#1 2016-01-23 07:50:41

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 43.0

BFSoldiers - again:

The other night, BFSoldiers were at it again, team wounding, team killing, couple even got banned for multiple kicks, yet they came back again.  Bockerer joined and started to issues kicks and maybe some bans idk.  for awhile he was not able to play cause he was too busy taken care of business (sorry Bockerer for having to deal with immature children) again I beg the senior admins to add the BF - bf Bf - Soldiers on the auto kick list.  They know when admins are not on and they love doing what they can to be ass in the server. 

BFSoldiers_ from 1-19 were on, if these guys IQ are low that they can not come up with any original names of their own.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-01-23 09:10:51

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Re: BFSoldiers - again:

I would, but it seems new players are assigned that name from what tuia said, and not all are rejects.

#3 2016-01-23 15:05:40

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Maybe we could encourage them in game via text to change their name.
The ones that are there to cause trouble will probable not change names.

However new may not know how, by telling them how via console commands
the good/new players might change.

:beer:
Blade

#4 2016-01-23 16:48:55

MrLe0
Vietnam
Windows XP Chrome 47.0

Tell me what time they offen do it Bos. If it in my time zone, i would love to kick them everyday if i see.

#5 2016-01-24 06:32:01

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 43.0

Ok, i'll start a log - thanks for looking into it Pit... ty

#6 2016-01-25 09:07:27

Bock
Player
Austria
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

sorry bos
i not kick automatic players when i got reported they not play correct - i trust u but first i watch reporter players. this may take little time. maybe i should shoot (kick ban) first and ask later if it was correct... would give good discussions and a lot of fun )

#7 2016-01-25 12:05:19

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 47.0

Just kicking auto on BFSoldier would just mean they'd change their name, then be an ass. I don't think it's a big enough barrier to entry. Any anyway, at least when I'm admining, my threshold of evidence and for kick/ban is much much much lower for anyone with BFSoldier as a name. Kindof a handy notation.

#8 2016-01-25 14:05:56

Winston Smith
New Zealand
iOS Safari 9.0

Russ wrote:

Just kicking auto on BFSoldier would just mean they'd change their name, then be an ass. I don't think it's a big enough barrier to entry. Any anyway, at least when I'm admining, my threshold of evidence and for kick/ban is much much much lower for anyone with BFSoldier as a name. Kindof a handy notation.

That's a fair point.  I look at a BFsoldier like an American cop looks at a black man; perhaps they're not doing anything wrong now but I'm sure they will. 

However, I am in favour of banning the handle and forcing playing to pick a unique ID.  There are problems with that, such as new players repeatedly getting kick upon entering and not knowing why.  There would need to be a message saying: "kicked for inappropriate name" otherwise a potential new recruit might give up in frustration. 

Another problem is trolls taking other players names in protest. 

The positive side of all this is having rule abiding players with good intentions choosing an identifiable nickname early on and making friends more easily.  How many times have you said: "hi BFsoldier! Great game yesterday.  Good to see you again."  I'm assuming that not a sentence anyone has said.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#9 2016-01-25 15:51:44

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 43.0

Bock wrote:

sorry bos
i not kick automatic players when i got reported they not play correct - i trust u but first i watch reporter players. this may take little time. maybe i should shoot (kick ban) first and ask later if it was correct... would give good discussions and a lot of fun )

When you have 1 or more regulars on the server reporting about the same issue then in my opinion shouldn't watch just trust your regulars, that is what we are here for, play and also help keep server clean of smacktards.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#10 2016-01-25 18:57:41

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11.0

And there you have it....

just sayin.....

ee eee

#11 2016-01-25 19:55:43

MrLe0
Vietnam
Windows XP Chrome 47.0

BoS wrote:
Bock wrote:

sorry bos

When you have 1 or more regulars on the server reporting about the same issue then in my opinion shouldn't watch just trust your regulars, that is what we are here for, play and also help keep server clean of smacktards.

Cant trust BoS. If you are off guard, he will fly his plane and kills you from behind. P___P

#12 2016-01-25 20:34:27

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

BoS wrote:
Bock wrote:

sorry bos

Hi Bos

It is really not as simple as banning and kicking everyone who calls themselves "BFSoldier".  As has already been explained by Pit the name is used as a generic name for all new players that use the download of the game, like the name "Player" on the original CD version of the game.  While it is true that the name has been adopted by some tards who like to disrupt and annoy, the admins cant just go around kicking and banning at will we have a structure that we must all adhere to otherwise we will be in a state of anarchy.  Please understand that we do take all reports seriously and will look out for these players when they are causing disruption to the server but we cant just ban a player because someone calls him or her out to be a dick, it is not how we operate.  I have had regulars call out you as being a cheat and a hacker and have not reacted but imagine what would have hit the fan afterwards if I had, do you see?

It is also our aim to keep the server free of smacktards so we are on the same page on that one but, as with all things in life, there are procedures and protocols that need to be adhered to.  It is not that we are ignoring your complaints we are acting on them, maybe not as fast as you like but we are acting.  I hope this makes the situation a bit clearer?

Best

DinkW

Last edited by (BB)DinkW (2016-01-25 20:35:25)

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#13 2016-01-25 23:54:08

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 43.0

WELL explained Dink!  +1

(BB)DinkW wrote:
BoS wrote:
Bock wrote:

sorry bos

Hi Bos

It is really not as simple as banning and kicking everyone who calls themselves "BFSoldier".  As has already been explained by Pit the name is used as a generic name for all new players that use the download of the game, like the name "Player" on the original CD version of the game.  While it is true that the name has been adopted by some tards who like to disrupt and annoy, the admins cant just go around kicking and banning at will we have a structure that we must all adhere to otherwise we will be in a state of anarchy.  Please understand that we do take all reports seriously and will look out for these players when they are causing disruption to the server but we cant just ban a player because someone calls him or her out to be a dick, it is not how we operate.  I have had regulars call out you as being a cheat and a hacker and have not reacted but imagine what would have hit the fan afterwards if I had, do you see?

It is also our aim to keep the server free of smacktards so we are on the same page on that one but, as with all things in life, there are procedures and protocols that need to be adhered to.  It is not that we are ignoring your complaints we are acting on them, maybe not as fast as you like but we are acting.  I hope this makes the situation a bit clearer?

Best

DinkW

#14 2016-01-27 09:39:18

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 47.0

BoS wrote:
Bock wrote:

sorry bos

I'm of the policy that if I'm going to kick or ban for something, I almost always need to see it (unless it's a BFSoldier). If many reliable players are complaining and the smacktard is not listening to warnings, meaning I have to suicide/switch team and waste time watching their ass for a minute or two, the minimum ban will usually be 1 week.

#15 2016-01-27 10:52:34

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

BoS wrote:

True...and it is appreciated Bos...but which players an admin chooses to do that with are under their discretion, regulars or not.  I value regulars input and have a lot of regular players I trust to give accurate info...even then like Russ said...I sacrifice my fun to see it for myself as much as possible.

#16 2016-01-27 12:46:23

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 43.0

Pleiades53 wrote:

WELL explained Dink!  +1

(BB)DinkW wrote:
BoS wrote:

Hi Bos

Best

DinkW

I do understand dink what you are saying and also what pitviper is saying, but when you have on that night you had an admin(  Bockerer )was doing what you all stated, switching ruin his fun for the sake of watching these tards.  He banned a couple, BUT those he ban came back after a few minutes again.  Evading bans - from what i'm told numerous times because i was accused of it - is a lifetime ban from the server isn't it?

(in here i addressed what you said about those that accuse me of cheating but that is old news - simple version)

No one person in life can completely blame anyone for their situation or where they are at, if you work hard - put 110% into it you will have a good life.  All i see when those that "hate" is nothing but excuses, prime example Dink, Russ never ever complains or points - he just gotten better - when he's in the server i have to be more on the look out all the way around.  You didn't get anywhere by just sitting there an complain about this and that.

Going back to the topic, these guys have been banned and have been numerous times warn and kick - but they just keep coming back basically splat in the admins faces an smile about it.  Bockerer did what he could, but it was that night a losing battle.

Last edited by BoS (2016-01-27 12:50:54)

#17 2016-01-28 01:26:12

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

That did not stop Karl mr judgement( Russia's finest) from lamenting on simple's inability to keep these proxy jumping hash and ip changing tards off the server.  If tuia is unable to stop these guys...how does anyone think regular admins can?  Oh yea...karlson expects it.

#18 2016-01-28 02:37:57

Ks Myaz
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Yesterday BFsoldier being a tking smacktard as usual on USA. There is one identifier for this particular Bfsoldier: This guy always pings exactly 20. He loves to find me and teamwound or tk me. I reported to admin who I think was Tookie playing under a different name, but as usual doesn't give a shit unless it affects him.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#19 2016-01-28 04:32:09

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Myaz,
A ping of 20 should make that "Bfsoldier" easy to spot.
I don't doubt this guy will be on a watch list.

:beer:
Blade

#20 2016-01-28 15:21:22

TOOKIE GOODNITE
impeached (twice)
United States
Website
Windows 8.1 Firefox 43.0

I was "HENRY FRICK" & dont remember the complaint.

Board footer