#1 2016-12-07 23:47:31

IvyMercyLyons
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 50.0

intersession for first term in college

would this have any particular risk to it? i remember the counselor at the college advised against it - a parent is really trying to push me to take one, however, and i feel like getting an aggregate opinion of the matter, to get a better view of the differences of intersession and regular classes.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-12-08 11:45:47

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 50.0

Re: intersession for first term in college

I took a "break" after highschool before I started college. I was kind of concerned about being behind with those of my age group or whatever so I started accelerated 6wk online courses and was basically done with my general courses by the time I physically started college. Not quite intersession, but few of the courses were technically "intersession" classes.

Counselors at my college talk about taking intersession classes (especially winter ones). They seem to think they are a good idea. Many of the intersession courses are online and are like 3wks. If you can find a course you're interested in, I say do it. I found online courses to be very convenient and even though they are only 3 weeks, you'd get all the info you'd regularly get. The problem big problem though... sometimes the courses available aren't exactly what you're looking for. In fact, many are straight up dumb lol. There's also some study abroad/apprenticeship ones as well.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

Board footer