#1 2013-05-07 19:50:35

Nosferatu
Netherlands

Map rotation question

Hi all,

Lately every time when Omaha should be on according to the map rotation the complete rotation is different and no Omaha beach anymore... Not pleasant at all.
Anyone an idea about the reason? This map is way too cool to not play it anymore.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2013-05-07 22:10:16

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Re: Map rotation question

Omaha Beach is still in map rotation, you may have missed it.

#3 2013-05-07 22:19:33

MuSeN
Sweden

Hi Nosferatu, many admins do also change the map for different reasons. If the population is lower large maps like midway and phillipines can easily kill the population due to the large distances & less people makes for much fewer encounters, and people get bored. Sometimes admins change map because they dislike a specific map, and that might be the reason here. However one could argue that with few or no clan players on the server to make the shit job to attack as allied, 30 min of being raped on the beach is not very fun and could also be a population killer, that said many noobs dont minds and use the entire round to snipe as allieds.

#4 2013-05-08 00:11:16

Nosferatu
Netherlands

tuia wrote:

Omaha Beach is still in map rotation, you may have missed it.

This implies that some admin who is present changes the map... I really thought that many players liked the map, unfortunately I am alone with that idea.

Can I get admin rights, so I can change maps to my own preferences?

Kind regards,

Nos

#5 2013-05-08 00:25:46

Nosferatu
Netherlands

GUN|BF.MuSeN wrote:

Hi Nosferatu, many admins do also change the map for different reasons. If the population is lower large maps like midway and phillipines can easily kill the population due to the large distances & less people makes for much fewer encounters, and people get bored. Sometimes admins change map because they dislike a specific map, and that might be the reason here. However one could argue that with few or no clan players on the server to make the shit job to attack as allied, 30 min of being raped on the beach is not very fun and could also be a population killer, that said many noobs dont minds and use the entire round to snipe as allieds.

Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately I am not one of those cowards that snipe. My goal is to reach that top bunker and I don't mind how many times i die (as an allied soldier).

The problem is here: we have 21 maps and some maps are skipped because some admins don't like it. Do you realise that others may like the maps that are skipped?
In other words, some ruin the gameplay for others.

Worst thing is that when I ask ingame who changed the map rotation I get no reaction at all, as if the admin knows that he/she made a bad decision...

Luckily I finally know the reason of Omaha not appearing anymore, I do hope one of those admins who keeps skipping it comes here and explains his/her arguments.

BR

#6 2013-05-08 00:49:27

s[sk]
Rival
Slovakia

Nosferatu wrote:

Can I get admin rights, so I can change maps to my own preferences?

good one! ;-)

Nosferatu wrote:

Worst thing is that when I ask ingame who changed the map rotation I get no reaction at all, as if the admin knows that he/she made a bad decision...

whole map rotation is randomized probably twice a day (i think some time between midnight and 1am and probably around noon, ask tuia)
so if whole rotation changes, it's automatic, not admin decision (and frankly i haven't seen anyone skipping omaha ever)

#7 2013-05-08 06:32:20

MightyZo0K
Germany

Lol Nosferatu... -.- we are not allowed to change maps.... Normally...did you read musen post?

#8 2013-05-08 08:53:42

Assi
Belgium
Website

The rule that it's not allowed doesn't mean it's not happening. (Cfr. An admin shall not kick another admin).

#9 2013-05-08 10:45:10

MightyZo0K
Germany

Assi wrote:

The rule that it's not allowed doesn't mean it's not happening. (Cfr. An admin shall not kick another admin).

I know but I was joking about Nosferatu post that he wants admin rights, so he can change the map when he wants to change it^^

That is just stupid...We don't have admin rights to change map when we think it is time to change it but well...I have to admit that maps like
Guadalcanal or co are so boring xD

#10 2013-05-08 18:14:15

Nosferatu
Netherlands

MightyZo0K wrote:
Assi wrote:

I know but I was joking about Nosferatu post that he wants admin rights, so he can change the map when he wants to change it^^

That is just stupid...We don't have admin rights to change map when we think it is time to change it but well...I have to admit that maps like

Zook, it was a joke about those admin rights tongue

But you can imagine that when I have a look at the map rotation and see my favorite map coming after 1 map (30 minutes), that I get a little annoyed when seeing a different map when entering the server again. And then having a look at map rotation and see that Omaha is again last in line!
This happened now 5 times in a row on different days; not at the times you mentioned s(sk).

Therefore I'm asking.

#11 2013-05-08 18:53:09

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland

I would be surprised if it was bypassed by an admin 5 times so maybe tuia knows something about it

#12 2013-05-08 19:11:55

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine

skipping Omaha ?!! when where how?
I never skipped this map
even I restarted map in the past :-)

#13 2013-05-08 19:14:35

MightyZo0K
Germany

Nosferatu wrote:
MightyZo0K wrote:
Assi wrote:

Zook, it was a joke about those admin rights tongue

But you can imagine that when I have a look at the map rotation and see my favorite map coming after 1 map (30 minutes), that I get a little annoyed when seeing a different map when entering the server again. And then having a look at map rotation and see that Omaha is again last in line!
This happened now 5 times in a row on different days; not at the times you mentioned s(sk).

Therefore I'm asking.

yes you are right and I totally understood your view. I didn't get your joke. Sorry about that. smile but anyway I can't believe that everytime an admin skipped Omaha Beach. Just keep an eye on it. Because most ppl like Omaha. So it would surprise me if it would be skipped all the time.

#14 2013-05-08 19:24:06

Lecter

Omaha rarely is skipped. The two maps that are skipped mostly are Philly and Midway. And normally admins will ask first. I havent seen in a big while one admin skipping maps just because he feels like it. And by rule the following map should be the one in rotation. So check the rotation (press insert) and then set the map following the one to be skipped.

#15 2013-05-26 18:06:46

OmaHans
Player

hi all,

i am not concerned about the rotation itself but i would suggest to change the duration of a map to 20 (or 15) minutes.

It would be then possible to have a map twice,  in order to play in the other team the same map.

If admins would then have a look at teamswappers (which is really annoying, because it let's always others swap automatically), this will work fine.

Think about it and discuss smile

Board footer