#1 2016-03-30 23:02:25

DiamondDave
Player
Scotland
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

Could tonights admin be reprimanded for mild abuse of position?

Hi Guys,

Tonight at approx 21:50 Maps went to Coral Sea the nwas skipped and Phillies started because a few players wanted to skip this also. Went to Omaha and numerous players objected, I started map vote and it appeared to be getting a lot of votes quickly I presume to go back to Phillies and Admin BoCas turned off Mapvote in middle of it.

To be honest pretty poor show, Skipping maps because of a few whines then turning off map vote when it seemed a lot of players actually wanted to play those maps but admin presumably didn't(perhaps this is why he was so happy to skip?)

I have to sit through maps I don't like and here are two I enjoy but because a few folk moaned they get skipped? Surely admin shouldn't be skipping maps just because a few people moan? It can't be run and gun CQB deathmatch all the time. I'm sure some of us wanted Navy Battles and a bit of strategy/teamwork etc.

and I'll be up front in case admin mentions it. I did swear by showing my distaste at what I and I hope others felt was a poor decision.

Hopefully some other players support me on this.

My Player name was Das Grosser Eier btw.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-03-31 03:04:46

Whoopz
Denmark
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 49.0

Re: Could tonights admin be reprimanded for mild abuse of position?

Pretty sure this belongs in the "Report abuse" section and not in general "BF1942 Discussion"

However I can agree that this can be annoying, obviously I cannot speak for Bocas, or any other admin, but I would assume that he turned off map voting because it's annoying to watch it pop up every 5 minutes.

It's getting to the point where people are only voting for the maps they like themselves, which is mostly Berlin apparently.

Last edited by Whoopz (2016-03-31 03:09:36)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2016-03-31 03:14:26

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

I agree it can be frustrating when the map gets switched from something I like or to something I don't like.  That said, I also agree with what Whoopz said.  I will turn off map voting on the USA server for that reason after a couple of unsuccessful votes.  I figure if the vote for Stalingrad has failed three times already during the current game, odds are it's going to fail the fourth and fifth times as well.

#4 2016-03-31 03:47:38

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

I vote for Duklapass, but nobody cares.... wink

Last edited by Arkos (2016-03-31 03:48:18)

#5 2016-03-31 05:41:07

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

You swore?  Not appropriate language for an ice cream man.

#6 2016-03-31 20:00:47

DiamondDave
Player
Scotland
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

Apologies I didn't think this should go into the report abuse as no one was really abusive to me.

I agree continual map votes are incredibly annoying however this was the first vote started within minutes after the admin decided to skip it and it appear to be getting lots of votes quickly(could have been yes or no I'm not sure) either way the admin decided to turn it off

Just incredibly annoying thought "result one of my favourite maps and I've caught it from the start" then it gets skipped but to another favourite map and again I think "result" then finally goes to another one similar to the one just played.

Admins are there to keep the peace not skip maps because few people whine and perhaps because he also dislikes the maps.

Board footer