#1 2022-07-27 23:41:58

Meow
Player
France
Windows 10 Chrome 103.0

WTF - CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS, PLEASE ?

Hi, I've experienced something very unusual tonight. Liberation of Caen, about 1 hour 1/2 ago (link at the bottom)

I got a frag while doing nothing. Some prerequesite :
> I'm always the only one I add to buddy list, so I'm the only one in green when I play ;
> It's not a fake video, I only added the little red square to attract attention at the end of the video ;
> I REALLY experienced it and not trying to make a topic for fake stuff ;

The event is in the last 15 seconds, but I added it from ~2 minutes before so that you have the full capture of what happened. Notice that within the 2 minutes, I didn't even shoot a bullet.
If you have access to, I think that logs will help you proving there's nothing fake.

I literally got a frag with thompson without even shooting a bullet. WTF ?

For curiosity, if admins with access to logs and details can give me more explanation about what happened I will be very thankful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlscE8u1z0

It's the biggest WTF I ever experienced in this game.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2022-07-28 00:54:55

ziba128
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 103.0

Re: WTF - CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS, PLEASE ?

Can be a bug with death from falling. If you hit that player, he didn't receive any damage after, and fell from height to death. Normally, there is a limit of like 2 seconds for getting a kill like this, but probably it's bugged due to server settings or whatever. I recently had a kill within 4 seconds, I believe it's not normal
https://youtu.be/RgHPsPvJf28

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2022-07-28 01:12:42

Darcano
Argentina
Android Chrome 103.0

Happened to me a few times but always with the generic [killed] .

#4 2022-07-28 08:06:59

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Android Chrome 85.0

ziba128 wrote:

Can be a bug with death from falling. If you hit that player, he didn't receive any damage after, and fell from height to death. Normally, there is a limit of like 2 seconds for getting a kill like this, but probably it's bugged due to server settings or whatever. I recently had a kill within 4 seconds, I believe it's not normal
https://youtu.be/RgHPsPvJf28

Not much mystery, that's how it happens. The longest I've seen this kill delay is for a full round when I shot a pilot before he entered the plane and took off. Kept flying for 30 mintues and then bailed out to death and I got the kill. I guess entering vehicles gives it a huge delay. Not sure about being on ground, how long it lasts

#5 2022-07-28 16:16:38

Meow
Player
France
Windows 10 Chrome 103.0

I've already seen some delays about fall damage, or when you shoot at a burning plane and it's still hovering a bit and then explose.
But this kill was many minutes after.

But if it's normal, then... ok ! Weird game lol

#6 2022-07-28 16:23:29

MONTAG
Player
Android Chrome 93.0

Same happened to me once! My best explanation was that I abandoned badly damaged jeep that I also shot at , killing the previous owner, and then it might have exploded into someone's face? Idk

Board footer