#1 2024-10-12 22:09:53

{Phantom}
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

Kamikaze should not be ILLEGAL

Admins out here making up their own rules. I did not do it, but was playing when an admin told a player not to kamikaze his airplane.. like seriously, what's next.. do not use the bombs?

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2024-10-13 01:13:04

Serebro
Android Chrome 129.0

Re: Kamikaze should not be ILLEGAL

Kamikaze is allowed. What map were you playing and what was the scene when a player got his warning?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2024-10-13 02:32:47

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

If I see you crashing a plane instead of pressing right click I'm calling the cops.

#4 2024-10-17 21:24:18

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows 10 Firefox 131.0

A few days ago in battle of brittain, i was gunner in a pretty fresh B17 and the pilot approached the axis base in low altitude and without warning/chance to bail he used it as kamikaze plane. I only warned him (i was probably too forgiving) and we had a discussion about it.
I don't know if you are this nice person but i like to state the following:
1. In my eyes, it ist disruptive gameplay to unnecessarily sacrifice crewmembers as like driving a car into a river on purpose with a passenger.
2. Using a fully armed heavy Bomber in Good condition without additional crew as kamikaze plane could be considered disruptive too (especially if they do not spawn like mushrooms in autumn like in Battle of brittain).
I have no problem with kamikaze attacks in general but there should to be boundaries of acceptable behavior, for example concerning aspects of indirect teamkilling and wasting of rare valueable vehicles. If someone wants to destroy an enemy Bomber as Kamikaze, a fighter plane does the job.
If you are out of bombs in B17 for example and suffered damage and won't make it home anyway and warned your Crew, it's a completely different story.

Last edited by Frank(Ger) (2024-10-17 21:29:27)

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#5 2024-10-20 15:14:21

dary
Administrator
Website
Windows 10 Opera 114.0

It depends on the situation. If it's done now and then for a reason (like take the flag e.g.) then it's fine.
But if people only take a plane to crash all the time then it's disruptive. It's common sense imo and only done to annoy players.

When basecamp was allowed nobody would waste planes like this. It's like trading a Queen again a Rook in game of chess.

In Forgotton Hope it's not allowed as well, so the comparison with "not allowing bombs" is a bit far-fetched.

#6 Today 09:11:18

Winston Smith
New Zealand
Unknown Chrome 129.0

"In Forgotton Hope it's not allowed as well, so the comparison with "not allowing bombs" is a bit far-fetched."

I'd like to learn more about Forgotten Hope. I don't know much about it, and every time I try to join a server I get kicked. This isn't related to this thread about kamikaze bombers, but where can I find more information about FH?

#7 Today 09:35:03

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

Shaddap all you excusers, it may be a 2001 game,
but what if the planes cost you 5 bucks or more each time to throw away like that?

Or consider how, the Germans, only began to systematically ram B17s and other bombers
when a special unit was formed for it at their most desperate, late late war,
already losing to lost meaning it was more out of spite, denial than anything else and it was completely retarded,
you are showing NO RESPECT, for the grounded sense parameters of how pilots would behave,
they would not fucc  themselves like that, over and over, systematically just to bully ONE PLAYERS game,
SO FUCC YOU goof, all you rammer shitbirds,
it only shows you absolutely DO NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES to take US on
in any level playing field as if B17 with most ppl isn't one sided enough as is,
but I and thusly also Karwz (thanks to intense training by me and on his own merit and skill)
make work as a genuine heavy payload carrying element
that is also an air to air defense and offense weapons platform as well as some ground to air with guns alone...

The exceptions for this personally are unavoidable and or strong opportunistic instances,
where it HAS to be rammed to prevent escape take off, and its usually NOT an outright suicide kamekazi
but a dive ditch rocket of the plane with bailout as an improvised missile,
to keep from take off, as well as paying back RAMMERS like they deserve,
if they're gonna be like that, then they can get it up the arse as they do to others like they so richly deserve!

Thank you for cumming to my TEDTalk!

*mic drop*

Last edited by Zatoichi (Today 09:39:57)

Board footer