#1 2013-11-10 23:44:23

Kobra
Germany
Windows 8 Chrome 30.0

Midway Carrier

Was playing midway today and Frank(Ger) was using the carrier to ram enemy destroyers+sub to destroy them. I told him to stop and that i would kick him next time he's doing it. Frank said that it's someting good becuase carrier has a faster respawn than the destroyers. Now maybe he will post his statement here cos i told him i will open a topic here. So rest, what are your thought? wink

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2013-11-10 23:49:00

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine
Android Safari 4.0

Re: Midway Carrier

Sometimes you have to lose something to gain something better
If his team own flags on island then why not smile

#3 2013-11-11 00:00:07

DC
Flamer
Austria
iOS Safari

I am totally with kobra. I can remember they had just one sea flag. Not just kobra told him to stop. It was even not possible for the plane to take off, cause the flaks of the other carrier shot the plane immediately down.

Btw kobra he rammed everything, including carrier pow, destroyer and so on but sinking was nothing as far i know.

#4 2013-11-11 00:07:26

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 30.0

agree with hook, if you have flags its ok, otherwise you should kick him for dis

#5 2013-11-11 00:27:56

Kobra
Germany
Windows 8 Chrome 30.0

Well guys, even if you have the islandflags for example and he is on his way to B6 or something, he needs this time and while this time your team probably looses the islandflags+other shipds get destroyed and then you are forced to spawn on the carrier where you might get raped.

#6 2013-11-11 00:35:51

DC
Flamer
Austria
iOS Safari

For me it is the same like beaching the carrier or doing shit with apc.

I just saw it that my experience werent made at the same time like the ones from kobra, just a rotation before.

Last edited by DC (2013-11-11 01:12:17)

#7 2013-11-11 01:48:35

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows XP Firefox 25.0

Hello,
as long as this question is not clear, i stopped using that tactic.
Normally it is very bad to bring that ship close to the enemy cause it respawns late and its Planes are important, like in reallity. USA were able to fight the japanese cause they did not loose their 3 carriers at Pearl Harbor.
The original spawntime was much longer but now it´s less then a half minute, so the airsupport and respawnpoint are not in Danger.
Leaving the carrier at the spawn gives the enemy the chance to kill the spawning and starting Pilots and continiously sink the ship with naval guns. i did that too, very effective. If that happens it sinks far more often then in movement, hiding the carrier somewhere is a solution but doing that is relativly boring and if it sinks the survivers will drown cause the new carrier spawns elsewhere. Ramming is one of the oldest tactics in naval warfare to sink enemy ships, it is allready used in BF1942 by the captains of destroyers and battleships to turn the enemy hull to get the guns out of action. This works too with a carrier and the big hull can overrun the hull of a destroyer, under water the destroyer takes more damage and sinks. During the last days i sunk at least two destroyers and two submarines with Enterprise, the subs get destroyed immediately. If it is done right, the carrier survives ramming a destroyer too despite its gunfire. The submarines respawn very fast too so it does not make sense to hunt them with carrier but when it comes to the situation that you see one in front of you, ramming it is the best thing you can do instead of getting sunk by endless torpedos. Ramming battleship or enemy carrier is not that effective but sometimes that ships can be rammed out of the map to cause some losses, battleship can be severely damaged to increase the chances of own battleship. Duing the ramming its guns can only be used to one side, so the carrier + own destroyer can sink enemy battleship. To bring the carrier into battle also allows to shot down a good number of enemy Planes. Its aa is better then the aa of the battleships, exspecially of the Yamato. Additionally the carrier can take flags, one round i got most points on allied team only using enterprise.

So i propose: Allow this tactic because it is not disruptive or increase spawntime of the carrier significant to make that tactic disruptive. I guess the spawntime is that low because many ppl. are bored in that map if they don´t get a plane or other vehicle.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#8 2013-11-11 02:04:01

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 8 Firefox 25.0

Sometimes I kick people who are trying to beach the carrier because this movement can spoil the game and the team can lose the advantage in the air. It's better to hide the carrier somewhere far from the island and the spawn point.

#9 2013-11-11 02:09:51

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows XP Firefox 25.0

@DC: I did not ram POW cause it was on my side;) but i did ram Yamato and helped to sink it, its spawntime is pretty long. I do not remember that many allied planes got shot down while i rammed axis carrier but i do remember many axis planes we shot down and exept one time, enemy carrier sunk or got rammed out of map. smaller ships sink easyier and they did.
When planes start i avoid sharp maneuvers and while i was underway, most planes could start. Problems with starting can happen too if you try to hide the ship.
@Kobra: You might get raped too if you try to hide ship and you will get raped if you leave it on spawn but you don´t get raped that easyly if you have the initiative with continious movement and good aa to get enemy planes down.
Edit: @DC: Now i remember better, you were not in my team. You were in Axis team and i shot you down at least twice with aa during the ramming of axis carrier. Your post sounds like you were in my team, pls don´t try to fool us. No wonder you couldn´t take off, you seem to be still angry cause of that kills.

Last edited by Frank(Ger) (2013-11-11 11:28:22)

#10 2013-11-11 15:13:24

RamYam
Croatia
Windows XP Chrome 30.0

Interesting tactic, I think its not dis game play.

Frank(Ger) wrote:

Hello,
as long as this question is not clear, i stopped using that tactic.
Normally it is very bad to bring that ship close to the enemy cause it respawns late and its Planes are important, like in reallity. USA were able to fight the japanese cause they did not loose their 3 carriers at Pearl Harbor.
The original spawntime was much longer but now it´s less then a half minute, so the airsupport and respawnpoint are not in Danger.
Leaving the carrier at the spawn gives the enemy the chance to kill the spawning and starting Pilots and continiously sink the ship with naval guns. i did that too, very effective. If that happens it sinks far more often then in movement, hiding the carrier somewhere is a solution but doing that is relativly boring and if it sinks the survivers will drown cause the new carrier spawns elsewhere. Ramming is one of the oldest tactics in naval warfare to sink enemy ships, it is allready used in BF1942 by the captains of destroyers and battleships to turn the enemy hull to get the guns out of action. This works too with a carrier and the big hull can overrun the hull of a destroyer, under water the destroyer takes more damage and sinks. During the last days i sunk at least two destroyers and two submarines with Enterprise, the subs get destroyed immediately. If it is done right, the carrier survives ramming a destroyer too despite its gunfire. The submarines respawn very fast too so it does not make sense to hunt them with carrier but when it comes to the situation that you see one in front of you, ramming it is the best thing you can do instead of getting sunk by endless torpedos. Ramming battleship or enemy carrier is not that effective but sometimes that ships can be rammed out of the map to cause some losses, battleship can be severely damaged to increase the chances of own battleship. Duing the ramming its guns can only be used to one side, so the carrier + own destroyer can sink enemy battleship. To bring the carrier into battle also allows to shot down a good number of enemy Planes. Its aa is better then the aa of the battleships, exspecially of the Yamato. Additionally the carrier can take flags, one round i got most points on allied team only using enterprise.

So i propose: Allow this tactic because it is not disruptive or increase spawntime of the carrier significant to make that tactic disruptive. I guess the spawntime is that low because many ppl. are bored in that map if they don´t get a plane or other vehicle.

#11 2013-11-11 15:19:42

DC
Flamer
Austria
Unknown Opera 11.10

seriously frank.if you would be honest, you wozld say that you had one sea flag and that you were destroying the most important spawn point of your team. btw you flaked me one time then i spawned somewhere else, cause i could, your team couldnt.

#12 2013-11-11 16:48:45

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows XP Firefox 25.0

It happened that when i was using carrier in fight we had no island flag, and? Didn´t we have any other spawnpoints? Can you know? Guess who took the seaflag with which ship. Was the allied carrier a bad spawnpoint that time? Do you know as Axie? Many planes started from it during it was underway and in action. If it sunk, a very short time later it respawns and airsupport could go on with next to no interruption. Axis carrier had more interruption, more casualties and took no flag. You wrote that no planes could take off, you meant axis carrier but you wrote it as if it was allied one. The tactic is disruptive for the enemy, you wrote it yourself.
seriously, if you would be honest, you wouldn´t use axis casualties as arguments against allied tactics.

#13 2013-11-11 17:01:39

Denny
Croatia
Windows XP Firefox 25.0

Shit, I think  Admiral Frank just tought us a lesson in bf big_smile
But as he said, its only good when carrier spawns after 30 seconds like it is now

#14 2013-11-11 17:04:45

RedTooth952
Player
Philippines
iOS Safari 6.0

I think Admiral Frank here is a real marine soldier.. How the hell could he possibly think of all those tactics? big_smile

#15 2013-11-11 19:23:46

seventy
Windows 7 Firefox 25.0

RedTooth952 wrote:

I think Admiral Frank here is a real marine soldier..

Yes, but he started small.

qvtu32cr.jpg

#16 2013-11-11 20:49:25

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland
Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11.0

lmao @ seventy

Last edited by Red Scorpion (2013-11-11 20:49:41)

#17 2013-11-11 21:47:28

Nosferatu
Netherlands
Windows XP Chrome 30.0

seventy wrote:
RedTooth952 wrote:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/131111/qvtu32cr.jpg

Haha, the moment he starts to shoot he will backwards twice as fast as he is going forward tongue

#18 2013-11-12 00:40:03

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows XP Firefox 25.0

coast guard with SMG? Like a police helicopter with unguided rockets cool
If the empty shell cases fall into the boat, the bottom may melt tongue

Last edited by Frank(Ger) (2013-11-12 00:41:47)

#19 2013-11-12 03:04:01

nomax
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 25.0

seventy wrote:
RedTooth952 wrote:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/131111/qvtu32cr.jpg

i almost shit my pants when i saw your post! what a laugh!

Board footer