#1 2024-07-02 10:49:46

hacbard
Player
Germany
Windows 10 Chrome 126.0

Proposal for map rotation

Hey all,

the server is mostly empty during daytime (CEST) and when i see a map like Philly, Gazala or Market Garden running, myself, and I think also other people, dont feel like jumping in for some minutes. But i could imagine, if smaller maps a running, that are fun to play with a lower population, some players would connect, stay and play a round. This might lead to a more populated server at all during that time of the day.

For example:  Berlin is running and 4 people playing it; this motivates 4 more players to connect and play the round. If the next map is a small one again, the chance might be higher that some stay. And so on...

My assumption is, that a less populated server attracts more people than a zero populated server, if the rigth map is provided.

The map rotation could contain maps like: Kursk, Stalingrad, Berlin, Battleaxe, Aerdeen. Some of them i a modded version maybe. Berlin without tanks for example. 

Please think about, if this is worth trying to rise the overall numbers of player during that daytime. The good thing about this idea is, that simple has nothing to lose. The server is almost empty now at this time and the worst thing that could happen is that its empty too, after trying the suggested rotaion.

Im talking about the time betwen 4am - 3 or 4pm (my guess).

Thank you

Greetings hacbard

edit: I know that there is map vote enabled and one could say, just vote for the map u want to play. But i think its not the same compared to a selected map list. For the mentioned daytime simple could become a place, where people know that only small maps are beeing played. At best in a modded version so that they even fit better. Like a trademark smile. The slogan could be: If u wanna have fun with less people, come to simple!

Last edited by hacbard (2024-07-02 12:26:56)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2024-07-02 13:38:31

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 126.0

Re: Proposal for map rotation

Said it before,
people only play kursk because they're forced to,
thusly the population is sometimes higher on it,
but the list needs to be streamlined, voting completely disabled until the day has fully run its course,
and less than 20 players present to enact it, Brit, Market, Bocage, Caen, Coral
should be playing at least twice a day, Battle ass barely needs to be in there at all,
restore the b17s to Midway because removing them was total bullshit,
and the same for the mainbase m10 on bulge,
and no more bullshit Omaha replays each day because of an admin bias for the map with voting,
people need a FU@KING SCHEDULE HERE TO PLAN AROUND, not willy nilly the f all over back to same maps,
list being regressed and reset back 4 maps over and over...

Last edited by Zatoichi (2024-07-02 13:40:57)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2024-07-12 23:50:39

tragic
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 126.0

Re: Proposal for map rotation

+1 hacbard
Good news: Easy fixes
Bad news: Admins are AFK and apathetic at the moment.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer