#1 2024-10-08 20:47:28

dwood0079
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

Ban on Omaha Beach; axis artillery firing at allied ship

Hello. I do not know why I was banned nor the duration. Omaha Beach I was in an artillery gun at the top. As usual several German players rushed the beach rendering it pretty much uncapturable by the allied team. I was shooting the ship with my defgun. I killed 3 allied players and did not team kill anyone. The ship sunk and I fired about a dozen or so more shots where the ship had been. My score was 3 3 0. Invictus ABAS who I am guessing is the admin said "kill .19" (I was player 19). I was killed. I respawned and said "f u why was I killed?" Invictus ABAS then said "ban .19" and now I am banned. I cannot find under the forum rules the reason for the ban. I also do not know the duration. I am requesting the duration of the ban, the reasoning, and am also requesting the ban be lifted as soon as possible. I literally was just shooting the enemy ship with the defgun. If the ban was for saying "f u" then I apologize however an explanation before a ban would've been appreciated. I still would like to know why he had me killed. I've looked up and down the rules and I do not know what I violated other than possibly being accused of pixel shooting. However, as mentioned I was shooting the ship and the ship sunk. Plus, on Omaha the ship could be anywhere. Thank you

GI_fuzzy_nuts
Simple Server (the main one)
10/08/2024 approximately 3pmEST

Last edited by dwood0079 (2024-10-08 22:23:40)

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#2 2024-10-09 02:03:48

dwood0079
Player
United States
Android Chrome 129.0

Re: Ban on Omaha Beach; axis artillery firing at allied ship

Ok possibly the ban was for firing at the ship before they flagged the beach? Please do lmk. I am well aware you cannot fire into an uncapturable base but i would not think the ship would be off limits whether or not the beach has been captured by the allies. I really have no idea. Thanks

Last edited by dwood0079 (2024-10-09 02:05:13)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2024-10-09 02:42:13

Xberg
Administrator
Iceland
Windows 10 Chrome 128.0

Hi dwood0079 / GI_fuzzy_nuts

I don't see the reason why you got banned nor how long than ban is, please wait for the admin that banned you to respond.

Thanks.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#4 2024-10-09 23:23:53

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 131.0

you had no target and you were aiming on ship while it was moving back and front. can you explain how you could see ship movement?

Last edited by ABAS (2024-10-09 23:25:01)

#5 2024-10-10 02:15:42

dwood0079
Player
United States
Android Chrome 129.0

ABAS wrote:

you had no target and you were aiming on ship while it was moving back and front. can you explain how you could see ship movement?

I had a target earlier. I think you should go back and watch the video from an earlier start. Albeit it wasn't a great target. Whoever gave it was in the bunker half way down the hill that is on the west side of the map. Their target was of the bunker itself so they must have been in the bunker when they gave the spot. I could see my shot long enough in the air before the screen went back to that bunker. I already stated I could see myself hitting the ship, then watched the ship sink, then fired about a dozen or so more shots after it sank. The target did go away a few shots after I watched the ship sink.

I' d also like to point out i've been playing in the Simple server sometimes 5 or 6 days per week for at least the past 7 years if not longer under the name GI_fuzzy_nuts and only this name. I know its been that long since the only ban i've ever had for longer than 15mins (I did have 2 15min bans in the past 7 years) was in 2017 for firing artillery into main base for 1 month. That was 7 years ago and I of course read the rules and realized why I was banned. I've never been accused of cheating by an admin. Only on rare occasions by other players always without a shred of proof just someone upset complaining to an admin during the map which of course admins ignored because it was total BS just them being upset. My score is usually not even in the top 10.

When on Omaha axis I always try to get the defgun as its one of my strengths in this game. Please if you have time watch any Omaha Map I've played in as axis. I am not a cheat and have absolutely nothing to hide. I am hoping the ban will be lifted by tomorrow as i'd like to play tomorrow afternoon. If you need anything further from me please let me know and I'll be happy to provide. Thank you, GI_fuzzy_nuts

Last edited by dwood0079 (2024-10-10 02:52:44)

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#6 2024-10-10 07:10:02

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Unknown Firefox 130.0

That's easy. You were banned because the allied couldn't capture the beach, twice. Everyone was pissed off and one of them happened to be an admin who found someone to punish for all of it. Some other admins have started to use !kill command on axis players that run to the beach. While actually none of it is the players fault, either rewrite the rules or remod the map.
Also thank the 7 second spawns that make the games dull and one sided. Spawntimes that used to range from 3 to 18 seconds gave the game more dynamics, allowed to regroup and gave both teams a chance.

#7 2024-10-10 17:45:31

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 131.0

dwood0079 wrote:
ABAS wrote:

I had a target earlier. I think you should go back and watch the video from an earlier start. Albeit it wasn't a great target. Whoever gave it was in the bunker half way down the hill that is on the west side of the map. Their target was of the bunker itself so they must have been in the bunker when they gave the spot. I could see my shot long enough in the air before the screen went back to that bunker. I already stated I could see myself hitting the ship, then watched the ship sink, then fired about a dozen or so more shots after it sank. The target did go away a few shots after I watched the ship sink.

I' d also like to point out i've been playing in the Simple server sometimes 5 or 6 days per week for at least the past 7 years if not longer under the name GI_fuzzy_nuts and only this name. I know its been that long since the only ban i've ever had for longer than 15mins (I did have 2 15min bans in the past 7 years) was in 2017 for firing artillery into main base for 1 month. That was 7 years ago and I of course read the rules and realized why I was banned. I've never been accused of cheating by an admin. Only on rare occasions by other players always without a shred of proof just someone upset complaining to an admin during the map which of course admins ignored because it was total BS just them being upset. My score is usually not even in the top 10.

When on Omaha axis I always try to get the defgun as its one of my strengths in this game. Please if you have time watch any Omaha Map I've played in as axis. I am not a cheat and have absolutely nothing to hide. I am hoping the ban will be lifted by tomorrow as i'd like to play tomorrow afternoon. If you need anything further from me please let me know and I'll be happy to provide. Thank you, GI_fuzzy_nuts

your explaination was reviewd by admins. the ban was wrong from view of other admins. your ban will be lifted

#8 2024-10-10 17:50:45

dwood0079
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

OK thanks!

#9 2024-10-10 18:01:01

Paul Baumer
SiMPLE | Guardian Angel
Ukraine
Windows 10 Opera 113.0

Your explanation makes sense Fuzzy, evidence collected was not enough to state there was an abuse on rules on your side. Sorry for trouble, you can play.
Ban was not wrong according to views of some admins but according to protocol and general rules - views are subjective and can vary but Admins protocol and Server Rules are there to guarantee possibly objective treatment to players and cannot be matter of discussion. Not enough evidence to state rulebreak - no ban, as simple as that and it is written in our rules and Admin's Code.

#10 2024-10-11 14:37:39

dwood0079
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

Hello Paul and thanks for the explanation. I had no problem joining the server yesterday. All your help is very much appreciated.

#11 2024-10-11 17:16:39

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

Don't become 7, ABAS.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#12 2024-10-12 05:42:21

seVen

Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

Darcano wrote:

Don't become 7, ABAS.

That was a different admin.  But if I were to ban a player on the assumption of cheating, you'd certainly qualify.

#13 2024-10-12 16:53:30

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 129.0

No need to prove me right.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#14 2024-10-12 17:24:58

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 17.1

It's like in our country when there is a trial between a policeman who killed a harmless bully during the arrest and the victims in the person of his family, there the judge also answered to the lies of the policeman "there is no reason dont believe the words of the guardian of law n order, there is no doubt in his words." They don't even need proof of words, but when ordinary people talk about crimes, they always requires to get a video, I wouldn't be surprised if they tell us to get into their home, stand behind their back and record, or personally bring the culprit. That's the same in our game) admins can ban anyone if their insignificant ego is affected by superior skill, without proof. If this fuzzy nuts hadn't come here, would’ve he remained banned huh Abas?And would you keep quiet about it until you were caught off guard huh Abas? Very responsible, a manly act. And when I and others talk about an excessive bugging, you and many other immediately answer "record it and it will be deal" ufff what a loud words. Air tremor

Last edited by Russian MadMax (2024-10-12 17:26:19)

Board footer