#1 2019-09-10 01:26:33

Insane
Player
Ukraine
Windows 10 Chrome 76.0

Some facts about Chernobyl.

This was just a post on FB, I`ve found and traslated, somebody might be interested in.
One man found a photo, of a soviet WW2 152mm self propelled howitzer JSU-152, which was taken in Chernobyl.
He was surprised to see it there so he made some research.

8765.jpg
8766.jpg
8767.jpg
8768.jpg

'It is strange that it (JSU) was not dragged away in some time afterwards to Rossokha (it was a nearest village before the explosion which later was evacuated and became a so called 'vehicles graveyard' https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … cV2FqTdLqk ), but even more surprising was that it did not look like a radiological reconnaissance or engineering obstacle unit. Neither there were equipment, nor traces of the dosimeter, or lead sheathing (even if it had 'rhino's' armor, but still).

As it turned out, the 'Slayers' ("Zveroboy" - literally someone that slays beasts. JSU-152 was called so bcs it`s 152mm gun showed it self effective against german Tigers, Panthers and even Elephants)  was brought to literally shoot the 4th block of a Chernobyl power plant.

When the liquidators discovered about the dangers of “lava” breaking into the basement with water (if someone remembers, there metro builders with miners laid a tunnel and brought liquid nitrogen), the leaders of the liquidation of the consequences of the accident had a tempting thought - 'what if we use the howitzers, to make a hole in the wall with a concrete-piercing shell, put the sleeve in there, pump out the water, and then inject liquid nitrogen through it?'

From the warehouses of the 22nd Guards Tank Division in Novomoskovsk they drove several JSU-152 with crews - a commander, a driver and a dosimetrist. JSU`s were equipped with concrete-piercing shells 53-G-545. Tests have shown that a hole from that shell is not enough for the sleeve for more or less normal efficiency, and several shells shot at one point would lead to the wall`s collapse. As a result, they abandoned the venture. JSU`s, as they were irradiated, were simply abandoned after using them for a while to collapse the power plant`s structures and some local abandoned villages structures.'

8769-1.jpg
8769.jpg
8770.jpg
8771.jpg

Last edited by Insane (2019-09-10 01:37:23)

Positive reputation 10   Negative reputation 0

#2 2019-09-12 06:15:18

Netherlands
Unknown Firefox 68.0

Re: Some facts about Chernobyl.

a friend of mine just got back with his daughter from a tour guide around this area (weird guy to go there if u ask me)

Anyway nice share thanks!

Last edited by iCQ (2019-09-12 06:17:00)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2019-09-12 06:27:57

Goldie
Marshal Murat
Georgia
Android Chrome 67.0

Everything was during USSR, then A-bomb exploded, the goverment didn't tell the ppl that it's dangerous for you to live here and run away, as so they paid the price,noone survived or lived to see another day in chernobyl, gorbachov was leader of USSR this year i think, and yes it was terrible, it caused big damage to neigbhoring countries, disease spread by sea to georgia, turkey and balkans. We  were part  of soviet union and they didn't warn us about it and result infections,failures and cancers. And they even made movie as weĺl series about chernobyl

26 of april, 1988

#4 2019-09-12 13:46:04

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 8 Firefox 69.0

I give a huge allowance to your young ages, 14 or so. Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to live being such highly suggestible.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#5 2019-09-12 16:17:11

Insane
Player
Ukraine
Android Chrome 76.0

Thx for sharing your personal experience with us.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#6 2019-09-12 16:40:24

Horza
Player
France
Windows 10 Firefox 69.0

Thank you Insane, nice story

Goldie wrote:

Everything was during USSR, then A-bomb exploded, the goverment didn't tell the ppl that it's dangerous for you to live here and run away, as so they paid the price,noone survived or lived to see another day in chernobyl, gorbachov was leader of USSR this year i think, and yes it was terrible, it caused big damage to neigbhoring countries, disease spread by sea to georgia, turkey and balkans. We  were part  of soviet union and they didn't warn us about it and result infections,failures and cancers. And they even made movie as weĺl series about chernobyl

26 of april, 1988

I know a ukrainian and she told me they knew nothing about tchernobyl for months, so for sure they lied to people but they didnt say anything. I dont know what is worst, make ignorance or a lie hmm

#7 2019-09-12 16:48:19

Goldie
Marshal Murat
Georgia
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

Horza wrote:

Thank you Insane, nice story

Goldie wrote:

26 of april, 1988

I know a ukrainian and she told me they knew nothing about tchernobyl for months, so for sure they lied to people but they didnt say anything. I dont know what is worst, make ignorance or a lie hmm

USSR was afraid to say about explosion,because ppl would rise against  soviet union and overthrow the buncheviks  and who was working with those chemicals, they got ticket to the hell, the reason behind all of this agony and hardwork, they wanted to advance to 'nano age' is was during 'cold war'
anyways thx horza for mentioning ]

#8 2019-09-12 16:54:39

Horza
Player
France
Windows 10 Firefox 69.0

Yes I totally understand for the USSR leaders.
That's impressive for the liquidators work and sacrifice hmm

I share you a video from a french channel of astronomy. He visited Chernobyl site with a great guide, he explains it wasn't an explosion in fact.
And a soviet tank was on the moon. (spoil alert, it's for the name, in fact the vehicule landed on the moon by USSR was created by a tank manufactur in fact smile Well this guy helped to use less the liquidators to do the work on the chernobyl site)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-esujsHcA4

#9 2019-09-12 18:07:06

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 76.0

Actually the series making the important scene where the man they tap to investigate, get answers flat out tells them, this is your problem, you have built a society, its risks into dangerous sciences, on lies, you live by these lies, then there will consequences, and Russia today, despite no longer being communist rule, has the same issue, a society of habitual liars, mostly thanks to Putin continuing, enabling this same USSR mentality, and no effort to encourage integrity, transparency, why do you think so many Russians get caught cheating in game tournaments? Or sporting events, olympics? Or things like Crimean referendums? And most of all, so much insurance fraud attempts combined with Russia being so crazy, things actually happening that no insuror would believe it unless it was on film, so now dashcams in every vehicle is the norm
The fundamental point is that Russian leadership and society has been living with its head up its ass almost consecutively since the fall of the Tsar, while calling it standing normally

#10 2019-09-12 18:36:02

Horza
Player
France
Windows 10 Firefox 69.0

Zatoichi wrote:

Actually the series making the important scene where the man they tap to investigate, get answers flat out tells them, this is your problem, you have built a society, its risks into dangerous sciences, on lies, you live by these lies, then there will consequences, and Russia today, despite no longer being communist rule, has the same issue, a society of habitual liars, mostly thanks to Putin continuing, enabling this same USSR mentality, and no effort to encourage integrity, transparency, why do you think so many Russians get caught cheating in game tournaments? Or sporting events, olympics? Or things like Crimean referendums? And most of all, so much insurance fraud attempts combined with Russia being so crazy, things actually happening that no insuror would believe it unless it was on film, so now dashcams in every vehicle is the norm
The fundamental point is that Russian leadership and society has been living with its head up its ass almost consecutively since the fall of the Tsar, while calling it standing normally

For once I agree with you Merlin.

By the way I know some russians (not from game) and they are not transparent, filter what they want to show or let know to others. They are cold. I think they got their own integrity (or proud) but they are not really curious to the other people. That's weird. I don't like when it's in the same way to go

#11 2019-09-12 22:58:01

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 8 Firefox 69.0

I personally admire the talent of the creators of those TV-series by HBO because they made something that seemed reliable for the educated fools, who like to learn the history from the TV-series. I couldn't expect much from them because it's as useless as to explain the Theory of Evolution to a highly religious person or discuss the necessity of medication to those who prefer to treat themselves with homeopathy. There is a good term for this kind of films here, people call them "cranberry movies". I cannot watch them seriously because they make me laugh sometimes or I don't see the picture due to facepalm in front of my eyes. There are a lot of documents, footage and interviews for those who really like to know the history and HBO for the others.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#12 2019-09-13 00:47:20

seventy
Playor
North Korea
BlackBerry 10 Safari 10.3

Thanks for this thread, it was very good information.

#13 2019-09-13 02:25:44

joint
Ukraine
Android Chrome 60.0

#14 2019-09-13 03:52:08

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 69.0

Zatoichi wrote:

I wonder who it is that has his head up his ass.

https://youtu.be/fg3cquiR9z0
More-

https://www.google.com/search?q=russia+ … +elections

#15 2019-09-13 05:03:36

Netherlands
Windows 7 Vivaldi 2.4

A bit off but still, this reminds me:

https://youtu.be/tR_6dibpDfo?t=171

i start by 171 seconds in this video above (2:51 minutes)

Last edited by iCQ (2019-09-13 05:04:38)

#16 2019-09-13 05:48:52

Insane
Player
Ukraine
Android Chrome 76.0

seventy wrote:

Thanks for this thread, it was very good information.

Happy to hear (read) that, you know I was making it somewhere at about 3 AM xD

Last edited by Insane (2019-09-13 05:49:08)

Board footer