#1 2023-11-24 00:00:50

maulaf
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 119.0

crowded server madness

Just a curious question to anyone keen to share some thoughts.
Back in the days of Battlefield1942 servers were usually capped at 32 players or 16 players if I remember correctly.

The remaining servers now are madhouses with 60 players causing havoc. Ontop the maps are packed with much more planes. Even good old market garden was turned into a plane hell.
To me this killed everything that made BF42 so unique. Some maps were hectic, other meant minutes of tank cruising without contact. Now its just die - spawn - eat 10 granades - spawn - die by 3 planes - spawn - eat 20 granades - spawn ... and so on.
Is there really folks out there that like it this way?

I prefer the RtR / secret weapons server. There is usually no more than 8 players and everything is much more relaxed.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2023-11-24 13:05:14

Blindschuetz
Truckdriver
Windows 10 Firefox 120.0

Re: crowded server madness

maulaf wrote:

Is there really folks out there that like it this way?

Yes and no.
I mean it's a game about war, what you are complaining about is what others may call "action".
Certain maps work better with more players, some others with less.
As for the insane amount of planes... as far as i know this is the will of the server owner.
Obviously he wanted every player to have a plane, or at least not to wait too long for one.
Well, to me it seems this only benefits nerds and scorewhores, the gameplay suffers severely from it.
But this has been an issue for months, maybe years now.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer