#1 2022-04-04 17:34:04

Meow
Player
France
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

New rules (04/04/2022)

For who didn't read it yet : https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9511

Interesting stuff into, and good initiative, especially the lower paragraphs that add some precious precisions.
But also some questions appear, and some are undefined imo, and I would like some clarifications please, if you don't mind :

> TEAMSTACKING :
-What if a player disconnects (whatever the reason, ragequit, connection lost, game crashing...) and comes back and finds himself in the opposite team ? Will he be punished (that would be unfair in some situations). Do admins have a sight on the cause of the disconnection ?
-What if changing team is unavailable at the beginning of the map ? (It happens often)

> PIXEL-SHOOTING :
What if a player has a target, and target goes off after 2 minutes or sniper is killed. Can he continue shooting at same position or does he have to wait for a new target ?

> LANGUAGE :
What if a player voluntary changes orthograph so that words are not tracked as offensive, ie saying "fucing, fu"... ?
(and maybe insert the list of forbidden words ?)

> MISCELLANEOUS :
-Being #0 : How to know for common players if someone discos/recos to be #0. I think only admins can see it. So a player can't report/record such a behaviour, am I wrong ?
-Suicide : Does it apply to the suicide button at the reinforcement screen or does it count for voluntary jumping over a cliff to respawn somewhere else ? Can a player be punished for just awkwardly falling from the stairs ?

> ADMINS (/RECORDING/SCREENSHOTS)
Will there really be actions for everyone EQUALLY, from EVERY ADMIN ? So if someone sees an abusive behaviour and posts to forum, will there really be an action ?

Thanks for reading. Good to see some renewal, but sometimes, good things for good reasons result to bad things...

Last edited by Meow (2022-04-04 17:50:17)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2022-04-04 19:34:07

Hillbillyninja
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Re: New rules (04/04/2022)

Hi Meow,

I think the rules are pretty clear for now.
Lets test it all, see how it goes and then if we need to adjust we will.

Thank
Hilly

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2022-04-04 19:56:36

MONTAG
Player
Android Chrome 99.0

I think his question regarding pixel shooting is pretty valid.

#4 2022-04-04 20:15:09

Hillbillyninja
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Meows Question answered:

> PIXEL-SHOOTING :
What if a player has a target, and target goes off after 2 minutes or sniper is killed. Can he continue shooting at same position or does he have to wait for a new target ?

If you had a previous spot from a sniper and have not moved the Artillery to go get ammo or to avoid the enemy...then yes you should be fine.
If you have an admin on your team he will know if you have a sniper spot.
Almost everyone in these forums has played this game many years now and know what's right and what's wrong by now.
Just be fair about things in the game and use common sense.

Thanks

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#5 2022-04-04 20:25:57

Meow
Player
France
Windows 10 Chrome 100.0

Thanks for answer Mr Hillbilly. I don't want to bother, I just don't want that subjective opinions interfere with "common sensed" players. That's why before being banned for falling from the stairs, or for suicide-mining an enemy tank, I prefer asking precisions.

Hillbillyninja wrote:

If you have an admin on your team he will know if you have a sniper spot.

Admin may have connected after the target is off... Or switched to help the losing team (if it's still allowed... not even sure)
It's hard to get long-ban and have to justify on the forum after this ; Fun was ingame, not in reporting, uploading, posting, justifying... for a misunderstanding !

Last edited by Meow (2022-04-04 20:32:10)

Board footer