#1 2016-03-03 14:13:23

BaDaSS PenGuiN
Player
Sweden
OS X Safari 8.0

DC/DCF

Thought I'd share this idea with you guys. I've for a very long time thought about how and what we all could do to bring a spark into 1942 and DC/DCF now that the support has dropped totally. I came to think of DC/DCF and possibly FH/FHSW. Maybe we could have a league for these mods like we have for BF1942. I think that will draw the attention of former DC and DCF players. Or maybe trying to support these mods by hosting a server that runs both DC and DCF? What do you guys think? If a league were to be, we could inform people about it on different clanforums and sites like reddit. Any effort is worth alot, really. Let me know what your thoughts are!

/Badass Penguin

Last edited by BaDaSS PenGuiN (2016-03-03 14:13:56)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-03-03 18:12:09

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 8.1 Firefox 44.0

Re: DC/DCF

Hosting another server won't do much in terms making the mods more popular. The well established DC/DCF/DCX servers out there already attract all the player base for those mods. Unless your server has something special and a ''wow'' factor that would make people want to go there, I don't think it will pick up population.

As for making a league in those mods, well, it sure looks interesting but to be honest I don't think there is enough interest or that the ''clan base'' in DC/DCF is large enough to even sustain a competitive league. That's just my opinion though, it doesn't mean you can't try to do it. I'm all for a new league in this game.

I'd just like to point out that a few weeks ago my clan leader and I tried to unite the remaining North American clans into one competitive BF1942 vanilla league such as the BF-League. It turned out that only three clans or teams are able to commit to it, out of a pool of about 6 original clans. It's not bad, and better than I expected, but still not even close enough to having a functional league IMO.

It might sound silly but I think that before you start doing that kind of project it's always a nice idea to meet up with DC/DCF clan leaders and members and survey their opinion about making a new league. If you see there is sufficient interest from the clan community, then I guess you can go forward. Then again, some clans say they will participate and end up not being able to commit to a match schedule. So it's really trickier than you think.

Anyways, good luck in your project.

Last edited by Black Mamba (2016-03-03 18:13:02)

#3 2016-03-03 21:15:17

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

mmm love me some DC .. Only started playing on simple 42 because our Aussie DC server shut down lol but yes im not sure we will ever get the competitive days of the game back again .. a lot of clans have moved on to new games now.

Was awesome playing against some of the clans back in the day.. Dd, BA TOG,Death Inc,FTA,NSOF and SAS to name a few
i miss the good old days of competition

#4 2016-03-04 01:45:22

BaDaSS PenGuiN
Player
Sweden
OS X Safari 8.0

Black Mamba wrote:

Hosting another server won't do much in terms making the mods more popular. The well established DC/DCF/DCX servers out there already attract all the player base for those mods. Unless your server has something special and a ''wow'' factor that would make people want to go there, I don't think it will pick up population.

As for making a league in those mods, well, it sure looks interesting but to be honest I don't think there is enough interest or that the ''clan base'' in DC/DCF is large enough to even sustain a competitive league. That's just my opinion though, it doesn't mean you can't try to do it. I'm all for a new league in this game.

I'd just like to point out that a few weeks ago my clan leader and I tried to unite the remaining North American clans into one competitive BF1942 vanilla league such as the BF-League. It turned out that only three clans or teams are able to commit to it, out of a pool of about 6 original clans. It's not bad, and better than I expected, but still not even close enough to having a functional league IMO.

It might sound silly but I think that before you start doing that kind of project it's always a nice idea to meet up with DC/DCF clan leaders and members and survey their opinion about making a new league. If you see there is sufficient interest from the clan community, then I guess you can go forward. Then again, some clans say they will participate and end up not being able to commit to a match schedule. So it's really trickier than you think.

Well, to begin with I was thinking more in the terms of SiMPLE hosting the DC/DCF server. But I do agree with you on the fact that we have to talk to the clan leaders and members to see what they think of this idea. But I was to begin with just thinking that SiMPLE might be able to help seeing as it is a quite big community.

#5 2016-03-04 02:11:04

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

BaDaSS PenGuiN wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:

Well, to begin with I was thinking more in the terms of SiMPLE hosting the DC/DCF server. But I do agree with you on the fact that we have to talk to the clan leaders and members to see what they think of this idea. But I was to begin with just thinking that SiMPLE might be able to help seeing as it is a quite big community.

Honestly if SiMPLE did this it would be great. It has the name and the player base. FH/FHSW/DC/DCF/EoD/GC as main mods on rotation.

#6 2016-03-08 01:40:41

BaDaSS PenGuiN
Player
Sweden
OS X Safari 8.0

Black Mamba wrote:
BaDaSS PenGuiN wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:

Honestly if SiMPLE did this it would be great. It has the name and the player base. FH/FHSW/DC/DCF/EoD/GC as main mods on rotation.

Waiting for a comment from Tuia regarding this. Lets hope for the best!

Board footer