#1 2012-12-02 03:33:49

Black Mamba
Canada

What happened to the North American competitive scene?

This thread serves to address the critical situation in which the North American competitive scene, if there is still one left, presently stands. Now I remember playing in SoV and TWL tournaments back in '09 if I am not mistaken, and still then being surprised of finding active 8 player teams and clans willing to scrim us.

All of this has now vanished, and there is simply no serious scrim or match to be had on a decent competitive level. I think it is a big shame because the Europeans have surpassed us in this domain. Not that when there still used to be competition on NA soil we dominated them, far from it, but now we have absolutely nothing and have to beg the Europeans to let us in their "BF Liga", the last reasonable competitive league left in the game. Not only that, but they doubt our skill level and think there are no strong American or Canadian teams left over here and that they run the game on the competitive level.

I think it is now time for us to take a stand and fight back. I know there's a lot of talent in NA, lots of individual talent as well as a handful of teams and clans that are just waiting to step out of the shadows and prove their worth. However, there is not central competitive community to unite them all under one banner. They are all split in different factions, and I'm pretty sure none of them fight each other in clan wars anymore.

Now, my partner and me are willing to start a massive undertaking: revive the dead North American competitive scene and make it rise from it's ashes. This project is part of another bigger project of creating a mega BF1942 community complete with official forums as well as official servers, and many other essential files, such as mods, tutorials, workarounds, videos, media and useful programs. Kind of like an "unofficial official Battlefield 1942 community", because it is not supported by EA/Dice in any way. But anyway I am not here to promote this community, it is not the right place to do it, all I want is for people to grasp the central idea of my thread: reviving the dead NA competitive scene.

If anyone on these forums is willing to help us with our project, please, share us your intel on the situation. We are willing to help anyone that is serious and dedicated about reviving the NA competitive scene.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-12-02 03:42:38

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia

Re: What happened to the North American competitive scene?

The Observer wrote:

» What happened to the North American competitive scene?

I don't know but I blame Obama!

#3 2012-12-02 03:54:54

Black Mamba
Canada

nämeless wrote:
The Observer wrote:

» What happened to the North American competitive scene?

I don't know but I blame Obama!

Please, if you do not want to contribute usefully to this thread you are free to remain silent. Thank you.

#4 2012-12-02 04:14:07

bud
maestro
Website

I know how to be silent like a mouse, with an ex like mine everyone had learned that, promise!

#5 2012-12-02 04:52:03

joint
Ukraine

bud, there is new world order coming, in the game, but still, New WORLD fkin Order!!!
is she was a beauty at least?

#6 2012-12-02 05:04:29

Black Mamba
Canada

joint wrote:

bud, there is new world order coming, in the game, but still, New WORLD fkin Order!!!

Oh please shut up and piss off will you, immature puss.

#7 2012-12-02 05:45:14

joint
Ukraine

The Observer wrote:
joint wrote:

Oh please shut up and piss off will you, immature puss.

sorry i just wanted support your thread sad
i herd that Canadians are kindest nation in the world, fkin TV lie to me again, what happens with world we live, Black Mamba?..sorry, honestly, cant stay cool when pops "Black Mamba", you must be a funny and good person because you called like that, keep going, do not pay attention on me, write the book, connecting people!

#8 2012-12-02 10:15:29

Thorn
Poland

The issue is surely worth an article in Newsweek or something.

#9 2012-12-02 13:17:29

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

The Observer wrote:

Now, my partner and me are willing to start a massive undertaking: revive the dead North American competitive scene and make it rise from it's ashes. This project is part of another bigger project of creating a mega BF1942 community complete with official forums as well as official servers, and many other essential files, such as mods, tutorials, workarounds, videos, media and useful programs. Kind of like an "unofficial official Battlefield 1942 community", because it is not supported by EA/Dice in any way. But anyway I am not here to promote this community, it is not the right place to do it, all I want is for people to grasp the central idea of my thread: reviving the dead NA competitive scene.

If you want to have a North American BF1942 competition, you'll need a well designed website, suitable for competition, with matches, tables, players database, forums, etc.. A good example is http://www.esl.eu/ but it's a bit utopic to reach that status. It's not an easy undertaking, you'll need some talented programmers and designers to build you the website.

#10 2012-12-02 15:47:19

Denny
Croatia

website can be made today on so many free web hosts, just drag and drop..

#11 2012-12-02 18:35:47

Black Mamba
Canada

tuia wrote:
The Observer wrote:

If you want to have a North American BF1942 competition, you'll need a well designed website, suitable for competition, with matches, tables, players database, forums, etc.. A good example is http://www.esl.eu/ but it's a bit utopic to reach that status. It's not an easy undertaking, you'll need some talented programmers and designers to build you the website.

Moongamers will support us with this if everything goes well, and I trust their expertise in that domain (quality server hosting, large player base, well designed web site).

I don't think we will have any money prizes involved, the game is too old, but perhaps it would give more players and teams and clans an incentive to join the league?

It will better than Liga website, that's for sure smile

#12 2012-12-02 18:49:18

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

black mamba, gtfo please

#13 2012-12-03 15:02:46

MightyZo0K
Germany

Bla bla blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa blalablaala

#14 2012-12-03 18:55:37

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Ehm... Black Mamba/The Observer is your fellow countryman. smile

#15 2012-12-04 09:02:38

Zander
Player

Money is what happened to Competitive scene. Who wants to play in a tourney when all you gain is a higher ladder rank? Also the lack of fabulous cash prizes, the lack of sponsors, the lack of revuene to keep it going. Donations are great but you can't live off donations for a while.

I'd also say hardware advances also helped kill it.

#16 2014-04-23 17:22:39

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 23.0

A new secret project is on the way smile

#17 2014-04-23 23:20:00

coL.HT
gay 4 pay just today
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 28.0

Problem with NA scene is there are only a handful of elite players and if prize money is involved there will only be one team with rest fighting for scraps. Infantry or tank only might be able to get some competition going, but an 8v8+ would be crazy one sided.

#18 2014-04-24 21:15:51

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 26.0

coL.HT wrote:

Problem with NA scene is there are only a handful of elite players and if prize money is involved there will only be one team with rest fighting for scraps. Infantry or tank only might be able to get some competition going, but an 8v8+ would be crazy one sided.

I beg to differ. There are a few clans out there (=SoC=, 5thMR, BFO) that are able to make teams, and MoonGamers alone would probably be able to make 4 teams alone itself atleast. Obviously we are not going to launch a full 8v8 season right off the bat. I was thinking a small, 5v5 cup (perhaps infantry) for starters would be nice.

#19 2014-04-24 21:31:00

Timmos
Player
Netherlands
Windows Vista Chrome 34.0

american side of war died after SoV died smile

#20 2014-04-26 21:12:38

seventy
Playor
North Korea
Windows 7 Firefox 28.0

The Observer wrote:

A new secret project is on the way smile

It's not secret if you announce it. big_smile

#21 2014-04-26 21:14:07

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows XP Firefox 28.0

Top Sekret

Board footer