#1 2023-01-27 12:00:17

Millerke
"Miller is the Key" - Member ]DDW[
Hungary
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 109.0

Heroes of the Second World War

Hello My Heroes!
I thought I would start a topic where we could collect heroes (from your own nation) from the period of the Second World War.

Hungary:
Hungary.png

Dezső Szentgyörgyi (pilot)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dezs%C5%9 … %C3%B6rgyi

János Csizmadia (tanker)
On September 9, 1942, during the third Uriv-Storozsevoje bridgehead battle, along the Don, in the late afternoon, Sergeant János Csizmadia, a dedicated soldier of the 30th tank regiment, was caught in the rear of a German infantry unit during the street fighting in the village of Storozsevoje, and they destroyed an attacking Soviet T-34 from the rear with several shots at close range with his PzKpfw 38(t) tank. This was one of the very rare cases (we know of two in total) when the 3.7 cm tank guns managed to shoot down a T-34. After leaving his combat vehicle, Sergeant Csizmadia destroyed two more Soviet earth fortresses with hand grenades and took 30 prisoners. For his actions, he received the Hungarian Great Silver Valor Medal.

Sándor Lévay (artillery)
As the battery commander of the 6th Honvéd Artillery Regiment, György M.Kir.Klapka took part in the winter battles along the Don. His guns caused incredible havoc in the ranks of the attacking Soviet infantry. On January 14, 1943, the outnumbered enemy encircled the observer's position in front at the cost of a tenacious advance. The lieutenant directed his battery himself until the last moment, when, however, he saw that the situation was hopeless, not wanting to be taken prisoner by the Russians, he bade farewell to his battery and directed the fire of his guns on his own observer. His self-sacrificing act is unique in the history of the Hungarian Royal Artillery. "- Boys, it is very important - he said - there are only two of us left, I and my watch officer. We have a total of two hand grenades and two pistols. The Russians are completely surrounded us. Shoot my watcher post as hard as you can for three minutes, then we'll try to break out. If we fail, God be with you!"

Árpád Rechtzügel (scout)
As the 12th member of the National Guard, he received the Hungarian Officer's Golden Valor Medal, because during the Battle of Torda, on the night of September 16, 1944, he penetrated deep behind the enemy's front line with a reconnaissance patrol of 6 people and damaged the 27 aircraft that were lying there at an airfield. He set fire to the hangar, greatly reducing the possibility of enemy air activity, which affected the entire front line.

Dániel Lövei (infantry)
On March 28, 1944, when repelling an overwhelming enemy attack against the defense position between Niezwiczka-Obertyn and supported by tanks, he gathered the shaken crew around him and defeated the enemy who broke into his positions with a vigorous counterattack. The next day, on March 29, he fought the enemy with a machine gun until he ran out of ammunition while fighting the Soviet infantry attacking behind 35-40 T-34 tanks that broke through his regiment's protective perimeter and then the main line of resistance. Then he attached a bundle of explosives to his body and threw himself at one of the approaching T-34 tanks, destroying it and flying into the air with it. For his actions, he received the Hungarian Officer's Golden Valor Medal post mortem as the sixteenth member of the national defense.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2023-01-27 18:07:49

+Dima+
Russia
Android Opera 73.1

Re: Heroes of the Second World War

Yes, the Hungarians during the Second World War were very famous for their heroism. But with one clarification - only in battles with the civilian population. Their atrocities surpassed even the actions of the punitive units of the German SS. Let me remind you that in 1942, during the battles for the liberation of Voronezh from the Hungarian units, the Russian General Vatutin gave the order not to take the Hungarians prisoner. Near Voronezh there is now a huge cemetery of 20,000 such Hungarian heroes who knew how to kill, moreover, in the most cruel ways, only women, children and the elderly.

#3 2023-01-27 22:28:52

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Unknown Firefox 108.0

Oh that's easy, the russian army of course and -dima+ and  john gult

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#4 2023-01-27 22:43:32

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0

My grandmother for biting the hand of an ss officer during a search on a train in Belgium during ww2.
She hid in the toilet because she was smuggeling food for her 9 kids and didn't want to hand it over the the germans.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#5 2023-01-28 00:17:25

+Dima+
Russia
Android Opera 73.1

simon wrote:

Oh that's easy, the russian army of course and -dima+ and  john gult

Even easier, where Russians are mentioned in a positive way, Simon will definitely appear to explain to everyone that this is not so.

#6 2023-01-28 00:37:18

+Dima+
Russia
Android Opera 73.1

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW wrote:

My grandmother for biting the hand of an ss officer during a search on a train in Belgium during ww2.
She hid in the toilet because she was smuggeling food for her 9 kids and didn't want to hand it over the the germans.

Admiring the courage of your grandmother, I want to say that among the SS officers there were also different people. In addition, the behavior of the SS units in the occupied part of central Europe and the USSR was completely different. For example, I live in a city, and not the largest in terms of population, where in just one month of 1942, about the same number of people were shot by German punishers as in all the years of the occupation of Belgium.

#7 2023-01-28 00:41:08

Maj-ID10T
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 109.0

My hero was my dad..... I was born in Britain and he was a flight SGT flying spitfires during the war. Told me some crazy time stories...

Last edited by Maj-ID10T (2023-01-28 00:43:03)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

Board footer