#1 2021-03-29 23:54:45

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 89.0

Unban request

I had a bad day and messed up.

After a long drawn out series of kicks and bans without warning or response, I went full retard and got myself perm banned out of frustration.  I intentionally got myself kicked, banned and perm banned, all in the space of about 3 minutes, via tk and evasion.  In hind sight, some of my prior kicks and bans could have been due to VPN, but some were definitely not.

When I calmed down and came back (whenever that was),  I was unbanned, or so I thought.  I haven't intentionally been evading all this time.  I often use my original nickname in the server, hence why I thought I was unbanned.  Also, I frequently mess around with different versions of linux and windows, so maybe that got me past the ban all this time, I don't know.

Sorry, my bad.

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#2 2021-03-30 09:04:50

Paul Baumer
straight outta options
Ukraine
Windows 10 Opera 74.0

Re: Unban request

Butcher is a fair player usually and I was very surprised him getting banned. Never saw him causing any trouble, except maybe making too many frags big_smile . We all can have a bad day, under frustration some stupid mistakes can happen to everyone. Perhaps not to me to decide on this but I think there was a huge missunderstanding and Butcher deserves a chance being an oldschool vet who normally played by rules. Also his honesty shall be appreciated and frustration of someone who played this game on top level since the very beginning deserves some understanding and respect.

Btw a series of kicks and bans sounds strange to me, maybe admins should investigate on reasons of these and were they actually justified by rules or was it kicks and bans due to VPN use? Anyway an explanation was much deserved at the very least. A series of kicks with no explanation can make every player go mad, especially a skilled veteran like Butcher.

Last edited by Paul Baumer (2021-03-30 09:26:43)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2021-03-30 14:19:32

RaketenHorst
SiMPLE | Administration
Germany
Website
Android Chrome 89.0

hello Butcher ..

I think it's good that you now report yourself here ..
yes i banned you last because you are in the ban list. since it is not personal, i will not stand in your way. so others should decide ..

see you in 1942

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#4 2021-03-30 16:17:10

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 89.0

With the chance of being a bit biased since me and Butcher are teammates once again, I will yet still leave a comment.

I have played quite a lot of public with or against Butcher the last months, and I haven't seen or noticed anything from him which should cause a permanent ban. He isn't trolling, he barely writes ingame, he isn't stealing anyones vehicles or refusing to help in dogfights - since he barely ever use a vehicle. He is mostly just playing his infantry game with his medic gun and sniper rifle. I believe I myself and the general public player is causing more friendly fire than Butcher e.g.

I have seen ban appeals here on this forum from players who continuously break the rules, talk bad about admins, etc., and their bans are being lifted, so the only reason for not lifting Butchers ban would be... hmm actually I can't find a reasonable reason for not lifting it also knowing he is a respected veteran player.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#5 2021-03-30 16:43:24

Zody
москит
Germany
Windows 10 Chrome 87.0

The reason for not unbanning him is the 0 tolerance policy of simple when it comes to evading. I am not the one to decide this. This problem might even solve itself in the foreseeable future.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#6 2021-03-30 17:59:45

Lecter
Where´s Clarice?
Portugal
Windows 10 Firefox 86.0

Let the man go free. Give him his freedom back.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#7 2021-03-30 19:13:18

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 89.0

That was an old ban, when you decided to teamkilling me at least twice at Gazala's Allied Runaway.

After the first i asked you to stop, after the second i kicked you, after rejoining you started to zook planes when people entered it, killed me again, asked for a ban, i banned you 15 minutes, you evaded, and started teamkilling again and i permabanned you.

In that moment, i was sure it can't be you, ... that it was a NameFakerTroll, ... i thought nobody can't be that stupid, ... i was wrong smile

For me it's ok, ... play and have fun.

The original PermaBan was at the 01.12.2020, for evading, Teamkilling and zooking Planes when someone got it, ... formally me.

Could be i allready deleted the Ban 2-3 weeks ago or some more, because i thought it's good for now.

When i reflect this day for a moment i have to smile a bit.

You came on the server and asked what you have to do to get kicked or banned and who is admin.

After i said i am admin, you had this brillant idea to zook my face several times, beside you zook the planes when someone entered while evading, ... after a kick and a ban smile

Last edited by Arkos (2021-03-30 19:25:41)

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

Board footer