#1 2022-06-16 23:23:30

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 69.3

Any Steelseries or Razer mice players here?

Looking to get a new mouse. About 6yrs ago I bought a Zowie FK2, which was a great mouse. Unfortunately, a cat decided to chew on it's tail awhile ago so I've been using a cheap wireless mouse.

I'm looking at 2 diff mice...

SteelSeries Sensei Ten $45:
https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei-ten

Razer Viper (not the pro v2 due to price & not the mini due to lack of buttons on the right side) $50-$70:
https://www.razer.com/pc/gaming-mice/viper-family

Anyone have one of these specific ones or any SteelSeries or Razer mice? I know they both have their own software (SteelEngine and Synapse) and I know the basic features of both, but I'm curious if anyone has any problems with it. Buggy? Causes crashes? I've only ever used standard drivers with mice at home.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2022-06-17 08:42:58

lllJANll
Player
Netherlands
Android Chrome 102.0

Re: Any Steelseries or Razer mice players here?

I have the razor mini viper, the only problem i have with it is that it shows its default rgb pink colour at startup.

#3 2022-06-17 13:43:43

s/w
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 102.0

I have a 310 rival.

It's very stable and consistent. No problems so far.

The software is also nice.

#4 2022-06-17 14:19:14

RaketenHorst
SiMPLE | Administration
Germany
Website
Android Chrome 102.0

Hello Sunshine.

Yes, this question is not easy to answer.
First and foremost, your toy tool should feel good (size, ergonomics, weight, clicking sound and clicking feeling). It's best to go to a shop and see which one suits you.

i used the Razer Mamba Elite before.
here is a report from my actually mice.
Razer Viper 8KHz *is quite interesting smile

https://youtu.be/mwf_F2VboFQ

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#5 2022-06-17 19:56:09

deeko
Player
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 101.0

I used to have the Steelseries Rival 300, the only thing that I didn't like were the rubber grips on the side wearing off after a while. Now I have the Razer Deathadder V2, no complaints.

#6 2022-06-18 00:29:59

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 102.0

RaketenHorst wrote:

Hello Sunshine.

Yes, this question is not easy to answer.
First and foremost, your toy tool should feel good (size, weight, clicking sound and clicking feeling). It's best to go to a shop and see which one suits you.

i used the Razer Mamba Elite before.
here is a report from my actually mice.
Razer Viper 8KHz *is quite interesting smile

https://youtu.be/mwf_F2VboFQ

I've been able to get my hands on them. I have a great pc shop here that is focused on gaming so they have all the mice and keyboards out.

The 8k is the same size and shape but it's "big feature" (8k polling) is monitor, hardware, and game dependent. Yes, you can turn the polling down, but I don't know. As of now, a bit overkill. Maybe it's not bad for "future proofing" though. The prices of the Vipers are not much different (except the mini). The wireless Viper ultimate is $70 and the Viper 8k is $50. My main concern is whether or not the software is buggy and causes problems in terms of crashing or whatever.

Deeko wrote:

I used to have the Steelseries Rival 300, the only thing that I didn't like were the rubber grips on the side wearing off after a while. Now I have the Razer Deathadder V2, no complaints.

The guy at the shop mentioned that some have complained about the problem with the grips. It has a 1yr warranty, but based on the amount of time I play, I think if I had any problems then it would be after the warranty period.

How was the software for you? Cause any problems? I used logitech software on my old logitech years ago for a very short time because it caused nothing but problems so I just stuck with the windows drivers.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#7 2022-06-18 02:04:19

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 102.0

Most important is the ergonomics.

It must fit for your hand and your style of use. Also important those mostly false placed additional keys are not under your grip.

As second it's the sensor.

My next mouse will be one without additional keys.

At the end also without those DPI Switches. They are not that important, specially when they are not fine placed.

Much less trouble to make 1 setting in every game.

Last edited by Arkos (2022-06-18 02:08:59)

#8 2022-06-18 02:29:49

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 69.3

Both viper and sensei 10 feel fine in the hand. I have small hands and palm the mouse.
Us lefties have a limited selection of ambidextrous mice lol.

#9 2022-06-18 04:38:21

deeko
Player
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 101.0

Sunshine wrote:

How was the software for you? Cause any problems? I used logitech software on my old logitech years ago for a very short time because it caused nothing but problems so I just stuck with the windows drivers.

Couldn't say. I only use the software to set the preferable DPI after buying the mouse, after that i never open it again.

#10 2022-06-18 05:19:47

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 69.3

Deeko wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

Couldn't say. I only use the software to set the preferable DPI after buying the mouse, after that i never open it again.

Yeah I'm not planning on messing with too many things. Besides the basics, I couldn't care less about much of the other stuff like RGB shit.

#11 2022-06-19 06:19:28

Jesus Villamor
Player
Philippines
Windows 10 Chrome 102.0

The only important on any mouse right now is how durable and how long the mouse switches, either mechanical or optical, will last under extreme conditions.

I have bought a then-brand new Cooler Master MM170 last year, and after 1 ½ months of usage the "double-click" behavior occurs despite pressing only one click on the left mouse button.

I haven't tried mice with optical switches from Razer, but I'm looking forward to get one soon.

#12 2022-06-21 00:22:33

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 69.3

Jesus Villamor wrote:

The only important on any mouse right now is how durable and how long the mouse switches, either mechanical or optical, will last under extreme conditions.

I have bought a then-brand new Cooler Master MM170 last year, and after 1 ½ months of usage the "double-click" behavior occurs despite pressing only one click on the left mouse button.

I haven't tried mice with optical switches from Razer, but I'm looking forward to get one soon.

I've never had any of the double click problems with any mouse I've used, thankfully. Of course, now that I've said that... I probably just jinxed myself lol.

#13 2022-06-24 00:21:05

Maj-ID10T
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 102.0

I am using  a Red Dragon..... since I am able to use one hand only, programmed all the buttons for key strokes and do fine...

#14 2022-07-17 22:10:22

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 103.0

I ended up buying the Razer Viper Ultimate (with the charging dock) on Friday. The local shop I like was matching Amazon's Pime Day deals. I have Prime but helping local businesses is always a good thing, especially when it's a friend's business. Plus, he threw in a SteelSeries QcK Edge mousepad for free. Can't complain!

Unfortunately, the mouse was out of stock lol, but I'll have it tomorrow smile

Board footer