#1 2023-06-16 17:44:07

Cicero_01
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

Tanks A Lot TK changes

I was unable to play for 2 weeks while I was out of town and when I returned I find that it is now possible to TK my team mates on a server where this was not the case for so many years. Please reset the server to the way it has always been. Changing this setting will alter the entire character of play on Tanks a lot. With the TK being on, the only remaining all Aberdeen server will go back to the wild west-like conditions of the past.

I see constant complaints on the forum about being banned for "Killing a TKer??? How unfair!"
This has not been at all common on Tanks a Lot. It wasn't a problem and didn't need "fixing". If this is experimental like the changes made to the main server, then this is my vote against it. It will simply disrupt the smooth play we've long had. Historically there have been too few or no admins available on Tanks A Lot like there are on the main server. This has been a little better lately as there have been more admins playing there regularly, but still not enough. I am still often the only admin there. Please give us back our peace in the war zone.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2023-06-16 17:53:23

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 114.0

Re: Tanks A Lot TK changes

You can now team kill players on tanks a lot, but you can't team kill bots on RTR server that occupy all the useful vehicles.
All I see is systematic destruction at work on all simple servers. Someone must really hate the players

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#3 2023-06-16 20:52:33

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

(aka Nicola Sturgeon...)
Teamkills on Tanks a Lot?
Oh dear Frenchy's not going to like it. Must say I'm partial to a well placed mine myself. Can get both teams though so...
Could certainly do without spawn camping artillery in my opinion but I do like expacking so I'd be inclined to agree with Cicero.
Turn TK off.
The main server has TK on  (which I sometimes forget sry) so the option of both is available still.
While I'm here what's with all the team stacking recently or has it always been that way and I've never noticed until now?
Doesn't make for a good game. Good stats maybe...

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#4 2023-06-16 23:33:08

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Friendly fire was turned on as a test in Tanks a lot server. Based on your feedback it will continue on or it will be disabled.

#5 2023-06-16 23:36:46

dary
Player
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 114.0

simon wrote:

You can now team kill players on tanks a lot, but you can't team kill bots on RTR server that occupy all the useful vehicles.
All I see is systematic destruction at work on all simple servers. Someone must really hate the players

on moongamers bots at least dont take vehicles... and bots can jump into vehicles when they are 20 meters away btw.

#6 2023-06-16 23:57:31

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Bots have a higher radius to enter or leave a vehicle, so they can easily find it. That is why you notice that, bots can, for example, enter a tank far away. Just when you are reaching for a tank, they grab it first from far away.

#7 2023-06-17 04:19:32

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 16.1

tuia wrote:

Bots have a higher radius to enter or leave a vehicle, so they can easily find it. That is why you notice that, bots can, for example, enter a tank far away. Just when you are reaching for a tank, they grab it first from far away.

This is a balance to the speed of movement, the player is faster than the bot.(addition to your remark)

Board footer