chrome 49.0

...and never type Bruce Dickinson in game chat

#19 2016-04-15 12:34:02

Serebro
iOS Safari 7.0