#1 2020-07-05 01:59:39

seVen

Windows 10 Firefox 78.0

Intervals

Twenty-one minutes is far too long of a wait between map votes.
The map duration itself could be shortened by five or so mins as well.
Vehicles respawns are too long, but we've said that for years here.

And above all, player respawn penalties should be removed or reduced.
-someone runs over a mine: penalty
-someone runs in front of vehicle: penalty
-mistakenly kill a teammate: penalty

Come on tuia, remove or reduce all of these penalties..

Positive reputation 8   Negative reputation 0

#2 2020-07-05 06:04:16

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

Re: Intervals

my view, estimates and guesses :

.... its all about server population (mostly) .... without significant population, theres no simple community. one of tuia's top priorities, is to keep simple servers as filled with players as possible. its a constant and merciless fight. most players and community members dont understand this, and think population is something that just comes easily and automatically. it is not, far from

its the same for hundreds of thousands of gaming servers around the world. they all compete for server population. the main simple server is doing ok at the moment, and thats only due to tuias efforts over the years. soon the covid19 player boost will diminish even more, and the old paris redirection will be turned off, meaning even less players

some general population mechanics for gaming servers : longer rounds = higher population. skipping unpopular maps = higher population

in 2012, both main simple and ax ran 30-minute rounds, since general bf1942 population was higher then. they raised to 36/35 minutes after the gamespy shutdown (if i remember correctly), and now its 42/45. i applaud those decisions. if they both still ran 30, then average population would be much lower. good choices. keep main simple at 42 minutes, dont shorten

main simple has two rotations set by tuia : primetime (around 16:00-00:00 cet) and non-primetime (00:00-16:00 cet) non-primetime rotation has left out the less popular maps in order to try and maintain population

the mapvote was abused heavily by players in recent years. especially berlin was voted again and again after midnight. berlin is generally an unpopular map, resulting in fewer players. i support the decision to tone down mapvote, to prevent population loss. the new current mapvote can be turned on by admins and lasts for 30 ? minutes. individual revote period: 21 ? minutes. fine, no problem. learn to appreciate and play all the maps, instead of all that mapwhining

vertigo is known for disliking many maps. vertigo likes : market, tobruk, bocage, midway, and he has secretly overused the setnext command too often after midnight to play these maps more frequently. ive heard that setnext has been disabled for him. good. now he wants to overuse mapvote instead ....

my view is, that all fighterplanes in all uncapturable main bases should have their spawntime reduced to around 15 seconds instead of current 60. most other vehicle spawntimes are ok and fine with me

those player respawn time penalties mentioned by vertigo should not be changed, in my opinion. they make sense and are ok

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 3

#3 2020-07-05 10:12:08

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 83.0

Penalties are not bad.

Those penalties teach the (new) players to avoid Teamkills and make people starting to take care of others too.

It's anyway possible to pass mines without dieing, ... just sl...o...o...o...o...w...ly.

I never understood why Friendly Fire was disabled on Tanks a Lot.

You know, sometimes shit happends, but then it's also not a big problem to get 3 Minus. If someone runs into your vehicle, as example.

Last edited by Arkos (2020-07-05 10:13:55)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#4 2020-07-16 13:54:37

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 84.0

Ya, shit happends smile

Those coinsidences are sometimes also funny and end mostly with a massiv collateral Damage.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#5 2020-10-21 13:17:50

Meow
Player
France
Windows 10 Chrome 86.0

Idk if I should post here for this. Reduce time penalty is fair, to my mind. Maybe ftk prevents from minus points.

What about forsaken mines and xpacks... Could it be "no damage" when they explode ? Or just disappear ? One of their use is to secure a base, but what the F if they explode all alone ?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer