#1 2015-10-15 05:29:42

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Joystick throttle settings change during game

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick.  I have it configured so that pushing the throttle all the way forward gives me full throttle, but pulling it all the way back gives me throttle off, as opposed to reverse throttle; I just use the S key for reverse throttle.  This is the way I want it.

The problem I have is that sometimes during a session my joystick settings will be changed; this may happen between games in a session, or possibly even mid-game.  The settings will change on me in one of two ways: 1) the throttle is reversed from what I set it, so that pushing forward turns off the throttle and pulling back gives more throttle; or 2) throttle in the neutral position (middle) will be off, and full forward or full back will give me full or reverse throttle, although not necessarily respectively.  I don't do anything special to get the settings back to how I want them.  If I restart BF1942.EXE they go back to how I had them, and possibly also when a new game starts, although I can't remember for certain.

Anyway, at no point during these situations do I go into the Settings menu, so nothing is getting changed there.

This problem has caused me to go over the side on a carrier, and even caused at least one TK.  Has anyone seen anything like this or know what could cause it?

Last edited by Catpain_Blackadder (2015-10-15 05:31:25)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2015-10-15 09:17:22

SleveN
Sweden
Windows 10 Chrome 46.0

Re: Joystick throttle settings change during game

I use THIS application to configure my joystick settings. It's already bounded to the current BF1942 config file but you can change the settings to whatever makes your boat float. I also never had any conflicts with it unlike BF42 in game menu but make sure you always run the app everytime you start the game.

Scan the file  here before you execute in case you're having doubts. It's always smart!

Last edited by SleveN (2015-10-15 09:18:26)

#3 2015-10-15 21:55:41

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 46.0

Re: Joystick throttle settings change during game

On Linux I have an app where I can arbitrarily program stuff to make a virtual joystick/mouse, really wish I could find it's equal on windows. Most useful feature was to enable mouse look (for planes) on hat switch left, up, or right and then have a virtual mouse pan all the way in the proper direction.

Board footer