#1 2015-08-16 02:32:58

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

Kicked for getting away from TKers

Nice kick without a warning, PiPER.  I wasn't trying to team stack on Stalingrad; in fact, up to that time I had been on the same side the entire game.  But if I'm on a team with a bunch of idiots who either are TKing or team-wounding me and other players, then I want to switch sides.  At least then I can defend myself without getting kicked for TKing (I did not attack any teammates during the entire game, not even in retaliation).  And before then you were complaining about teams being stacked the other way (again, I had been on the same team the entire game up to then), so I didn't think that switching over would be a problem.  I didn't look at sides at that point; I just didn't want to keep getting team-wounded or TKed anymore.

I don't think you tried to find out what was going on before kicking me.  Maybe my "SCREW this TKing and team-wounding" comment immediately before I finally switched sides wasn't enough for you to figure out what was going on, so I hope this explains things.  One might think that priorities for keeping a server playable would be 1) keep idiots from shooting their teammates intentionally, then 2) keep sides even; but maybe it's not.

Last edited by Catpain_Blackadder (2015-08-16 02:36:17)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2015-08-16 05:34:29

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 44.0

Re: Kicked for getting away from TKers

Your tone and the way you approach many "server" situations is off the hook dude.  I'm starting to get the idea you are a special character and may need some attention.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#3 2015-08-16 06:47:40

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

I just felt like the kick was adding insult to injury after everything that was going on, including being TKed bringing in the flag during a CTF game.  I would have appreciated being talked to instead of kicked right away, especially when what I was accused of (team-stacking) is not even mentioned in the Server Rules.

#4 2015-08-16 08:30:15

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 44.0

It would seem that way if you take things too serious. I would advise if you see an admin kick people for a certain action, which is a warning in itself,...not to repeat that action in front of them and expect anything less.

#5 2015-08-17 02:41:52

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

I did post that when I was angry, and I do apologize to PiPER for the tone.  It distracted from what I was trying to say, which was that I would have appreciated a warning before being kicked.  She did post "now you're team stacking?" to in-game chat, which is how I know what I was kicked for, but kicked me without giving me time to respond.

On the other hand, what kind of discretion do admins have as far as enforcing things that are not in the server rules?  As I already said, although I was not trying to team-stack, it seems not even to be against the server rules anyway.  Could we have a rules clarification on this?

#6 2015-08-17 04:11:36

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 44.0

Catpain_Blackadder wrote:

Could we have a rules clarification on this?

"We" meaning you...yes.

Don't team-stack.

#7 2015-08-17 06:57:29

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

PitViper wrote:

Don't team-stack.

Sounds like a good rule.  Could it please be added to the official list of server rules at http://team-simple.org/rules?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

Board footer