#1 2021-05-30 06:44:05

Dio
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 90.0

The sharp declintion of aX Server's population

It's no doubt that aX server is one of the main BF1942 servers in the past several years.
aX server also occupied the first place most times on gametracker.

But in the past month, its average number of players had sharply dropped from 40 to 14, and it ranked behind SIMPLE, Moon and TGE on gametracker.

So what happened to aX server?
Because of the not working scripts(base attack, anti-taxi, kill streak, etc)?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2021-05-30 08:34:21

hoosier_daddy
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

Re: The sharp declintion of aX Server's population

ax has been stripped of certain features over the last 2 weeks. firstly the welcome message (hi all) etc.  then the anti taxi and base punish was removed and now the map restarts have gone in last few days also. only one admin remains, robert, and he is very rarely seen. very few actually play anymore and seem to join just to play disruptively. Its practically unplayable on certain maps.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2021-06-05 08:31:09

Dio
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 90.0

hoosier_daddy wrote:

ax has been stripped of certain features over the last 2 weeks. firstly the welcome message (hi all) etc.  then the anti taxi and base punish was removed and now the map restarts have gone in last few days also. only one admin remains, robert, and he is very rarely seen. very few actually play anymore and seem to join just to play disruptively. Its practically unplayable on certain maps.

aX is lack of admin.
If the master server is down, which support the game server browse, then we can't update the server list in game.

#4 2021-06-06 02:00:53

gnomon
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 89.0

I think it's lack of appeal for bans is what really suffered that place. And, from what I've read, there was a lot of permabans which were randomly dolled out by the admins for given reason. I think the fact that once you were banned from that server you could never, ever appeal or join again, coupled with how oddly the bans were given out, meant that it was inevitable the critical mass of players would flip over to simple.

#5 2021-06-06 12:19:59

hoosier_daddy
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

gnomon wrote:

I think it's lack of appeal for bans is what really suffered that place. And, from what I've read, there was a lot of permabans which were randomly dolled out by the admins for given reason. I think the fact that once you were banned from that server you could never, ever appeal or join again, coupled with how oddly the bans were given out, meant that it was inevitable the critical mass of players would flip over to simple.

The bans are not all manual, i think there have been ip range bans leading to a lot of players (through no fault of their own) that are unable to connect. The base punish and anti taxi and a few other things are now back to normal for now. Its strange there is nothing being done about the few regular disruptive players that are spoiling it for those who just want to play the game.

Last edited by hoosier_daddy (2021-06-06 12:21:39)

#6 2021-06-08 03:04:30

Jeet
Player
Windows 8.1 Firefox 89.0

I think its the case of too many permabans which has limited the number of players, and its impossible to appeal the ban,  lets be frank, BF1942 gets less players as it ages,  they need to pardon everyone on the ban list - give people a 2nd chance.
AX does have a element of automatic moderation, I think if you TK 3 times you will get kicked, if you TK mine a plane at your AF you will get autobanned.
Some of the maps ACTUALLY attract the trolls and glitchers with the placement of shields, I don't think that was the original intent behind the decision to put shields on those maps - AF's at Gazala & Kharkov are the notable examples - these maps have higher player and glitcher level than Midway.
Why those shields on Gazala & Kharkov are there is beyond me, there is plenty of AA protection at the AF if the game is played as a team.

Last edited by Jeet (2021-06-08 03:12:26)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#7 2021-06-08 07:12:51

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Android Chrome 74.0

It's probably a combination of all the things mentioned I'd also add the map cycle being repetitive and quite a few maps are not even included - Kursk, Phillies, Coral, Britain. Not long ago ago Stalingrad was removed as well from the cycle, good job..
On maps where there's a ticket bleed from the start nobody attacked to stop it, lack of skill or motivation, it got frustrating for both teams because there was no action.
Market is set up nicely in the morning to build the number of players because it automatically has no timer. But that's literally the only thing done right

#8 2021-06-08 09:33:20

hoosier_daddy
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

simon wrote:

It's probably a combination of all the things mentioned I'd also add the map cycle being repetitive and quite a few maps are not even included - Kursk, Phillies, Coral, Britain. Not long ago ago Stalingrad was removed as well from the cycle, good job..
On maps where there's a ticket bleed from the start nobody attacked to stop it, lack of skill or motivation, it got frustrating for both teams because there was no action.
Market is set up nicely in the morning to build the number of players because it automatically has no timer. But that's literally the only thing done right

market timer is only off on a sunday (or atleast that was the case) dont think anybody could ever agree on a maplist due to everyone having different tastes. Me personally i believe there is nothing wrong with ax that 1-2 good admins cant fix. its a very small percentage of disruptive players, but unfortunately these few antagonize/troll usually decent players into retaliation tk's etc. ssk has lost interest altogether now. There are users on ax discord right now boasting of killing ax server and posting theyre own clans server address https://ibb.co/WxfDdTW  so im guessing ssk is not active on there either or just couldn't be annoyed with it. posts like that just go to show this is an active plot to kill traffic on ax server.

Last edited by hoosier_daddy (2021-06-08 09:35:04)

#9 2021-06-08 16:14:46

henk
Administrator
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

We just gotta hope he will keep up the master server!

#10 2021-06-08 19:43:15

curt cobain
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

why no admins on AX Server? who is owner of the server?

#11 2021-06-08 22:50:19

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

curt cobain wrote:

why no admins on AX Server? who is owner of the server?

its  s[sk]

#12 2021-06-09 05:27:53

Dio
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

hoosier_daddy wrote:
simon wrote:

market timer is only off on a sunday (or atleast that was the case) dont think anybody could ever agree on a maplist due to everyone having different tastes. Me personally i believe there is nothing wrong with ax that 1-2 good admins cant fix. its a very small percentage of disruptive players, but unfortunately these few antagonize/troll usually decent players into retaliation tk's etc. ssk has lost interest altogether now. There are users on ax discord right now boasting of killing ax server and posting theyre own clans server address https://ibb.co/WxfDdTW  so im guessing ssk is not active on there either or just couldn't be annoyed with it. posts like that just go to show this is an active plot to kill traffic on ax server.

LOL, did this hello clan guy just have a joke?

#13 2021-06-10 07:32:56

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 89.0

ax server has been under heavy ddos attack before, he moved the server to a host that could handle these attacks.

#14 2021-06-14 07:30:59

Dio
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

bud wrote:

ax server has been under heavy ddos attack before, he moved the server to a host that could handle these attacks.

the ddos attack spread the world in 2020.8 -2020.10?
still feel confused, cant imagine a 64-player server become empty in several weeks.

#15 2021-06-14 10:16:44

Jesus Villamor
Player
Philippines
Linux Chrome 91.0

And guess what, it's discord server is also a hollow wilderness now, with very few post on each section.

#16 2021-06-14 11:18:29

hoosier_daddy
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

Discord was for reporting abusive players but abuse reports were ignored. The question is this, if ax  go's will the master server go with it?

#17 2021-06-15 00:45:54

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 63.3

I'm glad some started to join Simple (except the bad ones lol). However, with so few servers, the downfall of a single server, especially one of the main populated servers, is a bad thing for the game in general. Players who exclusively play on aX may just choose to stop playing b42 period.

Dio wrote:

If the master server is down, which support the game server browse, then we can't update the server list in game.

henk wrote:

We just gotta hope he will keep up the master server!

hoosier_daddy wrote:

The question is this, if ax  go's will the master server go with it?

Hopefully there's a backup plan being thought of just in case. We can't demand anything from ssk. He's kind enough to provide it for all to help keep this game alive, but some reassurance would be nice.

Last edited by Sunshine (2021-06-15 00:48:31)

#18 2021-06-16 05:18:16

Dio
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

2 weeks past, aX's average players had dropped from 14 to 9, and it ranked 6th,  behind SIMPLE RTR+SW and Oz Wake on gametracker.

#19 2021-06-16 22:46:34

Posi
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

A few misconceptions I see. 

As if the visibility provided by Master Server listing was visibility for the game itself.   A LOT of players are active who log in without using the Master Server.  They may use desktop shortcuts or Join via I.P. 

The visibility for the game, is limited no matter.  It isn't listed on Origin free , or Steam or any 'afterlife' service except for Gameranger which was EA's post Origin afterlife plan.

#20 2021-06-16 23:59:48

seventy
Playor
North Korea
Linux Firefox 87.0

Dio wrote:

and Oz Wake on gametracker.

Oz Wake is still alive? Nice...

#21 2021-06-19 16:47:03

Millerke
"Miller is the Key" - Member ]DDW[
Hungary
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

Dio wrote:
hoosier_daddy wrote:
simon wrote:

LOL, did this hello clan guy just have a joke?

Hi Mates!
I am the messenger about this case, because the Ice has problems with the forum's registration.

"
Good evening SiMPLE community,

I am IceSkater, HelloClan's Leader.

I had tried to register but there is issues with it and am waiting on assistance from (sent a friend request on Discord) Tuia. In the meantime, I have asked Millerke to be my proxy, so I may clear a small thing up before it's left in the air for too long.

This is with regard to BangBangOw's comment in the AX Discord server as seen in the screenshot a few messages back.

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apologies that this happened in the first place. Bang is our 1942 leader and is indeed a representative of HelloClan. He had merely made joke in the poorest taste and it has spawned some serious concerns that he / we are killing off the AX server.

Allow me to formally state that HelloClan, it's Leaders / staff & members (representatives) have nothing to do with the current presiding issues concerning AX's 1942 server. I am aware they have had some attacks recently, which make Bangs comment all the more inappropriate, I have spoken with him regarding it and I assure you that there is truly no harm intended.

As we have been on the receiving end of attacks in the past on BFV, I can promise anyone that if I had to find out a member of our community is behind something as terrible as that, I'd remove and ban them without hesitation. We may be rival communities / servers, but that doesn't mean we're not in the same boat.

I respect the older servers in 1942 and BFV very much so, we've even become affiliated with a select few. The last thing I'd want is bad blood between us all and that is why I wanted to send a response as soon as possible. I did try joining the AX Discord, but I didn't have permission to see the message history, so if someone did actually respond to me I wouldn't have known.

If there is any staff or leadership reading this from AX, please accept my apology for this transgression. It was a very poor joke at the worst possible time.

If contact with me is needed, my DM's are open on Discord: IceSkater#5440

Regards,
Ice
"

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#22 2021-07-21 03:16:54

{Phantom}
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 91.0

I remember when HELLO had the attacks. Pretty much killed the server, and the game of BFV.

Board footer