#1 2015-09-23 04:37:52

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

SgtBilko

I've seen this name on the servers before, but never noticed any trouble from him, so this was kind of weird today during a game of Aberdeen on USA.  I'm mainly looking for a little feedback from other people who were there as to what was going on.  There were a couple of admins on at the time (or they possibly joined the game in the middle of it), who were helpful, but I didn't really have time to explain what was going on, so they may be wondering about the details as well.

I was away from most of the earlier action in this game because I was guarding one of the flags in the rear against possible infiltrators, but then later most of the action came to the flag I was at.  At one point the flag was being attacked by several tanks, and my team destroyed some of them.  Then I started getting wounded and heard the sound effects that indicate friendly fire and saw SgtBilko who it looked like had been shooting me.  But it seemed like he shot me some more even after that.  Then I got killed by an enemy tank, at least partly because of being distracted by the friendly fire.  I can understand accidentally shooting a teammate when trying to shoot at the enemy, but I don't think that was it since bullets are ineffective against tanks.  I made a comment about team wounding in the chat, although I didn't name anyone.

After this incident my team lost the flag and I re-spawned at the main base near an unoccupied tank.  I saw SgtBilko there too, and I think but can't remember for sure that he shot at me with some kind of small arms fire as I approached the tank.  Then when I got into the tank something hit me and destroyed my tank and killed me.  I saw messages in the chat window, "Catpain Blackadder is no more," and "SgtBilko killed a teammate."  I believe he was kicked after this, but came back.  I was pretty angry after that, and he claimed that I made him TK me, whatever that means; I know there are tricks some people pull to get TKed, but I didn't do anything of the sort.  He then claimed he couldn't have TKed anyone because he didn't have a negative score.  When I pointed out that being kicked caused his score to be reset to zero he made a juvenile comment about my mother.

Anyway, I'm puzzled by this incident because I don't remember having any incidents or even speaking to him before.  At least one other person said he had been camping and TKing.  Has anyone else had problems with him?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2015-09-23 05:08:55

Winston Smith
New Zealand
iOS Safari 8.0

Re: SgtBilko

Bloody hell.  Um, I'll come back and read that later...,

#3 2015-09-23 05:16:20

Winston Smith
New Zealand
iOS Safari 8.0

I feel like I may have kicked/warned him before.  The name's familiar but I'm not sure.  All in all it sounds like some TKing dipshit causing trouble.  He could be drinking, or perhaps he's just having a bad day.  Maybe he's a South African fan taking out his frustration where he can..., if I see him I'll keep an eye on 'em.

#4 2015-09-23 05:19:57

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 10 Waterfox 38.1

I banned him 3 days for tking and disrupting today. He came back with different key hash, I banned permanently for avoiding ban. It will stay this way until he comes to forums and fills out an unban request.

FotS

#5 2015-09-23 16:14:36

MÅrco
Administrator
United States
Website
OS X Firefox 38.0

i've kicked him before.

#6 2015-09-23 17:55:15

Lecter
Where´s Clarice?
Portugal
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

Bilko is a known ban evader. For that only I would keep banning him until he gets tired and decides to go play to ax server.

#7 2015-11-02 00:52:02

roberte94066
Player
United States
OS X Safari 9.0

Lecter, I do not know who this other Bilko is, but I am the Bilko you used to play with on Nateos, and I am mad as hell because I have been permanently banned by Janet Reno for something I wasn't even involved in.  I served my months suspension I was given at first because I was going on a weeks vacation and didn;t frankly know how to provide all the info they wanted. Now I come back and find I am banned permanently--wtf??

#8 2015-11-02 05:08:52

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

As I mentioned in my original post, I've seen SgtBilko or a similar name in games before the incident I reported, and never noticed any problems.  I think it's possible that it was someone else using that name during the incident, but I'll leave that up to the admins to determine.

#9 2015-11-02 05:32:40

roberte94066
Player
United States
OS X Safari 9.0

Probably because I've been playing this game for 10 years or so, started out on Nateos and have always tried to obey any servers rules. I have contributed to servers, played fair, tried to be a team player, because I love this game and hate any form of hacking. My name has been hacked by some punk and I feel I got showboated. Lecter should remember me from the years I played on Nateos, before it went belly up.

#10 2015-11-02 07:55:37

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 12.10240

You are banned for evading a previous ban. 
You will need to raise an unban request in the correct section, this area is for reporting abuse.

The admin that banned you I am sure will respond once this is in the right place.

#11 2015-11-02 14:23:31

roberte94066
Player
United States
OS X Safari 9.0

I did, and I also explained there that I did not try to evade a ban.  I didn't know until I tried to logon with my secondary id that it was a ban.

#12 2015-11-02 15:10:02

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

You do understand the rules about evading a ban?

This might help :http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3

At the time you were kicked and banned for team killing you would have received a message from the server to say that you are banned, so you really cant use the "I didn't know" as any form of excuse the rules are very clear on this.  You should have raised an unban request at that time but instead you decided that it would be ok to try and enter the server using a different ID and this has been perceived as an attempt to evade the ban, please see rules regarding this.

Either way this topic needs to remain in the unban requests section and not in abuse because no abuse has taken place, please take this back to the correct area you will not get a ban lifted from this section.
It will remain down to the admin that placed the ban to reply or release the ban so you will not be able to get around this by opening threads elsewhere.

#13 2015-11-02 15:20:07

roberte94066
Player
United States
OS X Safari 9.0

I have already presented my case, and I did not get a banned message.  What I did do was try to logon, and then got  an unable to connect message. I believe the hacker got that message, but whatever-

#14 2015-11-02 16:37:38

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

Well in that case you are good to go!

Your hash key will not be banned nor will your IP address because it was not you so you should have no problems.
I would suggest however that you try a different name because "Sgt Bilko" is still in the bans list and that may cause you a problem.

#15 2015-11-02 17:07:12

roberte94066
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

Thank you, I will most definitely try a different name in the future!

#16 2015-11-04 05:22:45

roberte94066
Player
United States
OS X Safari 9.0

DinkW, thank you for the advice.  I tried using my "Old Coot" alter ego, which I use sometimes, and I am banned from your server.  How I was spoofed, I just don't know, but obviously no one will reconsider their decision.  After playing this game for over 10 years, it is a bitter pill to swallow.  Oh well--

#17 2015-11-04 10:03:05

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 12.10240

Ok firstly what you can do is stop all this nonsense about being spoofed and "I believe the hacker got the message" it is YOU who was banned from the server no one else.  You have not been spoofed or the victim of mistaken identity so please stop wasting my time and yours with all this nonsense.

PM me your IP address and your hash key and I will speak to the admin that raised the ban and see what he would like to do with it, that is assuming you know which one you were using when you were banned?  Do not post any of your hash keys or IP addresses in the open forum and please stop playing the victim ok?

Thanks

Board footer