#1 2022-11-06 04:22:59

Number 1
Player
Australia
Windows 10 Firefox 107.0

Returning Aussie SWD Player - Trying to Reconnect with LPS mates too!

Hey all

It's Un0/Number 1 here from Secret Weapons Demo days. Popping in for a couple of reasons

I'm wanting to try start up an Aussie/Oceanic server, preferrably a 24/7 SW Hellendoorn TDM server with bots and no tanks/natter if possible (if we can't have SWD infantry like the old Lets Play Server, I'll give us the next best thing!). I've managed to get 1.6 reinstalled with both expansions, and can connect fine to the existing servers. Just wanna make sure I get the ports right, and the right copy of the server manager thingy (never hosted, but had experience as a low rank admin for LPS back in 2008-13). Already tried and failed to get a dedicated server for BFV hosted from my gaming rig. Apparently that takes buying server space, while here the in house dedicated hosting still works?

I've also come to try get back in touch with some legends of the SWD community back in the day like Cat, Mamba, Behemoth, Xenon, Henk, Ray, the VS clan and so on if they're still kicking around!

Last edited by Number 1 (2022-11-06 04:24:28)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2022-11-06 23:31:49

Black Mamba
Canada
OS X Safari 16.0

Re: Returning Aussie SWD Player - Trying to Reconnect with LPS mates too!

Wow, damn. Long time no see dude, must have been more than a decade. How you been?

Happy to see you back! Pretty much every player you mentioned in your list has gone off the radar. I think only VS still uses their forums, but that’s about it. SmokeD made an account here a few years ago.

As for the LPS server files, I think Moss had them somewhere, you can probably PM him and he’ll send them to you. I also have the Traptown map if you want to host it.

Cheers,

Mamba

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2022-11-07 15:16:06

Number 1
Player
Australia
Windows 10 Firefox 107.0

Hey Mamba, good to hear from you again!

Been well, finished school, in and out of university, half a dozen different jobs. About to change careers and thought I'd get back into an old passion hahaha.

Ah, that's a shame. I saw you and Henk had been active on here and assumed the best!

I've actually had a lot of luck getting my hosting sorted for both BFV and BF1942 since the first post. They're both stable and showing up ingame via openspy. But now I'm stuck trying to get TDM on Hellendoorn modded with bots lol. Got into the game at one point with the bots, only for it to crash on the first spawn (guessing a problem with strategy.con, which I hadn't touched), and now I've broken something else and it's crashing on the bloody loadscreen again lol. Thanks for that, I'll message him about it sometime. Ideally I'd have a 24/7 Hellendoorn mostly-infantry (extra goblins and scwimmwagens, no tanks or natter) server, with COOP, TDMCOOP, and CTFCOOP in the long run (bots just to make it more active in bad hours for Aussies).

Am I best off posting my half-finished work here for help, or do you guys have a discord for this sort of thing?

**EDIT**

I've just got TDM and CTF with bots working.... Now time to get used to adding, swapping and repositioning vehicles for COOP, TDM and CTF.... Tomorrow job I think!!

Last edited by Number 1 (2022-11-07 15:45:03)

#4 2022-11-07 15:37:57

Black Mamba
Canada
OS X Safari 16.1

Hi Un0,

I’ve made bot files but for CQ maps, but adding bots to TDM shouldn’t be too hard. The same files are used pretty much.

I don’t use Discord but we can sort this out through PM or here.

Can you share the IPs of your servers please? And for your BFV server, you mean BF Vietnam?

Looking forward to playing with you again soon!

Mamba

Last edited by Black Mamba (2022-11-07 15:38:32)

#5 2022-11-07 15:50:31

Number 1
Player
Australia
Windows 10 Firefox 107.0

Hey mate lol you just replied around the time I updated the 2nd post big_smile

Ended up just being some files that I shouldn't have left in the modded RFA (or conflicts from something appearing in the AI then the AI subfolder a second time) was causing the issue. Took about 3 minutes to do the changes for CTF once I had them working in TDM, then combined the two just as easily. Onto vehicle changes next but I'll leave that for over the next few days to get right.

Sure, https://www.gametracker.com/server_info … 175:14567/ for 1942, https://www.gametracker.com/server_info … 175:15567/ for BFV.

Grabbing a feed and jumping on for a stuff around. Getting late here but I wanna enjoy my progress now haha.

Gonna try get bots working on saigon68 and cedar falls in BFV as well. Though I guess that's actually gonna take building a map-specific strategy.con file as no COOP version of the CQ maps exist.

**EDIT**

Nevermind, all done with replacing tanks and natters with their mlgproplayer equivalent, adding the second goblin to each airfield, and lowering the despawn/respawn times. 24/7 Hellendoorn Infantry COOP in CQ, TDM and CTF is live! Now I just need to learn how to work on the ai to play gooder, and go for the CTF flag caps..... big_smile

Last edited by Number 1 (2022-11-07 16:49:53)

#6 2022-11-08 03:44:27

Number 1
Player
Australia
Windows 10 Firefox 107.0

Okay.................

I got the game reinstalled after accidentally swapping the wrong game.rfa (trying to modify scoring).

Now the server manager won't work. I have to launch BF1942_w32ded before BFSM otherwise BF1942_w32ded crashes. EVEN STILL DOING SO, the server no longer appears on openspy, gametracker, etc.

YES, I HAVE FRESH INSTALLED, TWICE, RUNNING CCLEANER AFTER A RESTART BETWEEN INSTALLS.

Any advice here BM?

Last edited by Number 1 (2022-11-08 04:33:42)

#7 2022-11-08 17:09:28

Black Mamba
Canada
OS X Safari 16.1

Hi UnO,

Were you able to get the server working?

I currently don’t have the game installed because I’m building a new rig. I might have a backup of that RFA somewhere on Mediafire. I’ll get back to you during the weekend about that.

You can also ask bud and Arkos for help about setting up servers, they are much more knowledgeable in that area than I am.

#8 2022-11-08 17:28:28

Number 1
Player
Australia
Windows 10 Firefox 107.0

Yeah, took another fresh install. Must've been the order I was adding the ded file, the server manager, and the patched client or something lol.

Thanks man I'll try them some time.

Now I'm having trouble with the jetpack kit crashing maps I've added bots to cq/tdm/ctf on >.< made good progress now, with a 3rd SW map inf and light vehicles only, and another 2 with cq/tdm/ctf bots. Didn't f*ck up modifying scoring through game.rfa this time too lol

Last edited by Number 1 (2022-11-08 17:30:24)

#9 2023-06-11 00:06:43

Moss
Undercover Agent
New Zealand
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

hey man,
happy to try and help
think i saw your name a few times.
not sure what name i was running with back then.
you should be able to contact LPS cat on reddit.

Board footer