#61 2023-05-04 20:01:22

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 112.0

Re: SiMPLE is dying quickly now

that one is easy, the direct route from your end to the server sucks. changing isp should help almost guaranteed

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#62 2023-05-06 10:58:52

Butcher
Player
England
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

The first and most obvious problem is Tuia.  Although we can appreciate some of the work, time and money he's put in to the server over the years, there comes a point where neglect and absence start to out-weigh everything else.

I've never known such a confusing situation, where someone pays for a server in a game which they rarely, if ever play, just so they can neglect the server and show such little interest.

The only motive I can think of is that Tuia is slouching in a hammock somewhere with his phone out, giggling at this forum.

Second problem is Worldstream.  I rented the exact same server as simple and noticed some of the same weird problems as Simple.  Server location and provider need to change.  I'd suggest Germany.

Last problem is mods.  More specifically HZ mod.  This is the only (known!!!) mod atm that could be capable of messing with the fundamentals.  That being said, these mods and modders always seem to be shrouded in mystery.  Who knows what mods may have been implemented without making it public knowledge...  Remember the fire-deviation mod!!!

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#63 2023-05-06 12:17:19

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 10 Chrome 109.0

Tuia just has a life, that's all and we all can be lucky, he spent time, money and nerves into Simple Servers.

Anyone can play anywhere else, if he want's. The server is not meant for a few players or infs.

I expected the change somewhere before 2-3 months.

The problems with the old one are those Worldstream Hops, yes.

Last edited by Arkos (2023-05-06 12:17:52)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#64 2023-05-06 13:02:51

deeko
Player
Estonia
Android Chrome 112.0

Arkos you can't be this shallow, if there wasn't for tuia, there would've been someone else. And there probably will be, if Simple goes. All the money, time and nerves went into a hobby he most likely enjoyed, that's not hard work and noone said they weren't thankful for it. But the reality is that he doesn't care that much anymore, being busy with life is certainly not the issue, even Elon Musk has the time to play video games.
And if the server is not meant for infs then good luck. A broken core will bring down everything else with it.

#65 2023-05-06 14:09:43

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 10 Chrome 109.0

Just go on like this in this topic, perhaps you achieve the intention of the thread Starter.

You all play him into his hands.

Everyone is free to make a server. There are plenty of empty servers.

Simple Server is Simple Server not just like this.

Btw. You can play elsewhere if you like.

Last edited by Arkos (2023-05-06 14:11:15)

#66 2023-05-06 14:43:06

deeko
Player
Estonia
Windows 10 Firefox 112.0

This sounds like some sort of standard ChatGPT answer, politically correct and obvious.
The server is losing population, the numbers don't lie. And there's nothing wrong with discussing possible reasons for it. Why do you even care about the guy who started this thread, what's he going to do with it

#67 2023-05-06 19:52:44

Black Mamba
Canada
iOS Safari 16.4

Arkos, I really don’t know why you bother with these idiots.

The same people that were begging tuia to let them play on SiMPLE again for years, are now taking shots at him. Unreal.

Let’s not forget the contribution of Simon and deeko to the SiMPLE and BF1942 communities over the years:

- Crashing servers
- Cheating
- Sharing hacks to other players with the help of another well known hacker, S4E

We do not need advice on how to run a server from servers crashers and cheaters.

It is all a big game they are playing, trying so hard to be accepted by this community again by trying to catch other hackers or giving advice on how to run the server, when they themselves don’t have a clue on how server management works. As soon as time permits, they will stab everyone in the back and return to their old ways.

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#68 2023-05-06 22:52:13

e.S
Administrator
Norway
Android Chrome 112.0

Black Mamba wrote:

Arkos, I really don’t know why you bother with these idiots.

The same people that were begging tuia to let them play on SiMPLE again for years, are now taking shots at him. Unreal.

Let’s not forget the contribution of Simon and deeko to the SiMPLE and BF1942 communities over the years:

- Crashing servers
- Cheating
- Sharing hacks to other players with the help of another well known hacker, S4E

We do not need advice on how to run a server from servers crashers and cheaters.

It is all a big game they are playing, trying so hard to be accepted by this community again by trying to catch other hackers or giving advice on how to run the server, when they themselves don’t have a clue on how server management works. As soon as time permits, they will stab everyone in the back and return to their old ways.

Well said, Mamba.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#69 2023-05-06 23:11:26

Maj-ID10T
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Gotta back Mamba on this, talk is cheap. You  all can always spend the money and rent a server, sounds from prior comments you have the expertise to tweak, and ask for donations, like moongamers. So if you don't want to, I suggest you STFU, move on, and let the rest of us  have fun and play......

#70 2023-05-07 14:38:53

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Unknown Firefox 108.0

Nice arguments mamba. We simply see and know things you don't. I haven't seen many of you having fun on simple lately. If you think our history makes the observations invalid then that's your choice.

For those with memory problems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyHHJpTGZ9g

Untitled.jpg

Same patterns as now, people were complaining but nobody understood that it's the fault of a mod. This mod was in effect on simple for 3 years to limit infantry abilities until we exposed it.

Hey e.S, waiting for you on tanks a lot wink

Last edited by simon (2023-05-07 14:53:01)

#71 2023-05-08 20:08:59

Denny
Croatia
Android Chrome 113.0

You now complain about tuia, he was the only one who gave u a chance to play on a server in first place. I agree with mamba but also that server quality is shit. Thats why i rented and tried to make ax again. And spent many hours learning about modding and stuff. I'll tell u why tuia just left everything. Its because of all the fking scum of weird ungrateful people with no life or job we have to deal here every day, including you and your brother etc. He got his f**king life priorities right. Same reason ssk left  Thats why community is dying.

#72 2023-05-09 00:46:28

NuBian
Windows 10 Opera 98.0

Denny wrote:

Thats why i rented and tried to make ax again. And spent many hours learning about modding and stuff. I'll tell u why tuia just left everything. ... He got his fucking life priorities right. .

Smarty pants lashing out insults with no wits.

Doesn't this mean you haven't got your priorities right yourself?

#73 2023-05-09 02:52:24

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Android Chrome 85.0

Well it looks like you wasted time and money on something that didn't go as planned and now you're angry... at yourself. And you just insulted all the perfect candidates who could populate your new server
what a lousy businessman..

#74 2023-05-09 12:36:41

Crash
Player
Singapore
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Black Mamba wrote:

Could you perhaps not take screenshots of random conversations on Discord? That's kind of creepy.

If it gets posted on moongamers discord channel, I dont see the problem.

#75 2023-05-09 12:47:25

Crash
Player
Singapore
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Kevin wrote:

you have to look at the realities here: there is at most 100 active players at the moment and a ban at this point in the game is unaffordable unless with due cause (cheaters, tkers) and not because someone made a george floyd joke.

Instead of whinging maybe you could set up a bf1942 server just for racists and ban Blacks, Muslims and Jews from playing on it. You could call it the Aryan Nation 42 server. Hand out Kkklan hoods as prizes for the best moonshine slugging sister shagging low life battlefield 42 players on your server.

Bonus for moon admins: The constantly banned players would disappear from Moongamers.

Win, Win!

#76 2023-05-09 14:20:06

Crash
Player
Singapore
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Ferd Grapperhaus wrote:

Memories of last night. This does not look like a dying server to me. Same numbers every night since last friday.

https://i.postimg.cc/9F4mSXpd/full.jpg

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps people's timezone is such that theyre not playing at the peak time period.

#77 2023-05-12 10:23:32

dary
Player
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 112.0

Deeko wrote:
Kevin wrote:

i told you assholes not to be banning people for bullshit otherwise the server is gonna empty. and dont blame it on the game dying just look how moongamers is booming

It is booming, just like simple was booming after aX died, some of the players move over. Banning and kicking for petty things surely doesn't help, but i doubt it's the main reason.
The differences i noticed and liked in moon were a better map pool, a balanced game and no sped up game with a clunky hit registration. Try playing a round of infantry in simple and then in moon, it's a day and night experience, even on high ping it's better and more consistent in moon. I know this last reason is the reason some of the infantries have quit or only play in moon. They've guessed the server quality is just bad in simple or that the server attacks have messed with it, but i would not be surprised if something was modded in, to mess with the regs, just like it was done with the fire deviation mod.
If vibe or toxic people were the reason then tanks a lot would've died first, but that server still gets the same numbers, lately even more than natural

I think you are right, when I recall how it was in the past it was even more toxic under nameless. Paul is doing a good job actually. Something is really wrong with the regs and the server, good you pointed that out. Noticed it too since a while.

People said already in 2005 that this game is dead. Remember playing ESL ladder with more than 100 clans. Now during the week there is not really much going on the server. Feels dead at least during the week. On weekends it seems fine with the population.

#78 2023-05-13 01:39:44

henk
Administrator
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Regardless the fact that I dislike the negativity Deeko/Simon spreads here I must agree that I also have the feeling that the server is modded concerning regs.

#79 2023-05-13 11:09:16

Flasche
bf-league.eu
Austria
Android Chrome 113.0

I hope they can fix the server crash! 3 times yesterday

#80 2023-05-13 14:09:27

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Server half full, server half empty. Which are you?

Your PC may show a slightly different picture than the server sometimes. (Especially when you shoot that rear zooker but you die and he doesn't lol).
The server updates your PC. (Clunky register). It's the same for everyone. Dunno about mods though.

As for game balance which truly makes for a good game.
It only takes a few sensible players to team swap to sort that. Doesn't help your kill ratio but makes for a better game!
Of course only if the auto team balance allows.
If the team with the fewer players is stronger this cannot happen (Simon!).

That's why i leave Tanks a Lot sometimes when you're playing btw.
Nothing personal just a crap game. (Pounding the base or being pounded in base!) No fun!
I'm probably not alone in that thinking.
Maybe disengaging auto team balance might help?
Just my tuppence worth...

#81 2023-05-13 18:24:32

Crapule
Administrator
France
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Deeko wrote:

If vibe or toxic people were the reason then tanks a lot would've died first, but that server still gets the same numbers, lately even more than natural

No real toxic vibes on Tanks a lot. It feels like coming in an english pub and meet the regular customers and friends. Some of them being a little more drunk than others to be honest, but it's good like that.

#82 2023-05-14 07:44:33

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Unknown Firefox 108.0

Ironfart wrote:

Server half full, server half empty. Which are you?

Your PC may show a slightly different picture than the server sometimes. (Especially when you shoot that rear zooker but you die and he doesn't lol).
The server updates your PC. (Clunky register). It's the same for everyone. Dunno about mods though.

As for game balance which truly makes for a good game.
It only takes a few sensible players to team swap to sort that. Doesn't help your kill ratio but makes for a better game!
Of course only if the auto team balance allows.
If the team with the fewer players is stronger this cannot happen (Simon!).

That's why i leave Tanks a Lot sometimes when you're playing btw.
Nothing personal just a crap game. (Pounding the base or being pounded in base!) No fun!
I'm probably not alone in that thinking.
Maybe disengaging auto team balance might help?
Just my tuppence worth...

Don't only take me into account. I've played rounds 2vs6 and won because there are also players whose usefulness is null. There are chronic idlers who live on the server and so on.
I just don't see the point in doing something over and over (playing tanks) and not improving one bit. A number of players leaves when they get slaughteres just for that reason - they refuse to come out of the comfort zone and LEARN to play tanks

#83 2023-05-15 19:50:44

Ironfart
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Yeah OK Simon...you've got a point.
Just trying to help.

Have to agree with Crapuie btw. No real toxicity in Tanks a Lot.
Adults only? Nobody acting like kids.
Sepp may have his moments of rudeness but he's our Sepp and we luv 'im. : )
He's self adminning anyway...One rude word and he's auto-kicked and he knows it and doesn't complain.

Still think disengaging auto team balance could help..
.Then Sepp can sit in the hut to his hearts content lol and the 'chronic idlers' can do their thing.
Everyone's happy.
May your cursors flash with hitness.
Ironfart

BTW 3 weeks with no con probs now. So i'm not complaining.

Last edited by Ironfart (2023-05-15 20:11:47)

#84 2023-05-16 00:02:03

Cicero_01
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

Yes, Sepp is OUR sepp and he provides a lot of amusement. It does take 3 "bad" words to get him autokicked, BTW but he's dependable in that way.

#85 2023-05-16 19:58:01

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 113.0

When I read some of these posts I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. Its like every post and comment from (some of) you guys is the same, like a broken cd-player scratching around in circles. It's more repetetive than the server - and that says something lol.
If you are so crazy about Simon and Deeko then maybe you should do something in private and not always invite all the rest of us every time....

To the actual topic: I don't know how it even can be up for depate that it's a major issue that the server owner, the guy with all the power, is absent and more or less "do not care much". No one said any negative or don't approve his previous actions etc. etc.  But how you can't agree that it's a big problem that Raketeten and Paul have to get down on their knees everytime they need or ask for anything; "eh sorry to disturb, but we are actually facing some server crashing lately" "people would like a little bit of change...." OR how it's a kindda feels like a problem that the server is modded to oblivion with 0 transparency what so ever..... Yeah again, I don't know if I should laugh or cry... Prolly gonna be a mixture.

#86 2023-05-17 03:01:20

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Unknown Firefox 108.0

How many of you noticed that fire deviation mod was added to the server again about a week ago?... smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_3GlpOfos

... probably no one. Have fun trying to play infantry on simple (yes tuia, I noticed right away)
For others who don't know; it is a game we play he screws around with the server and waits for a reaction on the forum and server:
BTn-J2ad-Qhcxq-AAAAAEl-FTk-Su-Qm-CC.png

I find it hilarious how only me and deeko notice and take counter measures while all the other regulars have no idea what's going on or why their bullets don't register. smile now that's some new level super server management by tuia

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#87 2023-05-17 09:01:08

Serebro
Android Chrome 113.0

As long as we dont have alternatives this bs will continue. Complaining doesn't work.

#88 2023-05-17 10:36:44

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 113.0

infantry hitreg is now better, thank you tuia

#89 2023-05-17 17:10:28

Paul Baumer
they don't know me son
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

DoubTi, if you didn't notice yet the crashes to server have stopped. Yesterday mappool was running different map modes with some interesting changes. Some maps like el al were modded for better experience. In past few weeks server owner was around and he did way more job than some admins do in years. And no, neither me or Raketen had to get on our knees. All issues related to servers are being reported and, sooner or later, dealt with. We all have busy lives; Tuia could sure delegate more regarding technical support of servers and modding that is true, and also we need more transparency regarding mods on server based on regular feedback from players - but it's not as bad as you want to see it.
Tuia has been running the servers for more than 10 years and I doubt anyone here has ever put as much effort in this whole thing as he did so we shall give that some damn respect. He also pays for all servers so he decides how to run them; you are welcome to criticize but if you do, try to propose something that can truly improve things instead of blaming servers owner. I actually think if everyone here did his part, this community and servers would have been doing great.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#90 2023-05-17 17:17:39

Paul Baumer
they don't know me son
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

With all the respect though I don't understand putting on server mods that negatively affect experience of all players and especially doing it secretly from everyone - and behind head admins backs. Regs on servers are already pretty bad because of server quality and bad redirection - making them worse intentionally with mods will kill servers. No matter how good management you offer, if there are no regs at all players will leave, and low population lately is a good example of that.

Board footer