#1 2021-09-06 05:59:51

ReparationsNSheeeeet
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 93.0

Banned for Hack-u-sation

Good evening fellow humans,
       As a long time BF1942 player, (been playing on-and-off for about 15 years), I quite enjoyed playing on your fine server, and I appreciate the dedication that you folks have in ensuring that this great game stays alive.  A few months ago, my 11 year old brother (I'm 26), was playing and accused someone of hacking because they had many kills and very few deaths.  He also had a habit of trolling people with usernames such as "ReperationsNSheeeeet", which I must admit is pretty hilarious (we are adamantly against reparations, just to be clear).  As a result, he was banned permanently (for the hackusation I think), but it must've been a HWID ban on the router or similar, because I can't connect to the server on any computer in the house.  As a result I cannot play either.  I haven't played in over a year and would enjoy playing again.

I tried using a VPN just to see what would happen, and I was able to play for a few rounds.  You folks are pretty smart however, and soon thereafter I was perma-banned even with the VPN.  Not really sure how you did that, but I admire your l33t skillz.  I believe my username at the time was "madArchitect", which by the way is a reference to an awesome song by Greek Symphonic Metal Band SepticFlesh.  Later, after reading the forums, I found out this was considered "ban evasion"... woops!  Didn't mean it, I just wanted to play. Pwetty Pwease?

If I ensure that my brother no longer trolls people or breaks any other rules, can you please lift the ban?  Not sure what else he did when he was playing, but I can review the rules with him and make sure he follows them.  He was a good player and I do know that he never teamkilled people, but I think he's just disruptive in the chat.  I can disable the chat keys ('k' and 'l') on the keyboard just to keep him quiet.  He was pretty chatty before, I can ensure that doesn't happen again.

Best Regards,
Longtime BF1942 enthusiast

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2021-09-06 07:16:16

seVen

Windows 10 Firefox 91.0

Re: Banned for Hack-u-sation

- no player with that nic on the ban list of main server
- most of chat from the player with that nic is not consistent with chat from an eleven year old
- some of the chat is offensive, disturbing, and not allowed here
- this appeal sounds like another "dog ate the homework"  smile

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 1

#3 2021-09-06 17:58:54

ReparationsNSheeeeet
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 93.0

Here is a scenario for your wise consideration.  If I do the following things:
1. Shut my mouth from now on.  No chat from me
2. Use only a non-offensive username
3. Play in a respectful manner

If I meet all of the following conditions, can I then be unbanned?  BTW, not sure how many e's are in my username. 

I apologize if you found the chat offensive and disturbing.  It was just a bunch of impulsive trolling and I wasn't being respectful of the effort that you folks have put into keeping this game alive.

I realize the answer is probably "no" but I sincerely do apologize for the bad behavior anyhow.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#4 2021-09-06 19:37:44

seventy
Playor
North Korea
Linux Firefox 87.0

ReparationsNSheeeeet wrote:

Here is a scenario for your wise consideration.  If I do the following things:
1. Shut my mouth from now on.  No chat from me
2. Use only a non-offensive username
3. Play in a respectful manner

You forgot #4: Get rid of your imaginary brother.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

Board footer