#1 2019-10-06 21:06:14

s/w
Player
Windows 7 Opera 63.0

''Cheating''

Ok guys, this is actually going to be a rather boring post but, I just wanted to make some stuff clear  before this noob called '' the fisherman's son '' forum name: Kevin fills some admin's head with this bullshit

So, the situation is the following:

The joystick which i'm currently using  (t.16000m fcs)  has a  program called '' T.A.R.G.E.T.  SOFTWARE  ''.  With this program you can basically make your plane more/less sensitive. Now, Kevin thinks this is some kind of '' cheating ''  (even though he has the same joystick) and he refuses to use his brain even a little bit.  He basically thinks this program magically ''adds'' ''extra''  ''power'' to the plane (more than the speed limit)  but in reality, as i've already stated above, this program ONLY makes your plane more/less sensitive  just like how mouse users can adjust the sensitivity in-game or with a  DPI program.   My joystick by default has no deadzone no sensitivity curves and other things like most other joysticks have, so, this program is essential to configure the plane for my style.

Now, here's the fun stuff: i've made a few tests on him and what i noticed is that whenever i alt high on him, he thinks i am ''cheating'' but whenever i am NOT relying more on the altitude  (regardless if i use joystick config, keyboard only or  no config at all),  he thinks i don't have ''extra'' speed.  Yesterday, we've had a few 1v1's and, i was only using keyboard to fly, i was not relying on alt and everything was normal with him but, on the 9th fight i decided to do my usual alting style with keyboard and, immediately once i did that, he disconnected and told me on discord i was ''cheating''.

Here's another funny stuff:

He claims my skill MUST  drop to 50% with default (no joystick configuration) just because HIS skill drops to 50% without config.

But the thing he forgets is that every pilot is different and in fact, i am usually much better with default (no config) lol i am only using the config to add center deadzone because my joystick is a bit offcenter which makes aiming a bit hard.

He even demanded me to make recordings with my mobile phone to see if i am  using joystick config or not.

Here's  1 picture of that config:

config1.png

Other joysticks users will understand what this is like Vertigo for example he uses 3d pro (at least i think it's a 3d pro) and that joystick ALSO has a program for adjusting the sensitivity, deadzone and other stuff called '' Logitech Profiler '' or something like that.  And most other joysticks also have a program for adjusting sensitivity, even those who dont, come with factory adjusted sensitivity, deadzone etc. by default. So no way this is ''cheating'' but he refuses to understand that : /

So again, i know this post is riduculous but, just wanted to make this clear so Kevin cannot fill some admin head with this bs  and ban me for nonsense.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#2 2019-10-06 22:29:07

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Linux Firefox 69.0

Re: ''Cheating''

That is blatant cheating, shame on you. To be fair, you should play with default settings, no key remapping, no sensitivity changes, and in 800x600 resolution, like the game was supposed to be played.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2019-10-07 01:42:02

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 77.0

What the reality is, is a stick set in this way offers superior control in a way that can't be matched, even more so with foot pedals, especially in the Corsair

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#4 2019-10-07 08:50:35

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 2003 Chrome 57.0

Kevin is already suspicious of maphack on aX server under fake names since no one can give details bout IP address of players

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#5 2019-10-07 09:04:02

Netherlands
Unknown Firefox 68.0

LMAO: 800x600... actually i feel i am cheating a bit towards some people with less hardware, also the chat font sucks on anything above 1024x768...

I play on max res 1920*1200 (oh whatever, it makes things look sharp but not nicer)

I used to love this game on 800x600, i might go back to this resolution soon for a movie.project that is planned.

ROFL:  (even though he has the same joystick) aint that funny!

I seriously want to ask: PLEASE let people play with joysticks or special mouse or maybe even "innocent" macro's like reload and swap weapons.

I saw Fisherman Son yesterday and i saw arguments.  Please be nice (love your post.and love the discussion, wow nice joystick man, now i know what i want for xmas!)

kevin when u read this: relax man, sparrow is cool, joystick cool (it aint a crime, u know it)

gl&hf!

Last edited by iCQ (2019-10-07 09:07:53)

#6 2019-10-07 09:09:52

Whoopz
Denmark
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 77.0

Back when people didn't know what "Xfire" was - those were the good ol' days!

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#7 2019-10-08 14:29:17

s/w
Player
Windows 7 Opera 63.0

I always use left shift button.

but when i first got the stick a few yrs back, i've used this button:

tmk.png

but i didn't like the feel.

Last edited by s/w (2019-10-08 14:31:46)

#8 2019-10-08 16:40:50

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 2003 Chrome 57.0

Js noobs ,

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#9 2019-10-08 17:43:08

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 77.0

Sparrow wrote:

Yes, that looks horrible to insert it. smile

#10 2019-10-09 18:47:27

Kevin
Player
Republic of the Congo
Windows 7 Firefox 69.0

noone is accusing you of being a cheater in the sense that you intentionally use banned programs, etc, as you make it sound. i doubt that. what im saying is if what you do, even if the means to achieve it look fair and innocent, can be regarded as a form of cheating/not allowed since IMO changes the plane too much. thats why there's videos so they can see and have their say. its basically a poll.
for more see http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7481

#11 2019-10-09 20:35:09

Dionysus
Player
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 77.0

Arkos wrote:
Sparrow wrote:

Yes, that looks horrible to insert it. smile

Oil it up!

#12 2019-10-09 23:30:03

Netherlands
Linux Vivaldi 2.8

i like this thread.... my joystick:

b9ece2ec-ec0b-4035-9b00-17a4277a20b3.jpg

Two analog sticks in one, BLUETOOTH, WIRELESS and RECHARGEABLE.

And shitload of buttons, perfectly configurable (totally) in Linux (duh, windows dumbo's).

Windows, MAC, IOS, Android and also LINUX drivers etc.... its just a BLUETOOTH keyboard with two perfect analog sticks, fits in the pocket.

It is also dirt cheap by the way, i ain't no fool! PWNED tongue

item_2131167_471.jpg

Only (little) drawback are the deadzone is not perfect.

Digitally adjustable sens,calibration, deadzone and center... just PERFECT, not kidding you. And i confirm it is beer proof.

Sparrow wrote:

I always use left shift button.

but when i first got the stick a few yrs back, i've used this button:

https://imgbb.com/

It looks sweet tho!

Sparrow, in my book u are UBER with that joystick no matter what an admin or other player is going to say, love your share!

Last edited by iCQ (2019-10-09 23:31:45)

#13 2019-10-09 23:45:07

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 77.0

This does not look sweet, .. it looks painfull big_smile

#14 2019-10-09 23:56:28

Netherlands
Unknown Firefox 68.0

lol, it does? any truth to this story? lol

talking about painful, this is SO arcade:
https://youtu.be/9V7ZZ0FE-Ik

fresh uploaded today

//back-on-topic IM OUT

Last edited by iCQ (2019-10-09 23:58:27)

#15 2019-10-22 18:44:46

Insane
Player
Ukraine
Android Chrome 77.0

IMG-20191022-204332.jpg

No offence boys wink

Last edited by Insane (2019-10-22 19:09:06)

#16 2022-02-01 15:30:24

HERACLIOS
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 96.0

Sparrow wrote:

Ok guys, this is actually going to be a rather boring post but, I just wanted to make some stuff clear  before this noob called '' the fisherman's son '' forum name: Kevin fills some admin's head with this bullshit

So, the situation is the following:

The joystick which i'm currently using  (t.16000m fcs)  has a  program called '' T.A.R.G.E.T.  SOFTWARE  ''.  With this program you can basically make your plane more/less sensitive. Now, Kevin thinks this is some kind of '' cheating ''  (even though he has the same joystick) and he refuses to use his brain even a little bit.  He basically thinks this program magically ''adds'' ''extra''  ''power'' to the plane (more than the speed limit)  but in reality, as i've already stated above, this program ONLY makes your plane more/less sensitive  just like how mouse users can adjust the sensitivity in-game or with a  DPI program.   My joystick by default has no deadzone no sensitivity curves and other things like most other joysticks have, so, this program is essential to configure the plane for my style.

Now, here's the fun stuff: i've made a few tests on him and what i noticed is that whenever i alt high on him, he thinks i am ''cheating'' but whenever i am NOT relying more on the altitude  (regardless if i use joystick config, keyboard only or  no config at all),  he thinks i don't have ''extra'' speed.  Yesterday, we've had a few 1v1's and, i was only using keyboard to fly, i was not relying on alt and everything was normal with him but, on the 9th fight i decided to do my usual alting style with keyboard and, immediately once i did that, he disconnected and told me on discord i was ''cheating''.

Here's another funny stuff:

He claims my skill MUST  drop to 50% with default (no joystick configuration) just because HIS skill drops to 50% without config.

But the thing he forgets is that every pilot is different and in fact, i am usually much better with default (no config) lol i am only using the config to add center deadzone because my joystick is a bit offcenter which makes aiming a bit hard.

He even demanded me to make recordings with my mobile phone to see if i am  using joystick config or not.

Here's  1 picture of that config:

https://i.ibb.co/dc1xY81/config1.png

Other joysticks users will understand what this is like Vertigo for example he uses 3d pro (at least i think it's a 3d pro) and that joystick ALSO has a program for adjusting the sensitivity, deadzone and other stuff called '' Logitech Profiler '' or something like that.  And most other joysticks also have a program for adjusting sensitivity, even those who dont, come with factory adjusted sensitivity, deadzone etc. by default. So no way this is ''cheating'' but he refuses to understand that : /

So again, i know this post is riduculous but, just wanted to make this clear so Kevin cannot fill some admin head with this bs  and ban me for nonsense.

That is so cool, i didnt know you can use TARGET to affect flying in 1942, I have the t16000, will give it a try! I have been having turning issues with the plane.

Board footer