#1 2013-08-10 04:47:38

seventy

Russians with Nazi Nicknames

I have a question to all Russian (or Ukranian) people in this forum. I already noticed on the Russian NBN server back then that there are quite some Russian players who prefer Nazi names for this game. There are also people from other countries who are like this, but Russians and Nazi names, it doesn't make sense to me. What is going on with these people?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2013-08-10 07:30:07

Hemnes
Player
Russia
Website

Re: Russians with Nazi Nicknames

seventy wrote:

I have a question to all Russian (or Ukranian) people in this forum. I already noticed on the Russian NBN server back then that there are quite some Russian players who prefer Nazi names for this game. There are also people from other countries who are like this, but Russians and Nazi names, it doesn't make sense to me. What is going on with these people?

The fact is that now in Russia, namely in social networks, widely promoted nationalism, close in ideology to Nazism and neo-Nazism. This policy is echoed among the radical youth, and, oddly enough, in children.
And Ukraine since the time of the Civil War was unfriendly adjusted in relation to Russia. More precisely, not all of Ukraine and its western part. There's often pay homage to the German veterans - "liberators".
Some players take  Nazi nicknames, not because they are Nazis, but because they have a misconception about the role of the Nazis in history.

#3 2013-08-10 08:00:54

Telrin
Russia

If I will get nickname "Hideki Tojo", very few people will be against. And some people maybe will read about him and his war crimes. By my opinion, same situation with nazi nicknames, just another reminder of the events WW2. What's wrong with name of murderer in the game about killing? At least, such names it's another hint.

But of course better would have to ask one of the people with the such nickname why he chose it.

Hemnes, I didn't notice in the Russians social networks the massive promotion of nationalism, rather vice versa.

#4 2013-08-10 08:28:11

Hemnes
Player
Russia
Website

Telrin wrote:

If I will get nickname "Hideki Tojo", very few people will be against. And some people maybe will read about him and his war crimes. By my opinion, same situation with nazi nicknames, just another reminder of the events WW2. What's wrong with name of murderer in the game about killing? At least, such names it's another hint.

Seventy surprised that nicknames are taking mostly players from the former Soviet Union. As we know, it was the Soviet Union suffered the most from the Nazis.

Hemnes wrote:

Hemnes, I didn't notice in the Russians social networks the massive promotion of nationalism, rather vice versa.

What social networks do you mean? On vk.com I've seen a lot of communities that promote nationalism. In our town hosts many social events that inspired nationalists.

#5 2013-08-10 10:08:58

Telrin
Russia

Hemnes wrote:

What social networks do you mean? On vk.com I've seen a lot of communities that promote nationalism. In our town hosts many social events that inspired nationalists.

A moment ago looked groups of interests of my friends in the vk, there is dominated jokes, sex, music, entertainment, cultural places and sometimes parks. Nationalist/racist/etc. pages is nope. Of course somewhere in the VK is exists a strongly nationalistic groups (as well as anti-nationalistic groups). They are not blocked, because they do not prevent anybody.

Under social events do you mean "Russian march" or something like that? I do not know how in St. Petersburg, but they are more often does prohibited. And only sometimes is permitted.

That was funny when they walked with rainbow flags near flags of Russian Empire at the time of "March of Millions" (count of participant is about 5-8 thousand people, lol)

671584916.jpg

#6 2013-08-10 13:04:48

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine

Im my country people like hitler (nazi) becoz jews hate them

Last edited by HoOK (2013-08-10 13:05:05)

#7 2013-08-10 13:12:34

Denny
Croatia

well strange thing happen in my country too, kids nowadays and few years ago started listening to serbian turbo folk, which i think its stupid because we had a war 18 years ago, its not that i have something against serbs, but almost anywhere u go u can hear turbo folk,
also there is 1 serbian singer called Ceca, she was the wife of murdered serbian war criminal "Arkan", there was a picture where she holds a rifle posing with him in Vukovar...Thats why i think its stupid that someone can enjoy her music..

Last edited by Denny (2013-08-10 13:15:33)

#8 2013-08-10 13:20:59

seventy

Hemnes wrote:

Seventy surprised that nicknames are taking mostly players from the former Soviet Union. As we know, it was the Soviet Union suffered the most from the Nazis.

That's right. And if I may say Hemnes, you seem very mature for a 15-year-old and your English is also pretty good. Respect Bpz5Y0qRV8.gif

#9 2013-08-10 13:22:32

Denny
Croatia

seventy wrote:
Hemnes wrote:

That's right. And if I may say Hemnes, you seem very mature for a 15-year-old and your English is also pretty good. Respect http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/130810/Bpz5Y0qRV8.gif

so mature to use cheats wink?

#10 2013-08-10 13:26:28

joint
Ukraine

turbo folk sounds lol)
also i think many of thouse players just want attract the attention or shocking, etc
its like if someone using justin bieber's name, it doesnt mean he loves his music, while it is possible

Last edited by joint (2013-08-10 13:31:13)

#11 2013-08-10 13:30:57

s[sk]
Rival
Slovakia

Hemnes wrote:
seventy wrote:

The fact is that now in Russia, namely in social networks, widely promoted nationalism, close in ideology to Nazism and neo-Nazism. This policy is echoed among the radical youth, and, oddly enough, in children.
And Ukraine since the time of the Civil War was unfriendly adjusted in relation to Russia. More precisely, not all of Ukraine and its western part. There's often pay homage to the German veterans - "liberators".
Some players take  Nazi nicknames, not because they are Nazis, but because they have a misconception about the role of the Nazis in history.

neonazism is present in almost any country but it seems quite popular in russia and ex-yugo countries (my subjective observation)

anyway, i sometimes find it funny, given the fact hitler wouldn't probably approve them as members of his supreme race ;-)

consider these e.g.

http://xman.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=xman-s … n-styl_fro
(if the photos doesn't show up, try to refresh, that gallery seems to be messed up)

#12 2013-08-10 13:47:52

Denny
Croatia

sadly but true lol, 1 of my friends back in days liked all that nazi crap...theres also fans of Dinamo (B.B.B.) who sometimes use salut "Sieg-heil", i will never understand it..

#13 2013-08-10 13:49:46

s[sk]
Rival
Slovakia

Denny wrote:

theres also fans of Dinamo (B.B.B.) who sometimes use salut "Sieg-heil", i will never understand it..

yes, this one is interesting, if you want to find neonazis, your best bet is to find some local football's team fan club

works perfectly

and it's quite sad

#14 2013-08-10 14:17:41

Hemnes
Player
Russia
Website

Denny wrote:

so mature to use cheats wink?

It was a long time ago, so I do not see any reason to ever recall it.

seventy wrote:

That's right. And if I may say Hemnes, you seem very mature for a 15-year-old and your English is also pretty good. Respect

Thanks,seventy wink In my school, I'm worst in English wink

#15 2013-08-10 14:27:45

Hemnes
Player
Russia
Website

s[sk wrote:

]
http://xman.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=xman-s … n-styl_fro
(if the photos doesn't show up, try to refresh, that gallery seems to be messed up)

These people are nothing like the real Aryans. Paradox: Hitler wanted to exterminate them, but they became his followers. I think that Dr. Goebbels would have burned with shame

#16 2013-08-10 16:16:05

Denny
Croatia

1 year is not a long time ago

#17 2013-08-10 16:38:20

Hemnes
Player
Russia
Website

Denny wrote:

You are vindictive. I already forgot it.

#18 2013-08-10 18:30:37

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

Hemnes wrote:
Denny wrote:

You are vindictive. I already forgot it.

rofl, u cheated? oh god, ur making it even more funny for me..

Board footer