#1 2022-01-14 21:36:03

IceSkater
Player
South Africa
Website
Windows 10 Opera 82.0

Greetings from myself & HelloClan!

Hello there SiMPLE community!

Seasons greetings & best wishes for 2022!

I've been meaning to do this for sometime now, however it just so coincides with other plans falling into place that the correct time presented itself for formal introductions. Just a quick sidenote; thank you to Millerke for being my intermediary whilst I wasn't yet signed up properly here, he's posted a few things on my/our behalf and I truly appreciate it!

Time for some background I guess!
I'm Shaun aka IceSkater and I'm the Leader of HelloClan. I've arrived on SiMPLE's doorstep this day because we (HelloClan & SiMPLE) are going to be sharing event announcements etc with one-another to hopefully increase attendances for events and create a larger audience to spread both communities news!

For those unfamiliar with our name, we primarily provide ongoing support for Battlefield Vietnam. Having achieved some impressive feats over the years and we have a lot of fight left in us to keep Battlefield Vietnam going for many years to come. Granted, it's playerbase isn't near what Battlefield 1942 has, but we get to play still and have fun dying!

Our events are centered mostly around Battlefield Vietnam of course, however we do host Battlefield 1942 & Rising Storm 2:Vietnam servers as well - thus we have a few events surrounding those servers as well.

A note of my respect to SiMPLE:
This community and it's owner have done a few wonders for us at HelloClan with regard to Battlefield Vietnam. Most of all was a couple of patches that saved us and I can never express the gratitude that I have. I know that this community has also endured a few trials over the years, and like us, stood the test of time with the games we respectively support. Only those that push through the hardest of times have survived and I sincerely respect the communities that pull together in order to maintain the game(s) they care deeply about.

With that, if there's anything I can personally do, or if there's anything HelloClan can do for SiMPLE, the door is open and we'll help as far as we can!

I'll be sharing our upcoming planned event for BFV soon! Probably as an appendment to this post, so if there is any players that are still interested in Battlefield Vietnam, please keep your eyes peeled. I'll likewise share it on the Discord server as well!

Regards,
Shaun

Ps. Our affiliation and event posts were discussed prior to me posting this. So this isn't out of the blue. wink

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#2 2022-01-14 23:02:15

JordyG1
Player
Belgium
Website
Windows 10 Opera 82.0

Re: Greetings from myself & HelloClan!

Welcome to the Battlefield, Soldier.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2022-01-14 23:06:09

Whoopz
Denmark
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 97.0

Last time I played at one of your events in Battlefield Vietnam I was insta-kicked for attacking the "mainbase" in a helicopter. God forbid Whoopz killing an helicopter that's running back to his mainbase, that by the way looks capturable, and has always been capturable whenever I've ever played in that game in the past. Meanwhile someone was standing around in our "mainbase" with a tank, and someone was sniping into it as well. Were they kicked? Nah. Yea thanks, but no thanks. big_smile

#4 2022-01-14 23:32:53

seventy
Playor
North Korea
Linux Firefox 87.0

Hiya, Shaun! Nice to see ya. Do you have any BFV-related videos thet you could post, just for fun?

#5 2022-01-15 00:11:04

IceSkater
Player
South Africa
Website
Windows 10 Opera 82.0

JordyG1 wrote:

Welcome to the Battlefield, Soldier.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Whoopz wrote:

Last time I played at one of your events in Battlefield Vietnam I was insta-kicked for attacking the "mainbase" in a helicopter. God forbid Whoopz killing an helicopter that's running back to his mainbase, that by the way looks capturable, and has always been capturable whenever I've ever played in that game in the past. Meanwhile someone was standing around in our "mainbase" with a tank, and someone was sniping into it as well. Were they kicked? Nah. Yea thanks, but no thanks. big_smile

I'm sorry that you had that experience! However, it is our rules, if I may clarify it; main flags are capturable but we have a rule against attacking main flags with aircraft (ramming & shooting) until it is last-owned flag then they may be attacked with aircraft. Tanks and infantry are exempt. Admittedly, you should have been admin killed in that instance and not kicked. So I do apologize.

seventy wrote:

Hiya, Shaun! Nice to see ya. Do you have any BFV-related videos thet you could post, just for fun?

Howdy there!

Of course I do! I have tons actually! big_smile I think it would be prudent if I were to share a video firstly of our upcoming event!

Take a look here!
https://youtu.be/myitO09p-Vo
If you'd like to join us for this event and need help with BFV, please get in touch with me via PM and I'll help out! If you already have BFV, please ensure you are patched to V1.21, then download the mod files (links in the description of the video)

I'd also love to share this with you;
https://youtu.be/YH7kWPpiCIU
A video that highlights our road in Battlefield Vietnam and if I'm honest it is a homage to it's dedicated community!

Actual gameplay footage is plentiful on our YouTube channel. tongue Not always in the best quality...but it's there! big_smile

Regards,
Shaun

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#6 2022-01-15 06:35:49

TheVicar
Player
England
Website
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

I'm lucky that I have an original copy of BF Vietnam. I think most of the people I've talked to over the years on BF1942 would also like to play Vietnam but couldn't either download a copy or get a copy working.

Some links and writeups to install would help a lot with populating servers, as I've been on HELLO a few times, but due to low player numbers it didn't keep me there.

Someone recently pointed me to www.BF1942F2P.com, that has a download of BFVietnam available, but I've not tried this site myself to know if its genuine or whether or not it works.

#7 2022-01-15 08:58:11

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 97.0

#8 2022-01-15 13:24:20

IceSkater
Player
South Africa
Website
Windows 10 Opera 82.0

TheVicar wrote:

I'm lucky that I have an original copy of BF Vietnam. I think most of the people I've talked to over the years on BF1942 would also like to play Vietnam but couldn't either download a copy or get a copy working.

Some links and writeups to install would help a lot with populating servers, as I've been on HELLO a few times, but due to low player numbers it didn't keep me there.

Someone recently pointed me to www.BF1942F2P.com, that has a download of BFVietnam available, but I've not tried this site myself to know if its genuine or whether or not it works.

Hello there!

So, a quick note;

Officially Battlefield Vietnam is not free-to-play like BF1942. In the sense that it is still monitored by EA's suits...we tried to host it once ourselves to ensure a reliable version of the game was distributed and we received a DCMA which we complied with. sad

I personally do not know how, but several sites such as the one you mentioned, along with the one Arkos mentioned, don't receive the take-down notices. Whilst I'm happy about that, I'm also not happy. big_smile

A rough guide provided you have the game on hand;

1) Ensure your game is up-to-date. The latest being the official V1.21 patch.
One can use the V1.21 game patcher to ascertain what version your installed game is. Click here to get it.

If your game is V1.21, it will state so, but if it is any other version, it will tell you what that version it is then the appropriate patches can be applied. We have all the patches listed on our site in our resources section viewable here.

2) Make use of the latest v1.21 no-cd patch as it includes a fix for the in-game server browser.
This file is obtainable by clicking here.

The no-cd patch is an absolute must either way, as with Windows updates since Win7, the SECURE-ROM feature became messed up, breaking the games ability to legitimately launch using the disk. Many old games were affected by this, I think BF1942 was also affected.

3) Enjoy the game! There is two optional patches, such as a menu-resolution patch (fixes screen resizing issues when alt-tabbing with BFV) and a sound fix patch (fixes in-game sounds & music). Both of which are listed in the above linked page.

Regards,
Shaun

#9 2022-01-15 17:27:07

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 97.0

Thanks IceSkater for the info, it's really helpful!

Board footer