#1 2023-06-05 22:31:38

Nosferatu
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

Gazala

Why is Gazala removed from map rotation? If you guys start removing maps why not begin with El Alamein CTF or just make it normal again...

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#2 2023-06-06 23:56:10

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Re: Gazala

Gazala was removed from the maplist because it is being reformulated, probably move the control point to the hidden airfield, like it was in aX server. Any suggestions you may have to Gazala map? By the way, some other maps will also be tweaked.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2023-06-07 02:50:06

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

tuia wrote:

Any suggestions you may have to Gazala map?

Put it back...

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#4 2023-06-07 06:13:30

AlistairM
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 113.0

tuia wrote:

Gazala was removed from the maplist because it is being reformulated, probably move the control point to the hidden airfield, like it was in aX server. Any suggestions you may have to Gazala map? By the way, some other maps will also be tweaked.

I don't mind Gazala being temporally removed for this purpose. I would love for it to be the way it was on aX and have been begging for it lol. The hidden airfield spawn was always fun. Other suggestions would be to add the one AA guns to Capuzzo and Dabir like before.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#5 2023-06-07 08:40:21

Serebro
Android Chrome 114.0

Less planes. Because what we had was a queue at airport and noone at base. Because taking tanks when enemy team has 10 planes is suicide and noone bothered for it.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#6 2023-06-07 09:09:34

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

tuia wrote:

Midway - Please add some rotating parachute points on the island, restoring some good island battles.  Most of the time it seems one team has the flags for the whole round, held by a handful, whilst the rest of the players in the server are either crashing carriers/ships or waiting for what seems like one of the unlimiting spawning planes.  I'd ask for it to go vanilla, but I know all the donkeys will start spitting feathers.

Omaha -  Please re-add (limited) expacks to Omaha.  Omaha did fine with expacks for years.   Start allies off with the beach flag.

Berlin - There's a lot of complainers...  Give the kids some toys.   Give each side an apc or someting, whilst making sure to block apc access to axis base.  Since expacks were removed, the k98 and No. 4 have become a hard sell...  Swap them out for the Type 5 and m1 Garand.  If it must remain as CQ, then change allied spawn points to help prevent baselock.

El Alamein - It's good to have a dedicated chucky cheese map (Guadal!), it keeps things less serious and the bots can let off some steam.  Maybe change which map it can be done to, to keep things fresh (guadal)?  Forgot how normal CQ El Al played in Pub!

KURSK - Way too many vehicles for the map size and player population. An abomination.  I generally despise this map in all it's forms.  Get rid.

PHILLIES - IMO this map could be made more interesting by downsizing it, focusing more on the bridge flags.

BATTLEAXE - IDK if it's because there's too many vehicles or the player-base is full of Graiziers, but it feels like nobody wants to touch the flags.  6 planes on Battleaxe feels like too much.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#7 2023-06-07 11:38:06

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
iOS Safari 16.5

tuia wrote:

Hmm, well, why is this change involved if I can ask? Gazala was one of the most favourite maps all around the way it was I think (when there’s decent population around), but well, neither of bigger maps are playable and enjoyable if there’s like 8 people in total.

In my opinion it’s not really neccessary to make this change.

As Serebro says to reduce planes number, I dont really agree with that. Plane support is so important on this map and even like this there’s times when all noobs take plane for god’s sake and gonna die and waste it in 30 seconds anyway. Sometimes it’s so hard to get a plane and help your team with good air support and once you dont have it, your team is in huge trouble. Imagine having like 5 planes per team in total and being kept by random players who “try to fly” because they think it’s cool. Once you are baselocked it’s no fun at all.

#8 2023-06-07 12:19:55

Millerke
"Miller is the Key" - Member ]DDW[
Hungary
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 114.0

My opinion:
Unfortunately, it does not make much sense that vehicles spawn in greater numbers and quickly, almost continuously.
So if you kill an enemy, 1 min and he comes back with another tank,plane etc ... (Sometimes, you don't have time to repair it.)
Vehicles have almost no appreciation value.

Last edited by Millerke (2023-06-07 12:20:57)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#9 2023-06-07 14:05:21

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Unknown Firefox 108.0

Butcher wrote:
tuia wrote:

Midway - Please add some rotating parachute points on the island, restoring some good island battles.  Most of the time it seems one team has the flags for the whole round, held by a handful, whilst the rest of the players in the server are either crashing carriers/ships or waiting for what seems like one of the unlimiting spawning planes.  I'd ask for it to go vanilla, but I know all the donkeys will start spitting feathers.

Omaha -  Please re-add (limited) expacks to Omaha.  Omaha did fine with expacks for years.   Start allies off with the beach

Carrier on midway is worth about as much as a jeep since it respawns almost immediately.
Omaha could use expacks, the allied tank gets stolen because someone modded going out of map to kill so slowly that it's possible to walk over the mountain.
And gazala with aX style flag will make the game a bit more balanced

I like millerkes way of thought

#10 2023-06-07 14:16:35

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

Butcher wrote:

Omaha -  Please re-add (limited) expacks to Omaha.  Omaha did fine with expacks for years.   Start allies off with the beach flag.

Berlin - There's a lot of complainers...  Give the kids some toys.   Give each side an apc or someting, whilst making sure to block apc access to axis base.  Since expacks were removed, the k98 and No. 4 have become a hard sell...  Swap them out for the Type 5 and m1 Garand.  If it must remain as CQ, then change allied spawn points to help prevent baselock.

El Alamein - It's good to have a dedicated chucky cheese map (Guadal!), it keeps things less serious and the bots can let off some steam.  Maybe change which map it can be done to, to keep things fresh (guadal)?  Forgot how normal CQ El Al played in Pub!

KURSK - Way too many vehicles for the map size and player population. An abomination.  I generally despise this map in all it's forms.  Get rid.

PHILLIES - IMO this map could be made more interesting by downsizing it, focusing more on the bridge flags.

BATTLEAXE - IDK if it's because there's too many vehicles or the player-base is full of Graiziers, but it feels like nobody wants to touch the flags.  6 planes on Battleaxe feels like too much.

Agree with most of it, I would add Kharkov too. Most maps suffer from overpopulation of planes.

#11 2023-06-07 14:57:26

Millerke
"Miller is the Key" - Member ]DDW[
Hungary
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 114.0

Just one idea.
When i modded the Leibstandarte server, i usually calculate with the number of the server's population.

Jeep,kettenkrad = 2 players, APC = 6 players, Light tank = 2 players, Heavy tank = 1 player ... etc.

Now the server is opened for 72 players, 36/ sides, if the server is full.
18 players needs some kind of transport, the rest can walk, or spawn in apc.

From there, you can calculate what is needed.

Btw,
Kursk could be a very good map, just remove the bombers, only 2 fighter planes/side.
2 heavy tanks/side and some more light tanks, 'cause it was one of the biggest tank battle in ww2.
And ofc the transport vehicles.
OR! CTF Kursk, jeep - kubel - kettenkrad - lynx - blackmedal.

Last edited by Millerke (2023-06-07 15:08:15)

#12 2023-06-07 17:40:10

Alfred
At duty
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

Bocage: A Stuka and 1 p4 for axis, try a new northern flag at E3 too? if possible
El Al: CQ and middle flag like vanilla map at F3
Kharkov and Kursk: Get rid of bombers and re-locate better the aa's (it is hard to shot through trees), or only tanks.
Berlin: 1 light tank per side.
Maps with carriers: 3 grenades per spawn, so anyone cant abuse the ammo boxes in deck, like mostly of Midway.
Omaha: Agree with butcher or at least reduce the radius of flag to avoid capture blocking from 1 axis camping there.

And pls, add some "autokill" if someone taxi into planes, like aX or moon did.

Board footer